NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by NTAuthority, 4 weeks ago.

Navmesh import does not seem to like it when SubTreeX elements themselves have 'null' SectorData and SubTreeY elements of their own. IV supports these just fine, however, and this is keeping me from having my navmesh bounds import with the correct size.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Alexander Blade, 4 weeks ago.

There are lots of things that can be nulled or written incorrectly in resources and the game will handle this , however open formats were built not to be as dynamic as rage can handle but to construct resources which are identical to the originals . 

Navmesh import does not seem to like it when SubTreeX elements themselves have 'null' SectorData and SubTreeY elements of their own. IV supports these just fine, however, and this is keeping me from having my navmesh bounds import with the correct size.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago

There are lots of things that can be nulled or written incorrectly in resources and the game will handle this , however open formats were built not to be as dynamic as rage can handle but to construct resources which are identical to the originals . 

nope, not meaning 'null' values, I mean actual trees of elements. the .onv format pretends to support this by having 'SubTree0 null' in every first-level tree element, but when filling this out (and setting SectorData to null as mandated by the game) OpenIV crashes on import.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Update is available for OpenIV 2.2. We have fixed some minor issues.

When I try to import oft files into 3DS Max with the GIMS IV Evo script, I get an error which says "Wrong version resource"
Any idea why?

Try to use OFIO instead of GIMS EVO.

helps someone else who happens to see a second file in open iv closes?
this only happens with this version.

Does it shows any error?

Cant open EFLC Texture files in textures folder..since update.

Does it shows any error?

I guess, this never encountered in original game navmeshes, so that's why it may not be supported by openFormats.

nope, not meaning 'null' values, I mean actual trees of elements. the .onv format pretends to support this by having 'SubTree0 null' in every first-level tree element, but when filling this out (and setting SectorData to null as mandated by the game) OpenIV crashes on import.

Can you send example?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by NTAuthority, 4 weeks ago.

now no 3D viewer window opens at all anymore, including the 'about' window, and exporting to 'openformats' doesn't write any actual file, also crashes on exit

I guess, this never encountered in original game navmeshes, so that's why it may not be supported by openFormats.

Can you send example?

http://refint.org/fi...rs3x3_54_54.zip - this file shows what the format should mostly be like, it's a sector from V that I'd like to import in its original form as I think my attempt at merging the sectors into only 4 is messing up my bound spheres.

Chipsman
  • Chipsman

OpenIV Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Chipsman, 3 weeks ago.

now no 3D viewer window opens at all anymore, including the 'about' window, and exporting to 'openformats' doesn't write any actual file, also crashes on exit

Can you send example?

http://refint.org/fi...rs3x3_54_54.zip - this file shows what the format should mostly be like, it's a sector from V that I'd like to import in its original form as I think my attempt at merging the sectors into only 4 is messing up my bound spheres.

I have fixed the problem with navmeshes, fixes will be included in next update.

• Jestic, Blackbird88 and NTAuthority like this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GooD-NTS, 3 weeks ago.

Another update is available for OpenIV 2.2. Run OpenIV for getting the latest version.

Does this issue is still reproduced on the latest version?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Does this issue is still reproduced on the latest version?

Yes, it sadly still seems to occur. Using an AMD card, by the way, in case some of you changed some setting in D3D initialization that only is supported by NVIDIA.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, it sadly still seems to occur. Using an AMD card, by the way, in case some of you changed some setting in D3D initialization that only is supported by NVIDIA.

It is really strange, because we don't changed anything in D3D initialization for a long time. (btw, I have AND to, and it obviously working fine for me)
Did anyone else have same issues with 3D tools?

NTAuthority, did you try updated navmesh import?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Apparently said 'bug' also affects 'openFormats' import as well as export, so it just ends up hanging on the first file it tries to import, with the progress bar continuing to move but UI being unresponsive.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Whats your Windows version ? Can you please upload crash report while opening model viewer ?

Apparently said 'bug' also affects 'openFormats' import as well as export, so it just ends up hanging on the first file it tries to import, with the progress bar continuing to move but UI being unresponsive.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Whats your Windows version ? Can you please upload crash report while opening model viewer ?

6.4.9860, however prior to the second to last update it worked fine on this platform. Sadly the crash reporting dialog that opens up on exit crashes as well (showing 2 Windows 'has stopped working' errors and sometimes a Delphi runtime error).

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Windows 10 , seriously ? 

6.4.9860, however prior to the second to last update it worked fine on this platform. Sadly the crash reporting dialog that opens up on exit crashes as well (showing 2 Windows 'has stopped working' errors and sometimes a Delphi runtime error).

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Windows 10 , seriously ? 

Can't see why it should not work, especially since it worked perfectly fine prior to said update.

johnthedev
  • johnthedev

Bad Ass MoFo

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I use Windows 10 it's damn good.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GooD-NTS, 3 weeks ago.

So, if you don't see this dialog:

03.png

Means the Direct3D is initialized but obviously not work correct.

Can't see why it should not work, especially since it worked perfectly fine prior to said update.

Just a blind guess, try to reinstall DirectX using this installer,
http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

I use Windows 10 it's damn good.

And I guess you don't have any issues like NTAuthority?

Since OpenIV 2.2 OIV Pachages version 1.1 is supported.
In OIV Pachage 1.1 here one new "Mask" condition for text operations.
Here is basic example of 1.1 Package:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package version="1.1">
	<metadata>
		<name>Test package</name>
		<author>GooD-NTS</author>
		<target>
			<game>IV</game>
		</target>
		<description>Just small test package to show how to use "Mask" condition.</description>
	</metadata>

<content gameID="IV" name="TEST mod" description="Install the script">
		<text:open path="temp\MaskTest.txt" createIfNotExist="False">
			<replace line="$*LINE*" condition="Mask">New line!</replace>
			<delete condition="Mask">#*</delete>
		</text:open>
	</content>
</package>
MaskTest.txt content:
First line
Second line
Line
$ LINE This line what I need
# Some line
This line
The end of file

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by NTAuthority, 3 weeks ago.

So, if you don't see this dialog:

03.png

Means the Direct3D is initialized but obviously not work correct.

Ah, the import relies on your D3D calling methods too?

Just a blind guess, try to reinstall DirectX using this installer,
http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

D3DX runtime DLLs seem to work fine, the installer didn't do anything as all the runtime libraries are present. I also tried recording a call stream with PIX for investigation as to which call fails, however when trying to run OpenIV with PIX it instantly crashes around a Direct3DCreate9 call early on.

Anyway, other D3D[9-11] applications work perfectly fine, it's just these recent updates of OpenIV that are acting up :/

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, OpenIV creates D3D instance for formats importing, but it is uses only for graphical resources like textures and models.

Anyway, other D3D[9-11] applications work perfectly fine, it's just these recent updates of OpenIV that are acting up :/

Did version 2.2 (build 540) ever worked for you?

How to configure OpenIV viewing tools

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, OpenIV creates D3D instance for formats importing, but it is uses only for graphical resources like textures and models.

Did version 2.2 (build 540) ever worked for you?

If this is the version released some time around the 31st/1st, no, that was the first version I was having issues with - the version before worked a few hours before, and no environmental changes (drivers, OS build update, ...) occurred between those versions, not even a reboot.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yet another update is available for OpenV 2.2, Direct3D issue is fixed now.
Thanks NTAuthority for helping resolving this issue.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by NTAuthority, 3 weeks ago.

OpenV 2.2

Renaming the tool? :p

Again, thanks for working with me to resolve the issue I was having.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hi guys . Good , there are 2 tags in AppData folder which one do i have to back up for the vehicle.img cars tags

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

OpenV 2.2

Renaming the tool? :p

ha ha, fatal misprint :D

Hi guys . Good , there are 2 tags in AppData folder which one do i have to back up for the vehicle.img cars tags

There are separate Tags.xml for each game. For example:
GTA IV - "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\New Technology Studio\OpenIV\pc\IV\Tags.xml"
EfLC - "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\New Technology Studio\OpenIV\pc\EFLC\Tags.xml"
So, you must to backup the one which is for your game.
  • jpm1 likes this

J.A.G.
  • J.A.G.

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ever since 2.1, if I click on any file in the OpenIV window, I cannot do anything else afterwards without clicking back, then forward first. For example, if I open the vehicles.img and view the admiral.wft, once I close out the viewer window, I cannot do anything else. I would have to click the back button and reopen the vehicles.img to be able to view any other .wft or .wtd in the vehicles.img. But it is not just the .imgs or .rpfs. It's any file, in any folder. If I was in the main screen and double clicked the lang.ini then closed the window that pops up, the lang.ini remains selected in the main screen and I would not be able to open any other file. The other files will turn blue if the cursor hovers over them, but I cannot select them. I have to go to another screen or folder and back again to open another file. There are no errors and it does not crash. I just can't open up more than one file at a time without navigating to another folder and back first.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Ever since 2.1, if I click on any file in the OpenIV window, I cannot do anything else afterwards without clicking back, then forward first. For example, if I open the vehicles.img and view the admiral.wft, once I close out the viewer window, I cannot do anything else. I would have to click the back button and reopen the vehicles.img to be able to view any other .wft or .wtd in the vehicles.img. But it is not just the .imgs or .rpfs. It's any file, in any folder. If I was in the main screen and double clicked the lang.ini then closed the window that pops up, the lang.ini remains selected in the main screen and I would not be able to open any other file. The other files will turn blue if the cursor hovers over them, but I cannot select them. I have to go to another screen or folder and back again to open another file. There are no errors and it does not crash. I just can't open up more than one file at a time without navigating to another folder and back first.

This is really odd issue. Can you provide more information about your system? Windows version etc, any specific soft or so?

J.A.G.
  • J.A.G.

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I seem to be the master of odd issues in every aspect of my life, lol. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The system is a 3ghz Phenom II x4 with 8gb RAM and a 1gb GTX460v2. I don't really have any odd software installed, but my pc is not fully updated (Windows is still bugging me about some updates, but I've been too lazy to, lol).

I did notice that I can view more than one file without navigating away and back by very carefully right-clicking and dragging the cursor over one file, then clicking view.

I'll try fully updating my PC and see what happens. That's what the common sense part of my brain has telling me to do, but the lazy part has been saying "f**k it".

henry_
  • henry_

Niko Bellic's Biggest fan

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Hey just wandering will there ever be support for OpenFormats for GTA V or an Animation Viewer for GTA V? Thanks.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Hey just wandering will there ever be support for OpenFormats for GTA V or an Animation Viewer for GTA V? Thanks.

Yes, it will be implemented after PC release of GTA V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users