My advice to dissapointed fans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic
zmajser
  • zmajser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

I solemnly claim that there was no person more excited then me about GTA IV release on PC...

I went to those extents, to getting the original boxed game from a friend in UK 2-3 weeks before it was released, do not ask how.
I was so excited... especially due to the fact that the main character is from the same country like me...

When i got it, well, you all now what happened then. To those who got the game working, i envy you, great, you guys must be happy... and i am happy for you...

but for us, miserable fans left without a xmas present i have no words to help...

All i can say is that i have tried and tried, read and re-read every single possible help solution on this forum, and it was all in vain.. nothing worked, and the game still runs and stutters like crap...

So for 10 days now, i havent even tried to play it... i completely forgot about it, and yestreday i tried some new tweaks again, and nothing...

HONESTLY, i stopped carrying! i perfectly dont care anymore, i forgot about GTA IV, even when i managed to run it for 10 mins, i was so indifferent that all i can say to you guys is:

FOR NOW, until the patch comes out that trully fixes everything, FORGET about the game... leave it to hang on your HDD, and thats it... pure and simple... DONT THINK ABOUT IT, and you'll see, you will feel GREAT! i've never felt better, back to Hearts of Iron 2 and Medieval 2 Total war...

its really becoming pointless to spend words, time and energy trying to fix it... until R* fix it, we are left alone...

Cheers guys, and happy new year!

Ron Taboga
  • Ron Taboga

Silent Sniper

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:14 PM Edited by Ron Taboga, 31 December 2008 - 07:16 PM.

Yes thatīs really true. Especially if you have got a System like mine which is not really very fast, but can run every other Game out there smooth with full details and then you play GTA IV on it and must experience a crap Framerate in some Moments cause Rockstar didnīt optimized anything for dual cores and ATI cards confused.gif

The most funny thing is when i force the Game to play with High Textures with the commandline.txt the performance is exactly the same ( it seems to be even better than on Medium) thatīs really weird wow.gif

Happy New Year!!!

Laths
  • Laths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

I quited playing gta4 a week ago. All the stattering drove me crazy.

And before the first patch came out, I knew that Rockstar is not going to fix anything and there won't be any 2nd patch from Rockstar. It's the fact. Look at the previous GTA games. Still lots of them suffering from various problems but no fix at all. They released 1 patch than nothing. We could feel those problem because the engine was old. PC could handle those easly. But now with the poor optimisation we suffer from it.

Do not expect a fix from rockstar.

Astyanax
  • Astyanax

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:28 PM Edited by Astyanax, 31 December 2008 - 08:02 PM.

No mods or tweaks here, guess I'm just lucky I never had any issues, even before the upgrade to my PC. Maybe it has to do with the fact I meet recommended requirements?

sallino
  • sallino

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (zmajser @ Dec 31 2008, 19:04)
I solemnly claim that there was no person more excited then me about GTA IV release on PC...

I went to those extents, to getting the original boxed game from a friend in UK 2-3 weeks before it was released, do not ask how.
I was so excited... especially due to the fact that the main character is from the same country like me...

When i got it, well, you all now what happened then. To those who got the game working, i envy you, great, you guys must be happy... and i am happy for you...

but for us, miserable fans left without a xmas present i have no words to help...

All i can say is that i have tried and tried, read and re-read every single possible help solution on this forum, and it was all in vain.. nothing worked, and the game still runs and stutters like crap...

So for 10 days now, i havent even tried to play it... i completely forgot about it, and yestreday i tried some new tweaks again, and nothing...

HONESTLY, i stopped carrying! i perfectly dont care anymore, i forgot about GTA IV, even when i managed to run it for 10 mins, i was so indifferent that all i can say to you guys is:

FOR NOW, until the patch comes out that trully fixes everything, FORGET about the game... leave it to hang on your HDD, and thats it... pure and simple... DONT THINK ABOUT IT, and you'll see, you will feel GREAT! i've never felt better, back to Hearts of Iron 2 and Medieval 2 Total war...

its really becoming pointless to spend words, time and energy trying to fix it... until R* fix it, we are left alone...

Cheers guys, and happy new year!

Me too...

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

Agreed! We had to wait until December for this game, I thought they fixing problems so customer will had more fun than tinkering but they just adding more crap such as windows xlive. What a waste! I should not buy this junk, the price is incredibly high in my country. I will not buy any of the company products until they make proper fix, and I certainly replace this game with another game like err... SAINT ROW!!!!!

kbps
  • kbps

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (zmajser @ Dec 31 2008, 19:04)
pure and simple... DONT THINK ABOUT IT, and you'll see, you will feel GREAT!

YEAH! YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!!!!!

pure and simple... DONT THINK ABOUT IT, and you'll see, you will feel GREAT!

and...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! biggrin.gif

FROHES NEUES JAHR!!! biggrin.gif

С НОВЫМ ГОДОМ!!! biggrin.gif

skt_Thomas
  • skt_Thomas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

well said mr. Zmajser a happy new year to you too.

And of course to all of you other people out there:)

AA93
  • AA93

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (Astyanax @ Dec 31 2008, 19:28)
No mods or tweaks here, guess I'm just lucky I never had any issues, even before the upgrade to my PC. Maybe it has to do with the fact I meet recommended requirements?

What exactly are you trying to say? That every person that bought the game has a computer that can't meet the requirements? I don't know about everyone in the world, but I am pretty sure they would look before they buy a game like this for $56 CAD. Another thing is that the minimum requirements say that you need a Nvidia 7900 video card. However there are people with a 7600 GT that are running the game fine.

I don't know whats wrong with you just cause the game works for you. Try to be nice there are tons of people who can't even play it. angry.gif

AA93

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (AA93 @ Jan 1 2009, 06:34)

What exactly are you trying to say? That every person that bought the game has a computer that can't meet the requirements? I don't know about everyone in the world, but I am pretty sure they would look before they buy a game like this for $56 CAD. Another thing is that the minimum requirements say that you need a Nvidia 7900 video card. However there are people with a 7600 GT that are running the game fine.

I don't know whats wrong with you just cause the game works for you. Try to be nice there are tons of people who can't even play it. angry.gif

AA93

Yeah you got point dude. Anyway it's my fault, I should test this game by using p2p download devil.gif before buy the legit one. Don't take me wrong, downloading piracy before buying is useful method to manage financial. alien.gif

Vasilyrud
  • Vasilyrud

Retired Comrade

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

С НОВЫМ ГОДОМ ! ! !

З НОВИМ РОКОМ ! ! !

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ! !

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Vasilyrud @ Jan 1 2009, 07:21)
С НОВЫМ ГОДОМ ! ! !

З НОВИМ РОКОМ ! ! !

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ! !

You guys are late, we asian already had a new year earlier. hehe tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

Vasilyrud
  • Vasilyrud

Retired Comrade

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (copperwire93 @ Jan 1 2009, 07:28)
QUOTE (Vasilyrud @ Jan 1 2009, 07:21)
С НОВЫМ ГОДОМ ! ! !

З НОВИМ РОКОМ ! ! !

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ! !

You guys are late, we asian already had a new year earlier. hehe tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

My Internet connection was down at the time when I was celebrating so I couldn't post anything.......that's why I'm late.

Astyanax
  • Astyanax

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:16 AM Edited by Astyanax, 01 January 2009 - 09:35 AM.

QUOTE (AA93 @ Jan 1 2009, 01:34)

AA93

What i'm trying to say is that 95% of the people who complain don't even meet the recommended requirements in one way or another. You don't expect to run a game at anything higher than bare minimum if you only meet the minimal requirements do you? I wouldn't expect someone with a standard core 2 duo/2gb of memory/8600GT to have a good time running it any higher than the lowest settings. I think this is partially Rockstars fault for not spreading the word around enough ahead of time, if you did a google search for "GTA4 PC System Requirements" you'd end up seeing the Minimal Requirements 99.5% of the time with the Recommended Requirements listed only on Rockstars apparent site for NO ONE to even notice. I've been using a Quad-Core for half a year and not even I knew GTA4 was going to recommend and utilize it, and I've been waiting for a Quad-Core optimized game for awhile now and definitely would have been watching for this release like a hawk (not that I already wasn't).

I don't know whats wrong with YOU, all I said was the game works fine for me. I guess thats a bad thing for it to work great on someone else's computer and not yours? And for the record I've tried to be nice, but you can blame a select group of f*ckbags for my sarcastic tone. You know those idiots with the stupid image in their signatures, I'm sure you know the ones I'm talking about.

radeonhd
  • radeonhd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

That's not true, my computer is higher than recomended requeriments and it runs like crap.
I hope R* toronto makes a real patch soon because I'm bored about stuttering and textures disspaearing (I have superfecth enable, 4 gb ram, catalyst 8.12 etc)

FRAGEYE
  • FRAGEYE

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:31 AM

Something to add is rockstar should've put the right net framework etc on the disc so you don't have to mess about installing and finding fixes. Out of the box GTA 4 isn't ready to play also they should have offline play. It is a bad choice that they haven't, less pc sales for them.

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Ron Taboga @ Dec 31 2008, 19:14)
Yes thatīs really true. Especially if you have got a System like mine which is not really very fast, but can run every other Game out there smooth with full details and then you play GTA IV on it and must experience a crap Framerate in some Moments cause Rockstar didnīt optimized anything for dual cores and ATI cards confused.gif

The most funny thing is when i force the Game to play with High Textures with the commandline.txt the performance is exactly the same ( it seems to be even better than on Medium) thatīs really weird wow.gif

Happy New Year!!!

What is this commandline.txt ??? Is it a text file you can edit ?? And where is it located ??

Twelvefield
  • Twelvefield

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

Well, for me, the game worked fine right out of the box, and was utterly destroyed and completely unplayable after the patch. Unistalling the game created intolerable DRM issues. System specs have nothing to do with the problems.

So I come back to this forum every week or so and see if anything has improved. If I post a message, I write GTA4-themed haiku as a stress-buster.

Snowflakes flutter down from clouds.
They number less than
days I await the next patch.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

This is the TROUBLE SHOOTING section of the forum. If you do not have a SPECIFIC problem you should not be posting in here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users