Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ultimate Car Discussion, Compare, and Lookbacks.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic
KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:03 PM Edited by KLLRDG, 20 May 2009 - 02:01 AM.

We're updating? What???
Yeah sure, why not? I noticed some new people recently so why not try to get this back on track?

Old-->Simply put, we'll be all about cars here. Since this is still new there won't be much first post content yet, but it's getting there!

Car Spotlight
-Banshee-
A strong vehicle ever since GTA III
user posted image
Up to Vice City
user posted image
Through San Andreas
user posted image
And into IV
user posted image

Lawrencez
  • Lawrencez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

In GTA IV the Stallion looks like the GTA SA sabre, confused me quite a long time when I was first playing the game.

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Lawrencez @ Jan 9 2009, 16:17)
In GTA IV the Stallion looks like the GTA SA sabre, confused me quite a long time when I was first playing the game.

But the Sabre has dual lights and looks way sportier. The Stallion has the trademark hood and rear lights.

The Sabre was my favorite car in Vice City. Back then it was the Sabre Turbo, and in San Andreas it became a civilian car and also the infamous green Sabre that was used in the drive by of Carl's mom.
I couldn't resist parking a nice red Sabre Turbo near my bohan safehouse. IMO the optional paintjob with a stripe isn't that great...

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:33 PM Edited by Niteye, 09 January 2009 - 07:41 PM.

I don't think most people here have played GTA1, london or 2. But that probably isn't such a big deal because the cars looked so undetailed and odd, discussions about them mostly involve arguing WHAT the vehicle is actually supposed to look like if it was better detailed.

Also they switched some names around. In GTA3, the pony is a van with an extended roof and more modern front, and the rumpo is lower and looks like an older model. Then in vice city there were two almost identical vans but their names were switched around.

Also the perennial and manana, possibly the ugliest and least popular vehicles in the series. In GTA4 the perennial is a modern car and the manana looks like a pimp mobile (while the esperanto that was a pimpmobile before is now roman's crappy taxi).

I'm also surprised the Kuruma and Blista from GTA3 didn't come back in GTA4.
The kuruma was basically the only mundane sedan in GTA3. Though the minivan looks almost identical to the blista at least, again it's not a very inspired name.

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Niteye @ Jan 9 2009, 19:33)
I don't think most people here have played GTA1, london or 2. But that probably isn't such a big deal because the cars looked so undetailed and odd, discussions about them mostly involve arguing WHAT the vehicle is actually supposed to look like if it was better detailed.

Also they switched some names around. In GTA3, the pony is a van with an extended roof and more modern front, and the rumpo is lower and looks like an older model. Then in vice city there were two almost identical vans but their names were switched around.

Also the perennial and manana, possibly the ugliest and least popular vehicles in the series. In GTA4 the perennial is a modern car and the manana looks like a pimp mobile (while the esperanto that was a pimpmobile before is now roman's crappy taxi).

Aw man I loved the Esperanto. One of my favorite cars in GTA III... Now it's so... Unimpressive. The Manana may look sort of nice but it's still slow and unimproved.
I do admit that the Perrenial is now drivable.

Another name change, the Romero in GTA2 was an average civillian car, then reappeared in VC as a hearse. It just remained a hearse after that.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

I find it a real shame that there isn't a cheetah, mesa or a stinger in GTA IV. Those were three of my favorite cars in VC and SA.

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Jan 9 2009, 19:57)
I find it a real shame that there isn't a cheetah, mesa or a stinger in GTA IV. Those were three of my favorite cars in VC and SA.

Big dissapointment. But we'll be getting multiple DLCs so they might come back. What I really want is the Miara from GTA2. Modelled after a Lamborghini Muira.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

Most of the sports cars in GTA IV are influinced and inspired by supercars in real life.

user posted image = Lamborghini Murcielago

user posted image = Chevrolet Corvette z06

user posted image = Dodge Viper

user posted image = Ferrari 430 (I think)

user posted image = Cadillac Escalade

user posted image = Range Rover Sport

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

The IV cars seem more obvious and enthusiastic to give away their inspiration...Past GTAs kept you guessing...Sometimes.

tank647
  • tank647

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

i like the looks of the new stallion better, you should also put in the dukes... but lets let the thread get off the ground first

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

Finally, a topic about cars. icon14.gif I like the present IV's stallion. The high suspension is very fun to drive with. Also, the Sabre has always been a favorite. Keep on posting.

Engioc
  • Engioc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Jan 9 2009, 19:57)

I totally agree, I also miss the Bullet from SA. Was my fav car, had good speed + handling.

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

How about the Sentinel? Pretty good 4 door car in VC and SA and now in GTA4 it turns into a nice looking modern car

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (NinjaWJ @ Jan 9 2009, 21:08)
How about the Sentinel? Pretty good 4 door car in VC and SA and now in GTA4 it turns into a nice looking modern car

I loved the Sentinel from the previous GTA's alot, especially the XS from VC.....the new version is alright, but not the best.

neo92boi
  • neo92boi

Agent is still coming to PS4....

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:26 AM Edited by neo92boi, 10 January 2009 - 06:30 AM.

Well my favorite truck will always be in a battle between the Landstalker and the Patriot.

PATRIOT

user posted image Vice City
user posted image San Andreas
user posted image LCS
user posted image VCS
Present Day...
user posted image

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:23 AM

wow, that IV's Patriot really is detailed... i gotta ride that car again n smash it.. lol.gif

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

I love the sentinel. Perfect average car (but sportier) for acting a little less crazy. I liked to take little cruises in these...
I love old classic cars, so the III sentinel was one of my favorites. It's an old BMW, the best kind...
user posted image
The VC Sentinel was sportier and more badass.
user posted imageuser posted image
The SA Sentinel lost som style, but was still a nice car to drive around.
user posted image
The IV Sentinel is one of the cars I've saved. I even have two. A red XS with black rims, and a rare golden one.
user posted imageuser posted image

Delightful
  • Delightful

Always in for a game

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

I absolutely love the Caddilac like 4 door, which name I forgot. The one with V10 on the back. It just drives fantastic. I like the sultan RS for his sounds and his speed, but I think it's to fragile.

username69
  • username69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

the beaches in gta 4 and the hills in alderny are great for fun drifting in fast cars turn.gif

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Delightful @ Jan 10 2009, 11:57)
I absolutely love the Caddilac like 4 door, which name I forgot. The one with V10 on the back. It just drives fantastic.

The Presidente. Also one of my favorites.

grahamsubaru
  • grahamsubaru

Mark-ass bitch, punk, trick, busta, fool!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

I quite like the schafter and the blista compact.
The FIB Buffalo is good fun as well.

nikko_skater
  • nikko_skater

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

personaly im a tuner man, but no hard feeling toward the saber, its a great car, fast, durable and nice looks. But i would take the GT over it. but i would have to say that my fav. car is the sultan RS. Handles like a dream, very fast etc. But in SA I used the saber alot for offroad as well. but in 4 theres notin but suburbs so i just cruse around in a. And i miss the car mod. in SA aswell. cool.gif

nikoBELLIC4ever
  • nikoBELLIC4ever

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

well i dont know if it counts but i like the freeway ^^

Vasilyrud
  • Vasilyrud

Retired Comrade

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

I have played the game through 1 and a half times, but still can't find the Sultan RS. Can someone please tell me where to get one?

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

to be honest im a big fan of those worker vehicles like the boxcar, mule, pony, steed, flatbed lol

ThatsCool
  • ThatsCool

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

My favorite litttle car is the blista compact
Small but fast!
The look of the car is in all of those 3 GTAs much the same

Vice City:
user posted image
San Andreas:
user posted image
GTA IV:
user posted image

Its an copy of an Honda(Europe/Asia)/Acura(America) CRX:

user posted image
user posted image

ChanandlerBong
  • ChanandlerBong

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

I like the Blista Compact aswell, it is so revvy.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

Born Scottish, DIE SCOTTISH

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Jan 9 2009, 20:21)
Most of the sports cars in GTA IV are influinced and inspired by supercars in real life.

user posted image = Lamborghini Murcielago

user posted image = Chevrolet Corvette z06

user posted image = Dodge Viper

user posted image = Ferrari 430 (I think)

user posted image = Cadillac Escalade

user posted image = Range Rover Sport

And the back of the Infernus is inspired by the Pagani Zonda

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

Born Scottish, DIE SCOTTISH

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

And the rear of the Banshee is inspired by the Aston DB9

ThatsCool
  • ThatsCool

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:51 PM Edited by ThatsCool, 10 January 2009 - 09:53 PM.

The Super GT is a nice car too in GTA IV (My name is Bond, Nico Bond)

user posted image
The front of it is from a Aston Martin DB) and the back is from a Ferrari Modena

user posted image
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users