Photo

[REL | GTAIV]Simple Trainer for GTAIV

7,644 replies to this topic
buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:51 AM

There's a colour changer built-in with the trainer if you haven't noticed

You need to be in a vehicle for the hotkey to work though and a car spawner with a colour chooser seems a little uneccessary due to this project being a trainer and not exactly focusing on the car spawning scene

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (porkie0.0 @ Jan 29 2009, 02:18)
are u able to add a super brake to it also? like car boost it needs 2 stop like instantly smile.gif
im using this mod atm its very nice
also what about a colour changer for vehicles that u spawn? (when in vehicle)
Thanks. Great trainer.

I'm in the process of updating this trainer to be more easily configurable, using only one file, you can configure weapons, car spawning options, teleport options, radio option. If you want, I can also include an option to change to colors that are used when you use the RCTRL+num 4 through to RCTRL+Num 9 keys. Let me know if this is something you want, as it is easy to include.

The update will also include being able to change the teleporting options in game.

porkie0.0
  • porkie0.0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ Jan 29 2009, 10:57)
QUOTE (porkie0.0 @ Jan 29 2009, 02:18)
are u able to add a super brake to it also? like car boost it needs 2 stop like instantly smile.gif
im using this mod atm its very nice
also what about a colour changer for vehicles that u spawn? (when in vehicle)
Thanks. Great trainer.

I'm in the process of updating this trainer to be more easily configurable, using only one file, you can configure weapons, car spawning options, teleport options, radio option. If you want, I can also include an option to change to colors that are used when you use the RCTRL+num 4 through to RCTRL+Num 9 keys. Let me know if this is something you want, as it is easy to include.

The update will also include being able to change the teleporting options in game.

it would be nice to change the colours, like on the sultanrs change body/stripe/reflection/roof-trunk like in http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=393676 this mod.

GTA_XP
  • GTA_XP

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hi, please could you make options to slower the ingame clock?
For example 1 seconde in reallife the ingame clock is 10 seconde or 5.
With additional options.
And for the super brake you can do the keys SPACE+REVERSE.
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

I too am still experiencing a drop in FPS. It's not a lot but when you're only getting like 30-40FPS to begin with losing 5-7FPS is noticeable. I tried using the latest file you've uploaded but still don't notice any difference from the old one. Thanks.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Pixelated @ Jan 29 2009, 18:24)
I too am still experiencing a drop in FPS. It's not a lot but when you're only getting like 30-40FPS to begin with losing 5-7FPS is noticeable. I tried using the latest file you've uploaded but still don't notice any difference from the old one. Thanks.

What if you delete trainer.ini, does that make it better, on my machine I'm not loosing anything, but then again I have a three year old machine smile.gif

Also on my machine I did gain 7 fps as compared to the old version. Make sure the one you're using is dated 27-1-2009.

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ Jan 29 2009, 18:54)

What if you delete trainer.ini, does that make it better, on my machine I'm not loosing anything, but then again I have a three year old machine smile.gif

Also on my machine I did gain 7 fps as compared to the old version. Make sure the one you're using is dated 27-1-2009.

Actually it's more than just 5-7FPS. I was just playing with how the game ran with or without the trainer. If I just put the trainer.asi in the main GTA IV folder the game will start but all of my graphics setting will default to low and if I change them and hit apply the game crashes.

Do you know what might be causing the game to run slower with the trainer there? Thanks.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Pixelated @ Jan 29 2009, 19:49)

Actually it's more than just 5-7FPS. I was just playing with how the game ran with or without the trainer. If I just put the trainer.asi in the main GTA IV folder the game will start but all of my graphics setting will default to low and if I change them and hit apply the game crashes.

Do you know what might be causing the game to run slower with the trainer there? Thanks.

Well I haven't got a clue, as this trainer is only using native game commands, it's build on top of the C++ hook that is also used by other mods. It should not at all interfere with your graphics settings.

If I leave the .ini file out, it will start the game normally, wihtout going to low settings, and without crashes. The ini file is only used for certain things, if it cannot find the ini, it will just use the default values that are programmed into it.

Therefore if you leave the ini file out, you cannot customize anything, but the trainer will function.

GTA_XP
  • GTA_XP

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

Strange, I dont get any problem with the trainer.
The newest or old one, no matter.

MaSt3rOfPuPp3tS
  • MaSt3rOfPuPp3tS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

Hi there

I'm having the GodMode problem
The GodMode RCTRL + F1 doesn't work neither the AlwaysGod =+
Btw I'm confused about what combination of keys to press in the AlwaysGod mode, is i just the + or the = and + ?

Please help.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:11 PM Edited by sjaak327, 29 January 2009 - 10:17 PM.

QUOTE (MaSt3rOfPuPp3tS @ Jan 29 2009, 22:07)
Hi there

Btw I'm confused about what combination of keys to press in the AlwaysGod mode, is i just the + or the = and + ?

Please help.

the god mode RCTRL+F1 indeed doesn't work properly in the newest version smile.gif

It is already fixed, and once everything is ready I will upload the fixed version, the always god mode should work fine.

to enable it just press the += key (it's one key not a key combination, it's located next to the backspace key, the layout is US international, so the symbol on the key might be different on yours, but it's the first key left of the backspace.

Nice nickname by the way, any reference to Metallica ?

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ Jan 29 2009, 20:00)
QUOTE (Pixelated @ Jan 29 2009, 19:49)

Well I haven't got a clue, as this trainer is only using native game commands, it's build on top of the C++ hook that is also used by other mods. It should not at all interfere with your graphics settings.

If I leave the .ini file out, it will start the game normally, wihtout going to low settings, and without crashes. The ini file is only used for certain things, if it cannot find the ini, it will just use the default values that are programmed into it.

Therefore if you leave the ini file out, you cannot customize anything, but the trainer will function.

I thought it was odd too since in the read me you state that the .ini is only there to read custom configurations. But sure enough when I put the default .ini back in the GTA IV folder it would detect my settings normally. I was thinking maybe it was interfering with the command line arguments I was using via commandline.txt. I don't know. I'm using the latest XLiveless.dll with the built in ASI loader if that helps you determine anything.

Anyways the new version of your trainer rocks. Plus god mode and car invincibility work flawlessly now, as well as the trainer not affecting performance at all.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Good to hear smile.gif

Well the thing is, I only have one computer that I can use to test this on. Other computers I have either don't have a powerfull enough GPU or are used as a server, and which I don't want to mess with.

I personally only use Alexander Blade's asi loader, as the xliveless doesn't do windows live.

But the way it works is that the keys are read from the ini, in case the ini cannot be found in the GTA IV directory, it uses the key combinations that are described in the readme.

In the new trainer version, I have moved all configuration options into the trainer.ini file, carspawn, teleport, radio, weapons and keys. And it works the same, if the file cannot be read, default values are used, so for instance cars that will spawn are the ones that are described in the readme.

I am hoping to release that version soon. Especially the option to save your location into a teleport slot in game (without having to edit any file) is something that gives me great pleasure smile.gif

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

I don't play GTA IV MP so XLiveless is a godsend. Not having to load up RGSC and GFWL is wonderful.

That teleport option to save locations you described would be awesome and would be unique to your trainer.

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:21 AM Edited by a-k-t-w, 30 January 2009 - 05:41 AM.

-snip-

I'm a dipsh*t and didn't read the whole thread confused.gif

Anyways, do you think you'll be able to fix the framerate drop? It's getting me kicked from multiplayer because 'my computer is running to slow'.

-suggestion-
Could you add a 'unlock all doors' to the map? So I can go into locked interiors? That would be ace,

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (a-k-t-w @ Jan 30 2009, 13:21)
-snip-

I'm a dipsh*t and didn't read the whole thread confused.gif

Anyways, do you think you'll be able to fix the framerate drop? It's getting me kicked from multiplayer because 'my computer is running to slow'.

-suggestion-
Could you add a 'unlock all doors' to the map? So I can go into locked interiors? That would be ace,

Were you experiencing slow framerate before you added the trainer and does the game return to normal when you remove trainer.asi?
If that's a yes to both of these, then either both of us are doing something wrong or the trainer is severely affecting our gameplay

By all doors, the interiors need to be loaded and fully accessible so a framerate bump might occur

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:48 AM Edited by a-k-t-w, 30 January 2009 - 08:57 AM.

No. I had a fine FPS before I installed this mod. I removed it and got good FPS again.

No, they don't need to be loaded. They only load when you enter them.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:51 AM Edited by sjaak327, 31 January 2009 - 10:13 AM.

QUOTE (a-k-t-w @ Jan 30 2009, 08:48)
No. I had a fine FPS before I installed this mod. I removed it and got good FPS again.

Right, well I have updated a version, that you might want to try out:

here

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

YAY! It dosn't cause the game to lag anymore! Thank you,

But I did noticed that the game crashed, when I exited the game. alien.gif

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (a-k-t-w @ Jan 30 2009, 09:04)
YAY! It dosn't cause the game to lag anymore! Thank you,

But I did noticed that the game crashed, when I exited the game. alien.gif

Yes that is the problem, it runs absolutely fine during the game but on some systems it leads to a crash when you exit the game.

On my machine, running Vista X86 is fine, but running Vista X64 I'm getting an error when I exit the game.

eliwodkung
  • eliwodkung

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

i want freeze Health not god mode i like niko drive to hit the other car and watch niko fly out off the car/motobike rolleyes.gif

MaSt3rOfPuPp3tS
  • MaSt3rOfPuPp3tS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ Jan 29 2009, 22:11)
QUOTE (MaSt3rOfPuPp3tS @ Jan 29 2009, 22:07)
Hi there

Please help.

the god mode RCTRL+F1 indeed doesn't work properly in the newest version smile.gif

It is already fixed, and once everything is ready I will upload the fixed version, the always god mode should work fine.

to enable it just press the += key (it's one key not a key combination, it's located next to the backspace key, the layout is US international, so the symbol on the key might be different on yours, but it's the first key left of the backspace.

Nice nickname by the way, any reference to Metallica ?

Thanks for the awesome work and explanation.
Best trainer for GTAIV so far.

And yes it's refered to the album and song name by Metallica

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

Holy sh*t, the framerate is perfect if not, even better with the addition of this update for your trainer

Thanks for this update, great mod from a great modder.
I look forward to your future creations

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Jan 30 2009, 14:08)
Holy sh*t, the framerate is perfect if not, even better with the addition of this update for your trainer

Thanks for this update, great mod from a great modder.
I look forward to your future creations

I thought the same thing too. The with the other trainer I noticed a pretty large drop in FPS but with the new version it seemed even smoother than normal. I didn't say anything before when testing the new build because I thought it was just in my own head or a coincidence.

P_4_CZT1
  • P_4_CZT1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

It have super speed button ] is this editeble and why isnt there a speed brake
number 1 rule if you put horses u need big brakes

GreetZ P

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:41 PM Edited by sjaak327, 31 January 2009 - 10:13 AM.

QUOTE (P_4_CZT1 @ Jan 30 2009, 15:37)

GreetZ P

Dowload the new update

here
it has superbrake, you will stop immediately. Use |\ to brake (the key next to the superspeed key, both editable using trainer.ini.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Please use the command MARK_CAR_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED on a car after spawning it in the next version if you make one. your trainer is causing MP games to suffer unplayable frame rates and eventually crash when cars do not auto delete when players are finished using them.

P_4_CZT1
  • P_4_CZT1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ Jan 30 2009, 15:41)

GreetZ P

Dowload the new update

here
it has superbrake, you will stop immediately. Use |\ to brake (the key next to the superspeed key, both editable using trainer.ini.

OOW very nice indeed tnx like ur work only my cars never disspear maby its a good thing but
it give me sometimes alot of lag

btw Thats wat i call speed brake Yes man

Greet P

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (P_4_CZT1 @ Jan 30 2009, 21:02)
QUOTE (sjaak327 @ Jan 30 2009, 15:41)

GreetZ P

Dowload the new update

here

OOW very nice indeed tnx like ur work only my cars never disspear maby its a good thing but
it give me sometimes alot of lag

btw Thats wat i call speed brake Yes man

Greet P

The next version will make cars disappear if you are far away from them, as requested by C06alt, apparently it's much better in MP.

KingBulleT 8747
  • KingBulleT 8747

LOL

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

He's weird.

[{ is not for speedup, ` is for speedup, ? is for never wanted, * is for unlimited godmode, / numpad is unlimited vehicles health, ...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users