Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Q] Replace the texture on bullet impact?

3 replies to this topic
Sorkenlol
  • Sorkenlol

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Would it be possible to replace the texture(or is it sprite?) that appears when you shoot someone? (A small spray of blood) I want to replace it with the smoke texture that appears when you shoot on asphalt or other objects.

Help much appreciated, thanks.

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

pretty much anything is possible, you can ind the sprites youre referring to in your C:\Programs\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\textures folder, you need to put these .wtd into an archive though, in order to be able to open, export/import and edit

fxprojtex.wtd has quite a few particle textures iirc, its been a while so i forgot what exactly is in each .wtd

Sorkenlol
  • Sorkenlol

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:40 AM

Thanks. I found them earlier, and tried putting them in an archive using SparkIV, but it only said that it had to replace an existing file with the same name to be imported. Is there another way?

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

Make a copy of an image for these purposes -> rename files before you import to edit -> overwrite old file with new file and edit it -> export it -> rename it back to the old name.

There may be faster ways, or a more 'official' way of doing it, but that just instantly came to mind. It's what I would do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users