Hey mylungsareburnin you need a mic.

and to calm the hell down and up his game

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

The third game was a joke. Rocket Launchers???

Not that I blame lungs for trying, just that I did my gambling last week in Vegas and that is pretty much what RPG's vs these guys would be, random gambling that you *might* hit them.

I'm down anytime as I like this crowd of people.

Tonksi - yes! Need to purchase the S-video cable and then the recording starts.

osmaeel
  • osmaeel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

First question, how much is this video capture card? What is the name also?I wanna do some recording if its not expensive

About the match, Yes it was great, had alot of fun talking to some really cool guys. I don't know who was throwing the gernades, I asked jetpilot if he was throwing the gernades but he said no. I dont know what happened there then. myburin, Just enjoy the game, you are always gonna have someone that is going to be better then you.

BTW I wanna learn how to grief...lol...it sounds like alot of fun.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:43 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 04 January 2009 - 09:42 PM.

ok guys be ready to be enlightened in the arts of the chopper

Ok...haven't been on in a while...trying to catch up.

The reason I made the statements about your vid that I did, Tonksi, were based on the quote that accamponied it (see quote above).

It was simply a comparison of the folks I play on PS3 and the video YOU implied would teach us something.

In that comparison, I spoke the truth.

The idea that the vid WAS a joke crossed my mind, but because of the statement that accompanied it, AND the fact that a whole lot of Heli pilots THINK they are good, I went on the assumption that the vid was for real.

As far as X-box vs. PS3...please, Please, PLEASE lets not cause a fanboy issue in this thread. I have a very serious love/HATE relationship with you f*cking Pilots (lol) and good debate is good for the soul. Lets keep the talk to flying (or lack there of) and not worry bout what console. Because, while I AM talking about AA on games (and there are more than plenty on BOTH consoles), I find the X-box players SERIOUSLY lacking...so it is all relative.

Ok...gonna read the next two pages of posts and see what more trbl I can get into...lol

And they moved it! I feel SOOO special to have started a thread that got moved...lmao Oh yea...This isnt my thread...Well the Air/Ground War WAS my idea (and Bates, who has yet to play one...lol) so there! tounge.gif

EDIT: The Rematch

First, my sincere apologies to the Pilots and The_Owl:

I was throwing grenades before that one match...In playing osmeal, charger, and some of their other crew over the last week, every now and then they change from their ussual circling method and come in hard and tight. They got me several times over hte last week surprising me like this, so I was experimenting with throwing a grenade if I saw them lining up for it in the match. Thought I might be able to pull off a quick and easy kill.

So...while those grenades going off were never a danger to any GFs, I didn't figure on the explosions freaking ppl out and I didn't know there was a SURPRISE (JetPilot dropping grenades). So that whole argument was on me totally...

And burnin, you gotta admit, you were stretching for every advantage... I mean, cmon! Fog? lmao

So when we all turned around at the beginning of the third match (and for those who werent there, I mean ALL GFs...lmao) and all lit you up at once....well Hell, it was worth the whole kit&kaboodle to see that! Was f*cking hilarious!

@burnin
You seem like a great guy...and I LOVE that you play hard...but lighten up...will bring your blood-pressure down...I use GTA to relax after a day of eating corporate sh*t...to me, it shouldn't cause MORE stress...enough of that goin around these days without a video game doing it.

I had a blast...and will try and get in games here much more often now. Was always a bit intimidated by players who play so much they have to go talk about it...lol

But I also found that most of those ppl are ppl who are looking for something different and interesting...and God Bless R* for giving us a game where WE can control what we do!

<<Jumps off Soap Box and saunters out of the room>> lol

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (osmaeel @ Jan 4 2009, 11:54)
First question, how much is this video capture card? What is the name also?I wanna do some recording if its not expensive

About the match, Yes it was great, had alot of fun talking to some really cool guys. I don't know who was throwing the gernades, I asked jetpilot if he was throwing the gernades but he said no. I dont know what happened there then. myburin, Just enjoy the game, you are always gonna have someone that is going to be better then you.

BTW I wanna learn how to grief...lol...it sounds like alot of fun.

osmael, I got the Dazzle for about $100. There are less expensive capture cards of course, the Dazzle is just an external version with a simple A/V + S-video input that comes with an editing program.

Haven't fired it up but I found a nifty video explaining the process: http:/www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-NVH1_9HhX9w/how_to_record_from_your_video_game_system/

To those who haven't played against real pilots, there is simpy nothing like that sound of the chopper coming to get you ready.

Now, when I see a chopper and they aren't circling, I think to myself "stupid n00b!"

biggrin.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Jan 4 2009, 17:19)
osmael, I got the Dazzle for about $100. There are less expensive capture cards of course, the Dazzle is just an external version with a simple A/V + S-video input that comes with an editing program.

FYI: It says on the box of the higher priced Dazzle product that it works with Windows Vista. The Dazzle (which I bought and took back) only works with Windows Vista 32-bit version. If you have Windows Vista 64-bit, IT WILL NOT WORK! (like a lot of programs w/Vista...sigh)

Vista SUCKS!

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

ok where do I begin??? Tonksi were you in the game? Chris and I were the only ones shooting at the choppers half the time. I feel that if we stuck to the gameplan, we would have won handily. On the last match I am very good with the rocket launcher in regards to leading, I was shooting way past lin and hitting him and making him get out of his formation to get health. And as soon I as get a glancing shot on him ( over 10 times ) the owl runs up and shoots me in the back. So I might do it once more but only if we get enough players and everyone follows the rules. I have faith that we can beat them but most of us were not taking it seriously. Sometimes it felt like it was me, Christ and a bunch of 8 yr old retards that is was their first time playing.

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

sorry for not making it Saturday, i had family business to handle bored.gif

The Owl
  • The Owl

Captain of the Sniper team.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 4 2009, 22:37)
ok where do I begin??? Tonksi were you in the game? Chris and I were the only ones shooting at the choppers half the time. I feel that if we stuck to the gameplan, we would have won handily. On the last match I am very good with the rocket launcher in regards to leading, I was shooting way past lin and hitting him and making him get out of his formation to get health. And as soon I as get a glancing shot on him ( over 10 times ) the owl runs up and shoots me in the back. So I might do it once more but only if we get enough players and everyone follows the rules. I have faith that we can beat them but most of us were not taking it seriously. Sometimes it felt like it was me, Christ and a bunch of 8 yr old retards that is was their first time playing.

Christ was playing!

You and Chris weren't the only ones shooting. Everyone around me was shooting at the choppers when they were in range. The only time I didn't shoot at them when they were in range was when I ran out of ammo or low on health. I fact I probably shot at them the most since I never died and had to run around finding ammo when I respawned.

Just out of curiosity where where you?

[columbo]Oh just one more thing.[/columbo] NO ONE f*ckING TOOK THE THIRD MATCH SERIOUSLY! STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT! Also my favorite mode is free mode, FF off and Weapons: rocket launcher!

The Owl
  • The Owl

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (NinjaWJ @ Jan 5 2009, 00:13)

Did anyone else have the Godfather theme playing in there head when they read that.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:40 AM

its cool, wish you and sammy were there. a health pack thief would have came in handy.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 5 2009, 00:40)
sorry for not making it Saturday, i had family business to handle  bored.gif

its cool, wish you and sammy were there. a health pack thief would have came in handy.

I was in the parking garage where everyone else should have been

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

Since communicating seems to be the biggest issue here, and since the fact is I don't think the pilots care to read our strategy anyway, here is what I was trying to get at: the front of the airport, not just the garage (car park) but the entire front is littered with hiding spots and weapons/ammo spawns.

My idea was to have a 3 pronged attack, most of the force in the garage, a few more people in and around the train station (where there is a health and weapons spawn) and a third smaller party somewhere across the parking lot towards the police station since there are quite a few areas to hide as well as some nice uninterrupted views of the fighting area.

What I saw (and I did in fact take the time to look) was that everybody was mainly in the garage with a couple of us at the train station, all of 20 feet away. This, again, was according to plan.

Notice, OWL and I got kills and hell, OWL didn't even die and I can assure you that between the 2 of us and SCARFACE when he came upstairs with us, we were all firing furiously at the choppers. Not much you can do when they fly out of range and grab health, but I certainly didn't see anybody go and freelance other than people getting killed and spawning out back.

As for the Dazzle - IT ONLY RECORDS IN STANDARD DEF< WTF?!?!?!

Not like that will be a huge issue but still...how even watches SD anymore?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

Sorry I didn't make it. Next time.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 5 2009, 00:52)
QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 5 2009, 00:40)
sorry for not making it Saturday, i had family business to handle   bored.gif

I was in the parking garage where everyone else should have been

Bloody wimp...

So has ground forces won yet?

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

f*ck off...we wont ever win if we keep playing with a bunch of people that play like they are 8 yrs old.

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx
  • xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

North Holland Hustlers

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 5 2009, 13:58)
f*ck off...we wont ever win if we keep playing with a bunch of people that play like they are 8 yrs old.

seems like everyone is having fun except you...

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

JUST REMEMBER EVERYONE I WASNT THERE SO DON'T JUDGE ME.

BTW I think I know the secret to how the pilots get so many kills.

The Owl
  • The Owl

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 5 2009, 18:58)

WHAT THE f*ck ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! Everyone did better then last time.

What is your obsession with 8 year olds?

Tonksi
  • Tonksi

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 5 2009, 21:54)

from what it sounds superjude and owl held their own, and it was myburninglungs who managed to f*ck everyones game up.... like seriously do you not listen???

AUTO AIM AND RPGS WONT WORK WELL AGAINST HELICOPTERS

granted fog helps a little... but not much, but seriously.... you think you are the sh*t and you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. im not surprised they went and TKed you, id have done the exact same. your profile says you are 30+ or some crap yet you are the one acting 8. get a grip.

like i hear ya superjude saying you went for the assault. in that situation it was probably the right gun for you to go for since you feel most comfortabkle with it. i have no idea what this idiot is thinking making it rockets only.... i joined a full free mode with rpg's only when i had only just started to fly... i picked on some of the guys till they teamed up and i had 14 rps coming at me.... sure it slowed me down but i didnt take a single hit in a 2 hour game... if the guys you are playing against are remotely descent the same applys to them, and i can imagine the sighs of relief when thats what you were shooting at them

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:22 PM Edited by mylungsareburnin01, 05 January 2009 - 10:29 PM.

QUOTE (Tonksi @ Jan 5 2009, 22:13)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 5 2009, 21:54)

from what it sounds superjude and owl held their own, and it was myburninglungs who managed to f*ck everyones game up.... like seriously do you not listen???

AUTO AIM AND RPGS WONT WORK WELL AGAINST HELICOPTERS

granted fog helps a little... but not much, but seriously.... you think you are the sh*t and you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. im not surprised they went and TKed you, id have done the exact same. your profile says you are 30+ or some crap yet you are the one acting 8. get a grip.

like i hear ya superjude saying you went for the assault. in that situation it was probably the right gun for you to go for since you feel most comfortabkle with it. i have no idea what this idiot is thinking making it rockets only.... i joined a full free mode with rpg's only when i had only just started to fly... i picked on some of the guys till they teamed up and i had 14 rps coming at me.... sure it slowed me down but i didnt take a single hit in a 2 hour game... if the guys you are playing against are remotely descent the same applys to them, and i can imagine the sighs of relief when thats what you were shooting at them

sammy - the secret to them getting kills is because they are pansies who stay out of range of our bullets no matter what gun. So they cannot be defeated based on that. not to mention they have unlimited ammo and leave once they get hit with even a few bullets to go get health. I wont be in the next match because it is a pointless endeavor....

In regards to tonksi...you werent there so STFU.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

For the record...I got a friggin kill...((damnit)) With the sniper, no less! Actually blew LIN69s chopper up IN the air...((am so proud of myself)).

Of course I am pretty sure that is the ONLY kill I got...and I died like 10 times trying to get back to the garage. Actually my kill came when I got sick of trying to get back over there and started sniping from one of the terminals. If the Pilots came after me, I just ran around it until they got sick of it and went back after you guys, then I just layed shot after shot into the Helis from that distance...and it seemed they were catching fire MUCH faster then (Towards the end of match one, i think).

I agree with burnin that the Pilots CAN be beaten. I just disagree in how he wants to go about it.

Truth be told, and I have bitten my lip on this trying to be nice, but I don't want to do another match with you, burnin...

I f*cking HATE people that take this sh*t THAT seriously and REFUSE to play with those type of ppl unless I am griefing them. I made an acception with you burnin, mainly becuase first, you were WAY into it and second, you never gave me the kind of immature bullsh*t that I see you consistantly giving others here on this forum.

The thing I like most about this forum (besides the actual topics, obviously) is that ppl come here, they peruse the topics, find the topics they are interested in AND the ppl that HAVE the same interests and then...LEAVE THE REST ALONE!

I would have bitten my tounge once again today but for the fact that you, burnin, are the only one in this thread acting like an 8 yr old!

Seriously, make some real friends....go out to dinner and a movie. Something. Anything! Cuz when a video game pisses you off to this degree, there is definately something wrong.

I say these things cuz I think your heart is in the right place, but your attitude is ruining it for others.

((My soapbox is starting to get worn out these days...))

Sorry, man...just my opinion of the situation. confused.gif

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:49 PM Edited by mylungsareburnin01, 05 January 2009 - 11:41 PM.

you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, I play to win not to just screw around playing grab butt, if no one in this thread plays that way that cool. I have friends in person and on ps3/xbox 360 that do. I have a life, I dont play a lot anymore but when I do its serious. I am the Charles Barkley of gta iv. Not the best ( Michael Jordan ) or the worst ( manute bol ). God bless you and yours. biggrin.gif

Mods this thread can be closed now, thank you.

The Owl
  • The Owl

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

No one was screwing around! We all did our best to take the choppers down. As I said before we did a lot better then we did the week before and if you don't recognize that then I feel sorry for you. It doesn't matter who won and who lost. Why? Because we had fun! Don't you get it? It's a game! Sure I get angry when I lose sometimes but that anger doesn't last long, I just let it go. I don't blame the team and call them a bunch of 8 year olds, I just move on.

If you do have legitimate complaints tell us what we did wrong. If not please stop with the "All of you guys suck! I was the only one who did any work". Just STOP.

Here's a LOLCAT to cheer you up
user posted image

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:49 AM

no one stayed together and the pilots did not let us get back to cover...

The Owl
  • The Owl

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 6 2009, 01:49)
no one stayed together and the pilots did not let us get back to cover...

1. You never posted any tactics on the first post and the only tactics I saw was on the fourth page and all you said was "I think we need to stay in a group so it gives them less room to manuever. ". It is very easy to miss. Anyway if we stuck together the pilots would of killed all of us in one pass. Because we where spread out we were able to attack the choppers while they where trying to kill someone else.

2. When did you tell the pilots to allow us to get back to cover?

3. Does that "..." imply you got more problems with us?

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

no that was pretty much it

Tonksi
  • Tonksi

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:40 AM Edited by Lochie, 06 January 2009 - 04:55 AM.

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Jan 6 2009, 03:20)
no that was pretty much it

angry nooblet

Flaming ain't tolerated bud, you've been warned. - Lochie

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:07 AM Edited by Lochie, 06 January 2009 - 04:56 AM.

you complete me

I know it isn't your fault that hes trying to flamebait you but next time don't respond. - Lochie

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:55 AM

I kind of wanted to spend a bit of time at the Airport with players using mics to go over some stuff. In the end, it's really just about aim and accuracy but there are definite strategic advantes to be had in areas you play. The airport is all about the garage/train station/police station.

Of course this is not to say we couldn't just play someplace else like Algonquin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users