Photo

Niko Belic Nationality ( Serb )

34 replies to this topic
NikoBelic4
  • NikoBelic4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

If someone think that he's not Serb then he is retar*ed....
As First:
If he's an Bosnian or Croatian his Last name would be BJelic ( With "J" letter ) ....
And who don't think its right you should listen how he talks in game = Example: He say "Neverovatno" sometimes , And on Croatian or Bosnian would be "NevJerovatno"...Etc

And I'm pretty sure he's not Russian cause thats not the language of russian in game 100% LOL....
And he killed a lot of Russian's in game...so....

Milica ( His mother ) Is Serbian name.. If someone remember of Serbian history "Kraljica Milica"S

So who think he's not Serb he got big problems o_o

Thats all of me.. Bye

RATEDR307
  • RATEDR307

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

Also in the first cutscene of the game, Roman says "your Serbian is better than mine"

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

lol... congrats on figuring out he's srbian! welcome to the year 2007. sarcasm.gif

NikoBelic4
  • NikoBelic4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

Yep, and the Russian guy who were working with Roman and his girlfriend, idk.. And when Niko came in, He said something like " When we r talking about Serbs,here comes one " smile.gif

And for 2nd post:
I know dude, but as u see much people as Croatians... Say that he's Croatian..

D0m1
  • D0m1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

NikoBelic4 Posted on Jan 16 2009, 00:03

And for 2nd post:
I know dude, but as u see much people as Croatians... Say that he's Croatian..

Hi

Iīm from Croatia and Niko surely isnīt blush.gif
And here is my "proof": When i was running from police he said : Lepa zemlja ---> and that 10000% isnīt Croatian. Croatian would sound like LIJepa zemlja, and all who thinks that he is from Croatia ---> suicidal.gif

Enjoy the game

sorry for my english. whatsthat.gif

Lutra78
  • Lutra78

MGMT

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:59 AM

Yes, Nico is indeed a serb. Even if I found no proof for that ingame.

But:

Michael Hollick, the voice actor of Nico, confirms that in an interview at the "ComicCon".

Watch it here:

And here's another interview of Michael Hollick - he says that he worked 15 months in the studio for all the voice-recording! He also did all the motion capture for Nico!

At 3:17 he talks like Nico - great biggrin.gif

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (NikoBelic4 @ Jan 16 2009, 00:03)
Yep, and the Russian guy who were working with Roman and his girlfriend, idk.. And when Niko came in, He said something like " When we r talking about Serbs,here comes one "  smile.gif

He said 'serf', meaning peasant. Not that I disagree with your main point, he is Serbian.

HeliosNYC
  • HeliosNYC

All signs point to PBM

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Jan 15 2009, 18:40)
lol... congrats on figuring out he's srbian! welcome to the year 2007. sarcasm.gif

Well there are still a lot of jackasses who keep saying he isn't a Serb.

LitoBX
  • LitoBX

Savage Rebel

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (NikoBelic4 @ Jan 15 2009, 23:20)
As First:
If he's an Bosnian or Croatian his Last name would be BJelic ( With "J" letter ) ....
And who don't think its right you should listen how he talks in game = Example: He say "Neverovatno" sometimes , And on Croatian or Bosnian would be "NevJerovatno"...Etc

And I'm pretty sure he's not Russian cause thats not the language of russian in game 100% LOL....

Milica ( His mother ) Is Serbian name.. If someone remember of Serbian history "Kraljica Milica"S

Thats all of me.. Bye

He's a Serbian from Yugoslavia and he served in the Yugoslav war.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:04 AM

Niko Bellic is SERBIAN. Old news.

Mercz
  • Mercz

Commissar

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:55 PM Edited by Mercz, 16 January 2009 - 11:05 PM.

I thought this was only an issue when we first saw Niko's picture way back when, not anymore...

Better yet, why did people spaz out over it? Screwy nationalism confused.gif

computer g3mer
  • computer g3mer

no need for a custom user title?

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

Makes no difference- if he is from east of germany then he is an eatern european! But yeah he's a serb.

vanmies
  • vanmies

Wha'gwan Niko

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

oh, I thought that he was brazilian.

thanks for the info.

Darkgamr
  • Darkgamr

Keep It Gucci

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (NikoBelic4 @ Jan 15 2009, 18:20)
As First:

Thats all of me.. Bye

I see you too are a serbian. I think the reason the exact nationality isn't made clear is because officials from whatever country they decided would probably be pretty angry.

vanmies
  • vanmies

Wha'gwan Niko

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

I love this forum, there is a lot of people of all the earth.

Really, I don't even know that serbia has internet access. serbia is east europe, right? It is crazy, there are no news about that countries in mine. I don't heard nothing about that countries since argentina 6 - 0 serbia and montenegro. hahaha!

Lutra78
  • Lutra78

MGMT

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

Serbia ist the biggest country of the former Yugoslavia. It isn't really Eastern Europe, its the Balcan.

And to the guy who says that eastern germany (former GDR) is eastern europe.... even poland isn't eastern europe, it's central europe. Geographically eastern europe starts at the eastern border of poland and mainly consists of the baltic states, the Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

Niko is a Serb. Not necessarily Serbian (from mother Serbia). Might come from Krajina or Bosna i Hercegovina as well...IÂīve heard there are serbs too right?
There is no mention from which part of X-Yugoslavia he came.

NikoBelic4
  • NikoBelic4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (vanmies @ Jan 17 2009, 00:22)

Really, I don't even know that serbia has internet access. serbia is east europe, right? It is crazy, there are no news about that countries in mine. I don't heard nothing about that countries since argentina 6 - 0 serbia and montenegro. hahaha!

Lol, I though your country is like that ( no acces to Internet ) u look like poor ppl ;d and For your information I didn't even heard anything about Brazil ^__^

lol

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

He's nothing. He is "Vaguely Eastern" He is not a serb, they do not call him that in the game, they call him Serve, a serve, short for servant. Peasant. Rockstar said it themselves, he has no country - technically, no one over there really has a country anyway. He's a 'rusky comrade' as far as ' dumb americans' are concerned in liberty and they don't give a sh*t if he's Mexican. And I think that was the point wink.gif

NikoBelic4
  • NikoBelic4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (chngdman @ Jan 17 2009, 20:40)
He's nothing. He is "Vaguely Eastern" He is not a serb, they do not call him that in the game, they call him Serve, a serve, short for servant. Peasant. Rockstar said it themselves, he has no country - technically, no one over there really has a country anyway. He's a 'rusky comrade' as far as ' dumb americans' are concerned in liberty and they don't give a sh*t if he's Mexican. And I think that was the point wink.gif

haha, ok look 2nd post guy,this is what im talking u about ^^

vanmies
  • vanmies

Wha'gwan Niko

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (NikoBelic4 @ Jan 17 2009, 20:16)
QUOTE (vanmies @ Jan 17 2009, 00:22)

Lol, I though your country is like that ( no acces to Internet ) u look like poor ppl ;d and For your information I didn't even heard anything about Brazil ^__^

lol

I am not from brazil! ;D
But brazil is near, and I know they have got internet and normal stuff.

I'm living in Buenos Aires, Argentina:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

hey, we should create a topic to share pics of our cities, towns, whatever.

wesley545
  • wesley545

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

I don't understand why not knowing the quirks of every Eastern European culture makes me a retard.

dinamodanci1986
  • dinamodanci1986

OORAH

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

An email from his mother Milica says "Dragi sine, nadam se da si dobro i da si srecan u Americi." That is Serbian for "Dear son, I hope you're good and you're happy in America."
Croatian would be sreTan. With a T.

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (NikoBelic4 @ Jan 17 2009, 20:41)
QUOTE (chngdman @ Jan 17 2009, 20:40)

haha, ok look 2nd post guy,this is what im talking u about ^^

wait, what?

LitoBX
  • LitoBX

Savage Rebel

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

Why is there even more then one page? He's Serbian, end of story. Jesus Christ.

FiendJager666
  • FiendJager666

Your mom was my special someone last night.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (LitoBX @ Jan 15 2009, 21:02)
As First:

Thats all of me.. Bye

OR heres a Serv who lived in Serbia and served in the 1996-1999 Serbian Conflict AKA KOSOVO Conflict where Serbian troops slaughter
thousands of Muslims and Croatians in an ethnic cleansing.

Dah

FiendJager666
  • FiendJager666

Your mom was my special someone last night.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

user posted image

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

wait wait wait wait, I'm confused... If you rememebr, I came in here earlier and said he has no nationality - no land (but the same is indeed true for many of those countries right now, at the end of the day...)

BUT

Serv - that isn't for Servant? Serv is literally short for Serbian?

IF that is the case, there is something else to consider before we commit to this guy being Serbian - and that is, RIGHT before you get called a Serv by Vlad, you have the option to meet your first Random Encounter - and he mistakes you as Russkie. So, at least at that arc in the story, the jokes are that no one knows where he and roman are from - just that they generalize them (which is a good joke and continual to life, but...)

Is SERV descriptive of a NATIONALITY or of PEASANTS? BEcause that can be a big part of the story for your case if SERV literally means a SERBIAN! If so, you've almost got me sold, and I'll go with you icon14.gif

LitoBX
  • LitoBX

Savage Rebel

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (FiendJager666 @ Jan 18 2009, 00:39)
QUOTE (LitoBX @ Jan 15 2009, 21:02)
As First:

Thats all of me.. Bye

OR heres a Serv who lived in Serbia and served in the 1996-1999 Serbian Conflict AKA KOSOVO Conflict where Serbian troops slaughter
thousands of Muslims and Croatians in an ethnic cleansing.

Dah

Well I got my info from GTAWiki.

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

He could be Bosnian or Croatian but i doubt it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users