2,841 replies to this topic
Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hi Good,

Can you explain me this, i have an .img, it shows me that its about 142Mo, for me its too big, so yesterday,

i decided to creat a new .img, empty with nothing, i extract files from my .img (142Mo) and import it to the new .img file and  i only have 28Mo, WTF ????

the same files 100%  were transfered from .img to .img without any modification or add !!!

My second problem is that i have my new map mod, and theres a crash cause of collision from one of my.img file, but i reimport files in 3ds max and then reexport to OPENIV, i can see them in 3D view then i put them into GTA it still crashin, is there any link with memory ???

its very strange, all files are okay ?!

I send you link by mp

You probably forgot to rebuild archive. 

Try to use OFIO to export collision (or GIMS if you used OFIO in the first place). Other than that, I can't help you because I don't have the collision.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, finally got around to fully updating my computer. I know, I'm lazy. Anyway, now I don't have to navigate away from, and back to open or view the next file (click the back and forward buttons), but I do have to click in a blank area of the OpenIV window to basically de-select the file I was viewing before I can select and view another file. So, while it's still not working perfectly like it was before 2.1, it's much more tolerable now. I do remember reading somewhere that someone was experiencing what I'm experiencing now, but can't recall where. I think it was somewhere on these forums, however.

Yes, some users also have similar issue, but still here is no way to determine what the cause of this.

Can you explain me this, i have an .img, it shows me that its about 142Mo, for me its too big, so yesterday,

i decided to creat a new .img, empty with nothing, i extract files from my .img (142Mo) and import it to the new .img file and  i only have 28Mo, WTF ????

the same files 100%  were transfered from .img to .img without any modification or add !!!

Use Rebuild feature to reduce unused space in archives.
You no need to use Rebuild everytime, but this features is exist exactly for situation like yours.

My second problem is that i have my new map mod, and theres a crash cause of collision from one of my.img file, but i reimport files in 3ds max and then reexport to OPENIV, i can see them in 3D view then i put them into GTA it still crashin, is there any link with memory ???

Which exactly collision file cause crash?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hi Good i tried to import a model i found on the web in a mod . but for an unknown reason when i try to import it to manhat02.img the game crashes at startup . it's weird cause that model comes from a mod for IV . here's the model . once you got it i remove it

http://www.mediafire...3zd1c/model.zip

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ThirteenAG, 2 weeks ago.

Out of curiosity, why are you using this dialog window sometimes(like when needed to set game path)

Browse-For-Folder.png

instead of a normal one?

x38tx1.png

• Blackbird88 likes this

J.A.G.
  • J.A.G.

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes, some users also have similar issue, but still here is no way to determine what the cause of this.

Well, I guess it's good to know I'm not alone, lol. But just by fully updating Windows, the issues I was experiencing changed to what others are experiencing, so maybe that's a clue?

drollin
  • drollin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A week ago

Hi, could it be that when importing a model to EFLC the error "no more then 48 bones allowed per mesh" is thrown even if exactly 48 bones are used?

Do I have to add "no bone" == 0 to the equation? So it would be 48 bone indices + no bone = 49 bones?

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted A week ago

Hi Good, thx for you replyin, i did what you tell me, i created new .img for all my map,

But i still have some models that they dont take collision ingame but its in the .img file and at the right place but i dont know why it doesnt want to load ingame...

Very Very Strange... As i told you if i want to add any collision even little size file, when the game loads it crashes...

What do think and where it may comes from ?

Thx a LOT

Guns*R-Us
  • Guns*R-Us

Why So Serious ?

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Is there any ways to disable the dynamic shadows casted by the car's headlights on Patch 7 ?

Because as you guys can notice, on Patch 7, the dynamic shadows come from street lamps and other wall lights are flickering very much at night.

I discover that bug cause by the dynamic shadows come from car's headlights.

I have some test.

At night time, disable the cars by using the Trainer and that bug is gone, the dynamic shadows come from street lamps and other wall lights work fine.

Set car.headlight.intensity in the visualSettings.dat to 0.00, this solution work too but you won't be satisfied with those cars not have the headlights.

So, any suggestion ? :)

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Hi Good i tried to import a model i found on the web in a mod . but for an unknown reason when i try to import it to manhat02.img the game crashes at startup . it's weird cause that model comes from a mod for IV . here's the model . once you got it i remove it

http://www.mediafire...3zd1c/model.zip

Just checked this, here are two files which cause the crash:
sm_boat_main_telecom_pole1.wdr
sm_boat_main_telecom_poles.wdr

No sure why, but in those files you have really mess in shaders.
But, I've try to fix shadres and it still crashes, so I guess you need to deep look at those files.

Out of curiosity, why are you using this dialog window sometimes(like when needed to set game path)
http://blog.dansking...-For-Folder.png
instead of a normal one?
http://i44.tinypic.com/x38tx1.png

The old one is pretty normal for me :)
Anyway, I've just use the Shell API for this dialog, the one which works on all Windows versions.

Well, I guess it's good to know I'm not alone, lol. But just by fully updating Windows, the issues I was experiencing changed to what others are experiencing, so maybe that's a clue?

Not sure that this bug depends on Windows updates, but anyway thanks for note. 

Hi, could it be that when importing a model to EFLC the error "no more then 48 bones allowed per mesh" is thrown even if exactly 48 bones are used?
Do I have to add "no bone" == 0 to the equation? So it would be 48 bone indices + no bone = 49 bones?

The "no more then 48 bones allowed per mesh" is thrown only if you really have more than 48 bones for one geometry.

But i still have some models that they dont take collision ingame but its in the .img file and at the right place but i dont know why it doesnt want to load ingame...

Very Very Strange... As i told you if i want to add any collision even little size file, when the game loads it crashes...

What do think and where it may comes from ?

The collisions may crash if you have something wrong in materials, but this is just a blind guess.

Is there any ways to disable the dynamic shadows casted by the car's headlights on Patch 7 ?
So, any suggestion ? :)

I have no idea.
Also I have no idea why you ask things like this in OpenIV topic.
  • jpm1 likes this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted A week ago

The old one is pretty normal for me :)

I have to pass through several subfolders to reach IV installation. Usually copying the path of the folder from shortcut or opened folder is the fastest way to open that folder in another program, but with that window there's no place to paste copied path. Kinda annoying.
  • Jestic and _CP_ like this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

I have to pass through several subfolders to reach IV installation. Usually copying the path of the folder from shortcut or opened folder is the fastest way to open that folder in another program, but with that window there's no place to paste copied path. Kinda annoying.

Okay guys, in the next maintenance update you will get the dialog you wanted.
00.gif
  • Jestic, ThirteenAG and direstraits like this

drollin
  • drollin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by drollin, A week ago.

The "no more then 48 bones allowed per mesh" is thrown only if you really have more than 48 bones for one geometry.

In 3ds max I weighted 48 bones.
I've checked the .mesh file and there are 48 unique bone indices + 0 for "no bone"

as you know there are up to 4 bone indices per vertex, for example: 12 4 0 0.
I would count this as 2 bones. 

tested this with the open IV 2.2

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 6 days ago

I've checked the .mesh file and there are 48 unique bone indices + 0 for "no bone"

Please, send me your model in openFormats format.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 6 days ago Edited by GooD-NTS, 5 days ago.

Please, send me your model in openFormats format.

I guess it may be useful for someone, this is list of all bones with ID and names from GTA IV and EfLC.
http://openiv.com/pu...D_AND_NAMES.txt

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 5 days ago

Hello GooD-NTS, I seem to have a problem with opening Open IV. A message comes up saying;

[FATAL] Can't start application. Invalid recovery package hash.

Error code: Recovery-005

Please reinstall application.

It has only started to appear today. I did reinstall Open IV (V2.2.0) as suggested, which only fixed the problem temporarily.

What further information do you require?

Regards.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 5 days ago

[FATAL] Can't start application. Invalid recovery package hash.
Error code: Recovery-005
Please reinstall application.

It has only started to appear today. I did reinstall Open IV (V2.2.0) as suggested, which only fixed the problem temporarily.
What further information do you require?

OpenIV keeps copy of downloaded files just in case if any application files will be deleted, so it can restore it.
The archive is here: X:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\New Technology Studio\Apps\OpenIV\Recovery\Package.zip
The "Recovery-005" error says something (I guess antivirus) is changed the file and now it cannot be used as recovery source.

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

So I'm assuming that Max Payne 3 model exporting is never going to happen, could you then at least revert whatever changes you did to the OpenIV model viewer so that stuff like 3d ripper or ninjaripper can be used with it?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 days ago

So I'm assuming that Max Payne 3 model exporting is never going to happen

Here is a big possibility that openFormats for Max Payne 3 models will come with GTA V formats. Because they are pretty similar.

could you then at least revert whatever changes you did to the OpenIV model viewer so that stuff like 3d ripper or ninjaripper can be used with it?

Those changes was made especially for preventing uses rippers on OpenIV, because OpenIV can open and view locked models. They will not be reverted.

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

So you broke a feature on purpose and haven't fixed it for 3 years on purpose? That's cool.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Jestic, 2 days ago.

So you broke a feature on purpose and haven't fixed it for 3 years on purpose? That's cool.

Yeah, all to protect peoples work they put out for free for anyone to enjoy, because what IF you took a mod and edited it! ! That would be totally ridiculous right!

Also, stealing is a not a valid argument as I could steal it anyway, i just wouldn't be able to make my own edits,

I went through pain and hell to get a few Max Payne 3 models for the Vice City 2 mod.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 days ago

This is never was "a feature".

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 5 hours ago

OpenIV 2.2.1

Yet another update for OpenIV, the latest one in this year. This minor update contain some small improvements and fixes. The full change log is available here.

downloadOIV.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users