» «
Photo

[BETA] GTAIV .Net ScriptHook

2,937 replies to this topic
HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:45 PM Edited by HazardX, 29 January 2009 - 02:48 PM.

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Jan 29 2009, 07:21)
QUOTE (HazardX @ Jan 27 2009, 08:29)
There are new versions of those scripts available, i guess.

lol.gif Hehe.. you guess? You know I've already updated those scripts for the new scripthook.

Setting any value to Player.Group.SeperationRange causes bodyguards to stay idle. When they spawn they just stand in one spot and don't move.

Vehicle.isOnFire doesn't set a vehicle on fire if set to true.

I was wondering if you could add the NoLongerNeeded sub to the model class, since there is a different NO_LONGER_NEEDED natived used for models. This way we can call Object.Model.NoLongerNeeded after we're done spawning the ped or vehicle, then call Object.NoLongerNeeded after we're completely done with the object.

Yeah, i wasn't sure if all your scripts were updated for the new version already. alien.gif

Thanks for your infos. I'll look into it. some comments on them:

Group.SeperationRange is the distance where members leave the group automatically (in yard/meters). I guess you were looking for FormationSpacing. However, even FormationSpacing is just the maximum distance. if they are too far away, they get closer until the FormationSpacing is met, but if they are too close, they won't retreat to keep distance (sadly).

Did you try Vehicle.isOnFire is the new version? It should be fixed. The NoLongerNeeded functions for all ingame objects are included in the current version. Model.NoLongerNeeded is not required to be accessible, since it is automatically called.

@brightemo: Yes, you are correct. Reading the position of blips that are not attached to something is not possible yet. There is no workaround yet. I hope to get at least the waypoint position in the next version of the hook.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (HazardX @ Jan 29 2009, 08:45)
Thanks for your infos. I'll look into it. some comments on them:

Group.SeperationRange is the distance where members leave the group automatically (in yard/meters). I guess you were looking for FormationSpacing. However, even FormationSpacing is just the maximum distance. if they are too far away, they get closer until the FormationSpacing is met, but if they are too close, they won't retreat to keep distance (sadly).

Did you try Vehicle.isOnFire is the new version? It should be fixed. The NoLongerNeeded functions for all ingame objects are included in the current version. Model.NoLongerNeeded is not required to be accessible, since it is automatically called.

Ok, I was under the impression that Group.SeperationRange was used to set each member seperation from one another (have them spread out more).

I did try Vehicle.isOnFire in the new version and nothing happens when enabled. I thought it might be due to calling NoLongerNeeded directly afterward but removing it returned the same results.

--------------------------
I found a new bug, this time with another Ped function. Using Ped.CantBeDamagedByRelationshipGroup(Player.Character.RelationshipGroup, True) does NOT work, you can still kill those peds. However, using Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP", Ped, Player.Group) does provide the intended results. I know this because I also have to use Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NEVER_LEAVES_GROUP", Ped, Player.Group) for my bodyguards. If I find anymore I'll be sure to keep you posted.

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:27 PM Edited by HazardX, 30 January 2009 - 05:30 PM.

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Jan 30 2009, 17:05)
I found a new bug, this time with another Ped function. Using Ped.CantBeDamagedByRelationshipGroup(Player.Character.RelationshipGroup, True) does NOT work, you can still kill those peds. However, using Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP", Ped, Player.Group) does provide the intended results. I know this because I also have to use Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NEVER_LEAVES_GROUP", Ped, Player.Group) for my bodyguards. If I find anymore I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Thanks for the infos. But those two functions are most likely not correct. SET_CHAR_NEVER_LEAVES_GROUP takes a bool as second parameter, not a group. My scripthook has this function already. It is the second (optional) parameter when you add someone to a group.

Groups like Player.Group are identified by Handles, while relationship groups always got a fixed ID (Player = 0, Cops = 3, etc). SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP was only used once in the official GTA scripts, but there it definately takes a RelationshipGroup (as the name of the function suggests) and NOT a Group. But maybe Rockstar did it wrong in their own script. I'll definately try it out. BTW: They can still be killed by headshots.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (HazardX @ Jan 30 2009, 11:27)
QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Jan 30 2009, 17:05)

Thanks for the infos. But those two functions are most likely not correct. SET_CHAR_NEVER_LEAVES_GROUP takes a bool as second parameter, not a group. My scripthook has this function already. It is the second (optional) parameter when you add someone to a group.

Groups like Player.Group are identified by Handles, while relationship groups always got a fixed ID (Player = 0, Cops = 3, etc). SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP was only used once in the official GTA scripts, but there it definately takes a RelationshipGroup (as the name of the function suggests) and NOT a Group. But maybe Rockstar did it wrong in their own script. I'll definately try it out. BTW: They can still be killed by headshots.

I'm just going by rappo's bodyguard mod source. He uses them like this:

CODE
SetCharNotDamagedByRelationshipGroup(guards[guardCount], mygroup);
SetCharNeverLeavesGroup(guards[guardCount], mygroup);

And believe it or not, they work like that. He uses GetPlayerGroup(playerIndex, &mygroup); to get the player group. I have them set up in my script like this:

CODE
Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NEVER_LEAVES_GROUP", p, Player.Group)
If defendPedFriendlyFire = False Then Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP", p, Player.Group)

I use an optional variable to define if friendly fire is on for my defend peds, false means that I can't kill them. It works just like that too, and they don't die from headshots. tounge2.gif I don't know why, it just does. lol.gif

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Jan 30 2009, 19:24)
I'm just going by rappo's bodyguard mod source. He uses them like this:

CODE
SetCharNotDamagedByRelationshipGroup(guards[guardCount], mygroup);
SetCharNeverLeavesGroup(guards[guardCount], mygroup);

And believe it or not, they work like that. He uses GetPlayerGroup(playerIndex, &mygroup); to get the player group. I have them set up in my script like this:

CODE
Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NEVER_LEAVES_GROUP", p, Player.Group)
If defendPedFriendlyFire = False Then Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP", p, Player.Group)

I use an optional variable to define if friendly fire is on for my defend peds, false means that I can't kill them. It works just like that too, and they don't die from headshots. tounge2.gif I don't know why, it just does. lol.gif

Sorry, but rappo definately got it wrong too.

Regarding NeverLeavesGroup:
Use "Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NEVER_LEAVES_GROUP", p, True)" and you'll see that it will work too. Anything else wouldn't make sense, because peds can only be in one group anyway. Your version just works, because the group handle is always bigger than 0 and thus always true.

I also tried your SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP function, exactly as you wrote it here. It does not work. It does nothing at all. You can still kill them as normal. I'm pretty sure now that SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP is just used to reset the stats of the char that tell if he was ever attacked by a member of this relationship group... nothing else.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (HazardX @ Jan 30 2009, 14:43)
Sorry, but rappo definately got it wrong too.

Regarding NeverLeavesGroup:
Use "Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NEVER_LEAVES_GROUP", p, True)" and you'll see that it will work too. Anything else wouldn't make sense, because peds can only be in one group anyway. Your version just works, because the group handle is always bigger than 0 and thus always true.

I also tried your SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP function, exactly as you wrote it here. It does not work. It does nothing at all. You can still kill them as normal. I'm pretty sure now that SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP is just used to reset the stats of the char that tell if he was ever attacked by a member of this relationship group... nothing else.

Ok I can understand how never leaves group would always be true, but the way I put char not damaged by relationship group works. When I enable it, I unload clip after clip at my defenders but they don't budge, like they're invincible (which they're not, cops shoot them and they get hurt and die). When I disable it (remove/comment it out or set my ff var to true), then I kill them in less than half a clip. confused.gif I call it directly after:

CODE
p.RelationshipGroup = RelationshipGroup.Player : Player.Group.AddMember(p, True)

All I can say is this method works for me, and p.CantBeDamagedByRelationshipGroup(Player.Character.RelationshipGroup, True) doesn't work for me.

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Jan 30 2009, 22:16)
Ok I can understand how never leaves group would always be true, but the way I put char not damaged by relationship group works. When I enable it, I unload clip after clip at my defenders but they don't budge, like they're invincible (which they're not, cops shoot them and they get hurt and die). When I disable it (remove/comment it out or set my ff var to true), then I kill them in less than half a clip. confused.gif I call it directly after:
CODE
p.RelationshipGroup = RelationshipGroup.Player : Player.Group.AddMember(p, True)

Okay, i believe that it works for you. Maybe the circumstances are different in your script, because it did not work here. I'll try to find a way to get it to work.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (HazardX @ Jan 30 2009, 15:23)
Okay, i believe that it works for you. Maybe the circumstances are different in your script, because it did not work here. I'll try to find a way to get it to work.

I just tried using Native.Function.Call("SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP", p, Player.Character.RelationshipGroup) instead, and it doesn't work for me either.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

Hi, it seems like Call() of GTA.Native.Function throws a System.AccessViolationException when passing a string parameter.

CODE

2009-01-31 09:49:14 - STARTING SCRIPTS...
2009-01-31 09:49:15 -  ...successfully started script 'PositionScript'!
2009-01-31 09:49:23 - Error during Tick of script 'PositionScript':
                     System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
                        at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
                        at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
                        at PositionScript.KeyDown(Keys key)
                        at GTA.Script.DoKeyCheck()
                        at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()

This is with version 0.80, using GTA IV 1.0.2.

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Jan 31 2009, 09:59)
Hi, it seems like Call() of GTA.Native.Function throws a System.AccessViolationException when passing a string parameter.

Which native function did you call? (just to make sure that i'm able to reproduce the error)

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (HazardX @ Jan 31 2009, 10:02)
QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Jan 31 2009, 09:59)

Which native function did you call? (just to make sure that i'm able to reproduce the error)

START_NEW_SCRIPT, to manually initialize a mission, but this may happen with other string parameters too.

bttf92
  • bttf92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

I have an error with the call of CLEAR_AREA native:
CODE
Native.Function.Call("CLEAR_AREA", System.Convert.ToInt32(Car.Position.X), System.Convert.ToInt32(Car.Position.Y), System.Convert.ToInt32(Car.Position.Z), 100.0, 1)

VB doesn't accept the double value "100.0" as GTA.Native.Parameter, it only accepts integer value but with "100" the script doesn't clear the area in the game. The variable Car contains the car that the char is driving. How to fix it?

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (bttf92 @ Jan 31 2009, 16:11)
CODE
Native.Function.Call("CLEAR_AREA", System.Convert.ToInt32(Car.Position.X), System.Convert.ToInt32(Car.Position.Y), System.Convert.ToInt32(Car.Position.Z), 100.0, 1)

VB doesn't accept the double value "100.0" as GTA.Native.Parameter, it only accepts integer value but with "100" the script doesn't clear the area in the game. The variable Car contains the car that the char is driving. How to fix it?

That's correct. The game uses single values, while .Net defaults to double. you have to write "100.0F" to force it as a single (float) value. You have to make sure that you always use the correct datatypes while calling natives, or it will not work. You can also shorten "System.Convert.ToInt32(value)" to "CInt(value)", BUT you don't need to convert them, because those parameters are actually single floats and no integers.

This would be correct:
CODE
Native.Function.Call("CLEAR_AREA", Car.Position.X, Car.Position.Y, Car.Position.Z, 100.0F, 1)

I'll maybe add an extra converter for doubles, which converts them to single automatically.

@NTAuthority: I'll look into it.

bttf92
  • bttf92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (HazardX @ Jan 31 2009, 18:34)
QUOTE (bttf92 @ Jan 31 2009, 16:11)
CODE

That's correct. The game uses single values, while .Net defaults to double. you have to write "100.0F" to force it as a single (float) value. You have to make sure that you always use the correct datatypes while calling natives, or it will not work. You can also shorten "System.Convert.ToInt32(value)" to "CInt(value)", BUT you don't need to convert them, because those parameters are actually single floats and no integers.

This would be correct:
CODE
Native.Function.Call("CLEAR_AREA", Car.Position.X, Car.Position.Y, Car.Position.Z, 100.0F, 1)

I'll maybe add an extra converter for doubles, which converts them to single automatically.

@NTAuthority: I'll look into it.

Thanks!!Works!

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Jan 31 2009, 10:55)
START_NEW_SCRIPT, to manually initialize a mission, but this may happen with other string parameters too.

Other string parameters are okay. i tried it. i guess the START_NEW_SCRIPT function caused the error for some other reason. i can't look further into it at the moment.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:23 AM

I just found something out with the SET_CHAR_NOT_DAMAGED_BY_RELATIONSHIP_GROUP native.

I think you have the parameters reversed, instead of it being Ped c, u32 rGroup, b8 enable, I think it should be Ped c, b8 enable, u32 rGroup. Maybe you can check this out just to make sure but it seems to work that way for me (which is why supplying Player.Group previously for the value was working for my native call). I didn't realize there were 3 parameters until I took a look at the natives again. I wasn't supplying a value for the final parameter which is also why it was making it work (no value = 0 && 0 = Player.RelationshipGroup). confused.gif

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:29 PM Edited by HazardX, 02 February 2009 - 05:54 PM.

NEW VERSION:

GTAIV .Net Script Hook v0.82 BETA

Changes in Version 0.82 BETA:
- added an ingame console (tilde key) and some commands for it. type "help" for infos.
- added ConsoleCommand function to scripts, to allow custom console commands
- added console command to reload all scripts during the game and another one to minimize the game window.
- added PerFrameDrawing function to scripts to allow drawing of a simple GUI for scripts
- added Font class to allow custom font styles in PerFrameDrawing
- added basic support for NaturalMotion messages (NmMessage class)
- added simple custom console command example
- key events will trigger for ALL keys in ALL scripts now. Don't forget to add key checks to your KeyDown events!!!
- WatchKey is no longer needed and was removed
- improved ragdoll commands
- added more functions for positions, directions, offsets, etc. to several objects
- lots of other new functions and bugfixes, as always

Screenshot of the ingame console:
user posted image

Constom console command example:
CODE
Imports System
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Imports GTA

' ### Type "explode" into the console and you will explode... ###
Public Class ExplodeScript
  Inherits Script

Protected Overrides Sub ConsoleCommand(ByVal Command As String, ByVal Parameter() As String)
     Select Case Command.ToLower
        Case "explode"
           World.AddExplosion(Player.Character.Position)
     End Select
  End Sub

End Class

@CoMPMStR: YOU GOT IT! happy.gif It works!!! It is included in the new version now. smile.gif

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

Oh boy !

That console command windows looks very promising, too bad we don't have something for the C++ scripthook sad.gif

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

YAY! biggrin.gif happy.gif The update is here. Time to see what I can make it do now. Also time to update my scripts again. lol.gif

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:02 PM Edited by HazardX, 02 February 2009 - 06:04 PM.

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Feb 2 2009, 18:57)
Also time to update my scripts again. lol.gif

Yeah, the watchkey change broke it this time. confused.gif otherwise the old scripts (even the compiled ones) should have been able to run.
I haven't fixed all of your reported problems. car.isOnFire = true still does not work. also i'm not sure how to fix the random crashes you reported in scripts that load lots of data.

BTW: ReloadScripts also works for compiled scripts. smile.gif

Intosia
  • Intosia

I'm random! ^^

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:14 PM Edited by Intosia, 02 February 2009 - 06:17 PM.

ooow that console looks sweeet! Damn im thinking of switching to the .net hook biggrin.gif

Edit:

CODE

- added PerFrameDrawing function to scripts to allow drawing of a simple GUI for scripts
- added basic support for NaturalMotion messages (NmMessage class)
- improved ragdoll commands
- added more functions for positions, directions, offsets, etc. to several objects

OK, im switching over LOL

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

Ooooo, what does the console do?

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 2 2009, 19:16)

you type in commands that will then be executed (if the command if known). type "spawn banshee" and a banshee will be created right infront of you. instead of "banshee" you can use any ped, vehicle or object model name.

also very handy: the teleport command. type "teleport 2354 385 5.5" and you'll teleport to the airport. just type "teleport" in the console and it will add the teleport command with your current position and heading to the log of last commands. later, just use the up arrow key to get the command and teleport exactly to this point. smile.gif

those are just a few examples.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (HazardX @ Feb 2 2009, 18:22)
QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 2 2009, 19:16)

you type in commands that will then be executed (if the command if known). type "spawn banshee" and a banshee will be created right infront of you. instead of "banshee" you can use any ped, vehicle or object model name.

also very handy: the teleport command. type "teleport 2354 385 5.5" and you'll teleport to the airport. just type "teleport" in the console and it will add the teleport command with your current position and heading to the log of last commands. later, just use the up arrow key to get the command and teleport exactly to this point. smile.gif

those are just a few examples.

Great stuff, is there any tutorials for .NET scripting?

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 2 2009, 19:28)
Great stuff, is there any tutorials for .NET scripting?

No, but lots of example scripts are included. Use the free Microsoft Visual Studio Express to open the example project. It will tell you which functions are available for each object and will also tell you any scripting error directly.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Hazard, IV won't start when I install YAASIL... I have Patch 2

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 2 2009, 20:02)
Hazard, IV won't start when I install YAASIL... I have Patch 2

Is a dsound.YAASIL.log file created? Please post the answer and the content of the file into THIS thread.

boomer678
  • boomer678

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

cool downloading now

boomer678
  • boomer678

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hazard X, how would i spawn an object on the ground with .82 version?

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (boomer678 @ Feb 2 2009, 21:07)
Hazard X, how would i spawn an object on the ground with .82 version?

I wrote it now in your thread.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users