Quantcast

» «
Photo

Game contains more lines of code than San Andreas!

10 replies to this topic
gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (gtagaming on EDGE preview)

The team that is working on the game is "twice the size" of the one that worked on Vice and Liberty City Stories and they've created something which has "more lines of code" than San Andreas. It's encouraging to see that such a great investment has been made by Rockstar in a game for a platform that is untested ground for them. Other details included:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

* The Satellite navigation system is "identical" to GTA IVs in appearance and functionality.

* Ammunation has gone online! You order weapons with your PDA and they show up at your safehouse.

* You can replay any mission by selecting it from a menu in the safehouse.

* Grenades and molotovs are thrown using the touch screen - you touch one and drag it, with an indicator on the top screen (where the action is) showing you where it's going to land.

* The A button is used to fire weapons.

* One minigame involves assembling all of the parts of a sniper rifle with the touch screen, before using it to assassinate a designated target.

* Another touch-sensitive mini-game will be paying bridge tolls - you push the coin into the slot to get through the barrier. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Most importantly though, the magazine mentions that the game is "already complete" and final bug testing is taking place.

[Source]
Eat that haters!

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

Nice post, that's very good to hear.

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:56 PM Edited by Smiley001, 12 January 2009 - 09:58 PM.

Wow this GTA game will surely be unique. I mean assembling a sniper rifle? Cool...
It finally got what every GTA should have had: The ability to replay missions! I mean that adds a significant amount of replay value to the game! Even after you've completed the game 100%, you can always do the mission again in a unique way like completing it with certain weapons and cars you like etc... God the DS is really getting a jewel.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Smiley001 @ Jan 12 2009, 21:56)
It finally got what every GTA should have had: The ability to replay missions! I mean that adds a significant amount of replay value to the game! Even after you've completed the game 100%, you can always do the mission again in a unique way like completing it with certain weapons and cars you like etc... God the DS is really getting a jewel.

I completely agree. After adding the replayable cutscenes in VCS, this was the next step and I expect every future GTA (bar maybe the DLC) to have this feature. It will make replaying the fun missions for easier and make the game much more fun and interesting as a whole.

It feels that, unlike Advance, this one will actually have a serious impact on the series.

fatlittlenick
  • fatlittlenick

Niko-las

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

I am so pumped for this game!

I without a doubt just love little details in games, so hearing that assembling a sniper rifle to use
and the manual toll booth pay put a huge smile on my face.

If Chinatown Wars is a big hit then I can expect DS sales to skyrocket again like they did last year
and the year before (and i think the even the year before that too).

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (fatlittlenick @ Jan 14 2009, 00:24)
I am so pumped for this game!

I without a doubt just love little details in games, so hearing that assembling a sniper rifle to use
and the manual toll booth pay put a huge smile on my face.

If Chinatown Wars is a big hit then I can expect DS sales to skyrocket again like they did last year
and the year before (and i think the even the year before that too).

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Fleckz
  • Fleckz

~ Sierra Lieutenant ~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

I'm actually a little hyped about this game, which is strange as I didn't feel anything for the release of GTA IV. Can't wait for this.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

The EDGE article has now gone online with two new screens which you can catch here.

user posted image
user posted image

Ultraussie
  • Ultraussie

With Sexy Company of CowGirl69 :P

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

Thats rather cool, very unique gameplay style compared to PSP games.
Say, Snipering would be weird. I think it would only let you do it from above lol.

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:58 AM

This definitely looks fun, might convince mum to buy it for her DS then steal it and never return it.

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Ultraussie @ Jan 19 2009, 23:26)
Thats rather cool, very unique gameplay style compared to PSP games.
Say, Snipering would be weird. I think it would only let you do it from above lol.

I'd say you can only sniper from set points, high atop buildings, and the game will stop you from aiming too vertical.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users