Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Q]Strange situation with Alice, in need of help.

6 replies to this topic
ventilated
  • ventilated

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

I know it may seem like I registered on here just to ask this question, but that was just what finally made me register. Been lurking here searching for answers for a while and viewing what y'all have been making.

I had GTA IV installed with Alice also installed, and it worked.

The only script I had in the Alice folder at that point was the example, superman, script.

I thought that was cool, so I downloaded another script, it was a "super jump and extra fast" type script. My game didn't load.

Removed the latter script, and the game wouldn't load.

Removed the first script, the game still wouldn't load.

Reinstalled because I thought I had messed something else up.

Made sure I patched to 1.0.1.0, installed Magic IV and ran it, then installed Alice.

The game now runs with no scripts in the Alice folder, but whenever I add even the example scripts, my game gets to the command prompt coming up before the game actually loads, and I get the "GTA IV HAS CRASHED! OH NO!" notification.

This is very frustrating, and I've read through all of the pages of this forum and all of the pages of the Alice and "Lua Help" threads to see if there was an answer for this, and none could be found.

I'm running Steam GTA IV patched at 1.0.1.0 on Genuine Vista Ultimate.

Sorkenlol
  • Sorkenlol

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

I installed magic IV after alice, maybe that's the problem.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:10 AM

Did you try after the first crash to desktop, to wait a few seconds and launch the game again. It seems that every time when I add or remove scripts, it crashes to desktop, in the alice log you see that it tried to load a certain script, and hangs on that. Simply relaunching the game solved that on numerous occasions.

ventilated
  • ventilated

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:10 AM Edited by ventilated, 07 January 2009 - 08:14 AM.

I'll give undo-ing magic a shot.

QUOTE (sjaak327)
  Did you try after the first crash to desktop, to wait a few seconds and launch the game again. It seems that every time when I add or remove scripts, it crashes to desktop, in the alice log you see that it tried to load a certain script, and hangs on that. Simply relaunching the game solved that on numerous occasions.
Yes, I tried that.

I don't remember whether or not I had magic installed before the first reinstall, but I know I did not have it installed when I installed Alice.

ventilated
  • ventilated

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

Used the "recovery" feature in magic.

Put the "superman" script in the Alice folder.

Game still does not get past the command prompt box.

ventilated
  • ventilated

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Sorkenlol @ Jan 7 2009, 08:09)
I installed magic IV after alice, maybe that's the problem.

Tried reinstalling and then doing this.

It still does not work with any scripts in the Alice folder.

Loban911
  • Loban911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

I have got exactly the same problem, I've also been searching this forums for a solution and haven't found any aswell, I installed Alice everything seemed fine, but whenever I try to run the game with a .lua script in the GTAIV/Alice folder the command window appears and then it just crashes! The game runs fine without any script in the folder.

Note: I have the patch installed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users