Photo

GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Out of video memory

55 replies to this topic
emerygmj
  • emerygmj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:42 AM

This issue and many others i have experianced myself i tried all the fixes also nothing works if one issue is resolved anothe pops up Rockstar needs to get theyr act toghether all i want to do is play the f**ing game i dont want ot spend hours and hours tring different fixes, dont put the game out untill all issues have been resolved quys com on.

May be Rockster is not concerned with quality but quantiti like Louis Lopez {lol}.

ROCKSTAR FIND A FIX AND GIVE IT TO US SOON.

AS OF YESTER DAY I HAVE A NEW ISSUE now with the sound after palying for about 30 minutes the sound dtops all i get is the traffic noise nothing in missions or anything else wew boy what a piece of s**th maybe the best place for the game is to use it as a book end or better yet as garbage

to all of you out there with problems let's revolt and syop buying Rockstar game till they get theyr act toghether

I apologize for all my spelling mistakes.

thenks

yeinzy
  • yeinzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

do you have xp? sp3? thats can be one problem if you not have sp3

corvinus
  • corvinus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

same problem
tried all ideas
nothing helps

sale1122
  • sale1122

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Maybe if yu change the affinity to 1 core (ctrl-alt-del- processesses,right click on gta 4 or how is it called then set affinity). Maybe it'll work after that . Ap d iajrons!!!!1

AyushJaat
  • AyushJaat

I'm risky with the visky

• Members

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

I have gta4 fatal error-RESC10.I've tried to fix it by downloading Razor1911 crack for solving the problem but it doesn't work!!I've not tried any other solutions yet,my friend has gta 4 dvd and install it on his pc it works fine on his pc then i take the gta4 dvd from him it gaves the error like WTF,i just can't understand why smae gta4 dvd i took it worked for him and not me!!

My system specs:
Processesor:Intel core 2 duo at 2.53Ghz
Memory:2GB DDR2 RAM
Graphic Card:Ati Raedon HD 4350 1GB
Windows:Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Hard Disk:300GB

vvxr
  • vvxr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Saturday, Jan 10 2009, 08:02)
Please try one of the following command lines:

-memrestrict 629145600
(for high textures)

-memrestrict 314572800
(for medium)

-memrestrict 209715200
(for low)

Thank you very much!

It worked and I have just registered to this forum to only thank you

Here's how did I do it

open the game's folder (C - Program files - rockstar games - grand theft auto IV)

and create a txt file (notepad) named commandline

and copy those codes you see in the quote , and save it

shotGTA
  • shotGTA

the government never ganna stop us !

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

oke i got this too , but i fixed it ( in a hour !! biggrin.gif )

check if ur texture is on medium / low , is it on that put it to high . i got this becaus my game was a little lagy and though lets put it some lower , re started and it crashde with this , put it high again and it worked biggrin.gif

( gtx260 intel core duo 2 cpu 6420 @ 2.13 ghz 2 gb ram windows 7 32 bit ) LMAO

DanielSilva
  • DanielSilva

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

But to me the bug only happened when i'm flying whit an Helicopter -.- It's so ***** !

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Have you tried following some of the steps mentioned in this thread?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:59 AM Edited by jpm1, 04 August 2012 - 10:22 PM.

i had that problem during some time . i spent lot of time trying to fix it . and now with my little rig i can run the game very smooth with an incredible dept of field . here is what i did (specs below) :

- tweak your Windows to remove all unecessary functions . windows visual effects .. remove the search function if you don't use it . same for the recovery function . with a good firewall and anti-virus risks are minimal . install your game on a separate partition . so that if there's a problem you can reinstall with no problem
- drivers up to date (graphic ones and latest Direct X) . avoid non-approved drivers . the more up to date drivers you'll have the smoother the game will be wink.gif
- lighten your vegetation lods . it's all about game workload . to explain it briefly lods are the images or your trees/bushes when seen from far (search for lod or treelods in your maps files) . and of course it works for the trees but not only . the less workload the game will have the smoother it will be
- remove all the excessive crap (excessive bin bags , car wrecks ..) with Open IV and a WPL editor . GTA is very detailed but sometimes it's nearly overdetailed . it takes dozen , maybe hundreds of hours to do the clean up but it pays believe me
- limit non-vehicles mods to the minimum . personnally i don't remember having other mods than my cars and an indicators script that i dowloaded today and that i'm testing lol (and which is very cool smile.gif ) . avoid heavy sized (above 4 Mo) cars mods . avoid having too much scripts too some are very cool but i noticed that conflict between scripts can be lethal for the fps . i have no global textures or enb thing installed neither . with a good timecyc settings i think you can have results that are good enought to give ENB mods a miss . and i have no traffic scripts installed . with a good cargrp and popcycle settings you can have very good results and with no bugs
- turn off IG auto-save and auto-recording functions . it's unuseful most of the time and they are big FPS eaters
- don't play with your browser opened lol lol.gif

i3 , 5770 1G , 4 Gig

game :

1440x900
textures: high
textures resolutions : very high
water : high
shadows : medium
night shadows : none
dept of field : set on 17 but with lighter tree lods it's like i had 100
details : 32
traffic : 12
dept field on
vertical sync : on
auto-save : OFF big FPS eater
auto-recording : OFF big FPS eater

i run @ 30-40 FPS almost never below 30 , and when i say it runs smooth it's an old flight simulators enthousiat that speaks . hope it helps but personnally i got rid of that problem , since monthes now

here's what i'm saying when i'm talking about the trees lods
user posted image

EDIT : link to the vegetation lods

FEEDBACK PLEASE POST HERE

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

You should create a mod with these files you reduced to speed up the game. It'd be popular.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hi mckey , maybe later . first i finish removing all the crap , and then maybe i'll release a complete mod . but i have a particular install , i have modified the vegetation deeply (type trees changed , some trees moved , tropical fishes replacing sea rubbish ...) . so , we'll see

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:34 AM Edited by jpm1, 03 August 2012 - 06:36 PM.

i finally managed to make my fast boat handling . here's a little vid showing 50 fps ... with fraps on .. at dusk tounge2.gif . don't look at the timecyc , it isn't finished yet

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

That's solid 70FPS with fraps off?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Fraps on man héhé . 50 fps and the most impressive it's that even with Virtualdub encoding in the background i stll could play at 20-30 fps

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, Jun 26 2012, 00:59)
here's what i'm saying when i'm talking about the trees lods
user posted image

EDIT : link to the vegetation lods

WOOW Thanks mann!!! I realy needed from some mod files like these. The trees looks like a sh#t in far distance, btw is this work with patch 7?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:31 PM Edited by jpm1, 03 August 2012 - 06:35 PM.

i have 1.0.7.0 , i believe it'll work with any version if the files exist ..

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hey, jpm1. It doesn't works in Patch 1.0.4.0. That's what I was conveying you in the PM. Same goes for the Clean Sea mod. The sea is still dark (though, there are no crap on streets). Great job with the mods but it will be more awesome if it's compatible with all versions. Try patching back to 4 and see what is the problem. If you do this hard work, you gained my respect. icon14.gif

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

I tried it, yes it work with 1.0.7.0 smile.gif also and with EFLC (the last patch).
But, i have some notes (nothing personal jpm1 , this is the gtreat mod and idea and yes there is some more fps), you are reduced too much the quality of the load trees i mean with the original files the trees in far distance looks like a ugly tents angry.gif
and with this mod they looks like a green balloons.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:19 PM Edited by jpm1, 04 August 2012 - 10:21 PM.

QUOTE (T-ru @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 13:59)
I tried it, yes it work with 1.0.7.0  smile.gif   also and with EFLC (the last patch).
But, i have some notes (nothing personal jpm1 , this is the gtreat mod and idea and yes there is some more fps), you are reduced too much the quality of the load trees i mean with the original files the trees in far distance looks like a ugly tents  angry.gif
and with this mod they looks like a green balloons.

i never noticed anything really strange myself . lods load fast here and i don't see any kind of balloon . personnally i don't care about lods quality as if your game is running smooth enought you generally don't have time to see the lods

@ Dr John : no man i'm sorry but for now a 1.0.4.0 version isn't planned . i'm too busy with my Vice city and i tried once to install 1.0.4.0 it ended up in a huge mess whatsthat.gif . it's strange that a little texture , cause that's what it is causes such inconvenients . but you still can do some lods with a paint editor it will take you less than 15 min wink.gif . Clean sea is clean up mod only , no timecyc . i may release another version of that mod later , if it's possible cause tremendous number of files have been edited

ok , guys from now on for ANY FEEDBACK PLEASE POST HERE so that we don't hijack Oddimus thread smile.gif

The Ultimate SHADOW
  • The Ultimate SHADOW

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Can any body tell me what to do to play GTA IV 1.0.4.0 on Windows 8 without facing Running out of FKIN memmory?!

I have tell you GTA IV worked well since I changed from Windows 7 to Windows (FKIN) 8!

HireJockey
  • HireJockey

Lone Ranger

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

If you wanna fix this problem, by a new,  normal computer instead of those little-beewies that runs games like GTA SA, CS, MC, LOL and more.

SkyHunted
  • SkyHunted

I don't backstab enemies, I get in their face.

• Members
  • Unknown
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

If you wanna fix this problem, by a new,  normal computer instead of those little-beewies that runs games like GTA SA, CS, MC, LOL and more.

dude , i know , the easiest way to play nowadays HD Era games is by buying a new pc , all my friend says it , they say my intel i3 and intel r hd as GPU , is outdated , but dud , your words "little-beewies that runs games like GTA SA,CS,MC,LOL and more" truly , hurts me.

Rizqan
  • Rizqan

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm also got that error, but I've try to run GTA IV with Razer game booster and it runs :p but WTF, unfortunately the game crashes while loading screen :sly: BTW, sorry for bumping.

Recker
  • Recker

Happy to be here

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

For me it`s working with "Run as Admin" i can enter and play :) 

Rambold
  • Rambold

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Denmark

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

This issue and many others i have experianced myself i tried all the fixes also nothing works if one issue is resolved anothe pops up Rockstar needs to get theyr act toghether all i want to do is play the f**ing game i dont want ot spend hours and hours tring different fixes, dont put the game out untill all issues have been resolved quys com on.

May be Rockster is not concerned with quality but quantiti like Louis Lopez {lol}.

ROCKSTAR FIND A FIX AND GIVE IT TO US SOON.

AS OF YESTER DAY I HAVE A NEW ISSUE now with the sound after palying for about 30 minutes the sound dtops all i get is the traffic noise nothing in missions or anything else wew boy what a piece of s**th maybe the best place for the game is to use it as a book end or better yet as garbage

to all of you out there with problems let's revolt and syop buying Rockstar game till they get theyr act toghether

I apologize for all my spelling mistakes.

thenks

The problem is that Rockstar Games Doesnt give a sh*t about the memory bug, they tried many times it is Not fixable, it just one of those mistakes that cannot go away, they would have to pull every single game back, re-code it then it would work, this is one of the reason for GTA V's late pc launch to avoid any Memory bug, upgrade gameplay features and extra stuff the Consoles could not have, but back to topic they WONT MAKE FIX, they simply can't.

They gave up, now GTA 4 is just another good game ruined by a simply bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users