Interesting finds in PS2 GTA3

86 replies to this topic
Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (codyr783 @ Feb 24 2009, 15:41)
Hmm, looks like GTA 3 had it's own peruvian flute band. Those are all great finds. cookie.gif If I'm correct, there is a beta Claude texture in the files, though I am too lazy to look for it. There aren't many differences though. More puckered up lips and and a slightly changed facial expression.

It's named playerx.txd!There you can find a beta texture of claude.He looks a bit different.
user posted image
The jeans are a bit different and so the face.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

This was used for the intro icon14.gif

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

I was reading whole Liberty Tree yesterday and what i found:
These street folks, buskers, beggars, and bums the lot of them are as much a part of Liberty City life as cross fire or corrupt police officers

http://www.rockstarg...001/story1.html
I think this means what buskers was a late addition together with bugs. Also i was looking GTA4 videos and noticed a busker there:user posted image

Why do they all miss parts of their body?

That's all my model viewer. In a fact all the models are complete and ready to be used in game.

And did you found any animations of them too?

No, but i will try to investigate more.

Can you find the beta BF Injection in the PS2 gta3.img?

Check out here

I don't know if the gta3.img is the only possible place to have hidden things but if the main.scm can somehow be writen in a way these things to not be used may be the answers are hidden in it(the main.scm).in other words if in the main.scm are writen the locations of these pick-ups may be that way we can find if they are for the cinematic camera or for whatever they are

main.scm in PS2, PC and XBOX are completely equal. And camera pickup never used in it. But there is still few very interesting things i will tell about later.

Actually you can play as these characters on the ps3 if you have a gameshark/codebreaker/action replay, etc.

NTSC
http://web.archive.o...pedcheatmod.htm
PAL
http://www.geocities...acter_Mods.html

Wow, that's very interesting! Awesome what someone even played them in-game. I think i will look forward putting them into game. icon14.gif

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

And when I say PS3, I mean ps2, lol.

I usually play as the Bongo guy (busker 3).

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:11 AM Edited by D- Ice, 26 February 2009 - 07:00 PM.

QUOTE (Ghost Bear @ Feb 24 2009, 21:17)
I was reading whole Liberty Tree yesterday and what i found:
These street folks, buskers, beggars, and bums the lot of them are as much a part of Liberty City life as cross fire or corrupt police officers

http://www.rockstarg...001/story1.html
I think this means what buskers was a late addition together with bugs. Also i was looking GTA4 videos and noticed a busker there:user posted image

Why do they all miss parts of their body?

That's all my model viewer. In a fact all the models are complete and ready to be used in game.

And did you found any animations of them too?

No, but i will try to investigate more.

Can you find the beta BF Injection in the PS2 gta3.img?

Check out here

I don't know if the gta3.img is the only possible place to have hidden things but if the main.scm can somehow be writen in a way these things to not be used may be the answers are hidden in it(the main.scm).in other words if in the main.scm are writen the locations of these pick-ups may be that way we can find if they are for the cinematic camera or for whatever they are

main.scm in PS2, PC and XBOX are completely equal. And camera pickup never used in it. But there is still few very interesting things i will tell about later.

Actually you can play as these characters on the ps3 if you have a gameshark/codebreaker/action replay, etc.

NTSC
http://web.archive.o...pedcheatmod.htm
PAL
http://www.geocities...acter_Mods.html

Wow, that's very interesting! Awesome what someone even played them in-game. I think i will look forward putting them into game. icon14.gif

Bro is there anyway at all to replace the crappy new models they put in with the beta ones?
GTA 3 was so much better in terms of look and atmosphere in the beta stage - I'm almost crying here how masichist R* where to make all those changes to the beta. cryani.gif

Also I'm absolutely loving the Columbian Commandoes - why the f*ck did they replace those - imagine the variability it would have added to swap between fighting regular gangsters early on, to the guys in black at the last few missions like in SAM - how relevant would it have been to make the guy with the Rocket launcher one of those commandoes? Also the last mission would have been even more legendary with a completely new-looking columbian enemy. The 'Fuskers' inclusiuon was at the same level of detail as GTA4. Guess it was just too good for them to profit out of in the future, as otherwise they'll have no other improvements in the next GTA to reel us in with.

Goddamnit - now I'm wishing even more than ever to get my hands on the Beta GTA 3 - I'm even prepared to pay more than for GTA4 SE for it. sad.gif

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

What's GTAIV SE?

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Feb 26 2009, 10:44)
What's GTAIV SE?

The GTA IV Special Edition conatains the official Soundtrack, Locker, Sport Bag and a Art Book and sure GTA IV, it was released for XBOX360 and Playstation 3.

user posted image
Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition Playstation 3

sgt.slaughter
  • sgt.slaughter

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (D- Ice @ Feb 25 2009, 20:11)
I'm even prepared to pay more than for GTA4 SE for it. sad.gif

lol i doubt it's that cheap,it probably costs way more than that,i'd say the 1000s'-10,000s' tounge2.gif .either that or you can find the gta 3 beta in a wet,stinky,old and covered with mold box right between a dumpster and a hobo behind Rockstar's building tounge2.gif (x2).

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (D- Ice @ Feb 25 2009, 22:11)
The 'Fuskers' inclusiuon was at the same level of detail as GTA4. Guess it was just too good for them to profit out of in the future, as otherwise they'll have no other improvements in the next GTA to reel us in with.

That could be one reason they removed the buskers. Though, I think it was because of technical reasons. I'm no game programmer, but I'd imagine that it would take a lot of work to code the guys and their animations for the instruments, as well as a music loop to play when they're around. It would probably take too long to do, so they scrapped the buskers, and decided to wait until they make a game that can support its kind of technicalities (GTA IV, though it's just the same guy just playing a saxophone. The scrapped III buskers were of a bigger variety).

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

nothing technical about it, itd be easy to get them working ingame, even for modders

maybe darkel gave you a mission to kill them all, who knows..

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

Maybe the PS2 SFX.raw still has their audio files.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Bullet_Chris @ Feb 24 2009, 17:53)
QUOTE (codyr783 @ Feb 24 2009, 15:41)
Hmm, looks like GTA 3 had it's own peruvian flute band. Those are all great finds. cookie.gif If I'm correct, there is a beta Claude texture in the files, though I am too lazy to look for it. There aren't many differences though. More puckered up lips and and a slightly changed facial expression.

It's named playerx.txd!There you can find a beta texture of claude.He looks a bit different.
user posted image
The jeans are a bit different and so the face.

Now listen and REMEMBER - this is not beta texture of Claude. This is his texture which is used in the bank robbing scene!

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

If you want the FULL model and textures of Butler check your PC gta3.img

EDIT: Sorry for double posting, I just forgot that I've posted here before few minutes

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

All the models and textures i found were full - it's just DFF Viewer bug - it cuts off some body parts somewhy.

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

Even 8 years later, we are still finding stuff out about the game.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (mike752 @ Mar 8 2009, 14:04)
Even 8 years later, we are still finding stuff out about the game.

The legend lives on. icon14.gif

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (stef_92 @ Mar 8 2009, 12:21)
Now listen and REMEMBER - this is not beta texture of Claude. This is his texture which is used in the bank robbing scene!

Yes, but it is different than the original.

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:26 PM Edited by Ghost Bear, 29 March 2009 - 05:41 PM.

I was lurking around gta3 website and found interesting thing: there is no building near sex club seven on screen!
user posted image
Source: http://www.rockstarg...tauto3/contest/

---

Also i found weird line in gxt file:
~g~Maria and Kemuri are all tied up at the moment -Drop by later!

wtf! Who is Kemuri?

---

Also there is a list of interesting strings inside gta3 slus files:

Debug:- Cam Choice1. No Locking, used as game default
Debug:- Cam Choice2. Reaction Cam On A String. Uses Locking Button LeftShoulder 1.
Debug:- Cam Choice3. Game ReactionCam with Locking
Debug:- Cam Choice4. Chris's idea. Also control the camera using the right analogue stick.
HC^^^^^^^^^^^^^ AARON IS TOO CHICKEN TO EAT MEAT! (It's about Aaron Garbut, i guess)

sgt.slaughter
  • sgt.slaughter

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Ghost Bear @ Mar 29 2009, 09:26)

wtf! Who is Kemuri?

I don't know,beta Asuka monocle.gif ?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Ghost Bear @ Mar 29 2009, 17:26)
I was lurking around gta3 website and found interesting thing: there is no building near sex club seven on screen!
user posted image
Source: http://www.rockstarg...tauto3/contest/

---

wtf! Who is Kemuri?

---

Also there is a list of interesting strings inside gta3 slus files:

Debug:- Cam Choice1. No Locking, used as game default
Debug:- Cam Choice2. Reaction Cam On A String. Uses Locking Button LeftShoulder 1.
Debug:- Cam Choice3. Game ReactionCam with Locking
Debug:- Cam Choice4. Chris's idea. Also control the camera using the right analogue stick.
HC^^^^^^^^^^^^^ AARON IS TOO CHICKEN TO EAT MEAT! (It's about Aaron Garbut, i guess)

interesting, know any other secret parts of the gta3 sub site, liek this one or the car one?

ydsavaged
  • ydsavaged

Hey there officer! nice badge, nice badge

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:59 AM

very interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:21 AM Edited by codyr783, 09 April 2009 - 12:36 AM.

Looking in the PC version. Found a few things in :

A_RANGE: ~g~The ambulance radio is out of range, get closer to a hospital!
C_RANGE: ~g~The police radio is out of range, get closer to a police station!
F_RANGE: ~g~The fire truck radio is out of range, get closer to a fire station!

Looks like the radio could go out of range. Also, this is from the last mission, "The Exchange."

CAT2_A1: Come on you dumb bitch!

I don't remember Catalina saying this. Also, some scrapped multiplayer text? It's all under "FEN" in American.gxt. Such as:

FEN_PLA: Number of players:
FEN_TY0: Deathmatch
FEN_NCI: NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET

sgt.slaughter
  • sgt.slaughter

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:33 AM Edited by sgt.slaughter, 10 April 2009 - 02:17 AM.

QUOTE (codyr783 @ Apr 8 2009, 17:21)
CAT2_A1: Come on you dumb bitch!

I don't remember Catalina saying this. Also, some scrapped multiplayer text? It's all under "FEN" in American.gxt. Such as:

I wonder if Claude or Miguel said that,because I'd usually expect a man to be called a bastard rather than a bitch by a women yawn.gif .Anyways,that's tight,I also have some text wink.gif :

[BULL] BULLION:<---Who or what is a Bullion?(Prefebly "who".)
[CAR_22] Aeroplane<---Maybe at some point in development you could hijack the big plane at the airport,or it's the beta Dodo.But wait...[CAR_22] Dodo<---- mercie_blink.gif .
[GOAWAY] ~g~You are already on a mission!<---This was right by "save",so maybe this is what it would say if you were still aloud to go into your safehouse during a mission monocle.gif .
[HEALTH1] Get outta here! You're perfectly healthy.
[HEALTH2] Healthcare costs.
[HEALTH3] I'll just fix you up.<------------------------Hospital stuff...I guess.
[HEALTH4] That will be $250.
[HELI] Helicopter<----You can ride Helis?!
[O_FAIL] ODD JOB FAILED!<----------Beta mission messages.
[O_PASS] ODD JOB PASSED!
[SICASS] Sick f*ck
[SICSIC] Sick f*cker<----What the hell?!Is this,some kind of selectable character?Are they talking about,Playa2,in the skins folder?
[SCSCSL] Sick f*cker Selected
[DEFNAM] Claude----------------------<--------This one's well known:NAME YOUR PLAYA!!!
[BET_JB] BETRAYED BY HIS LOVER CATALINA AND LEFT FOR DEAD. CONVICTED AND SENTENCED, HE BEGINS HIS JOURNEY TO LIBERTY CITY PENITENTIARY. BUT ONLY ONE THOUGHT BURNS IN HIS CRIMINAL MIND......REVENGE!<------This comes right after...[BETRA_C] you're just small time.
BETA INTRO!!!
[CAR_39] Buggy<----Beta BFinjection.

There's some more stuff(beta menu options and such),but I won't waste your time,BORING you with these,and if any of these are used,please,oh PLEASE(!)don't flame smile.gif .Well,that's all I have...for now that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif ... bored.gif .

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Ghost Bear @ Mar 8 2009, 08:57)
All the models and textures i found were full - it's just DFF Viewer bug - it cuts off some body parts somewhy.

Sorry to bother you man, but where can I get that DFF viewer? And is there a way to swap around said files, so for example to replace post-beta colombian cartel, with the more militarised pre-beta ones?

@sgt.slaughter: It seems like in the beta, there were no health pick-ups, but rather you had to actually enter the hospital to be treated. This is further evidenced by the manual telling you to visit the hospital, which sounds a lot more like entering it rather than just picking sh*t up from the outside. It probably wasn't like GTA 4, but rather just like the save-game thing. I personally would have much prefered that over the post-beta version.

... and so again, I come here, day-dream about the awsomeness that could have been, but never was, and then go to sleep over the sound of my own painfull crying. cryani.gif

I'm just wondering, how much of you are furiously masturbating over this beta GTA 3, and prefer it over the still absolutely awsome game we got at the end - or do you just enjoy the very intelligent and thorough detective work you guys are doing?
If so, maybe we can make a group, a petition or some sh*t for them to somehow release that beta GTA3 now that the controversy is somewhat wearing off. I doubt it will be that improbable, as after all, this is the same company who released the full GTA 2 game for free download from their site.

TC all.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (D- Ice @ Apr 13 2009, 23:27)
QUOTE (Ghost Bear @ Mar 8 2009, 08:57)

Sorry to bother you man, but where can I get that DFF viewer? And is there a way to swap around said files, so for example to replace post-beta colombian cartel, with the more militarised pre-beta ones?

@sgt.slaughter: It seems like in the beta, there were no health pick-ups, but rather you had to actually enter the hospital to be treated. This is further evidenced by the manual telling you to visit the hospital, which sounds a lot more like entering it rather than just picking sh*t up from the outside. It probably wasn't like GTA 4, but rather just like the save-game thing. I personally would have much prefered that over the post-beta version.

... and so again, I come here, day-dream about the awsomeness that could have been, but never was, and then go to sleep over the sound of my own painfull crying. cryani.gif

I'm just wondering, how much of you are furiously masturbating over this beta GTA 3, and prefer it over the still absolutely awsome game we got at the end - or do you just enjoy the very intelligent and thorough detective work you guys are doing?
If so, maybe we can make a group, a petition or some sh*t for them to somehow release that beta GTA3 now that the controversy is somewhat wearing off. I doubt it will be that improbable, as after all, this is the same company who released the full GTA 2 game for free download from their site.

TC all.

if you made a petition I'm sure loads of people would sign it, however the chances of Rockstar saying yes are small, not to put you off, it's always worth a try.

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

Somewhere near 2000 people signed petition to make GTA1 and GTA2 open-source, but i i think it's all failed. Altrough Mike Dailly replied me about it:
Well, I'm not sure you want to SEE the source! Some of its terrible, some of its shameful, but most of it is simply a mess smile.gif

I asked Les a while back about that, but he never got back to me... I dont know, its a tricky one. Its actually pretty easy to take GTA2 and make it 3D, at which point they might be taking sales away from themselves.

It would be good... but I dont know.

Btw there was topic where some guy wrote to Rockstar asking about beta gta3 - they replied what they simply don't have it.

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:20 AM Edited by Ghost Bear, 26 August 2009 - 08:25 AM.

Okay, i continue my research on Grand Theft Auto III Playstation 2 version topic.

Yesterday, i finally recieved my UK PS2 version of game: unfortunately, disc contents was bit in bit exact as my pirate version so there is nothing interesting really. But ther most interesting thing is manual, it contains lot of beta screens in nice resolution like these beta cops:

user posted image

First i thought this is a cop2 found inside ps2 gta3.img, but no, cop2 is something really different, maybe advanced version of beta cops with shaved mustache or just declined version of cop. I posted his model before

user posted image

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

The beta was awesome. I wish they would have released it.

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:20 AM

does that pic says that after acquiring other safe-houses, the portland one will have cops waiting for you?

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (SanAndreasManiac @ Aug 27 2009, 07:20)
does that pic says that after acquiring other safe-houses, the portland one will have cops waiting for you?

It says that your enemies will be waiting for you at the old safe house, which probably means rival gangs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users