• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic
Mar.K
  • Mar.K

Hitman

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

My little bro got Vice City as a birthday gift in 2003 when i was 10 and he was 9. Great memories playing it all night long biggrin.gif

I'm 17 now and if GTA 5 is released in Spring 2011 (at least...) i would be able to buy one myself for a change, lol.. biggrin.gif

slyeagle
  • slyeagle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (pinky @ Jan 5 2009, 17:06)
At the end of the day the EMO f*ckers are gonna go nuts and shoot classmates anyway. All GTA has to do with it is that they try and use that as the get out of jail card, or to give the parents something to blame other than their own failures as parents selves.

In short, spineless buck passing bastards blame GTA for everything.

exactly dude, or as eminem put it<
"they blame it on marilon or the heroin, but where are the parents at?".
i think everyone has the brain to know if you get into a shootout with a ton of cops in real life you are toast.

Grizzly20
  • Grizzly20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (slyeagle @ Aug 16 2010, 18:36)
QUOTE (pinky @ Jan 5 2009, 17:06)
At the end of the day the EMO f*ckers are gonna go nuts and shoot classmates anyway. All GTA has to do with it is that they try and use that as the get out of jail card, or to give the parents something to blame other than their own failures as parents selves.

In short, spineless buck passing bastards blame GTA for everything.

exactly dude, or as eminem put it<
"they blame it on marilon or the heroin, but where are the parents at?".
i think everyone has the brain to know if you get into a shootout with a ton of cops in real life you are toast.

Exactly, nicely put my friend. Remember that day in L.A, those two men with Kevlar Vests, or some type of body armor, and AK47's? Even they died, after the police had to go to a Pawn Shop and get stronger fire power. Sure they put down some good men and women, and those men an women will be forever remembered, but when you get into something that big, you are either dying, or, well, that's the only option isn't it? You can't just steal a Taxi and go to a Spray Shop for a quick spray, which should take more than three hours, ha ha. However there have been cases where people have outran the police, but those are cases where they don't even have a Helicopter on them, where there's only two or three squad cards. In those cases, some people have found it easy to get away. biggrin.gif

Venlonaer
  • Venlonaer

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

7 years on gta 2 lol

i'm wise enough not to buy some guns get a car and some kevlar and go shoot some cops and get away with it.
although somewhere in asia some moron jacked a taxi and said he was inspired by gta

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

all i'm gonna say on the topic is that if you can't tell the difference between pixels on a screen and real life than it was never Rockstars fault and letting you play the game is the least of the issue.

WaXT
  • WaXT

The WarCandy

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:31 AM Edited by WaXT, 21 August 2010 - 05:33 AM.

Actually started playing games like these when I was 8 or 9. I played Driver 2 on the PS1. Then the first GTA I played was Vice City. Then I loved it and now I'm 15, I play allot of these kind of games. Especially GTA. rampage_ani.gif

But I never did ANY of the things the characters did on the games. biggrin.gif

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

Well, I have played GTA since I was 9, and that was never a problem because I was never a violent person, and I had played many other violent games before. But I guess there is a difference between GTA III and GTA IV when we are talking about reality for example.

It's obviously up to your parents if you are allowed to play GTA or not. But if you aren't a violent kid and know the difference between right and wrong in our world, then I guess you can play GTA at a young age. I don't know if GTA is appropriate for 6 years olds though, maybe that is too yong, but like I said before, it is up to your parents.

Karambalaya
  • Karambalaya

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

The guy who took hostages in the Discovery Channel HQ today was greatly inspired to action by Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth". Nuff said. People are taking in impulses from all around their surroundings, so one cannot single out a single source of inspiration for criminal activity.

ACG
  • ACG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

I don't think the age matters. When a game is 18+ it just means that you have to understant that is just a game for me. I play from 10 years old and I never had any problem.

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Keep yer moaning for the bedroom!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

Ive been wacthing 18 movies since I was 8.Im only half sociopath.I havent made that "step" yet.Actually going out and shooting someone. :PIve thought about it a lot tho smile.gif

SxyTerrorist
  • SxyTerrorist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

I'd recommend the game to immature people like myself who enjoy driving irresponsibly and blowing things up. (I'm 43).

Trooth
  • Trooth

Drivin' around in rusty Vigero

• Members

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Ahhh I still remember the GTA 1 when I first played at age 9 years, pixelman cruising in pixelcar around in pixelcity. It was best I knew but not so realistic looking.
Nowdays the gamemakers create so realistic looking games, maybe too much realistic. It's just game, until you start taking it too seriously. Like sometimes in multiplayer games where are lots of people, somebody might get angry because they were killed by someone when he/she had 'killingspree'. At that point I usually switch off the PC and go get a coffee or some snack. Just virtual world made of long lines of text, nothing real and serious.

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

When my brother was 15 he grew a beard for the release of San Andreas and it worked.

I think it would be fine to let you play gta, as long as you're mature enough. I don't think it makes anyone violent, at a really young age my brothers used to let me play gta 2 and I've played every game since, not once have I ever thought carrying out any if the acts in gta myself.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

Im 3 yo. Playing IV since lauch.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

You can't be half a gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014