Photo

[WIP] GTA IV Location Handler

63 replies to this topic
[]D[][]\/[][]D
  • []D[][]\/[][]D

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

Well, I did exactly what you told me to do and it's still not working. I also tried it with XLiveless installed with no success. Any other idea why it won't work for me?

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

Which op-system do you use? Tested on Vista, should work on XP too, but I know nothing about Win7... And what happens, when you're ingame, Alt+Tab to Location Handler, and press on 'Read' button? What result do you get?

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

After noticing that the v1.1 version of GTA IV LH reverse the GTA IV patches' version, I decided to remove the download link to avoid disappointment, crashes and other things. Fix will be released with the next version, which will include many new features. Thank you for your patience.

[]D[][]\/[][]D
  • []D[][]\/[][]D

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

I running GTA IV on Vista Ultimate 64-Bit.

While I'm ingame and then Alt+Tab to the Location Handler and then click on Read, nothing happens. sad.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:59 AM

sorry to hear you found problems with the latest version Voodoo48, i haven't actually used it for updating my locations file but i have tested it with viewing on the map etc, things are looking better than before and i'm looking forward to the next update smile.gif

i uploaded my updated locations file to GtaGarage ------> Here

it includes a lot of updates, including all the parked cars for the Exotic Exports and txt messages along with a lot of the stunt jumps, amongst many other things.

also includes some locations for use with TLaD, when it eventually arrives on PC wink.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE ([]D[][]\/[][]D @ Mar 9 2009, 22:29)
I running GTA IV on Vista Ultimate 64-Bit.

While I'm ingame and then Alt+Tab to the Location Handler and then click on Read, nothing happens. sad.gif

In the case of Location Handler v1.1: if you use the 1.01 version of GTA IV, then set my prog's version handling to v1.02 (and reverse), then restart Location Handler. I'm not sure that this is the solution, but you should give a try.
@Gforce: thank you for your hard work to collect all of these places. smile.gif

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

Helo there can you re-upload the program?

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:02 PM Edited by voodoo48, 15 April 2009 - 03:28 PM.

Hi!
Not now, if you wouldn't mind. smile.gif The new version will be here within days... (Or at least, I hope.) Compatibility problems solved, now Location Handler works fine with GTA IV v1.01, .02, .03
Now, I just wanna finish the prev/next hotkeys, and make some fixes.

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

Sure biggrin.gif gj icon14.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:32 PM Edited by voodoo48, 14 May 2009 - 08:42 PM.

How to start... Yeah, I was a bit lazy. Too lazy. But whatever, v1.2 is out, with the following updates: tounge.gif

• Compatibility with GTA IV v1.03.
• Bug fixes.
• New options.
• Hotkey-system to teleport previous and next locations on the list.
• Support of multi-category system. Savefiles made by v1.1 or below must be converted (loc_conv.exe).
• Option of starting GTA IV by Location Handler.
• Italian language by Fabio206 added, so you can choose between FunGt's and Fabio206's translation. wink.gif
• And the other things I forgot to mention.

Download link changed to this. And please report any bug you find!

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

GJ Man, this is a great tool. But there is a mistake, that translation it's not mine smile.gif Maybe you did an error biggrin.gif Both are Fungt's translations.

Mine is here: http://www.gta-exper...an_language.rar, can you fix that? smile.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

Sorry, you're right, fixed. smile.gif

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

Thanks man biggrin.gif mayeb you could also link Gforce location for the handler, so people could be more interested biggrin.gif

Anyway excellent work cookie.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:53 PM

I'm happy to announce, that finally I updated LH, so it's now compatible with GTA IV v1.004 smile.gif
Other minor fixes happened too. Download it here.

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:41 AM Edited by heat84, 11 March 2010 - 12:54 PM.

How come when I try to load the .LOC file that was specifically designed to be used with this it says: Error occurred during the loading of locations. ? confused.gif When I use loc_conv.exe with it, it says (perpetually) upgrade: failed.

Also when I try to teleport I get an unhandled exception:
CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "9.416676|0" to type 'Single' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToSingle(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToSingle(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
  at GTA_IV_Location_Handler.frmMain.btnTeleport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
   CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GTA IV Location Handler
   Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
   Win32 Version: 1.2.1
   CodeBase: file:///G:/Users/Joey/Desktop/gta4lochndl/gta4lochndl.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
   CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
   CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Is this mod not compatible with Xliveless? Is this mod an ASI loader? The Xliveless readme says something about ASI loaders. Could the problem be with .NET?

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

I tried out with xliveless minutes ago, works without any problem. confused.gif .NET can't be a problem, or at least I don't think it can be... Check in the settings that you set the correct version. Please send me that loc file in mail or upload it, I'd like to check it, and see what can i do.
Or i think the best way is to pick me up on msn.

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:21 AM Edited by heat84, 13 March 2010 - 09:45 AM.

The .LOC file I'm using is the one linked to on the page to download your mod at GTAGarage: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5716 . I selected the correct patch version in Options. I'm curious. How come 2 of the selections are grayed out? The original version and the 4th patch. The mod doesn't support those versions?

I'm thinking .NET might actually be the problem. There's nothing else it can be. I'm not using an anti-virus program(since I'm very careful of what I download). I'll do some troubleshooting myself. Maybe I'll figure it out.

Damn It! How come when you Google about .NET errors its always programmers asking other programmers for help while writing a program and not the users(non-programmers) of those programs encountering the error while trying to use the program. I took a couple classes in VB but when it got more complicated than making message boxes and closing windows, I was lost. I just couldn't remember all those commands. I suck at learning languages in general. I only passed Spanish in High School because the teacher was nice and liked me.

I don't know what it accomplished, but I ran the mod on another computer (that didn't have GTAIV installed) that was running XP and got the same unhandled exception error. I also got the same error when loading the .LOC file. I think that eliminates any parts of GTAIV is being the problem. The 2nd computer didn't have .NET installed yet either so I installed that.

Is this mod only compatible with a certain version of .NET?

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

I made a small change on location converter, it explains every error better. Copy the .loc file in the same directory where this prog is, type in the filename, and if you get any error, please post the text of report. If the converter transformed it successfully, try to open the output file with GTA IV Location Handler.

I don't think .NET versions influence the work of the program, it must be something else.

(Off: yeah, version v1.00 and v1.04 are disabled, they are not supported. Perhaps if I reinstall my GTA IV one time.)

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:07 AM Edited by heat84, 13 March 2010 - 12:24 PM.

When I used the location converter before, I would drag the .LOC file into the DOS window instead of typing. That shouldn't make a difference should it? I'll try it your way this time.

Edit: Yep. That was the problem. I typed this time instead of dragging and dropping (with the original loc_conv_exe) and it worked. And the converted file loads loads too. Any idea why your converter doesn't like the target file being dragged and dropped into its window? Maybe you should make a note of that in the readme. I can't believe I'm the first person to run into this problem. Isn't it common knowledge that if you drag a file into a DOS window, its full path appears on the command line?

If you care to troubleshoot the drag and drop problem(not necessary since it works when you type), when I drag and drop using the version of loc_conv.exe you just made, It shows this:
CODE
System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
  at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boo
lean needFullPath)
  at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[
] str, Boolean needFullPath)
  at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionA
ccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean check
ForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
  at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess
access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplica
tes, Boolean needFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, I
nt32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions o
ptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encodin
g, Int32 bufferSize)
  at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encodin
g)
  at Location_Converter.core.Main()

Upgrade: failed
I'm guessing only the first line is important, but I'll post the whole thing anyway. How could the path format not be supported? Its just a simple basic DOS path. confused.gif It couldn't be because the drive letter is G instead of C could it?
Edit: Perhaps this will fix the drag and drop problem?: http://www.visualweb...ts/Default.aspx Or this?: http://forums.asp.ne...514.aspx#956514

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

Teleporting still isn't working, but I don't get the unhandled exception anymore. I click on the Teleport button and nothing happens. Reading the coordinates from the game doesn't work either. It says Synchronized on the bottom of the mod window.

I'm guessing the unhandled exception was caused by the mod freaking out when there's no location file loaded.

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:15 AM Edited by heat84, 15 March 2010 - 02:18 AM.

Any chance you could make a verbose version of the mod like you did the .LOC file converter? Or maybe I can just use a switch(gta4lochndl.exe -verbose)? Someone else in this thread had the same problem I'm having. I wonder if they fixed it.

Since I'm using Xliveless, I uninstalled GFWL and RGSC. That shouldn't effect this should it? I'll reinstall them just to make sure.

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

Okay, here you go. Just open settings.ini with Notepad and add this line: "VerboseMode=True"
When you click on "Read coordinates", there will be five message box (if it's really synchronized as it says). Most of them contains some information to me, please post all of them and tell me which level did you reach.
The miss of GFWL or RGSC can't be a problem.
About Drag n Drop: I haven't noticed this way of filling in yet, but I'll fix it, thx for that. smile.gif I'm quite sure it's because of the quote marks.

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:19 AM Edited by heat84, 16 March 2010 - 04:07 PM.

When I click on Read, 2 message boxes pop up. The first one says: Chapter 0. Playerpointer:17095864. The second one says: Chapter 1.

And once again, Googling only yields programmers helping other programmers. angry.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:35 PM Edited by voodoo48, 17 March 2010 - 12:01 AM.

Okay I know where the problem occures. I really hope I can fix it. I made some hidden changes on the prog, here is what you have to do:

1. Download this private version.
2. Open GTA IV, and find a savefile where you start at Roman's apartment. If you don't have any, please make it.
3. If you have one, load it. The main point is to got Niko's coords at an exact position ( =the start point after loading).
4. Alt-Tab, open the previously downloaded version of GTA IV LH, and click on File/Hidden menu. This is available if VerboseMode is switched on. Give him about 5-10 mins.
5. This will print a lot of addresses in "out.txt", in the same directory where the prog is. Rename this output to sg else, and restart (!) GTA IV.
6. Repeat everything from tick 2-4 once more.
7. Compress the two txt files, and send them via email or upload it somewhere.

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:34 AM

http://cid-aec9711da...Public/out1.txt
http://cid-aec9711da...Public/out2.txt

I think those links should work. So what do you think the problem is?

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

it's good to see you've been updating this Voodoo48, hopefully you'll have this up and running with EFLC and i can then update the locations file to work with TLaD and BOGT smile.gif

keep it up wink.gif

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Mar 17 2010, 16:57)
and i can then update the locations file to work with TLaD and BOGT smile.gif

It looks like you already did that. confused.gif

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

I only said I know where it happens. smile.gif Anyway, it seems to be that your system doesn't allows access to GTA IV. (User access limit? Too strict system policy? Don't really know.)
I made some changes again. At first, try "Read Coords". If the first message is zero, the most likely error i can imagine is that GTA IV LH can't even access to GTA IV memory. (Giving a nonzero value means that the reading-out happened, and the error is somewhere else). In the case of zero, add a new line ("AccessLevel=1") to settings.ini
Check it again. If it doesn't work either, set it to 0. Remember, even if this last way works, you can't teleport, only read out coords. I really hope this will solve the problem, because i didn't have too much suggestion left. dozingoff.gif

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:33 AM Edited by heat84, 19 March 2010 - 04:43 AM.

Yeah, I was thinking it was a memory access issue too. I have UAC disabled though. I can't imagine what else it could be. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks for your help.

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:28 AM Edited by heat84, 07 April 2010 - 05:58 AM.

I've upgraded my CPU since my last post(not because of this) and installed Windows 7 on a different hard drive. It's still not working. facedesk.gif Nothing is installed except GTAIV. So there's no other processes to interfere with it. All I wanna do is get the last few pigeons. sad.gif I think I'm gonna try installing XP and see if that works. This works with 7 though doesn't it? dontgetit.gif

@voodoo48: I wasn't able to try the lastest version you specially made for me because I waited to long to download it and apparently file hosting is very temporary at the site you uploaded the file to. Not that it would help me as I need the teleport function, but it might help in troubleshooting.

Edit: I Googled for another teleporter( think I did this 3 weeks ago but I didn't look hard enough I guess) and found this one: http://www.gtagaming...cript-mods/2128. Its part of a trainer and actually better becuse its in game and you don't have to ALT-TAB out.

I still would like to know why this one doesn't work for me. dontgetit.gif For some reason I feel guilty about using the other teleporter. turn.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users