Be honest here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic
TheHitm4N
  • TheHitm4N

Stone cold

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

Buy the game, play the game, enjoy the game!

But remember its a game. That means dont go around firing plastic BB gun rounds at your schoolmates during Maths or practice punch combos on your granny while she's knitting your beige wooly jumper!

I say that because young minds are influenced easily..

GT409
  • GT409

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

I was 8 when I played GTA for the first time (VC), now I'm 14 and I have never had any illegal thoughts. I am actually a pacifist and won't fight anyone. Instead, I use GTA to release my anger.

vanmies
  • vanmies

Wha'gwan Niko

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:05 AM Edited by vanmies, 06 January 2009 - 04:08 AM.

of course. I don't know how is your culture there, but here kids of eight years old naturally watch a tv show where a lot of girls with no cloth dance on the pole!
so, here is very very normal to see a six years old kid or younger playing gta, watching the blood, the violence and sex scenes.

and of course, they dont understand a sh*t! they just get some fun doing the things that adults do.
play it now, replay it in a few years and you are gonna understand another things.

GT409, if you are a pacifist, why do you need a game to release your anger? peace is not just not killing some idiots on the street, peace is peace on mind. the no need to feel any anger.

LitoBX
  • LitoBX

Savage Rebel

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:38 AM

I say the younger the better. To tell you the truth, the language, the killing, the rated R missions
is what can help young people avoid growing up to be corporate zombies, in my opinion.

HugoMarques
  • HugoMarques

Coffee Machine

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (KLLRDG @ Jan 5 2009, 21:43)
Your two year old cousin asked you to borrow GTA Vice City and learned how to play it?

My brother is 5 and he can play PS2, but he still has some trouble...But...A two year old?

Yes, but the game was in PC and he didn't take much time to fully enjoy of all features in the game. Only he couldn't read, and even if he could, the game was not translated, so I had to tell him what to do in some missions.

Sometime later, I teached him some cheats: I wrote them in big letters on a paper and he saw them and looked for the same letter in the keyboard. He couldn't read but already started to store some cheats in is mind. He was only 3 and he could write BIGBANG even faster than me.

I'm not a cheater, though. I love the challenge of the missions. The harder, the better.

PS: I agree with your opinion, LitoBX.

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (HugoMarques @ Jan 6 2009, 15:38)
QUOTE (KLLRDG @ Jan 5 2009, 21:43)
Your two year old cousin asked you to borrow GTA Vice City and learned how to play it?

My brother is 5 and he can play PS2, but he still has some trouble...But...A two year old?

Yes, but the game was in PC and he didn't take much time to fully enjoy of all features in the game. Only he couldn't read, and even if he could, the game was not translated, so I had to tell him what to do in some missions.

Sometime later, I teached him some cheats: I wrote them in big letters on a paper and he saw them and looked for the same letter in the keyboard. He couldn't read but already started to store some cheats in is mind. He was only 3 and he could write BIGBANG even faster than me.

I'm not a cheater, though. I love the challenge of the missions. The harder, the better.

PS: I agree with your opinion, LitoBX.

I was pretty young when I played Vice City. I always use the drive on water cheat to get to the third island, and buy that one house that's always available with the three garages, but only after I do the money cheat, which was PANZER, start the cop missions, then get out of the tank, BIGBANG, PANZER, get in again and resume like that...

kkthxcya
  • kkthxcya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

The first time I played a "violent" game, was around 1990, or earlier. My cousins had amiga/commie and a NES, so I'm pretty certain I've played some before - Not certain tho.
At least I know, I got first own NES console back in mid 1990 - With Super Mario Brothers 3.
Well; Where I think it's a harmless 2D-Platform game, it's pretty violent ^.^ Jumping on creatures, shooting+playing with fire.

Well, I can't wait to get a kid my self. I'm planning to get some old consoles (Sega, NES and SNES), and raise him/her/it to be a gamer (if he/she/it wants to ^.^). I grew up, playing things like Doom 95 (omg, I downed the free version the other day, and just the MUSIC brings back so many memories!), Duke Nuke'em, Blood and Hexen (That's about all the shooters I remember from "back then").
imo: Games are innocent - In every matter. The problem is getting your society to stimulate some realism into your mind, so you don't get all caught up in fiction and beliefs (hehe - For those who understand the remark; sry ^.^).

>.< now I'm tired, and I can't make any sense out of this post, haha biggrin.gif Hope you can ^.^

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:33 AM

Besides which, what in GOD'S name would be wrong in knowing how to properly aim a gun? Say you're in a public place, and a shooting starts. Say you get the upper hand on one of the shooters and you disarm him. How f*cking sweet would it be if you went and said "GTA taught me how to keep those guys from killing any more innocents". Of course, I'm exaggerating a bit, but since when is it bad to at least have an idea on how to use a firearm? Not to mention, it's not that hard anyway. Up to a certain distance:

1) Point gun at target
2) Pull trigger
3) ????
4) Profit! ...or jail time.

Haito_Kanakura
  • Haito_Kanakura

Danger Radiation Damage!!!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:18 PM Edited by Haito_Kanakura, 08 January 2009 - 04:30 PM.

Really, the people you should be asking are your parents. We don't know you, they do... or maybe not he he he (ahhh the advantages of being nice to my parents). Explain things to them tough, don't argue. Now thats responsible and would probably raise your chances of approval colgate.gif .

Any way what i do to my girlfriends niece (3yr old) is like this, when i hear her badmouth, i tell her that people wont like her anymore if she keeps talking like that, does the trick, don't know how or why. Kids pick up a lot of sh*t when were not around, might as well tell them the consequences.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Bah! I was only 7 years old when I played GTA 1. I am 19 now, and I don't even have a criminal record, never been to jail or anything like that. It's all about mental stability man. If you are strong minded enough to not mimic the acts of a game that you know has a reputation for being a violent game, then I say get GTA 4 and enjoy it.

Haito_Kanakura
  • Haito_Kanakura

Danger Radiation Damage!!!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Jan 8 2009, 16:21)
Bah! I was only 7 years old when I played GTA 1. I am 19 now, and I don't even have a criminal record, never been to jail or anything like that. It's all about mental stability man. If you are strong minded enough to not mimic the acts of a game that you know has a reputation for being a violent game, then I say get GTA 4 and enjoy it.

This guys right, its not really about maturity, its about mental stability. Maybe games should have warning signs like cigarettes "CONTENTS OF THIS GAME WILL GET YOU KILLED, JAILED, KILLED, HUNTED BY THE LAW, KILLED. BE TREATED LIKE A FREAKING PSYCHO, if tried in the real world"

RLewisH
  • RLewisH

Village Hockey Expert

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

To be completely honest, I think there are more mature 15 year olds than there are adults...

People can criticize me all they want about how I haven't seen anything yet, which may be true, but even though I'm only 14, from what I've seen online, I'm more mature than many people. Will I change as I get older? I can't answer that; but when 20 year old adults talk about picking up drunk women and getting them in bed, or how rape isn't a big deal and the victims should just get over it, while I, a 14 soon-to-be 15 year old teenager is driving around talking about a cute girl at school, it sums most of it up.

I don't think it's age, I think it's how a person was taught. I'm not saying a 10 year old should play the game because he was taught it was fake; obviously someone that age can't process things as well, but once their in their teens, I think it's up to how the individual was taught.

I suck at voicing my opinion and usually make no sense, so I apologize if I did that here.

punknoodle
  • punknoodle

A friend in need is a PEST!!!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

Nice first post RLewisH! Tho some here dont seem to appreciate old topics being bumped up.
I never would have seen it (wherever it was)
as I'm fixin to PASS the half century mark in a month! You seem to have a good outlook on life!

Welcome to the Forum!!!

RLewisH
  • RLewisH

Village Hockey Expert

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:06 AM

Thanks biggrin.gif

I was doing a search and found this, just had to post biggrin.gif

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (pinky @ Jan 5 2009, 17:06)
At the end of the day the EMO f*ckers are gonna go nuts and shoot classmates anyway. All GTA has to do with it is that they try and use that as the get out of jail card, or to give the parents something to blame other than their own failures as parents selves.

In short, spineless buck passing bastards blame GTA for everything.

Exactly what I was gonna say. And yes, you should play grand theft auto iv because it is an amazing game and gta is the best series of games ever. I have all the GTA games from gtaIII to eflc and I am only 14

BadassPhenom
  • BadassPhenom

Hitman

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:39 AM

This reminds me of when i was watching the news 1 day and this topic came about G.T.A. It was about this small boy got into his parents car , started it , and was driving it around. lol made a couple crashes here and there but his alive tounge.gif icon14.gif

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

hehe i was all ready to respond to the OP until I saw the date this was posted.

I'll just say that I let my nephew play by the time he was 6 years old. And it didn't warp his brain or make him crazy. In fact he's a straight A student now at 13 years old he is very smart for his age taking a strong interest in science. The kid's gonna be president of the galaxy I tell ya.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Although this is a old thread I'll give my thoughts anyway.

It pisses me off when you have people like Jack Thompson who think video game violence is the anti-christ.

Honestly who here knows someone, or has known of someone that has been ilnfluenced by GTA, and commited a serious crime, because of it?

There would probably be more chance of running into a crazed methhead who wants to tear of your head than an under 18 year old who's played a bit too much GTA, and wants to be like Claude, or something.

joshuazh
  • joshuazh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

I'm 14, havent had any homicidal urges yet.
So many people who play GTA IV are around the 14 yr age group.
Besides, GTA IV isn't really that realistic, but its extremely funny.
As in jump-out-of-your-car-and-hit-the-wall-60-miles-an-hour-and-live funny.
Also, this game's graphics are awesome. And it doesnt hurt that i love sandbox-style games.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:11 PM

if gta was to blame for violence then wouldnt millions of people be running about killing each other since gta 3 was thehighest selling ps2 game and other gta games have sold far more than most games

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

I'm 11 so I play it Yeah.You can buy it

Flygonair
  • Flygonair

arab money

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

I'm thirteen... i was twelve when i commited my first murder because of this game... i became a mass murderer...
Nah, i didn't. It's not like GTA is gonna turn you into a mass murderer, i mean GTA is fun because you can hurt people without him being... well... hurt...? ^^

TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

Another One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

I was 10 when I started on GTA VCS and look at me now. 3 years later and I am one of the most mature person on GTA IV multiplayer on Xbox Live.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

GTA IV is rated 21 here but who cares.

Nativedeem
  • Nativedeem

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Jul 15 2010, 12:56)
I'm 11 so I play it Yeah.You can buy it

you live in russia and you know english when your 11?
OT- as long as these kids dont play online with their goddam headsets i dont care. why do their parents even let them use the headsets anyways?

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

I let my sons of 12 years old and 16 years old play GTA, and they're excelent kids, they aren't violent and they take good grades at school!! orly.gif

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (xSilentDeath @ Jan 5 2009, 11:46)
I'm 13 and I play it so yeah
icon14.gif
All my games in the PS3 are 18+

oh you are just soooo cool

monster875.
  • monster875.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

cidamelo and M4RK: why do u two guys comment a topic which was created in January 2009

Grizzly20
  • Grizzly20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

I'm 14, the first time I played a GTA game was in kindergarten. It was GTA III for the PS2, I loved it, I was AMAZED by the story and gameplay. I don't want to sound conceited or self centered, but I've had a high level of maturity since young ages, I thank my parents for this as they sent me to pre school for two years when I was three. I just hate how the media portrays violent video games, it's one of the reasons a lot of parents don't allow their children to play. If only they could realize it's just a game. *sigh*

Duty281
  • Duty281

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

I was 7 when I played GTA 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users