Photo

A guide to accessing restricted areas

53 replies to this topic
flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Cheers for notifying me mate. I haven't removed the images, as if I do, members who wish to replace them will not know exactly what to take a screenshot of. Instead I've added a note to the top of the first post.

Nice to know this topic has been of some use to you.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for pointing that out... I did know that the site you mentioned was no longer up (the folding @ home pic in my sig was originally hosted there) but did not know the pics in this thread were hosted there.

We will see about getting those rehosted and fix the links.

Thanks again,

Spuds

//edit//
(as usual, Spuds is 1 minute late) wink.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ May 23 2009, 13:57)
//edit//
(as usual, Spuds is 1 minute late) wink.gif

Fashionably late, I might add!

If nobody gets round to resurrecting the images, I'll do so myself come the next few days. The VC photo competition is soon to be underway, so I'll be taking shots of my game anyway, albeit with simply mediocre results! tounge2.gif

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

The method of using the PCJ 600 in the film studio is brassing me off, I've done it once, thats it. I keep crashing into the wall and my bike stays withing the grounds of the film studio but I go flying off outside, often into the water.

Just a quick question, I noticed that the Skumole shack (or what ever it is called) is only $1,000, can I buy this when I glitch over? It would only take me a few taxi missions to get $1,000.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

Yes you can buy it-- you can buy the hyman condo also. The downside of going over there is if you die or get busted, you get returned to the east island- I want to say that any R3 mission you start over there too will spawn "blips" back on the first island as well.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hmm, can you hold up various stores? such as the pharmacy downtown and the betting shop in Little Haiti.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ May 26 2009, 09:01)
Yes you can buy it-- you can buy the hyman condo also.  The downside of going over there is if you die or get busted, you get returned to the east island- I want to say that any R3 mission you start over there too will spawn "blips" back on the first island as well.

If i'm not mistaken, the only R3 mission you can do on the West Island before it opens legit, is the Taxi one. According to the Ultimate Start to VC guide-i think?, it says something about it is encouraged that you buy the Skumole Shack and Save as soon as possible, that way if you die/get busted/the game freezes, you can reload and already be on the west island and can pick up where you left off.

Also, Spuds way of getting to the West Island early is the easiest-in my opinion. All you have to do is get a PCJ-600 and go full speed(pressing the lean forward key for extra speed) and drive right thru the barrier on the bridge by the Ocean Beach Hospital. Good Job on that Spuds. smile.gif This method works on ALL PS2 versions, and the PC version, X-Box 360 version is unconfirmed though. Hope this helps.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

Just seen spuds' method, looks pretty easy to just drive straight through. Never thought of it that way before.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ May 26 2009, 16:11)
Hmm, can you hold up various stores? such as the pharmacy downtown and the betting shop in Little Haiti.

Yes, you can actually rob every single store on the West Island. If you have saved at Skumole Shack, pick up the SMG beneath the stairs and pick them off one-by-one. You get a potential amount of $1,000 per store robbed, so can earn a total of $7,000 if you can rob them all.

Completing taxi fares/paramedic/Vigilante/firefighter missions can be done, but as Spuds has so rightly stated, more often than not you're going to get one level which requires you to make your way back over to the West Island. When you put that into perspective, there's only one or two certified ways of doing that, and both would require you to leave you vehicles & ultimately failing the mission you were on.

I must admit that I find the "Drive through barrier" technique to be the easiest, but that's only because I've mastered exactly where to go. It looks simple enough, but I can assure you it won't be. You've not only got to gather enough speed, but you've also got to make a quick turn right before the barrier, to avoid clashing with a lamppost and to also hit the gap, not the wall. I can do it at first attempt now, but when I first started out, I lost many health points all because I'd misjudged it by a millimetre or so.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

I tried and failed at the barrier glitch, but =I dont care, I used the one were you ramp up the Packer in the print works.

I have saved at skumole after completing a few taxi missions on the west island. Now I need some sort of guide to find the hidden packages, its been a long time since I've done anything other than storyline missions.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ May 27 2009, 13:54)
I tried and failed at the barrier glitch, but =I dont care, I used the one were you ramp up the Packer in the print works.

It definitely takes a fair bit of practise to correctly perform; you've got to pinpoint, almost exactly, the gap in the barrier. You'll find a trend of where to hit it after a spell of practising, and it will become child's play to you (which is what I assume it is to Spuds & radioman as well as myself). Oh and, don't you mean you used the Packer trick at the Film Studio rather than the Printworks..? tounge2.gif

I forgot to mention this, and it's a bit irrelevant now. But you could have simply knocked down parking meters outside of the VAJ building instead of completing the rather tedious taxi fares as a means of generating cash. The cash you receive from the meters ranges from $100-$1,000, so you could have easily attained the money, and travelled less distance had you done that. Also, you could have robbed one store to earn $1,000 in a hurry, but that's in the past now. Bear it in mind for future reference, though.

Here's a map that shows you all hidden package locations. It is very precise & accurate.

In regards to the method you were initially struggling with, which involved getting the PCJ-600 up & onto the ledge of the wall of the Film studio, then making your way around the wall and jumping the gap, and thus advancing past the barriers, I can certainly understand why you struggled. It is very difficult to do, and if you overcook it, you'll go flailing over the wall and onto land, or worse, into the blue. If you go to slow, you'll just find yourself stumped with one wheel on the ledge, and one wheel on the foot of the stairs, and you won't be able to advance any further (Once that happens you have to try again). This method can be very frustrating & time-consuming, and it does require a lot of practise to get right.

You have to back your bike up a bit, and then gather quite a bit of speed going into the stairs. As you near the stairs, you should slow down a tad, and then keep your finger softly on the accelerator as you advance up the stairs. Then you've got to get the momentum to get your front tire onto the ledge, and quickly put your foot down for a brief second to shift the rest of the bike onto the ledge. If you do it correctly, you should just be hanging on the ledge. This is the part where you've got to be very careful; try to adjust your bike so that it is as far away from the edges of the ledge as possible, and slowly make your way around to the jump point. When the ledge straightens out, you floor it, making sure you evade the pillar which will be sticking up at the end. The jump is easy to make, and you should now be on the bridge which leads to Downtown. (Not so) Simple!

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

Cheers, and yes, I meant the film studio blush.gif

I dont actually mind Taxi missions, they're rather fun, but I could have just knocked down the parking metres suicidal.gif

WHere could i find a detailed guide for all of the stunt jumps & hidden packages? as I want to try and get 100% again, and I have no idea where my initial guide has gone.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ May 28 2009, 14:13)
WHere could i find a detailed guide for all of the stunt jumps & hidden packages? as I want to try and get 100% again, and I have no idea where my initial guide has gone.

The first place you should look if you want to find useful guides & walkthroughs is this topic - Guides and Walkthroughs. In there you'll find multiple guides and wallthroughs that will explain how to do a lot of things on the game.

There is a Unique Stunt guide - here. And a hidden package guide - here.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

Cheers icon14.gif I aint done this since like 05/06, just been doing the storyline over and over ever since, its awesome starting a new game, trouble is, it gets quicker and easier each time.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

Yeah, I most definitely agree with that. It's only natural that the more you play the game, the better at it you will become. You soon get accustomed to things and the way they work. I've discovered many diverse methods during missions that make it somewhat easier for the gamer to complete, so much so that I even made a topic about it!

This topic was actually created with the design to make the game potentially easier & quicker for players as well. It will become easier because of all the collectibles and things to do on both Islands, for example -

-- collecting all 100 hidden packages will not only give you fantastic weapons & great vehicles, but it will also give you a lot of money
-- completing unique stunt jumps, rampages & robbing stores will give you bucket-loads of cash

Arguably, the game could be made quicker to complete if the player has access to everything from the very beginning (which is what you currently have). So it should be beneficial in a few ways.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:26 AM

hey i got a challenge for anyone interested. Get the FBI washington from Downtown to a garage on the East Island before the barriers are removed

ciganyirto
  • ciganyirto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

Guys guys guys, the SIMPLEST method of getting at the west part of Vice City is easier than you "mite" think!

All y'need to do is to walk to the Prawn Island bridge - there are numerous boats passing by. If they don't, anger up the police, a Predator will ALWAYS spawn just below the bridge where you can jump on it, kick the cop into the water, and whoaaaa -- off you go to the west isle!!! You can ditch the boat near the stadium, there'z some flat ground.

Once at the west isle, purchase Hyman Condo - it will give you helikopter, plus all the weaponz you get from collecting hidden packages will be there, and there'z a wanted star, too. If you save yer game there, you can alwayz reload if you get busted or killed.

Once again - it's DAMN easy.

SkyDan
  • SkyDan

Doin it in Vice since 08

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Well I got 1 trick.

The best way to grab a boat to reach the second island.

* Get a 3 star wanted level so that the cops follow you.

* Ensure that you have enough health and armor to survive the cop attacks.

* Get to one of the small bridges in vice point or somewhere that has the river water beneath it.

* Try to stand on the edge of the small bridge platform.

* wait till you see the cops coming towards you in a boat.

*wait till they near you. And target yourself so that you can jump into the boat without falling into the water.

* Kill the cops in the boat and grab your boat. Lose the wanted level and drive the boat to the docks(currently in accessible).

*Get off, grab a car and explore the second island.

This is a nice trick. If you want I can post some snaps.

This is one of best way to gain access to 2nd island without doing missions.

doodles531
  • doodles531

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL GUYS!!!!

winme05
  • winme05

Ignore username. It's ATOS Productions.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

I remember having a glitch - at the beginning of the game, (before the storm warning) I paid a visit to one of the bridges - I don't remember which one. Suddenly, all the barriers slipped down into ground, and I was able to pass through!

brownl
  • brownl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Cool sharing, I like it! Thanks very much.

xbox man 120
  • xbox man 120

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

why not just beat the missions and unlock the island ????????????

• Spuds725 likes this

eleven123
  • eleven123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:21 AM Edited by Spuds725, 22 November 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Advertising link removed

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

This is about thinking outside the box... Anyone can "beat missions"- you re free to do whatever YOU want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users