A little help to a noob
Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:14 AM
I'm sitting here, front the pc. And I want to mod my gta IV. I just want to make cars faster.
And Niko drunk. All the time.
But, I have no idea of nothing. What should I do? Open Word and write "Niko Drunk -norestrictions" and paste that in system32?
Do I need a particular program to open the files of the game? How?
I've just download Asi Loader and File Check. I have no idea what is that. but I got it. I shall download some virus too, and paste them in GTA and system32 if that makes me able to mod the game.
Someone can tell me the basics?
Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:26 AM
and for the car speeds, search the forums for handling mods which can be useful to understand how to modify cars and its files
Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:24 AM
To modify the speeds of the cars:
- Open "YOUR GAME DIRECTORY/common/data/handling.dat" without quotes and replace "YOUR GAME DIRECTORY" with YOUR game directory.
- If it asks you what to open it with, just use notepad or wordpad (NOT MS word because it uses a bad style of encoding).
- Find the name of the car that you want to modify (on the left side) and after that play around with the numbers next to it until you get something good! Its too hard to explain here, so just look for another post.
- Make sure to backup any file you change before saving!
- You will have to go into the handling properties and uncheck "Read-Only" before saving.
As for the Niko drunk all the time thing:
- These actions are written in the SCO files which ARE readable and editable but no one has discovered the OpCodes as of yet, so it is not possible to write anything useful.
Hope this helps! - Ddoodm
Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:35 AM
I'm driving my rasta hutley now at ultra speed.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users