Selling Laptop On Ebay

3 replies to this topic
TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

Hi guys.

Ive been thinking of getting a new laptop in ages. The only problem is that i dont yet have enough money for one, so i was thinking of selling my current laptop on ebay for some quick cash. I was wondering if someone could help me out to determin a reasonable price for it, here are the specs:

System Manufacturer & Model: Acer Aspire 5680
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
HD: 160GB
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
Display Memory: 1016 MB
Dedicated Memory: 248 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Speakers: (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Other Details:

1.3 MegaPixel Integrated WebCam (1.3mpx for VGA and up to 4mpx for photos)
5-1 Card Reader
Bluetooth
Infrared
4 USB slots
Ultra Buffer DVD Drive

For extra money i might add in a few things like a 4GB memory stick.

The laptop cost me 1100 Swiss Francs (£ 701 // € 732 // $ 1018)

How much would the price including the memory stick be nowadays?

p.s. The laptop is in perfect conditions.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:28 AM Edited by Slamman, 06 January 2009 - 06:34 AM.

One of the things I have been trying to relate to Craigs'List shoppers is my set prices for the ones I am still offering are DIRECTLY based upon used eBay prices, both full units, and parts...obviously if one if assembling these, the parts are the critical area.

I am trying to impart the ease of buying a base unit and adding the LCD as a DIY! It depends on the model, but it's certainly easier then fixing a damaged LCD itself,

eBay to me has the best prices, so a prolonged search of each model, I would look for the key components that cost the most, and if smaller parts are well within reason, assemble one that way. In the future, I plan a Dell D830 assembled from parts, if a better option doesn't come first.

It's really not hard to use a few micro screw drivers and you'll learn to service things like the hidden CMOS batt cells in the process! (mem, PCI and CPU upgrades all require shell removal)

In direct to your query, I would be selling top end single cores at $300 USD, so with the dual core ...mind you, NOT 2 CPUs INTERNALLY!!! There are TWO CPU computers, but a dual core is NOT ONE!!!
Ok, with that out of the way, the spec people like me would look at is the clock speed being over or under 2Ghz for the two cores, this sets price as well as memory. Then the more features, the better. So I would say $400 on the low end, and on the high end, you'll be waiting a long time to sell, due to the new machines for the same price. Consumers want to spend $150 or less on used machines right now, I know, I am haggling with them! haha lol.gif

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Jan 6 2009, 07:28)
One of the things I have been trying to relate to Craigs'List shoppers is my set prices for the ones I am still offering are DIRECTLY based upon used eBay prices, both full units, and parts...obviously if one if assembling these, the parts are the critical area.

I am trying to impart the ease of buying a base unit and adding the LCD as a DIY! It depends on the model, but it's certainly easier then fixing a damaged LCD itself,

eBay to me has the best prices, so a prolonged search of each model, I would look for the key components that cost the most, and if smaller parts are well within reason, assemble one that way. In the future, I plan a Dell D830 assembled from parts, if a better option doesn't come first.

It's really not hard to use a few micro screw drivers and you'll learn to service things like the hidden CMOS batt cells in the process! (mem, PCI and CPU upgrades all require shell removal)

In direct to your query, I would be selling top end single cores at $300 USD, so with the dual core ...mind you, NOT 2 CPUs INTERNALLY!!! There are TWO CPU computers, but a dual core is NOT ONE!!!
Ok, with that out of the way, the spec people like me would look at is the clock speed being over or under 2Ghz for the two cores, this sets price as well as memory. Then the more features, the better. So I would say $400 on the low end, and on the high end, you'll be waiting a long time to sell, due to the new machines for the same price. Consumers want to spend $150 or less on used machines right now, I know, I am haggling with them! haha lol.gif

Ok i get ya. Thanks for the info mate icon14.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

Every time I relist mine on Craig's List I get new inqueries, nothing like the first time I used the service though, which might be the economy, who knows?

Anyway, I had a guy looking to buy my lot of C series Latitude Dells, but I mentioned my D800 and A25 top end laptops as well. Basically after my initial D800 was stolen I had planned to build up another which I am trying to finish up since Christmas. The guy inquired if I'd sell those with the lot, which leaves me wondering what exactly to sell. In my listings, the low end models are about $100USD, where as a D800 and A25 list from $200 to $300, so it's questionable on selling them for now and getting something down the road. It's a tough decision, but the guy has left me waiting currently.

Had another offer to buy three of my Dell desktops that I set up, waiting for the guy to arrange and make the deal... I hate that part! Sounds good though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users