Photo

DSi, Custom tracks, CTW pushed back?

6 replies to this topic
Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

I know that Rockstar normally pushes GTAs back when they are first announced, But Nintendo & Rockstar seem to be very buddy buddy....a little too buddy buddy. Most know that the new DSi will have the ability to play music display pics like the PSPs, Rockstar has stated that the default radio stations will be rather limited. I think Rockstar & Nintendo are trying to release CTW & the DSi in the same time frame, to allow gamers the custom track feature. They have not told us everything, just some stuff, they have been very hush hush about the soundtrack. Also it is under many peoples opinion that the release of CTW will lead to sales of the DS system. If you didn't have a DS and you did purchase the game would you buy the DS Lite or the DSi? What is the gamers opinion on this? Is it right? Is it fair?

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

I seriously doubt this is a fact. Both R* and Nintendo would receive a lot of criticism for this and actually the DSi has already been released in Japan while CTW is not due for another 3 months or so. I think R* already made it clear the soundtrack will feature a majority of instrumental music rather than vocal as in the previous titles.

P.S: Happy New Year! smile.gif

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:31 AM

I understand about Japan...but when is DSi scheduled to be in the US? Nintendo knows that it could not do a GTA bundle package, I don't think any system could. I am a little suspect of the timing of the release date for CTW & the questionable release of the DSi,

btw I have 2.5 Hrs left in 2008 its 9:30pm here.

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

Sorry, didn't notice the US flag... tounge.gif

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

I thought they weren't releasing the DSi in the US due to the continued high sales of the Lite.

Europe is getting very soon though. About the same time CTW comes out.

fatlittlenick
  • fatlittlenick

Niko-las

• Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:05 AM Edited by fatlittlenick, 13 January 2009 - 11:18 AM.

I know this is sort of off topic, but if Nintendo decide to release a DS&CTWs box bundle, i would love
to have the DS and/or DSi to have a matte black finish with the chinatown wars logo on the lid
with a red D-pad and buttons with golden writing printed on them. It would match the font's red and yellow
design.

Here's what i mean, i whipped this up just recently:

user posted image

Fleckz
  • Fleckz

~ Psych Ward ~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

Perfect topic for me.

I will be buying a DSi purely for Chinatown Wars, and I can't wait.

Also, I think it's fair. Company's can release their product when they wish, and if two company's can put their heads together and say "Yeah, if we release at the same time, we'll get more sales", it's up to them. I'm already sold though, and as said, will be buying a DSi along with CTW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users