» «
Photo

DD3D50 FIX

33 replies to this topic
Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:54 AM Edited by Switch_Designs, 31 December 2008 - 09:13 AM.

i got access to a faster machine but it's graphics card does not support pixel shader 3.0 so I was looking for a fix and found that users playing bioshock had the same issue that the game would only work with pixel shader 3.0 supported graphics cards. So some other users made a patch that allows the game to run with pixel shader 2.0 and I want to know if this can be done for gta4.. below are 3 links to some of the info I found:

link 1 Download link to bioshock patch for reference.
link 2 Read about 8 posts down.
link 3 This one was old but talks about the guys who did it (posted before they were fully successful with a perfect patch which they are now.)

If it can be done with one game it should work with other games right?

If a simple patch for the game that would allow it to run on pixel shader 2.0 graphic cards was made then many people who have these cards would now be able to play it and it would open up more sales for the game and less returns from customers that have good cards and don't feel that they should have to upgrade their hardware.

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:48 AM

probably can do it but I tryed opening the .fxc files in fx composer... get a error on line 1... so either protected or used a different software...

but basicly it will be either changing the files with vs_2_0, ps_2_0, technique pass's with the 2_0 ones

or just change the vs_3_0, ps _3_0, to 2_0...

I am too much of a noob, to even say if it can be as they is a hell of a lot of .fxc files, and also maybe a .ini you need to mod...

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:00 AM Edited by Switch_Designs, 31 December 2008 - 08:14 AM.

QUOTE (logitechdog @ Dec 31 2008, 07:48)
probably can do it but I tryed opening the .fxc files in fx composer... get a error on line 1... so either protected or used a different software...

but basicly it will be either changing the files with vs_2_0, ps_2_0, technique pass's with the 2_0 ones

or just change the vs_3_0, ps _3_0, to 2_0...

I am too much of a noob, to even say if it can be as they is a hell of a lot of .fxc files, and also maybe a .ini you need to mod...

Well hell if it would work then someone needs to make it work so I can love them forever and so can thousands of other people too. I see this as something Rockstar should do or rather should have done in the first place. I'm so close to playing it on my pc I can taste it. I finished the game on my ps3 but zomg I want to mod so bad.... Can't wait till there is a .wft filter for zmodeler2.

edit: you can kinda view them by opening them in notepad

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

works better in wordpad

Microsoft ® D3D10 Shader Compiler 9.23.949.2378

The DirectX SDK ships with the FXC compiler...

funny when I did a search on how to open .fxc files, could not see anything

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:48 AM Edited by Switch_Designs, 31 December 2008 - 01:45 PM.

QUOTE (logitechdog @ Dec 31 2008, 08:17)
works better in wordpad

Microsoft ģ D3D10 Shader Compiler 9.23.949.2378

The DirectX SDK ships with the FXC compiler...††

funny when I did a search on how to open .fxc files, could not see anything

That's awesome so now we know what to use to edit the files.

I was also wondering if cards that can run the game but slowly used this kind of a patch if they would run the game better seeing as the card doesn't have to work as hard to do the things that pixel shader 3.0 makes it do. If a 3.0 card can run 3.0 games well and can run 2.0 games very well then if you turn this game into a 2.0 it would run better right? That would mean this kind of patch would be awesome for everyone that wants better performance rather than slightly more stunning graphics.

If someone makes this happen i'll be willing to test it on my pc with a 2.0 card in it for you.

EDIT: Anyone else got any ideas feel free to speak up! This post is slowly falling down the forums and this is something we could all benefit from.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

Reinstalling IV and will mess with this. wink.gif

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Kimd41 @ Dec 31 2008, 13:50)
Reinstalling IV and will mess with this. wink.gif

Anyone having any luck with this this.

ICU954
  • ICU954

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

I have tried to reinstall but no luck. I have dl'd the latest drivers, sp3 etc and still cannot run the game. From the Google searches that I have done, most people with ATI cards are having the same issue. Mine is a Radeon 9800 pro but only supports 2.0 shader. Its not the greatest card by any means but decent and I don't feel that I should have to update it just to gain 3.0. A patch should be issued in my opinion.

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (ICU954 @ Jan 1 2009, 18:23)
I have tried to reinstall but no luck. I have dl'd the latest drivers, sp3 etc and still cannot run the game. From the Google searches that I have done, most people with ATI cards are having the same issue. Mine is a Radeon 9800 pro but only supports 2.0 shader. Its not the greatest card by any means but decent and I don't feel that I should have to update it just to gain 3.0. A patch should be issued in my opinion.

I feel the same way... The game minimum specs say a 256 mb graphics card I have a 512 card but it does not support pixel shader 3.0 to i'm screwed unless this patch is made or unless rockstar buys me a new graphics card..... I think it would be cheaper for them to just make the patch lol.... I still do think this patch should be something that can be made expecially if it worked for bioshock....

benfp
  • benfp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (ICU954 @ Jan 1 2009, 18:23)
Mine is a Radeon 9800 pro but only supports 2.0 shader. Its not the greatest card by any means but decent and I don't feel that I should have to update it just to gain 3.0. A patch should be issued in my opinion.

All due respect, it is beyond sane to expect a 6 year old graphics card will run a 3D action game as complex as GTA IV (Wikipedia states ATI Radeon 9800 got released on 2003).

Slim Shady III
  • Slim Shady III

Group:G-Modding Group:Bulletproof Group:Echte Musik

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:44 AM

And have someone a fix for this problem ? confused.gif

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

Nope beyond me how to get it open, don't know if you need the original .fx file, as the syntax only shows output commands & they all compile, or someone who knows how to get the file back to a .fx by decompiling it or reading it...

http://msdn.microsof...709(VS.85).aspx icon13.gif for not using .fx

Elvis1991
  • Elvis1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:47 PM Edited by Elvis1991, 02 January 2009 - 07:50 PM.

Hi all, I'v downloaded the file and I'v read the readme:
Shader Model 2 - Asankel Fix
Istructions by prophetfp (http://www.shadershock.tk)

* Replace shader.spk in Bioshock's folder with the one provided.
* Open Default.ini in a text editor and find this line: UseSpecCubeMap=True;
* Change it to "False", save and close.
* Delete the Bioshock.ini file from your \Application Data\Bioshock\ folder

but on my pc there isn't a Default.ini and not even a Bioshock.ini or a shader.spk ... someone has done this ?
If i'm do wrong, someone can explain me how I can fix it?

ICU954
  • ICU954

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (benfp @ Jan 2 2009, 05:48)

All due respect, it is beyond sane to expect a 6 year old graphics card will run a 3D action game as complex as GTA IV (Wikipedia states ATI Radeon 9800 got released on 2003).

I've ran DoD source, CSS, TF2, BF2 etc on this card. I'm sure a newer card would create a smoother gameplay but atleast I could run those games. With GTAIV I can't even run it.

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:09 PM Edited by logitechdog, 02 January 2009 - 11:15 PM.

QUOTE (Elvis1991 @ Jan 2 2009, 19:47)
Hi all, I'v downloaded the file and I'v read the readme:
Shader Model 2 - Asankel Fix
Istructions by prophetfp (http://www.shadershock.tk)

* Replace shader.spk in Bioshock's folder with the one provided.
* Open Default.ini in a text editor and find this line: UseSpecCubeMap=True;
* Change it to "False", save and close.
* Delete the Bioshock.ini file from your \Application Data\Bioshock\ folder

but on my pc there isn't a Default.ini and not even a Bioshock.ini or a shader.spk ... someone has done this ?
If i'm do wrong, someone can explain me how I can fix it?

Thats for bioshock the game confused.gif , not gta4 is an example... suicidal.gif lol if you do mean bioshock... then run the Default.ini through the search feature in windows on the bioshock folder

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

Yes the files i linked to were for bioshock i wanted someone to be able to see how it was done in one game in hopes that it could be done in gta4... I really need this patch to be created..... my card can handle the game if it were a pixel shader 2.0 game.... also everyone could run the game faster.....

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

is anyone working on this? it only took the bioshock guys a few hours to make their patch, we are a smarter community aren't we?

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

I've been messing with this with no results. I've tried some of these pixel shader hardware "emulators" but they are so old they only can emulate pixel shader 2. I think it was possble in Bioshock because it's engine was pixel shader 2 compatible in another game. But I'll still try to make it run. Damn you R*.

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Kimd41 @ Jan 4 2009, 23:13)
I've been messing with this with no results. I've tried some of these pixel shader hardware "emulators" but they are so old they only can emulate pixel shader 2. I think it was possble in Bioshock because it's engine was pixel shader 2 compatible in another game. But I'll still try to make it run. Damn you R*.

Thanks for helping to keep this alive it would be so cool if it ever gets made. And an emulator hmmmm that sounds like a good direction to move into too~

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:15 AM Edited by Switch_Designs, 06 January 2009 - 10:31 AM.

I found a neat looking pixel shader 2.0 emulator but i wonder if changes could be made to it so that it would emulate 3.0 too. If so it would not only be great for running GTA IV but other 3.0 games as well.... I'll try and contact the developer and see if they are working on a 3.0 version. You can see the page with the emulator here!

Edit: I think this is the developers contact page but the links will not work for me >.< http://www.tommti-sy...s.de/start.html

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

emulate does not sound good, as the only way it could emulate it, is in software... which GTAIV would go down the drain.... and think thatís for hardware that does not support 2.0 but the engine will let it go to shader 2.0 in software on the hardware compatibility checks...

as for 3.0 emulator lol

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:47 AM Edited by Switch_Designs, 06 January 2009 - 04:20 PM.

QUOTE (logitechdog @ Jan 6 2009, 10:26)
emulate does not sound good, as the only way it could emulate it, is in software... which GTAIV would go down the drain.... and think thatís for hardware that does not support 2.0 but the engine will let it go to shader 2.0 in software on the hardware compatibility checks...

as for 3.0 emulator lol

Well it was just a thought lmao! yes the bioshock method of changeing the game to a 2.0 game would be better and make it run faster while an emulator would slow things down...

I was playing around on my slower 1.6 gig system with 1 gig ram and a 3.0 shader nivida 7300 (which does not support new drivers for gta4) and using the shader 2.0 emulator i did notice when i picked some random options things did change in the game like before i could see interiors like nicos first safe house inside but when I go out side I get no buildings and few things load up... with the emulator i got no interiors or ground but some things like nico and the kitchen table loaded perfectly and looked sweet.. all this means nothing really other than even thoe this computer has a 3.0 shader graphics card without the new drivers i'm screwed and it does not support them only 7900 and up. but it does seem that some models in the game still work and if some work shouldn't all of them work.....? I did however find it interesting that the emulator did cause some different effects to happen to me even thoe it's not a 3.0 emulator.

I don't know thoe i'm just a 3d modeler as far as this stuff goes i'm so beyond noob.

I do know that the faster cpu I have is a laptop with a hard to replace graphics card that is an intel and does not support shader 3.0 so regardless of how obviously bad my slow system runs the game if there was a patch to make the game run on shader 2.0 cards my faster system would run it fine and maybe it would run better on my slower system too if it was not tring so hard to run the shader 3.0 stuff that it needs drivers for that don't exist for my nivida card...O.o (the new drivers mess up every game i play and make gta worse too which is really bad seeing is it's already messed up as it is..)

=====================================================================================

ALSO SPECIAL NOTE FOR ROCKSTAR TORONTO since you told me you would look at this post I wanted you to see this: Signature for you post (<====this thread may be locked but let it live on just for you... (side note things like that were why I made my own website in the first place rotflmao.)

DG55
  • DG55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

So does this error definately mean that your card doesn't support Shader 3.0?

If so, I will just buy a new card.

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (DG55 @ Jan 6 2009, 18:40)
So does this error definately mean that your card doesn't support Shader 3.0?

If so, I will just buy a new card.

yep thats all it means!

laport
  • laport

makes more sense everyday

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:10 AM

in rivatuner 2.22 when you go to Driver settings> Directdraw and Direct3D settings (DX logo @ dropdown menu)> "Shaders", you will find two settings:

1. Pixel shader settings
CODE

-Override pixel shader version
 -no override (default)
 -disable shaders
 -force 1.1
 -force 1.3
 -force 1.4
 -force 2.0

Maby changing that to "force 2.0" might help you?

2. Vertex shader settings
CODE
-Override vertex shader version
 -no override (default)disable shaders
 -force 1.1
 -force 2.0

I hope this option works both ways, catch my drift?

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (laport @ Jan 7 2009, 05:10)
in rivatuner 2.22 when you go to Driver settings> Directdraw and Direct3D settings (DX logo @ dropdown menu)> "Shaders", you will find two settings:

1. Pixel shader settings
CODE

-Override pixel shader version
†-no override (default)
†-disable shaders
†-force 1.1
†-force 1.3
†-force 1.4
†-force 2.0

Maby changing that to "force 2.0" might help you?

2. Vertex shader settings
CODE
-Override vertex shader version
†-no override (default)disable shaders
†-force 1.1
†-force 2.0

I hope this option works both ways, catch my drift?

well nice try but it didn't help infact just installing the program made it so that now in SA peds and cj have no textures even with the program not running......

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

Update: Yeah that tuner really messed up my crap even with it uninstalled it causes issues in other games..... So lets get back to the topic subject anyone having any luck working on a patch that makes gta4 run on pixel and vertex shader 2.0?

Switch_Designs
  • Switch_Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

4 pages in and still no reply from rockstar toronto and no patch yet .... Is it impossible???

Slim Shady III
  • Slim Shady III

Group:G-Modding Group:Bulletproof Group:Echte Musik

• Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

Have someone found what to fix this problem . confused.gif

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

I remember the Bioshock SM 2.0 shader trick. I was curious and wanted to try it on my old AMD +4200 X2 and Nvidia 6200. I was able to see basic objects but they all had no detail, color or depth. All the objects were very dark, flat and just looked pretty awful. It was never enough to play the game without serious problems and limitations.

I know not everyone has enough money to buy new hardware but a good video card is more affordable then ever. Like someone else stated it is unrealistic to ask a game studio to support 5-8 year old SM 2.0 cards. Also you guy are probably playing on PC's with AGP slots which means to upgrade you will have to buy a new motherboard and DDR2 memory. All these things are more affordable than ever.

Even if you were to get this tweak to render the game perfectly your CPU's could not handle it. Any motherboard with an AGP slot does not support a CPU powerful enough to play GTA IV.

After GTA SA you should have considered your self lucky to play that game without upgrading.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users