Photo

[Thought] Bolt action rifle

6 replies to this topic
SatanOnFire
  • SatanOnFire

Ozymandias

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

While editing models isn't possible at the time. (From what I've heard.)

I think it would be possible to modify the AK to handle like a bolt action rifle.
I'm thinking limiting the clip-size to either 1 or 5 and rising the reload-speed(depending on the clip size) so that the manually operated bolt action-feel would occur, divide the firing speed by something around a gazillion, and of course heighten the damage.

Any suggestions of what parameters should be changed to, and any usefull flags that could be used?

And of course if it would actually work at all blush.gif

Millenia
  • Millenia

Gunz 'R Us

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

IMO it'd be better just to wait till we can edit models, why settle for something halfassed when you can get the whole deal later tounge.gif

skaarlaw
  • skaarlaw

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

M40a1 sniper rifle is bolt action.

SatanOnFire
  • SatanOnFire

Ozymandias

• Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

Point.

Good point.

I feel stupid.

The scope ruins it for me though, any way to turn it off?

lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

Yes, go into the WeaponInfo.xml and find the M40A1, then you scroll down until you finds the tag lines and change the line reading FIRST_PERSON to CAN_AIM.

You also have to change the line reading data slot=SNIPER to read RIFLE instead, otherwise you can't move around while aiming with it.

Toxcity
  • Toxcity

Grand Tox Auto

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (lessthan3 @ Jan 16 2009, 01:41)
Yes, go into the WeaponInfo.xml and find the M40A1, then you scroll down until you finds the tag lines and change the line reading FIRST_PERSON to CAN_AIM.

You also have to change the line reading data slot=SNIPER to read RIFLE instead, otherwise you can't move around while aiming with it.

Just out of interest... if I changed the "Sniper" bit to "Rifle" and still kept the "First_person" bit will I be able to move and aim down the scope at the same time?

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

youz should be, maybe you need to add more flags but if you just use the first person flag on the ak you can move

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users