Quantcast

» «
Photo

Chinatown Wars as DLC

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to have the GTA Chinatown Wars available as a downloadable game for your system? (86 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have the GTA Chinatown Wars available as a downloadable game for your system?

1. Yes (45 votes [54.88%])

Percentage of vote: 54.88%

2. No (37 votes [45.12%])

Percentage of vote: 45.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

Would you like to have Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars available for download for the Xbox 360 & the Playstation 3? (PC people will eventually get it as a ROM, so they probably wouldn't get it.)

There is no mention of it coming out for anything other than the DS, and it is unlikely, but don't you think it would be nice for us who don't own a Nintendo DS? More money for you, R* wink.gif (greedy bastards) tounge.gif

What do you guys think? DLC: yes or no.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

No. This project is based on DS features. So it'll be very hard to play normally on other consoles and PC. It's not like GTA Stories on PSP.

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

No.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

One word poster, ban!^
tounge.gif
But the above posters speaks the truth.
Not as DLC at all.
I mean, I'd rather have VCS or LCS as DLC on the PS3 >_>

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

it uses touch screen and voice commands so would be hard to play on normal consoles confused.gif

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

What if they modified the game to be console friendly?

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

Then, it would still be gay. I'd rather have a good GTA game for the consoles instead of a modded CW for the consoles. Lets leave it to the DS.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

From the perspective of an Xbox 360 owner:

If they were just going to take the DS game and port it straight to the Xbox then NO.
The visuals would look worse on the larger screen, there would have to be compromises made for all uses of the stylus. Almost everything about Chinatown Wars has been designed specifically for the DS, so it just won't work on anything else. It might be ok on the Wii, but even then I'm not sure.

If they just took the storyline and characters from CW and used them as DLC in GTAIV then - YES, I'd be interested.
So all the basics of GTAIV would still be the same, but the missions would be redesigned for that platform. They might even add extra missions that aren't in the original game to replace those that only work on the DS.

I can't see them doing that, but if they did I'd probably get it.

gangbangbudz
  • gangbangbudz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

it kinda seems like this isnt in the right place at all

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (gangbangbudz @ Jan 8 2009, 06:06)
it kinda seems like this isnt in the right place at all

Well it is about DLC for GTA IV and since this is the GTAIV forum its in the right place.

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

I love Chinatown Wars, I love GTA IV and I love The Lost and Damned. Given that CTW uses 2/3rds of the map from GTA IV, there's absolutely no reason why it couldn't be ported as a downloaded episode for GTA IV, TLaD style. I appreciate that some of the gameplay features would be challenging for some developers to port successfully, but what's challenging to most developers seems to be R*'s minimum expectation.

Who here seriously wouldn't want that story in the proper GTA IV engine?

As regards making LCS and VCS available as DLC.. While they didn't really add anything really new to the series other than multiplayer, I wouldn't object, though it really would be a cash cow.

However, a complete GTA III boxset (GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS) optimised for the 360 and PS3 sold as a boxset for something like 50 would be awesome. It'd be even better if R* ported GTA Advance to the GTA 3 engine and map while they were at it, seeing as it uses a map of GTA III era Liberty City as it's basis..

SovietWarrior42
  • SovietWarrior42

Certified Demoman

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

I've been thinking about this, as well. Although I think CW would lose that particular charm it has, I'd still like to see it.

motorforum
  • motorforum

ped crusher

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

I noticed the main character from CtW is on the LCPD website on IV.

TheTruePiMs
  • TheTruePiMs

Old Player

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

It'd be cool to have CW as DLC for the rampages !!!!!

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

CTW was made for the DS. It's graphics are suited to DS. The map is suited for DS. The gameplay is suited for DS.

You can't touch screen your T.V. confused.gif

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

No. I don't see it happening.

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

It just wouldn't be suitable on a console like PS3 or 360. Why would they go through all the trouble of changing the way you play it just so that people could get it on the ps3.
I think the best way is just to get a ds. wink.gif

Darkseid
  • Darkseid

Supreme ruler of Apokolips

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (carpetdweller @ Jan 7 2009, 19:31)
If they just took the storyline and characters from CW and used them as DLC in GTAIV then - YES, I'd be interested.
So all the basics of GTAIV would still be the same, but the missions would be redesigned for that platform. They might even add extra missions that aren't in the original game to replace those that only work on the DS.

I agree with this. Id love to play as Huang and be a part of the Traids and see how his story fits into the whole GTA4 storyline. Id buy this as DLC for my 360 in a heartbeat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users