IV Other Requests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
884 replies to this topic
Free_Runner
  • Free_Runner

OMG!

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:18 PM

lol...this topic is for requests and ideas...but noone rly looks at this topic..so basicly...why does it exist?

Zefra
  • Zefra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

Off all the time I spent playing GTA 4 I never noticed cops getting killed in heavy car accidents. It would be really nice if someone made a mod like this.

sammclean23
  • sammclean23

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Zefra @ Apr 24 2009, 12:19)
Off all the time I spent playing GTA 4 I never noticed cops getting killed in heavy car accidents. It would be really nice if someone made a mod like this.

i would enjoy this mod...however this topic needs to be renewed or put in another place because there are just no replies and all the requests just seem to be dismissed

m裣
  • m裣

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

i've seen a cop go through their windscreen a few times....

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

Well dunno if this is the right place to post this, but anyways, I was messing around with the .dat files on GTA IV, and I found out where Rockstar keeps the info that appears on those scrollbars (you know, the ones in Star Junction that appeared after patch 1.0.3.0).

The file is called "scrollbars.dat" and can be found on the "common\data" folder. wink.gif

I don't know if someone already found this (probably someone did) but anyway, if you want to edit what appears on your game, just open it with notepad and write what you want. wink.gif

Here's an example:

CODE
*comedyclub
split sides proudly presents special guest - ricky gervais - with resident comedian - katt williams -

You can also edit the traffic info that appears on the tunnel that connects Alderney to Algonquin.

sammclean23
  • sammclean23

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Apr 26 2009, 13:23)
Well dunno if this is the right place to post this, but anyways, I was messing around with the .dat files on GTA IV, and I found out where Rockstar keeps the info that appears on those scrollbars (you know, the ones in Star Junction that appeared after patch 1.0.3.0).

The file is called "scrollbars.dat" and can be found on the "common\data" folder. wink.gif

I don't know if someone already found this (probably someone did) but anyway, if you want to edit what appears on your game, just open it with notepad and write what you want. wink.gif

Here's an example:

CODE
*comedyclub
split sides proudly presents special guest - ricky gervais - with resident comedian - katt williams -

You can also edit the traffic info that appears on the tunnel that connects Alderney to Algonquin.

by traffic info, you mean like traffic density of trains biggrin.gif im probably mistaken just would like to increase the density which i figure isnt hard but i just want someone to tell me biggrin.gif

Zefra
  • Zefra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:10 PM Edited by Zefra, 27 April 2009 - 03:02 PM.

QUOTE (m裣 @ Apr 24 2009, 18:55)
i've seen a cop go through their windscreen a few times....

Yes they do that but they don't die. Try hitting a cab from behind with a firetruck then do the same with a cop car, nothing happpens. They just get out and run after you.

People flying trough the window and people getting killed in the car are 2 different events, and for the cops the 2nd is not working.

EDIT: Another great suggestion would be making drunk people spawn around bars.

ArKTisK
  • ArKTisK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

im surprised no one has suggested this yet, but how about a carmageddon mod?

if any of you never heard of it, it was a game WAY ahead of its time. it managed to pull off real time deformation of car models based on physics in the days before 3d acceleration, and dos games still ruled the pc market.

basically you get about 10 cars, opponents that have unique characteristics to there behavoir, such as being aggressive,passive,dumb, ect. and a wide open space to accomplish your "objective"

to "win" you can do one of 3 things:
complete the race which is a series of checkpoints in said wide open area
kill all of the opponents vehicles
kill every pedestrian on the map

to mod this wouldnt really be hard at all, perhaps a basic one could be done with scripting alone

gta4 already has a system for making races based on checkpoints
it also already features an even more robust engine for car damage,
and to tackle the pedestrian objective, you could either a: find a way to limit the peds to a certian number during the race, where they cant respawn, or you can set a number of peds to kill to win in that way.

after you get that in the game, then you could consider reworking or porting the 3d models from the game into this engine, albiet reworking them a bit, but good news is there is already a huge community that can help move those models over if there is a way to import them into gta4.

any takers?

DRMetzger
  • DRMetzger

The doctor is in.......sane

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:29 AM

I'm not sure if it is possible with a plug in or mod but the ability to map a "push to talk" key would be great and would concievably be allowed online.

DjPeReTzZ
  • DjPeReTzZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

who know where i can get super spawner or Object spawner for 1.0.3.0 pliz help me!

ronxs
  • ronxs

Wanna be modder

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

I have to confess that i dont know sh*t about modding.

My idea is to make shooting RPG from Heli (or any vehicle) impossible, like in the mission with lil jacob that you need to get to the right position and lil jacob

shooting rocket from the helli.

I hope my suggestion will work beacouse it will be awsome!

UltimateGTR
  • UltimateGTR

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

Can someone make a Detailed Radar/Map for IV? Thanks so much! biggrin.gif

Xddj
  • Xddj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Alexander recently created netkicker, and it's a very good thing. But, for exemple, me, i kick players only when i'm sure at 100% that a player cheat (and I hope that all those who use netkicker will such).
Certain cheat cannot be punished because they cannot be proven at 100%, As such, ammo hack, hack health, spawn discrete, and certain weapon modding.
To resolve this problem once and for all, i think a spectator mode in Mafia, would be the most appropriate thing to do. (Spectator mode: like in gta race, or like in counter strike).
In this way, nearly all of the cheat could be proved, and captured by a program like fraps.
Netkicker + Spectator mod = 100% peace

what do you think?
This mod it would be difficult to do?

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm french).

Wildgamer_95
  • Wildgamer_95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

Can someone make a mod which can upload custom music (from Independence FM) into GTA IV's video editor?

teamarmy113
  • teamarmy113

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

I was driving on the freeway today in GTA IV and thought to myself it would be so cool and make the game more realistic if someone could make speeding cameras that would go off it u were atleast 8 MPH over the speed limit and then later in the game you would get a letter in the mail at one of yous safe houses (which we need to design a mailbox too) and then you could pay the fine or go to court (we can use the attorneys office as a court place) and try to fight the ticket... Also we could edit what the police do so that if you are speeding and go by them they will flash on their lights, pull you over (or you can speed off and try to lose them), and they could gie you a ticket. I have seen cops inspecting truncks like in the booth tunnel and it would be cool if we could get this working and going.

It would add alot of reality to the game and make it cooler for people who have already beat the game and that have nothing to do.

I need someone to help design a speeding camera and someone to script it to flash at a certain speed

Here is a picture of what you could go off of to design...

user posted image

Let me know if you can design this as we might need alot of people to totally finish this biggrin.gif

m裣
  • m裣

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:27 AM

im not sure if this mod will be in high demand.....seems like one of those mods where its fun for the first few times then gets annoying. Perhaps try reaching someone creating a realism mod? They would certainly be more interested in creating this. Also, an idea could be using email or perhaps sms instead of a letter box.

TheRealPcGamer
  • TheRealPcGamer

The Master of PC Games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

That would be great, but it seems too hard to be done confused.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

Actually something like this isn't very hard. It's making a custom model that is impossible at the moment, but if you can place an ingame object to mark the location of it.

All you'd need is one of the scripthook, and to write a script that checks when a vehicle is approaching or near the speed camera radius, then check the players speed. If it exceeds a certain speed then trigger either a wanted level or loose cash.

A flash could be a large light that flashes on and off.

nick-marone
  • nick-marone

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

Hello

I have a suggestion for what you could write a script:
How about when Niko in the game carries an MP3 player and
its own user tracks can be heard. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

PGoD
  • PGoD

Houat de phoque!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:37 AM

Hey, don't know if it was posted, is it possible to create a flashlight for guns? It would be great in a very dark place, just aim with the gun.
If it's already been created, just said it. Thanks.

Mouta
  • Mouta

Hi OH SILVER! AWAY! Take Care Now...Bye Bye Then

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:30 AM

dismemberment mod. can it be made?!
it would be awesome!

Acheron538
  • Acheron538

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (m裣 @ May 4 2009, 06:27)
im not sure if this mod will be in high demand.....seems like one of those mods where its fun for the first few times then gets annoying. Perhaps try reaching someone creating a realism mod? They would certainly be more interested in creating this. Also, an idea could be using email or perhaps sms instead of a letter box.

Perhaps it could just be made so that when a cop sees you speeding it is an instant one star? One star is easy to bail on but at least it would look like the cops care when you are driving the wrong way at 120 mph. I'd also like it to be an instant one star when a cop sees you with your gun out. Seeing as guns were 'banned' in LC, I can't see why Niko can walk around with his RPG without creating a disturbance.

Anyways, My idea - There are plenty of in game and scripted cvars that allow us to slow down time for everything, lower gravity, etc etc, and I have yet to see this mentioned:

Would it be possible for the game to be modded so that on a Keypress [Z for focus mode or something], everything in the game other than Niko would slow down to 40%-60% normal speed?

This would also, if possible allow Niko's vehicle to move with normal speed and physics, allowing death-defying stunts and awesome assassinations.

As per logic, this would be single player only, and would be totally badass.

Is anyone willing to look into this? Is it even possible? I have no idea because all of my modding experience is with the Source Engine.

jord0z
  • jord0z

R-R-R-AAMPAAAGEEE

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

How about a simple asi script, something great for Vigilante missions, while you press a key, Niko will show his hand just like he'll showing his police badge and his wanted level will be clear. How about that? Sorry for my bad english smile.gif

sammclean23
  • sammclean23

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

When there is a storm, is there any wind? if so, could wind speeds be increased. If not, hw hard would wind be to create?

WolvenWolf
  • WolvenWolf

OMG They killed Kenny!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

HELLO EVERYBODY.

I don't know if anyone asked for this already, but by any chance is a Parachute Mod possible for GTA IV?

Maybe the backpacks that Niko, or the peds use could be useful for this. Anyway, i'll wait for answers. moto_whistle.gif

FlaTheR1
  • FlaTheR1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

Heey all! It's me again with another question...

Alright, here's the deal, is there a God Mode cheat, trainer or Lua file that will make me unkillable but i will take effect from a grenade or i will fall off the bike? Like, i drop a grenade under me, it blows up and i fly away but i dont take any damage?

// Thanks in advance, FlaTheR

geokes
  • geokes

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (FlaTheR1 @ May 11 2009, 15:04)

Alright, here's the deal, is there a God Mode cheat, trainer or Lua file that will make me unkillable but i will take effect from a grenade or i will fall off the bike? Like, i drop a grenade under me, it blows up and i fly away but i dont take any damage?

Thats in the new inGameTrailer but it's not 100% done.

Anyway i rly want a mod with more car damage and npcs (including police) would die from a high speed crash and the speed limit of nico flying out of the window would be lower.

stevo1988
  • stevo1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:11 PM Edited by stevo1988, 11 May 2009 - 09:15 PM.

I would like a tool or some way of adjusting additional graphics settings like more dynamic shadows and more objects in reflections etc etc? I get very good performance with two HD4890 1GB cards so i wanted to increase the shadow and reflection quality of the game to look more realistic

I have noticed that not all things appear in the vehicle's reflection and at night/headlights on i noticed that not all objects cast a shadow like other cars or static objects like overpasses and buildings. I assume that even with settings maxed out in the game menu that the graphics engine is still capable of applying what it already has with more objects by editing a config file or adding command lines.

sammclean23
  • sammclean23

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

a script that applies a strong wind like force to everything

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

GTA:IV scripter

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (FlaTheR1 @ May 11 2009, 15:04)

// Thanks in advance, FlaTheR

Dude, I already made a mod for that!

Only downside it's not yet compatible with 1.0.3.0. But I'll make it compatible as soon as I can download a damn ASI-loader for 1.0.3.0 (Alexander's site seems to be down sad.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users