» «
Photo

full analog support on a 360 pad

8 replies to this topic
sushimaster
  • sushimaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:54 AM Edited by sushimaster, 07 January 2009 - 05:56 AM.

suicidal.gif

Hello, this is my first post. I hope you like it. Furthermore, I hope someone can help me out. For the books, I googled "San Andreas forum" and here I am. Spiffy! History in the making my friends, history in the making. Anyway, here is the deal. Quite some time ago I purchased GTA: SA [Second Edition]. Oh, how long ago it seems. It was a brighter time then, before z-axis & rotation.

I am using a wireless xbox 360 gamepad. Boy, I do love this piece of junk. I did get the actual PC version, so I only paid $20 for it. Heed my warning fellow gamers. Do not buy this thing! It's just one big pile of grief. I remember back when the 360 (console) first came out. The controller was stated to have "improvements" in the analog department. I guess if utter crap is an improvement... The right stick isn't an X/Y axis like the left stick, it is rotational & the triggers are a single axis. San Andreas doesn't seem to like it this way and I for one hate it. Mostly, the fact that I can't get analog is really making me one frustrated monkey. I'm not just talking about San Andreas. I would bet that not one single game fully utilizes this glorified paperweight. Excluding "games for windows"...

barf8bd.gif

I've tried EVERYTHING! I need one thing, a suggestion. Which controller do I buy next? I really would like to know, if I use a PS2 controller with an adapter, will I get full analog functionality? Any other suggestions?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:45 AM

Have you tried San Andreas Advanced Control while using your 360 controller?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

There are quite a few gamepads.
The game pad should have at least 12 buttons.

I have two.
A 10 button Seitek and,
I actually use a Logitech Dual Action it worked with GTA:SA straight from the box, without using any special drivers.

I don't care for wireless. Used one a long time ago (Atari) when they first came out. Have a PS3 now, still don't like them.

sushimaster
  • sushimaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:29 PM Edited by sushimaster, 07 January 2009 - 12:43 PM.

I did try SAAC but it just makes the game crash. I suppose it is because it was programed for an earlier version. Is there a way to revert Second Edition back?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (sushimaster @ Jan 7 2009, 17:59)
I did try SAAC but it just makes the game crash. I suppose it is because it was programed for an earlier version. Is there a way to revert the Second Edition back?

Try downgrading your game. Google for a downgrader patch. We cannot link you to it coz that's against the rules.

sushimaster
  • sushimaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:51 PM Edited by sushimaster, 07 January 2009 - 12:57 PM.

Well, the game doesn't crash anymore. I just cant use my pad at all now.

sushimaster
  • sushimaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

It is working now, I forgot to select my gamepad in the saac. Trouble is, the deadzone on the left stick is too small. CJ just keeps walking and never stops!

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button if you want to add anything.

If you have an issue pertaining to the deadzone, it might be a good idea to ask in the SAAC topic that I linked you to. Someone over there might know the optimal settings for your controller.

sushimaster
  • sushimaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

well, all is well... Sorry for double posting. Everything is ship shape. I fiddled with the axis settings in SAAC and it works like a dream.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users