[IV:PC] Heli-Races/Battles

21 replies to this topic
Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:27 AM

Hi there everyone smile.gif

I love flying the helicopters in gta4, preferably the Annihilator. But sadly I have never seen a Helicopter Race going on except when I open one myself. So if you like to race or battle with helis, just add me and we can invite each other to some matches colgate.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:32 AM

Just added you. Like to fly and fight in the air too. smile.gif

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Great! I really need practicing aim with the helicopter, it's very difficult. I use an xbox 360 gamepad, which is a lot better than the keyboard imho. I'm thinking if a Joystick would even be a lot better than the gamepad biggrin.gif
What camera do you use? For Races I use the close 3rd person cam, and for shooting I recently started using the 1st person camera.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Spideymorph @ Jan 3 2009, 13:45)
and for shooting I recently started using the 1st person camera.

Yes, 1st person is pretty much the best way to shoot with the Annihilator. You just gotta know where the middle of the screen is and have great control over the heli, and you'll be a pro in no time, shooting bullets from the sky onto puny little people devil.gif

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

So, are you interested too? Is your live nick Jordy as well?

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

I'm also interested on flying helicopters. smile.gif

Since 2006 I've been a Flight Simulator X addicted player, and I have many hours flying. Of course in GTA IV the heli controls are way more simple and the helicopter is too easy to control hehe. But it's fun to fly with them nonetheless.

Count me in. I just need to remember my Games for Windows LIVE tag... lol.gif

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

Well then just add me, nick is Spideymorph of course tounge.gif
I've already met an RL pilot ingame, at least I think he wasn't lying when he told me that he flies planes and is going to learn to fly a helicopter. Ingame I was better than him though biggrin.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:47 PM Edited by GTArv, 03 January 2009 - 04:50 PM.

Finally, some IV:PC action. Hopefully I'll be able to get my PC fixed and join in.

If you're looking for some help in organizing a game, please take a look at this topic. However, there are no specific rules; you can organize your event however you want to.

By the way, if you'd like to display your gamertag to everyone, there's a field in your profile for it.

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for the info. I could imagine to arrange a small helicopter tournament some day. I just wish there were more interesting races where you need to fly under more bridges or other difficult obstacles ...
I have googled for that a little but didn't find anything, do you know any new modded races for helis?

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Spideymorph @ Jan 3 2009, 14:35)
So, are you interested too? Is your live nick Jordy as well?

I'm actually on PS3, sorry blush.gif just telling you about 1st person flying as all...

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Oh never mind .... didn't they want to connect at least xbox and PC players some day?

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

*bump*

Come on, don't be shy! You don't need to be good, just willing to join a heli-race smile.gif
I know that 95% of the gta race drivers is optimized for supercars, but there have to be more flying fans than that....

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

Edited the topic title in an attempt to make it look more obvious.

Spideymorph, please be a bit patient. The events forum is quite new, it'll take a while for your events to get noticed. smile.gif

You could always add more info in your first post - such as rules and timings, so that people will know what to expect. You could also add your event to the multiplayer calendar, on a tentative date. I'm not sure if many read the calendar, but its better than having to read through all the event topics in this forum.

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:01 AM Edited by Spideymorph, 09 January 2009 - 12:38 PM.

Thanks for supporting me GTArv smile.gif

Did you move the thread to the events forum? Actually I just wanted to find some ppl that are interested in heli-flying first, then maybe someday make an event. Hmm, who of you would participate if we made a small heli-tournament this weekend? We could race 4 or 5 tracks and distribute points like that:

1st: 10pts
2nd: 6pts
3rd: 4pts
4th: 2pts
5th: 1pt

Tonight, Saturday or Sunday?

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

adamcs moved the topic.

Your event needn't be competitive; you can even organize meet-ups for just fooling around or trying out different gamemodes. Once again, I'd like to stress that there is no specific format to follow. Good luck, have fun.

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

So what about your PC? Already fixed? biggrin.gif

Tonksi
  • Tonksi

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

pilot challenge for you pc guys! if any of you can do it in under 2 mins you are very fast learners.... either that u played it on xbox first

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:29 AM Edited by Spideymorph, 10 January 2009 - 10:32 AM.

Nice, very skillful. How long did you practice for that?
Until now I haven't bothered flying without a tail, but I'll give it a try. What's the quickest way to lose the tail?
I have a xbox 360 gamepad which eases flying a little, but I don't think I'm a fast learner sigh.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Spideymorph @ Jan 9 2009, 12:36)
So what about your PC? Already fixed? biggrin.gif

I'm afraid not - I'm getting that RESC10 error. tounge.gif I'll need to upgrade I think.
I'll join in if my game's fixed before the event takes off. icon14.gif

Tonksi
  • Tonksi

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (Spideymorph @ Jan 10 2009, 10:29)
Nice, very skillful. How long did you practice for that?
Until now I haven't bothered flying without a tail, but I'll give it a try. What's the quickest way to lose the tail?
I have a xbox 360 gamepad which eases flying a little, but I don't think I'm a fast learner sigh.gif

well easy ways...

get a partner
snap it off at its spawn then get in... (works most of the time if it has only just spawned)
make the helicopter bleep from tail damage (by holding it near a wall) then tap it off something without brakin the rotar

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

Sounds fun, but I get slaughtered everytime I walk near a fricken heli. I just get shot to hell and have to find my way back.

Spideymorph
  • Spideymorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:58 PM Edited by Spideymorph, 13 January 2009 - 12:14 AM.

@TruXter, we can practice fighting in a gta race, this way you always respawn in an annihilator smile.gif

I will try to add you if you're live nick is truxter too, otherwise just add me, same nick :>

edit: @ tonksi: Okay someone accidentally shot off my tail in free mode so I took the chance and practiced a little. I was actually able to gain speed and change direction, I will see if I can practice it to perhaps make your challenge someday smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users