Gray Gang Territory ? WTF?

14 replies to this topic
Chewie
  • Chewie

Gangsta

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

So I am just driving around to a transfender, and i came across this.
I didn't mod it.
I don't no how to mod.
Does anyone know what the hell this is?user posted image

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

That to me looks as though it was a territory you took over, then the Ballas tried to gain it back and you left the attack unchecked, meaning you lost influence. When this happens, the territory goes a dull shade of green and it is kind of neutral territory.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:38 AM

Basically, it's a disputed territory. This means that both Ballas and GSF will spawn within its boundaries, and of course they will have spontaneous fights among each other. It takes a few lost gang wars to completely lose a territory and Grove Street is completely forced out. Retake it like you would any solid Balla/Vago territory, and it will be green after winning a gang war.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jan 4 2009, 13:38)
Basically, it's a disputed territory. This means that both Ballas and GSF will spawn within its boundaries, and of course they will have spontaneous fights among each other. It takes a few lost gang wars to completely lose a territory and Grove Street is completely forced out. Retake it like you would any solid Balla/Vago territory, and it will be green after winning a gang war.

Yeah, but the territory will never be extremely green afterwards.
It'll go a noticeable, light shade of green and once this happens, the Ballas will stop spawning
in it so you cant take the territory again and it will stay light green.
It is s shame you cannot reinforce a territory to get them all quite a dark shade of green.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

I've had this happen a few times.

CJ was wasted in one of the Waves.

Had to go back and restart a zone war there.

Even though CJ won it back and had 100% territory takeover angry.gif There were continued attempts to take a zone back.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Jan 4 2009, 07:47)
There were continued attempts to take a zone back.

There are always going to be as long as Ballas or Vagos have a territory nearby.

It's been awhile since I've messed with the gang wars....doesn't a light green territory get more solid green the more you defend it over time? Seemed like that was the case.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:35 AM

I've found that if any territory isn't taken on the First Attempt there will be attempts by b or v to take back zones unrelated to the location.

I have had 100% captures. And They will still attempt to take back zones that are TOTALY surround by solid green. So to me the 'nearby' business is just twaddle.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Jan 4 2009, 21:35)
I have had 100% captures. And They will still attempt to take back zones that are TOTALY surround by solid green. So to me the 'nearby' business is just twaddle.

Usually in my experience the ones that catch the most attacks will be bordering a rival territory. After you do 100% takeover it might be more random. Not sure, since that's one of the very few things I haven't really bothered to do in SA. Never saw the point in it. I kinda think the gang wars are fun colgate.gif

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jan 3 2009, 19:38)
Basically, it's a disputed territory. This means that both Ballas and GSF will spawn within its boundaries, and of
course they will have spontaneous fights among each other. It takes a few lost gang wars to completely lose a
territory and Grove Street is completely forced out. Retake it like you would any solid Balla/Vago territory, and
it will be green after winning a gang war.

But you can not completely lose a territory? I have tried to let them completely take a territory from me, and the
territory loses green color and eventually becomes totally grey. And there will still be Grove members spawning in it.

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Jan 4 2009, 01:10)
Yeah, but the territory will never be extremely green afterwards.
It'll go a noticeable, light shade of green and once this happens, the Ballas will stop spawning
in it so you cant take the territory again and it will stay light green.
It is s shame you cannot reinforce a territory to get them all quite a dark shade of green.

I have lost influence many times, and when I take it back it will become fully green again. All my territories have the
same shade of green.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Jan 5 2009, 02:02)
QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jan 3 2009, 19:38)
Basically, it's a disputed territory. This means that both Ballas and GSF will spawn within its boundaries, and of
course they will have spontaneous fights among each other. It takes a few lost gang wars to completely lose a
territory and Grove Street is completely forced out. Retake it like you would any solid Balla/Vago territory, and
it will be green after winning a gang war.

But you can not completely lose a territory? I have tried to let them completely take a territory from me, and the
territory loses green color and eventually becomes totally grey. And there will still be Grove members spawning in it.

Did you choose not to defend it not once, but several times when it was being attacked? Meaning that you saw it come up as being attacked once, didn't go over there (or did and got killed), then later it got attacked again and you chose to do the same thing?

I've never really let that happen, so it might be something for me to experiment with. I do have a 100% completion save where I only control about 40% of gang territories.

On another note, sometimes gang members can spawn outside the fringes of their territories, especially if you were coming from one into another. Going across the bridge that passes over the freeway between Ganton and East Los Santos, I've sometimes seen a stray Balla or two appear on the Ganton side. If you stay in the Grove territory though, you won't see any more. I've seen the same thing with Groves appearing on the other side occasionally. Sure this didn't happen at all in the territory you were trying to lose?

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jan 5 2009, 14:03)

Did you choose not to defend it not once, but several times when it was being attacked?
Meaning that you saw it come up as being attacked once, didn't go over there (or did
and got killed), then later it got attacked again and you chose to do the same thing?

Yes, I let them conquer the same territory over and over again. Many times. When it
became grey with no shade of green, nothing more happened. It would not get
purple/yellow color. It stayed grey. I don't remember how many times I let them "win"
the gang war, but it was many times for each turf. I have done this with both the purple
and the yellow gang.

On another note, sometimes gang members can spawn outside the fringes of their territories,
especially if you were coming from one into another.

Yes that happens all the time, so you have to keep that in mind.

In the grey turfs, about half of the gang traffic (cars/peds) are GSF, the other half would
be the other gang.
Gang members are also a bit less aggressive to the rival gang. They will fight, but they
often don't care about rivals nearby. If a GSF member inside a GSF turf spots a rival
gangmember, he will be more aggressive and attack at once.

I know that more than one version exists. Maybe this is different on version 1 and 2, and PS2 vs PC.

Mixolydian
  • Mixolydian

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Jan 5 2009, 01:02)

I've tried really hard to lose territories on PC version 1, and it doesn't seem possible. If I leave attacks unchecked, a territory will go from dark green to light green to the green/purple mixture to pale grey. Once the territory is at its most pale, another unchecked attack makes the territory turn dark green again. I've watched it happen time after time after time, and for some reason, I just can't manage to lose any territories.

Maybe it's possible to lose them in another version of the game.

lazy34
  • lazy34

Lazy Chaos

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

There's also another way to turn a territory gray.
During a territory defense go to the area to make the attackers spawn. Lure them to a rival territory and kill most (preferably all) of them there. It'll say the territory remains yours, but they will have lost influence in the territory where you killed them.

If you lead them to a non-gang area and kill them there (for example, non-gang areas south of Temple Drive) the area will become GSF territory.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (lazy34 @ Feb 18 2009, 22:24)
If you lead them to a non-gang area and kill them there (for example, non-gang areas south of Temple Drive) the area will become GSF territory.

Oh, thanks for telling everyone my trick sarcasm.gif
Could've explained it better at least.

lazy34
  • lazy34

Lazy Chaos

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Feb 18 2009, 10:20)
Could've explained it better at least.

You mean like how it's frustrating sometimes when they get stuck or try to circle around and eat up time and you end up losing influence? So you keep to the sidewalk and if they start trying to circle around you try the sidewalk on the other side of the street? And how sometimes despite your best efforts they still get stuck somewhere? Then you have to wait another half hour for them to attack again? And how you can take over Red County but GSF won't spawn there? (but how people will start to drive savannas there?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users