Photo

THE REMATCH...

198 replies to this topic
mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:23 AM

I might try it again...if anyone wants to.

Tonksi
  • Tonksi

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Jan 6 2009, 04:55)
I kind of wanted to spend a bit of time at the Airport with players using mics to go over some stuff. In the end, it's really just about aim and accuracy but there are definite strategic advantes to be had in areas you play. The airport is all about the garage/train station/police station.

Of course this is not to say we couldn't just play someplace else like Algonquin.

thats the best place to do it at (if you are going for the airport only that is)

keeping to the top floor and the train station and staying crouched you will be almost invisible, the less experienced pilots will go down fast with some assaults and the tougher guys can be sniped out as you will have loads of time... and being in the car park you have health and armor to retreat back inside for.

algonquin or of course alderney and other high rise blocks may be even better... but it will drag the game out, and in those locations it wont even take skill to shoot out a pilot with the auto aim setting that are on atm.... when i fly algonquin i head down streets and pop people off as i go... pretty much taking people by surprise and lifting up the nose if someone thinks they are gonna take me out.... but if one had auto aim id be clean out there... and have to resort to range fighting... which would be way less interesting, skillful or enjoyable to watch

id say you should go half with snipers, half with assaults... dependant on what your preference, and dont use auto aim... its sh*t unless the pilot is completely whack... all it will do is get a guy on fire, nd we all know what happens then (he gets a health pack)

it should be clear in your rules also that pilots arent allowed boday armor... body armored pilots take the sport out of it, especially if they continue getting more... at least thats how we do this sort of thing on the xbox.

and i would also agree with splitting up.... not too much but enough so he cant just spray and get hits... make him work for it. before you start get EVERY ground guy body armor, full assault of their choice, ak if preferable as you want to shoot them out not rely on blowing up, and full auto sniper for when you have a cautious pilot or hes not attacking your group

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

Far out, this is madness up in here calm down.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

I'm up for another try...just want it to be fun is all...

Wasn't trying to insult you, burnin... confused.gif

Got a little defensive over the 8 yr old remarks, even though you specifically excluded me from it, I still took some offense.

A cpl of the ppl you were refering to are some of the best ground fighters I have yet seen in GTA. We were all trtying just as hard as you...and several were considerably more succesful than the rest of us.

I bitched about pppl that get mad...then got mad myself.

My apologies.

Lets get back to the issue at hand...killing Pilots! devil.gif

osmaeel
  • osmaeel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Tonksi @ Jan 6 2009, 09:28)
I kind of wanted to spend a bit of time at the Airport with players using mics to go over some stuff. In the end, it's really just about aim and accuracy but there are definite strategic advantes to be had in areas you play. The airport is all about the garage/train station/police station.

Of course this is not to say we couldn't just play someplace else like Algonquin.

thats the best place to do it at (if you are going for the airport only that is)

keeping to the top floor and the train station and staying crouched you will be almost invisible, the less experienced pilots will go down fast with some assaults and the tougher guys can be sniped out as you will have loads of time... and being in the car park you have health and armor to retreat back inside for.

algonquin or of course alderney and other high rise blocks may be even better... but it will drag the game out, and in those locations it wont even take skill to shoot out a pilot with the auto aim setting that are on atm.... when i fly algonquin i head down streets and pop people off as i go... pretty much taking people by surprise and lifting up the nose if someone thinks they are gonna take me out.... but if one had auto aim id be clean out there... and have to resort to range fighting... which would be way less interesting, skillful or enjoyable to watch

id say you should go half with snipers, half with assaults... dependant on what your preference, and dont use auto aim... its sh*t unless the pilot is completely whack... all it will do is get a guy on fire, nd we all know what happens then (he gets a health pack)

it should be clear in your rules also that pilots arent allowed boday armor... body armored pilots take the sport out of it, especially if they continue getting more... at least thats how we do this sort of thing on the xbox.

and i would also agree with splitting up.... not too much but enough so he cant just spray and get hits... make him work for it. before you start get EVERY ground guy body armor, full assault of their choice, ak if preferable as you want to shoot them out not rely on blowing up, and full auto sniper for when you have a cautious pilot or hes not attacking your group

Algonquin would be easy if they were not fighting as a group, but when you have 8 guns pointed at you, I am pretty sure I will go down. Alderney is easy on the other hand, sure there are alot of poles and industrial buildings you have to watch out from but you have alot of gaps that you can to go through from.

Guys, do you wanna try out another place next time?

Tonksi
  • Tonksi

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (osmaeel @ Jan 6 2009, 15:59)
QUOTE (Tonksi @ Jan 6 2009, 09:28)

Algonquin would be easy if they were not fighting as a group, but when you have 8 guns pointed at you, I am pretty sure I will go down. Alderney is easy on the other hand, sure there are alot of poles and industrial buildings you have to watch out from but you have alot of gaps that you can to go through from.

Guys, do you wanna try out another place next time?

alderneys city area is worse that the algonquin, overall.... the streets are smaller.. more alleys / places a heli cant go.. and if it was standard weapons with no AA either would be relatively easy 1 vs 8

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

ok we can have another go, I might have actually get a headset for this.

The Owl
  • The Owl

Captain of the Sniper team.

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

Round 3! Count me in!

I recommend Blips: Team, Traffic: OFF and Weapons: Powerful.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

ok I am up for it again! Pilots -- any rules or setting you are opposed to? Fog, blips off? different location besides airpor?

The Owl
  • The Owl

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

Setting it outside the airport would be impractical for the pilots since when they die they would have to find a new chopper which would take to long.

Tonksi
  • Tonksi

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 7 2009, 02:15)
Setting it outside the airport would be impractical for the pilots since when they die they would have to find a new chopper which would take to long.

errrr.... ever heard of heli tours?

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

or a really fast car? we could just make it an hour long match.

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx
  • xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

North Holland Hustlers

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:49 AM

or you guys could use a money limit instead of a time limit. maybe $2500 or $5000. that way, you can pace yourself, and you won't feel rushed if the time is ending.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:19 AM

burnin' - yes, get a mic!!!

This would greatly help in terms of game set up. I would actually love to move around even, but it's cool if we stay in one spot for the sake of familiarity.

Not too familiar with Alderny other than the single player areas I played, and the Prison of course.

Again, some FM time with mics could go a long way. Maybe that's why I've had an easier time fighting with Owl and Chris.

The Owl
  • The Owl

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Tonksi @ Jan 7 2009, 02:23)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 7 2009, 02:15)

errrr.... ever heard of heli tours?

I'm not saying that the airport is the only place to get a helicopter but it would take you a long time to get to any chopper. Of course I was assuming that the match would have the same time limit as the others so that would be 10 minutes arming time and 20 minutes fighting and if a pilot died it would take him about 5 minutes to get to a chopper which is 1/4 of the fight time.

But if you want to fight outside the airport I'm fine with it, but it would be hard to find a place that is better for cover, health, amour and weapon pickups then train station/ car park. That said, it would be nice to get the pilots away from there health pickups.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

I'll be om tonight (6pm eastern US) if anyone wants to do a FM to talk about this more...

Hitme up... smile.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

I'll be on this morning but 6PM your time is 3PM my time which with my schedule is the middle of the night for me pretty much biggrin.gif

Owl, actually helitours is one spot and there is a chopper also on the roof of the police station in Algonquin. As I've done a lot of firetruck griefing, I can safely say it doesn't take too long to get from the top of Algonquin to the bottom, as the heli's are located right near the firetruck.

Regardless, I've had fun with you guys so I'm down!

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

I will get on tonight around midnight central time and I will have a headset!!! Lets get this sorted out...Saturday at 2pm EASTERN this time.. Sammy can you be there?

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 7 2009, 15:56)
I will get on tonight around midnight central time and I will have a headset!!! Lets get this sorted out...Saturday at 2pm EASTERN this time.. Sammy can you be there?

Im in, burnin...

And I forget where you are...what time is midnight for me?

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

midnight central which is 10 pm pacific, 11 pm mountain and 1 am eastern, what zone are you in?

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:30 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 07 January 2009 - 10:47 PM.

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 7 2009, 17:42)
midnight central which is 10 pm pacific, 11 pm mountain and 1 am eastern, what zone are you in?

eastern...I most definately will not be up then...lol

Also...
QUOTE (Tonksi @ Jan 7 2009, 18:18)
QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 7 2009, 03:36)
I am pretty good on the ground, and if you pilots are staying even out of the range of the mp4 then yes we will certainly lose...unless we have it set to snipers only.

thats the best idea.... you say your auto aim may not shoot out the better pilots just light them up.... use snipes because as long as the shots arent way off you can light the chopper up in 17 bullets.... soooo imagine 12 guys firing auto snipers.... if you dont shoot the guy out (which if you are all descent would be inprobable... you will most certainly light them up fast.... the game should also be about last man standing... once a pilot goes down, hes out, same for the ground units.... untill one of the 2 is left... a heli team will easily beat you in kills.... thats why you have the greater numbers of ground soldiers
QUOTE (ChristopherD)
I gotta say...kinda like the last man standing idea... dozingoff.gif

This is from the Heli thread...might be worth considering...

Response to burnin's post below: You Da Boss! smile.gif

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:36 PM Edited by mylungsareburnin01, 08 January 2009 - 01:56 AM.

I dont like this idea, once I get killed I wanna respawn, this would make it too easy for the pilots.

Response to Chris's above post --- "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

There should be a rule. Once we get a pilot down he has to fight his way to a chopper meaning we can kill them. If this happens they won't get near another chopper.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (sammyman88 @ Jan 8 2009, 14:32)
There should be a rule. Once we get a pilot down he has to fight his way to a chopper meaning we can kill them. If this happens they won't get near another chopper.

true but they would never go for that

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Unless we play one game with those specific rules? I'm open to variety. Hell, I'm open for anything, as I've had a blast playing with you guys the last couple weekends.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

if we kill one pilot and then they are never able to get back to their chopper, what does that prove? That we are better at ground fighting and we already know that.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 8 2009, 12:56)
if we kill one pilot and then they are never able to get back to their chopper, what does that prove?  That we are better at ground fighting and we already know that.

Agreed. Will not prove anything.

And I'm w/SJ as well. Am up for any set of rules...as long as the Pilots agree.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

I am leaning towards sniper rifles, as soon as we respawn look towards the sky and start firing.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:11 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 08 January 2009 - 07:15 PM.

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 8 2009, 15:09)
I am leaning towards sniper rifles, as soon as we respawn look towards the sky and start firing.

I can go w/snipers only...and am liking the idea of Blips: Team, forcing them to look for us.

Will also be on tonight for a while...til the Florida - Oklahoma game starts.

GO GATORS!

user posted image

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

I have to work...thank the good lord for dvr! lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users