Help and Discussion of IV modding only. Please post mod releases in the Mod Showroom
- Please read the Official Modification Forum Rules & Procedure BEFORE posting!
- Mods in Multiplayer are not allowed
- Data topics: The following topics contain extremely useful data relating to the modifying of IV.
- Please ensure you read the Modding Round Up guide so you know what currently can be done in IV.
- The conversion of episodic content is not allowed.
"Missing" files? (GTA4 for PC)
Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:42 AM
Due to a problem because of someone telling me to try an "easy mod installing program" (which simply screwed up my game), I had to reinstall. And now... no "mod patch" program works. My pc/data folder doesn't exist... the only thing I have in my pc folder is "stream.ini.magic." I have no filelist.pak anywhere. There are no duplicates of the magic files in data, (no xml's to edit), and while editing the .magic files doesn't crash the game, it doesn't change anything either.
However, the game runs flawlessly. No crashes, no glitches, nothing.
Everywhere I go, their steps involve either "fiddling with the filelist.pak" or a "files.txt" (both of which don't exist for me), or using the auto-patchers (which don't work since it can't find those files.).
And yes, I have tried re-installing to see if perhaps it was a bad install. No change. I am updated to the latest patch.
So am I just missing some obvious mistake that I didn't make the first time, or did something screw up for no reason whatsoever?
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users