Help and Discussion of IV modding only. Please post mod releases in the Mod Showroom
- Please read the Official Modification Forum Rules & Procedure BEFORE posting!
- Mods in Multiplayer are not allowed
- Data topics: The following topics contain extremely useful data relating to the modifying of IV.
- Please ensure you read the Modding Round Up guide so you know what currently can be done in IV.
- The conversion of episodic content is not allowed.
[Q]Converting .MDL files from other games
Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:12 PM
Since CSS has alot of weapons and such it would be useful if you could just convert those models to work here.
Because everyone probably wants something, and the modellers can't make everything, if something was already done by someone else, provided they had the author's permission ofc, they could use that.
Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:25 PM
Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:28 PM
Just give it time and eventually it will happen.
|QUOTE (jos116 @ Jan 8 2009, 21:25)|
|Im sorry, but its not allowed to covert models from other games to any GTA and release it. Why? Because many people see it as ripping models (claiming you made them). Also if you release it here, it can cause you a ban.|
That's not an answer to his question, and besides that:
1) he said nothing about releasing
2) he said "provided they had the author's permission ofc"
It's not about whether it is allowed to do so, it's about getting the information and tools together, like exporters for 3DSMAX.
Edited by L0uNGeR, 08 January 2009 - 08:33 PM.
Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:33 PM
Since you don't have any first person view, aren't they just like props Niko holds?
Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:34 PM
Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:29 PM
|QUOTE (L0uNGeR @ Jan 8 2009, 22:34)|
|I think weapons have only one or two bones. But they should be there.|
If I remember correct the GTA III/VC/SA weapons don't contain bones. How do you know the IV weapons contain bones?
Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:34 AM
Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:32 PM
Edited by Niklas, 17 January 2009 - 05:34 PM.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users