» «
Photo

A guide to accessing restricted areas

53 replies to this topic
flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:57 PM Edited by Spuds725, 27 December 2010 - 05:49 PM.

SIDENOTE: ALL PICTURES THAT HAVE BEEN HOSTED ON ISARAPIX ARE DOWN. NEW PICTURES ARE IN THE WORKS.

So, I've decided to create this topic, showcasing a collaboration of ways to get to the three restricted areas in-game; The West Island, Leaf Links and Starfish Island. I know there have been topics on this subject before, so I'm going to copy/paste, as well as credit the members who posted in their methods. Here is the current list of methods-

Ways to get to the West Island-

Method One (Worded by Demarest)-
Step One- Suit Up- Take the Admiral the lawyer gives you and head south to where the picture is (radar enhanced for easier location). If you take the stairs in the left of the pic, you'll get armor. When you come back down, grab the PCJ600 there and head north (shown here).

Step 2- Get yourself and the bike into the film studio- Head north and take the curve that takes you over to Prawn Island. At the foot of the bridge there, turn left. Take the stairs you see in the first pic (shown here). Take the right ramp over the alley as seen in the second pic (shown here). Once there, head to the right a little bit then do a U-turn and take yourself to the end of the "plank" there and turn around. You should be lined up like in pic 3 (shown here. If done correctly, this will not only get you into the Film Studio, but will also give you your first Unique Jump.

Step 3- Getting onto the Western Island- Once inside the studio, head to the back corner where the Packer is parked. Turn it around so that it faces just right of the water tower and the face of the truck is lined up with the white crate as in the first pic (shown here). Once you're lined up, exit the Packer and immediately begin walking away so Tommy leaves the door open. Now get back on your bike and head for the opposite corner as seen in the second pic (shown here). Gain as much speed as you can and hit the Packer straight on as seen in the third pic (shown here). ONCE YOU ARE AIRBORN, start aiming to your left so that when you land, you won't go straight into the rail and fly off into the water.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 3

Method Two (Worded by Heihachi_73)-
The way I go island hopping is by the Marina (shown here); get a car, push it into the water right next to the pier at the first gate (shown here), you have to knock out a tree). If the car floats high enough(shown here), you can jump up and grab the Reefer boat (probably the best one at the docks that early in the game). The Cheetah nearby will not float high enough, nor will the Banshees that tend to spawn in the car-park.

Starting a new game, I just did this second time around. I used the white Admiral from the start of the game, but it didn't make the distance so I had to find another car. In the car-park, I grabbed a Rancher (the closest vehicle around), knocked out the tree again (which re spawns when out of sight), lined it up and pushed it from behind while running. It landed on the roof of the other car still in there (usually a bad thing), however the SUV stayed on its side rather than its roof so I was able to make the jump. I lost 5 health after jumping on the car. Note: Don't jump too far or Tommy will roll straight off the car and into the water (shown here).

This method can also be used to get to Leaf Links and Starfish Island.

Here is an alternate but similar method of above-- video included... posted by killer24

1st, get an Ambulance.

2nd, go to the Marina and go to the entrance with the blue text.

3rd, put one tire on the pier and push the Ambulance into the water to make it like a platform.

4th, jump on the roof of the Ambulance and jump on the pier.

5th, get the Rio and go to the Boatyard and there, you're on the 2nd Island.

Here's the video if you don't know what I mean:

Hope you subscribe my video.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 2

Method Three (Worded by Kyrptos)-
Firstly, acquire a PCJ 600 and head to Prawn Island. Rapidly accelerate towards the stop sign at the foot of the bridge and hit it head on (shown here), the stop sign is a little bit before the solid construction area. It may take a few tries, but eventually Tommy will fly upwards along the solid surface and land on the top of the area (shown here). Now just run to the other side of the bridge (shown here). Now your home sweet home. This method isn't exactly the easiest, so be forewarned it may take numerous tries just to do it.

Verified- No
Difficulty rating- 5

Method Four (Worded by Spuds725)-
This clip shows how you can drive through the barrier on the south bridge, you have to take the turn wide left as you approach so you can line up with the gap-- you have to be driving fast and be upright as you reach the barrier.

I discovered this on accident in Jan 2003 when I was stuck on phenom penh 86 and started messing around with trying to figure out a way to get to the other island... I was hoping to fly over the invisible wall but went through instead... took me another half hour of crashing into the wall to repeat it and figure out where to aim my bike.

You can also drive through the barrier using a Sanchez or the Freeway.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 3

Method Five (Worded by flicko)
Right, what you have to do is exactly the same as method one, and jump onto the Film Studio. Once inside the Studio, instead of using the Packer as a ramp to jump over the wall an barriers, head to the South East corner of the studio. There you will find a set of stairs which lead back out of the studio. What you have to do is drive up at speed, but not too fast, and quickly turn your bike so that it lands on the top of the wall (shown here). It's very difficult to master, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes slightly easier.

Once you're on the wall, drive carefully along it, and head towards where the barriers are located. When you get close to one of the film studios is the time to stop you bike, and begin to accelerate forward (shown here). Watch out for the bit sticking out of the wall (this), and, providing you accelerate fast enough, you will easily avoid the barriers, and now be on the other side (shown here). Simple!

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 3

Method Six (Worded by Spuds725)-
You have to have a game save where you have opened the west island and/or starfish island and have a pink marker mission available to where ever you want to get to....

1. Load up the game and start the mission located where you want to get to....

2. Die whatever way is the fastest.... (drowning is usually a good option if no-one is shooting at you)

3. When you get the wasted/mission failed message-- pause the game... you must do this before you re-spawn at the hospital.

4. Either start a new game or load up a game where you haven't unlocked the area yet... now die.... jump in the water is once again a fast option....

5. After you die, you will re-spawn at the closest hospital-- there will be "mission failed" cab there with a pink arrow pointing at it--- get in and it will transport you to where you would have started the mission you failed prior to loading or starting your new game... note: you will lose any weapons you had (kind of obvious but worth mentioning)

Easy as pie.... once again, I did not find this but read about it somewhere on here a few years ago. That place is this topic right here, discovered in early 2003. Evidently, you do not have to die in the original version of the game, the provided topic will tell you exactly what to do, in a way that will cause a little less hassle.

Verified- Yes (By Spuds725)
Difficulty rating- 1

This method can also be used to get to Starfish Island.

Method Seven (Worded by Heihachi_73)-
I was racing around in a PCJ-600, lost control during a handbrake turn and crashed it into the fence (at the same spot in method 2) and Tommy ended up kissing the ground behind the fence. I got the Reefer boat this time as well, but thought the boatyard would be locked, so I went all around the west island trying to find a way up, which took me all the way to Downtown between the bike track and the stadium!

To make it easier, all you have to do is crash the bike into the fence behind where a Tree is located (shown here), smash into it to destroy it, of course) and send Tommy flying behind the fence. It's a bit harder than piling up cars in the water though and has a greater chance of ending up at the Washington Beach hospital rather than the pier. Successful landing.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 4

Method Eight (Worded by samus_88)-
Go to the entrance to Starfish Island and park a car (I actually used the car from the beginning, right after the movie clip ends) in this spot, shown here. Jump over the car and then jump straight ahead, and you will land "mid-air", shown here and here. Go to the last mansion on the Island on the right side, actually the 2nd one, because the other has no entrance, and jump over the green bushes, shown here and here. Now, go south till you find this location, and border it carefully not to fall in to the water, until you get atop of it (shown here and here andhere.

Finally jump through that spot and voilá, you're on the Other Side (shown here and here).

Method Nine (Worded by glenster)-
Have Tommy jump from the ledge on the N side of the North Bridge (leading to Prawn Island) onto one of the bigger, slower boats (the Rio is easy to do this with). I had the best luck triggering the appearance of boats by having Tommy go to the W pillar that rises from the ledge and then go back E. If you see two or more boats , the ones that follow the 1st one go slower.

If you try this one, save the game at 3321 Vice Point, the place N of North Point Mall, so you can be close by if you need to load your previously saved game and try again.

This method can also be used to get to Starfish Island and Leaf Links.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 4

Method Ten (Worded by glenster)-
Back an Ambulance to the gate of Pier 1 at the Marina, then have Tommy jump from atop the Ambulance at the gate. The easiest spot for me to get Tommy over the collision file was just N of the S thick vertical bar of the gate.

This method can also be used to get to Starfish Island and Leaf Links.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty- 1

Failed attempts
-I tried completing all 100 Taxi fares and hopping over with the use of hydraulics, which failed on both sets of barriers
-I tried desperately to get the Packer outside of the film studio, by driving one up the stairs leading outside. The Packer is too slow to do it manually, so I used another packer, placed it at the foot of the stairs and used the ramp to get up and over the wall easier. I failed, but got extremely close. So this method may be possible.

Ways to get to Starfish Island-

Method One (Worded by flicko)-
Yes, I know this is well known, which is why I haven't credited this to myself. What you need for this is the Ambulance. You'll find one in either the Vice Point hospital, or Ocean Beach hospital. If you have just started a new game then I suggest going to the Ocean Beach hospital, as that is much closer. Then what you need to do is drive to the blocked off Starfish Island, and reverse your Ambulance into the every end of the southernmost footpath (shown here), and make sure that the back end of the Ambulance is touching the wall. Then you need to hop on top of the Ambulance (shown here, and jump over onto starfish Island (shown here).

You can also do this method by jumping up and around the Northernmost pillar, which is obviously on the opposite side to the method above. What you do with the ambulance, is reverse it until it hits the wall (shown here), jump up and onto the Ambulance, and then around the big pillar (shown here). But you don't just jump anywhere, you have to jump just to the right the big pillars, on the outside of them. There are little gaps. If you jumped correctly, then you should now be sort of on top of the surrounding wall. Then what you need to do is jump over and onto to Starfish Island. Sometimes you don't have to jump anywhere once you land on the wall, Tommy will simply fall over to the other side (shown here).

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 3

Method Two (Worded by flicko)-
Method two in Ways to get to West Island-

Go to the Marina (shown here); get a car, push it into the water right next to the pier at the first gate (shown here), you have to knock out a tree). If the car floats high enough(shown here), you can jump up and grab the Reefer boat (probably the best one at the docks that early in the game). The Cheetah nearby will not float high enough, nor will the Banshees that tend to spawn in the car-park.

Starting a new game, I just did this second time around. I used the white Admiral from the start of the game, but it didn't make the distance so I had to find another car. In the car-park, I grabbed a Rancher (the closest vehicle around), knocked out the tree again (which re spawns when out of sight), lined it up and pushed it from behind while running. It landed on the roof of the other car still in there (usually a bad thing), however the SUV stayed on its side rather than its roof so I was able to make the jump. I lost 5 health after jumping on the car. Note: Don't jump too far or Tommy will roll straight off the car and into the water (shown here).

Method Three (Worded by flicko)-
First, get yourself onto the West Island using any of the above methods. Then find a helicopter. There will be a VCN Maverick on top of the VCN building in downtown and a Police Maverick on top of the Police HQ in downtown as well. Once you're in a chopper simply fly over to Starfish Island and land there.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 3

Method Four (Worded by Spuds725)-
Method Six in ways to get to West Island-

You have to have a game save where you have opened the west island and/or starfish island and have a pink marker mission available to where ever you want to get to....

2. Die whatever way is the fastest.... (drowning is usually a good option if noone is shooting at you)

3. When you get the wasted/mission failed message-- pause the game... you must do this before you respawn at the hospital.

4. Either start a new game or load up a game where you haven't unlocked the area yet... now die.... jump in the water is once again a fast option....

5. After you die, you will respawn at the closest hospital-- there will be "mission failed" cab there with a pink arrow pointing at it--- get in and it will transport you to where you would have started the mission you failed prior to loading or starting your new game... note: you will lose any weapons you had (kind of obvious but worth mentioning)

Easy as pie.... once again, I did not find this but read about it somewhere on here a few years ago.

Verified- Yes (By Spuds725)
Difficulty rating- 1

Method Five (Worded by glenster)-
Method Nine in ways to get to West Island-

Have Tommy jump from the ledge on the N side of the North Bridge (leading to Prawn Island) onto one of the bigger, slower boats (the Rio is easy to do this with). I had the best luck triggering the appearance of boats by having Tommy go to the W pillar that rises from the ledge and then go back E. If you see two or more boats , the ones that follow the 1st one go slower.

If you try this one, save the game at 3321 Vice Point, the place N of North Point Mall, so you can be close by if you need to load your previously saved game and try again.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 4

Method Six (Worded by glenster)-
Method Ten in ways to get to West Island-

Back an Ambulance to the gate of Pier 1 at the Marina, then have Tommy jump from atop the Ambulance at the gate. The easiest spot for me to get Tommy over the collison file was just N of the S thick vertical bar of the gate.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty- 1

Failed attempts
-I first got myself onto the West Island, and then retrieved a Packer from the Docks. Then I positioned it so that it was in line with the Gates leading to Starfish Island. I then found a fast vehicle and tried to jump over the gates, to no avail. The invisible wall was too high.

Ways to get to Leaf Links-

Method One (Worded by flicko)-
This method is simple. Get a large vehicle, preferably one in a fixed location, like the Ambulance, and head over to Leaf Links. then park the Ambulance so it is adjacent with the gates, get out of the vehicle and then hop up and over the gates onto leaf links (shown here).

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 1

Method Two (Worded by flicko)-
This method i also relatively simple. All you have to do is get a fast vehicle, preferably the PCJ-600, and then head towards Starfish Island. Just before you reach the large pillars leading up to the bridge to Starfish, turn right down the side of the Construction site. Now floor it towards the North. There is a gap in the fences that will enable you to jump over the water and land on Leaf links.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 1

Method Three (Worded by flicko)-
This method is similar to Method Two, but you have to jump in a slightly different area. Go to Vice Point, where you go to access Avery Carrington's missions, then head North. You'll see a right turn up ahead, which will lead you to the centre of Vice point, don't go that way. Instead, veer off to the left, and you should come to a roundabout dead-end. You will see to the right a ramp, which you can jump over using a fast vehicle onto Leaf links (shown here).

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 1

Method Four (Worded by flicko)-
Again, this method is similar to both Methods one and two. First get a fast vehicle, preferably the PCJ-600. And head over to Pay N Spry in Vice point. Behind that is another gap in a fence, with Leaf links positioned behind it (shown here). All you have to do is drive up and jump the water, and land on Leaf links.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 1

Method Five (Worded by flicko)-
First, get a PCJ-600 (again!), and head over to Leaf Links. Once you get to the gates, continue driving until you come across an overhead bridge. What you have to do is drive up the either side of the bridge, and your bike will go up and land on the bridge (shown here). It is very easy.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 1

Method Six (Worded by flicko)-

Again for this method you need the PCJ-600. Head towards Vice point, and then take the left turn as you get towards El Swanko casa, which will mean you'll be turning East. Drive forward until you see a sharp bend ahead, and a set of railings. On the other side of the railings is the sea, and just beyond that is Leaf Links. What you need to do is reverse back towards El Swanko Casa, and then floor it straight into the railings.

This initially seems suicidal, but it is actually possible to faceplant onto Leaf Links. You need to be driving very fast in order to get the momentum, and even then it's very difficult, but it is possible. Here is a video, courtesy of Ring_of_fire.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 5

Method Seven (Worded by flicko)-

Method two in Ways to get to West Island-

Go to the Marina (shown here); get a car, push it into the water right next to the pier at the first gate (shown here), you have to knock out a tree). If the car floats high enough(shown here), you can jump up and grab the Reefer boat (probably the best one at the docks that early in the game). The Cheetah nearby will not float high enough, nor will the Banshees that tend to spawn in the car-park.

Method Eight (Worded by glenster)-
Method Nine in ways to get to West Island-

Verified- Yes
Difficulty rating- 4

Method Nine (Worded by glenster)-
Method Ten in ways to get to West Island-

Back an Ambulance to the gate of Pier 1 at the Marina, then have Tommy jump from atop the Ambulance at the gate. The easiest spot for me to get Tommy over the collison file was just N of the S thick vertical bar of the gate.

Verified- Yes
Difficulty- 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difficulty ratings--

1- Easy
2- Relatively simple
3- A Tad tricky
4- Difficult
5- Very nearly impossible
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all I have at the moment. And this is where I turn to you, the forum members. Do you know of any more ways to get to these three restricted areas? It would be great to have all known methods in this one topic. smile.gif

claud3
  • claud3

Confuicus's Version of the golden rule.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

thanks man. But you can do this with either a p.c trainer or just by chance in some case's

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

For my "drive through barrier" method-- I personally think the difficulty is about a 3 (tricky).

You must be going fast (I never tried it on another bike)-- take the right turn wide left so you clear the light pole on the right-- aim at the gap, just a hair to the left of the tiny gap and be "upright" as you hit the barrier to go through-- was difficult at first but I can do it pretty easily now-- if you pause the video and drag the play bar to where he "hits" the barrier you can see where you need to aim the bike

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

Cool. Sure, some of it's been done here before, but you give credit where it's due and it's all in one convenient spot. colgate.gif

The ways you give to enter Leaf Links can be used to bring your weapons for the "Four Iron" mission. Kind of cheaty, but it gets the job done. Definitely an idea if you're having trouble just using the Caddy and golf club to pass it.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (claud3 @ Dec 31 2008, 18:25)
thanks man. But you can do this with either a p.c trainer or just by chance in some case's

Sure, but this topic isn't really for discussing using cheats/trainer/mods to access restricted areas. It's for a discussion of accessing restricted areas by simply playing the game.

Spuds, I think I got caught up in the illusion that it was relatively simple, just because I, like you, find it very easy to pull off now. But when I first attempted this method I did struggle a bit, so I definitely agree about notching up the difficulty rating. icon14.gif

Mainland Marauder, I know of many ways to get into Leaf Links with weapons, as well as exploiting these methods (getting up and over the entrance roof, using a vehicle to jump over the ramp, using a PCJ to climb over the fence are to name a few). Thanks for the comments.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:02 PM Edited by Spuds725, 01 January 2009 - 10:14 PM.

Got another one and this one is super easy-- can use to get to starfish or west island (not leaf links as no missions start there)-- more of a game programming bug then anything.... I did not find this but have verified it on PS2 version (original)-- I just re-verified this on my PS3.

2. Die whatever way is the fastest.... (drowning is usually a good option if noone is shooting at you)

3. When you get the wasted/mission failed message-- pause the game... you must do this before you respawn at the hospital.

5. After you die, you will respawn at the closest hospital-- there will be "mission failed" cab there with a pink arrow pointing at it--- get in and it will transport you to where you would have started the mission you failed prior to loading or starting your new game... note: you will lose any weapons you had (kind of obvious but worth mentioning)

Easy as pie.... once again, I did not find this but read about it somewhere on here a few years ago.

There is likley another bug like this that I will have to verify-- relating to doing bloodring-- lemme get back on that one... if it works, then it can be used to get to the west island with a 100% save.

//edit//

I just verified this works on PC-- I didn't have a save with a mission available on the west island-- but started dildo dodo, died, started a new game and died again and the cab was there.... took me back to the film studio-- should work for west island missions also.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

Wow, that's ingenious!

I've added into the first post, and given it a difficulty rating of just the one, unless you believe otherwise?

Nice to see more additions. smile.gif

samus88
  • samus88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

Hi, this is my first post here. I have a PC since '02 but I never cared for games really, so 2 weeks ago I got Vice City, and though I already beat it, I chose to restart it to explore the City and all. So I wanted to get to the 2nd Island before doing any mission just to see what happened, and I didn't want to jump with a PCG or a car from the Studio so I discovered this myself. (I took screencaps 'cause I have no diea how to record a video from the Pc).

Go to the entrance to Starfish Island and park a car (I actually used the car from the beggining, right after the movie clip ends) in this spot.
user posted image

Jump over the car and then jump straight ahead, and you will land "mid-air" as this.

user posted imageuser posted image

Go to the last mansion on the Island on the right side, actually the 2nd one, because the other has no entrance, and jump over the green whatever thing that is.

Now, go south till you find this location, and border it carefully not to fall in to the water, until you get atop of it. Like so

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Finally jump through that spot and voilá, you're on the Otherside.

I hope you guys liked it. alien.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

Good find, but i'm afraid that Demerest has found that Over here in this little handy topic. tounge.gif Good job on getting that to work, I personally have not gotten that one to work. I find Spuds' way is the easiest, where you get a PCJ and drive through the barrier at the bridge by the Ocean Beach Hospital. smile.gif Good find on that Spuds.

About the video recording, just use Fraps, if you get V1.9d, it is a fully functioning "free" version, because it was a version before the ability to record sound was added. If you want the latest version(2.9), you can download it from here. It too, is a Free download. Hope this helps.

samus88
  • samus88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

Oops, didn't find that one. Thanks for the info, I'll try to record a video one of these days. Bye.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

Nice one, buddy!

I've recently created a topic titled A guide to accessing restricted areas, where I have created a collaboration of all known ways to get to the West Island, Starfish Island and Leaf Links, before their gates actually open. Your method is not listed in the topic, so would you mind if I copied your post and put it onto the restricted areas topic, giving you the credit?

samus88
  • samus88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

Not at all, mate. Feel free to post it. icon14.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:22 AM Edited by radioman, 05 January 2009 - 11:25 AM.

Good job on the guide. smile.gif btw, the first method of getting to Starfish Island early that you listed, was found by Demerest in this pinned topic. and a similar post-except with a different vehicle used here. Hope this helps.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Much obliged, I'll add it in right away.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:02 PM Edited by flicko, 23 January 2009 - 11:48 AM.

Edit, since the two topic have been merged, this post is redundant as the guide is posted above this one.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:01 AM

If it's worth adding, the first time I managed to get to the other side in Vice City was by accident.

I was racing around in a PCJ-600, lost control during a handbrake turn and crashed it into the fence (at the same spot in method 2 but on the left this time) and Tommy ended up kissing the ground behind the fence. I got the Reefer boat this time as well, but thought the boatyard would be locked, so I went all around the west island trying to find a way up, which took me all the way to Downtown between the bike track and the stadium!

To make it easier, all you have to do is crash the bike into the fence behind where the Cheetah spawns (move it out the way of course) and send Tommy flying behind the fence. It's a bit harder than piling up cars in the water though and has a greater chance of ending up at the Washington Beach hospital rather than the pier.

Should we add another Leaf Links jump? Once it's open, you lose all your weapons when you walk through the building. To avoid it, just jump on the Comet parked there and over the two fences. It makes one certain mission extremely easy to beat this way.

Another way I made it into Leaf Links was by driving a car up the embankment on the right hand side at full speed (facing the west island) and flipping it so it bounced over the wall. Successfully did this with a Police car, but the car naturally ended up on its roof and exploded seconds after. Not that easy and it's slow, since it means you have to walk all the way back to the Comet to retry, or even Vice Point if the car didn't show up.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:11 AM Edited by flicko, 12 January 2009 - 10:14 AM.

Thanks for your contributions, mate. I'll be adding the method about crashing into the fence at Vice City Marina in. I gave this a go myself, and it took me a Fair amount of tries to succeed, so in my opinion, this method should have a difficulty rating of 4. Let me know if you agree or disagree with this.

And the methods you have described in order to get to Leaf Links don't comprehend with this topic's purpose. This topic is about getting to Leaf Links when the gates are closed, preferably for people who are just beginning a new game. So obviously the entrance and Comet would be unreachable. Although people may find it beneficial, I won't be adding the methods into the first post. smile.gif

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:10 PM Edited by glenster, 15 January 2009 - 09:14 PM.

flicko--a couple more ways for your page:

Ways to get to the West Island-

- Have Tommy jump from the ledge on the N side of the North Bridge onto one of
the bigger, slower boats (the Rio is easy to do this with). I had the best luck
triggering the appearance of boats by having Tommy go to the W pillar that rises
from the ledge and then go back E. If you see two or more boats , the ones that
follow the 1st one go slower.

If you try this one, save the game at 3321 Vice Point, the place N of North
Point Mall, so you can be close by if you need to load your previously saved
game and try again.

- Back an Ambulance to the gate of Pier 1, then have Tommy jump from atop the
Ambulance at the gate. The easiest spot for me to get Tommy over the collison
file was just N of the S thick vertical bar of the gate.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:11 PM Edited by Spuds725, 15 January 2009 - 10:23 PM.

Merged the 2 "restricted area" threads....

I also copied part of Dem's table into the thread-- it shows pics of the various parts--- these pics are clickable thumbnails.

If anyone would like to take screenies of the various methods to illustrate, you can host them on http://www.imageshack.us with clickable thumbnails.

I think this would greatly improve this guide.

Videos would be even better (hosted on youtube)

Thanks

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

Is it worth pinning it?
If it hasn't been updated for a while it's sometimes hard to find

Steve

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:26 PM Edited by flicko, 16 January 2009 - 03:06 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Jan 15 2009, 22:11)
If anyone would like to take screenies of the various methods to illustrate, you can host them on http://www.imageshack.us with clickable thumbnails.

I think this would greatly improve this guide.

Although I agree it will improve this guide, you're only limited to 10 pictures per post, the others will not show. Perhaps turning them all into clickable links would better suit? I don't know, I'll have a mess around and see what suits best.

Edit, something like this?

Method One (Worded by Demarest)-
Step One- Suit Up- Take the Admiral the lawyer gives you and head south to where the picture is (radar enhanced for easier location). If you take the stairs in the left of the pic, you'll get armor. When you come back down, grab the PCJ600 there and nead north (shown here).

Step 2- Get yourself and thebike into the film studio- Head north and take the curve that takes you over to Prawn Island. At the foot of the bridge there, turn left. Take the stairs you see in the first pic (shown here). Take the right ramp over the alley as seen in the second pic (shown here). Once there, head to the right a little bit then do a U-turn and take yourself to the end of the "plank" there and turn around. You should be lined up like in pic 3 (shown here. If done correctly, this will not only get you into the Film Studio, but will also give you your first Unique Jump.

Step 3- Getting onto the Western Island- Once inside the studio, head to the back corner where the Packer is parked. Turn it around so that it faces just right of the water tower and the face of the truck is lined up with the white crate as in the first pic (shown here). Once you're lined up, exit the Packer and immediately begin walking away so Tommy leaves the door open. Now get back on your bike and head for the opposite corner as seen in the second pic (shown here). Gain as much speed as you can and hit the Packer straight on as seen in the third pic (shown here). ONCE YOU ARE AIRBORN, start aiming to your left so that when you land, you won't go straight into the rail and fly off into the water.

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Jan 16 2009 @ 14:01)
Is it worth pinning it?
If it hasn't been updated for a while it's sometimes hard to find

Steve

It is useful, and would be tricky for newer members to search for this if and when it goes down to the next few pages. But I'm not entirely sure it warrants a pin alone. I'm planning on a major update to make the first post suitable to go into the Guides and Walkthroughs topic, which as you know is pinned, so I'm sure that will help you locate it easier.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:19 PM

I forgot about the 10 pic limit-- links will have to be used... you don't need to use the table formatting if you don't want to-- I know the tags can get ugly.

I do not expect this to be pinned-- it will likely either be added to the multi guide directly-- or we will put a link to this thread in the list of topics--- whichever works out better.

I'll go ahead and pin this temporarily-- until I think it is "done"....

Spuds...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

I'll get on formatting the topic right away. I'll be putting all methods in tables as well, as I think it looks more organised. Believe me, I've dealt with more uglier posts concerning tables (see here!), so this will be relatively simple in comparison.

I'll sort the image scenario out, if anybody wouldn't mind making videos for a few of these methods I'd be most grateful. smile.gif

(And thanks for the temporary pin)

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:15 PM Edited by flicko, 23 January 2009 - 12:19 PM.

I apologise for the double post, but it's necessary.

If you will look at the first post, you will notice that the outlook has almost received a complete overhaul. All methods are now in tables, and most of them are complete with links to screenshots/videos, to make each method easier for you to be able to do. I've also edited various posts a tad, but still gave the original posters the credit. I'm going to review each method in the near future, when it is near completion.

There are, however, a few screenshots I require. These are-

-Method five in the ways to get to the West Island segment
-Method Seven in the ways to get to the West Island segment
-Method Three in the ways to get to Starfish Island segment
-Method Two in the ways to get to Leaf Links segment

I would really appreciate it if somebody were to provide pictures for these four methods. If need be, I will tell you at exactly which point to take the pictures, and exactly how many. As I've said previously, I would do this myself, but I don't have Vice City for the PC, and obviously PC screenshots are so much more in-depth and detailed than taking shots using a digital camera on the PS2. If nobody is able to do this within the next few days, I will take them myself, but the quality might be a little dense.

Edit, I've finally got round to including Glensters methods. Apologies for missing it earlier. blush.gif This now means that there are 10 listed methods to get to the West Island, 6 listed methods to get to Starfish Island and 9 listed methods to get to Leaf Links. icon14.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

The die method I mentioned earlier was an offshoot of this method-- you evidently don't need to die in the original game-- just start a mission--- load your earlier mission and/or start a new game-- and then die in this game to get the cab to spawn and return you to the orginal mission start place...

This was originally posted before I was a member here (yes that old)-- almost 6 years ago....

http://www.gtaforums...showtopic=87139

i urge you to reference that thread for that method--

Thanks,

Spuds

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:08 AM

Wow, that was discovered a very long time ago! Thanks for taking the time to search for it, I have indeed put it in the first post for reference.

I'm still requiring the screenshots I posted in my previous post, if I don't get any, or anyone willing to take them for me in the next day or so I'll go ahead and take them myself. icon14.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:59 PM Edited by Spuds725, 26 January 2009 - 02:06 AM.

I'll try and grab those pics today-- as long as they aren't to difficult to do-- i suck at controlling Tommy in the PC version.

Regarding that method, yes very old-- I didn't think that old.... I somehow found that thread and verified it and added it to the buglist with a link to the thread a few years ago-- I didn't have to search for it, just noticed it in the buglist-- I don't recall how it got there-- someone must have linked to it or whatnot.

Also, I mentioned another possible method in the original post (regarding the bloodring)-- it didn't work. I thought it might.... this is the method that I thought might work-- if you do bloodring, and fail--- when you exit, as long as you don't reload--- if you die afterward, the game thinks you died in the bloodring-- you will respawn at the stadium outside the doors with all your weapons--- I thought this might carry over through a reload or a new game (since it is relatively similar to the other bug)--- it didn't.

//edit//

I did mess around with this a bit today (grabbing pics) but wasn't very successful....

the first one-- didn't even try-- I can't drive the PCJ well on the PC version, let alone on top of the studio wall...

The 2nd one, I don't think the location is correct- there is a fence behind the cheetah parked there-- tommy would not fly over that-- to the right of the left gate and to the left of the right gate, a section of fence is not there and I have done the face plant method on PS2, could not find the right angle to get it-- almost got it once-- tried for quite a while to get that one

The 3rd one you would just need a pic of the police heli downtown right-- I went to grab it and had a minor kid emergency and had to give up...

The 4th one will be an easy pic to grab--

I may be able to get the 3rd and 4th ones tomorrow (sorry)

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Jan 25 2009, 14:59)
I may be able to get the 3rd and 4th ones tomorrow (sorry)

Not at all, I can only appreciate the help with this. smile.gif

I'll be attempting to take the pics today, as back-up, just in case you don't manage to get them yourself. I'd like around three or four pictures for each method, any more would be fine as well. The pictures I want are of these-

•Method Five in ways to get to West Island
-I can use the first pictures from Method One (getting up and over the wall to get inside the film studio)
-A picture of Tommy trying to manoeuvre onto the wall
-A picture of Tommy driving along the wall
-The point where he has to put his foot down in order to make the jump
-A picture of the brick obstacle in Tommy's way, which he has to avoid if he wants to make the jump
-A picture of a successful landing on the other side
Note: I've actually taken these screenshots, but the quality isn't very good at all.

•Method Seven in ways to get to West Island (regarding the method describing the wrong location, yeah I agree with that, and I'll change the wording round a little bit to make it seem right, as the gaps isn't directly behind the Cheetah, but to the right of Pier 2)
-A picture of the gap (and maybe the tree being smashed)
-A picture of the bike attempting to hit it full on
-A picture of a successful landing
Note: I haven't taken the screenshots for this method yet, but I'll get around to it if you can only provide pictures for the last two required methods

•Method Three in ways to get to Starfish Island
-A picture of the entrance to the VCN building, to help beginners know exactly where it is
-A picture of the chopper
Note: I have taken screenshots for this as back-up, but the quality isn't too good.

•Method Two in ways to get to Leaf Links
-A picture of you in the vehicle on the road leading up to Starfish Island, but the vehicle is turning just to the right of the first bridge, and heading to the gap in the fence
-A picture of the gap in the fence
Note: I haven't yet taken screenshots, since you may be able to get hold of them, but if you can;t take them I'll get screenies of them.

...although it doesn't matter if you can't get these exact shots. icon14.gif

There are also two more methods I require screenshots of, and they're both of glenster's additions-

QUOTE (glenster's first method)
Have Tommy jump from the ledge on the N side of the North Bridge onto one of
the bigger, slower boats (the Rio is easy to do this with). I had the best luck
triggering the appearance of boats by having Tommy go to the W pillar that rises
from the ledge and then go back E. If you see two or more boats , the ones that
follow the 1st one go slower.

If you try this one, save the game at 3321 Vice Point, the place N of North
Point Mall, so you can be close by if you need to load your previously saved
game and try again.

Maybe a screenshot of the gap leading up to the ledge, and then another of Tommy stood on the ledge. And a final one where Tommy has successfully landed and hijacked a boat.

QUOTE (glenster's second method)
Back an Ambulance to the gate of Pier 1, then have Tommy jump from atop the
Ambulance at the gate. The easiest spot for me to get Tommy over the collison
file was just N of the S thick vertical bar of the gate

I think a single screenshot of Tommy stood on top of the parked Ambulance, with the pier in front of him would suffice for this method.

As you can see, both of these additional methods wouldn't be hard to take screenshots of, and I will wait to see if you, or others, can take the shots on the PC before I start uploading my PS2 screenshots.

And regarding your Drive through barrier technique, I checked to see if any other bikes would get through, aside from the PCJ600. I stole the Sanchez from the Haitians during the mission Guardian Angels, and had a go with that... successfully! Managed to break through on the very first attempt. I then acquired a Freeway and gave that a go. It took a few attempts, but with only 3HP remaining, I got through. I haven't yet attempted with the Angel, but I'd assume that it would be successful as well, since that and the Freeway are remarkably similar. I even gave this a go in the Faggio... unsuccessfully! I just couldn't manage to get the required speed, even with I shifted my weight forward on the bike.

I'll go ahead an add that you can also drive through the barrier with the Sanchez and Freeway.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

I've taken pictures for all required methods and added them to the table. The quality is not very good at all, but as long as there's a picture, I'm sure it will provide member's with a better understanding of how to perform each trick. It also makes the topic look a heck of a lot more organised.

I think I can finally say that this guide is complete! biggrin.gif

If anybody does want to make videos of said methods, please, do not hesitate to go ahead, it will be greatly appreciated.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

I just noticed that in Method two of getting to the west Island, that the pictures were uploaded on isarapix, which as you are probabally aware is down, I thought I'd point this out, maybe someone with the PC version can take screen shots icon14.gif

I found this helpful though, thanks for putting it together smile.gif I will start a new game and get all of the hidden packages, once I have done so, I will see what it is like to plat the game with everything, all of the weapons etc. that would be awesome smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users