Photo

[Q]Hold on to cars

27 replies to this topic
Ricksta
  • Ricksta

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

Hello, if you jump into a tall (For example) jeep/people carrier as it starts to move niko sometimes hold on to the roof the same way as when peds hold onto car doors when opening and you drive off.
I wanted to know if it is possible to make niko just walk upto a car and hold on because the function must be there..
Please don't post little bits of scripting it doesn't mean anything to be and a lot of others on this forum smile.gif

Rick

boomer678
  • boomer678

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

That would be awesome holding on to a car.

Mouta
  • Mouta

Hi OH SILVER! AWAY! Take Care Now...Bye Bye Then

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:24 AM

yeah i had this idea too. i thought it could be done already, since peds can do it.... it mustnt be hard to do.... or is it?!
would be great to be able to do it.

ICdevil
  • ICdevil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:26 AM

I remeber that there was a mission where you had to steal a truck and you would climb on top of it, im pretty sure theres a way to do that, but im still learning how to work with Alice so i have no clue dozingoff.gif

GAK
  • GAK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:36 AM

I think you can use the native UNLOCK_RAGDOLL because it lock or unlock the "switch to ragdoll" when a car hurt you.

Ricksta
  • Ricksta

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (ICdevil @ Jan 10 2009, 06:26)
I remeber that there was a mission where you had to steal a truck  and you would climb on top of it, im pretty sure theres a way to do that, but im still learning how to work with Alice so i have no clue dozingoff.gif

Yea that is full of animation, which was a big let down when we saw it on the pre-release screenshots confused.gif

But I'm happy others have interest in it too.

l3mmy
  • l3mmy

Administrator of my own world.

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

You can hold onto the Car as it drives away, just like the pedestrians do, cause it happened to me by accident...I kinda ran into the side of one, and held Triangle, to enter the Vehicle, and niko grabbed it and i was pulled quite a bit down the road.

ICdevil
  • ICdevil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (l3mmy @ Jan 11 2009, 21:58)
You can hold onto the Car as it drives away, just like the pedestrians do, cause it happened to me by accident...I kinda ran into the side of one, and held Triangle, to enter the Vehicle, and niko grabbed it and i was pulled quite a bit down the road.

yeah but im more interested about climbing on the vehicle and hold on to it like in one of the missions, ive been trying to do this with some trucks but i couldnt, maybe it was enabled during the mission or something like that.

Ricksta
  • Ricksta

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (ICdevil @ Jan 11 2009, 23:14)
QUOTE (l3mmy @ Jan 11 2009, 21:58)

yeah but im more interested about climbing on the vehicle and hold on to it like in one of the missions, ive been trying to do this with some trucks but i couldnt, maybe it was enabled during the mission or something like that.

Well there is certainly a LIMB_GLUE_TO_OBJECT sort of thingy

Vive La France
  • Vive La France

On my own mission, I fight like a man.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

Now the really fun thing would be applying this to a helicopter.

ICdevil
  • ICdevil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Vive La France @ Jan 12 2009, 04:30)
Now the really fun thing would be applying this to a helicopter.

hell yeah!! imagine the awesome machinima you can make with it ,make it look like some sort of james bond movie biggrin.gif

joytech22
  • joytech22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

it would look awesome, just imagine!

hanging onto one of those tour helicopters that take you around the game while a passenger has a ride LOL!

you set yourself up with a 6 star wanted level and watch the mayhem devil.gif rolleyes.gif

BWARazor
  • BWARazor

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

Yeah this would be totally nice

Leopard_
  • Leopard_

Call me Leo.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

I agree. I found an native, "TASK_HOLD_OBJECT". I thought to myself: "Try to make niko hold an object which is attached to car and make him ragdoll" but i never found the TASK_HOLD_OBJECT in any script so i don't know how to use it.

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Leopard_ @ Jan 21 2009, 18:00)
I agree. I found an native, "TASK_HOLD_OBJECT". I thought to myself: "Try to make niko hold an object which is attached to car and make him ragdoll" but i never found the TASK_HOLD_OBJECT in any script so i don't know how to use it.

I don't think this would work. You are most likely looking for ATTACH_PED_TO_CAR or ATTACH_PED_TO_CAR_PHYSICALLY, but don't ask what the parameters are...

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

Omg... so many people want this mod to happen.... its gonna give hours of fun when it comes tounge.gif i already used the ragdoll mod to sit in the back of pickuptrucks while their driving lol

I LIKE CHEESE
  • I LIKE CHEESE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Ricksta @ Jan 10 2009, 00:37)
Hello, if you jump into a tall (For example) jeep/people carrier as it starts to move niko sometimes hold on to the roof the same way as when peds hold onto car doors when opening and you drive off.
I wanted to know if it is possible to make niko just walk upto a car and hold on because the function must be there..
Please don't post little bits of scripting it doesn't mean anything to be and a lot of others on this forum smile.gif

Rick

i want the same thing dident think so many people would im still trying lua but i have no clue but i dont want it to be like in the mission i want it to be so you can grab anything any were like if your falling to grab a ledge or get draged along the road like the peds trying to get back in there car but any were and if you have the ragdoll mod using that and then binding a button to grab like ~ somthing not like alt or tab to many things with that i just want to get draged along the highway lol im sure othe people do to that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif muhahahahaha anyway anyone whos going to make it thank you and if anyone talks to hippiecommunist ask him he probably will make it and anyone in the process of this mod or cool ones like it good luck wink.gif

Killuminati91
  • Killuminati91

Brucie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

this might be interesting for people who can script

http://www.facepunch...ad.php?t=679725

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (ICdevil @ Jan 11 2009, 23:14)

Thats not what this thread is about. What your thinking of is the mission on the truck where you had to get to the front of the vehicle to steal it. That cant be done outside the mission cos you need a box truck to be able to do it. It also wasnt that great a mission. But anyway i always wanted this mod to come its something im desperate to try with a helicopter over algonquin tounge.gif

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:32 AM

Actually, this can be done with a heli

1. Go into multiplayer w/ a friend
2. Get a heli and send your friend into the water
3. Get your friend to jump onto the heli just under where the back door of the heli is so this can be achieved with your friend still hanging on
(Remember to tell your friend exactly where to jump onto
4. Have fun and "drop" him off somewhere

Killuminati91
  • Killuminati91

Brucie

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Jan 24 2009, 08:32)
Actually, this can be done with a heli

1. Go into multiplayer w/ a friend
2. Get a heli and send your friend into the water
3. Get your friend to jump onto the heli just under where the back door of the heli is so this can be achieved with your friend still hanging on
(Remember to tell your friend exactly where to jump onto
4. Have fun and "drop" him off somewhere

already posted - not what we want

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

People in this thread have been asking "how to do it" and "wouldn't it be cool if..."
I simply helped them out as they probably haven't seen that little trick as they have been over-speculating

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

Dude you just dont get it... We dont want to be holding on stationary to a helicopter in multiplayer ok? What we want is to be either dragged down the road by a car or through the water by a boat or through the skies from a chopper, thats what the thread is about, not some multiplayer glitch

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:40 AM Edited by buzbegone, 25 January 2009 - 07:47 AM.

It may only be a multiplayer glitch but it's the next best thing to the actual animation we want (Except the mission)

sk8er_martz
  • sk8er_martz

I hate this username.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Jan 25 2009, 07:40)
It may only be a multiplayer glitch but it's the next best thing to the actual animation we want (Except the mission)

Soon, it won't be:

I didn't make this, but the author says it currently only works with that car and so with this method he'd have to make it usable on all the vehicles seperately, then I don't know what could be done about random objects like buildings.

It's not available for download yet so don't ask for that just now.

Diaz070
  • Diaz070

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (sk8er_martz @ Jan 25 2009, 20:26)
QUOTE (buzbegone @ Jan 25 2009, 07:40)

Soon, it won't be:

I didn't make this, but the author says it currently only works with that car and so with this method he'd have to make it usable on all the vehicles seperately, then I don't know what could be done about random objects like buildings.

It's not available for download yet so don't ask for that just now.

Awsome cant wait is it for the asi loader?

sk8er_martz
  • sk8er_martz

I hate this username.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Diaz070 @ Jan 25 2009, 19:58)
Awsome cant wait is it for the asi loader?

Yea it's asi, but I know nothing more than what's posted here:

http://www.facepunch...41#post13380541

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Well gents, that very same link that sk8er_martz posted has included 12 minutes ago from the time I post this includes a link for the extremely alpha version of the car grabber

http://www.gtagaming...cript-mods/2121
Press F6 to go into ragdoll mode and attempt to jump onto a car
The file is an .asi so an .asi loader from here or Xliveless wil be neccessary

The time has come...enjoy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users