[Q] how to import textures to GTAIV?

4 replies to this topic
topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

hey guys.

i have changed the crosshair by following rebel_36's instructions.

now i have a new PNg file with the new crosshair in it but i need to import it back into GTAIV

how do i do that?

there is no "import" button in openIV... confused.gif and i cant drag the file into the WTD file.

p.s. - im using openIV ver 0.8

Krailer
  • Krailer

<3 fat chicks

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

If you're replacing an original texture, right-click it and select "Replace", then browse to find your new PNG. It's advisable to make a backup of the original texture (by extracting it), in case you want to revert to it later.

If you're just adding a new file (without replacing any of the original files), open the IMG archive, then go to "Edit" and click "Add" (or just click the "+" green icon, or use the shortcut key "Insert").

topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Krailer @ Jan 16 2009, 13:21)
If you're replacing an original texture, right-click it and select "Replace", then browse to find your new PNG. It's advisable to make a backup of the original texture (by extracting it), in case you want to revert to it later.

If you're just adding a new file (without replacing any of the original files), open the IMG archive, then go to "Edit" and click "Add" (or just click the "+" green icon, or use the shortcut key "Insert").

no no no.

i have the HUD.WTD file. inside it there are many textures of buttons and hud.

there is a texture INSIDE the hud.wtd called hud_crosshair. i extracted the hud_crosshair and changed it.

now i want to place it back INSIDE the hud.wtd. i dont want to replace the hud.wtd. i want to replace a texture inside of it. i cant right click on the textures INSIDE the hud.wtd. i can only "save" textures outside of it.
how do i replace textures of vehicles, for example? i can see the textures inside the files but what if i edited one of them and want to replace it? how do i do that?

Krailer
  • Krailer

<3 fat chicks

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

Right-click the .wtd file and select "Edit". When the new window opens, maximize it and the hidden buttons will appear. wink.gif

topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Krailer @ Jan 16 2009, 14:04)
Right-click the .wtd file and select "Edit". When the new window opens, maximize it and the hidden buttons will appear. wink.gif

apparently openIV didnt have what i needed.

rebel_36 reffered me to sparkIV which indeed have the edit button.

all is well now.

thanks for your help, mate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users