Photo

[REL] OpenIV (including openFormats)

2,576 replies to this topic
GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

Hey Good. Is there a way to not update OpenIV yet until the new 3Ds max Scripts are released? Because if OpenIV updates now, I can't do any modding until those scripts gets updated.

I was holding release for a week, to make sure script will be update as soon as possible.
GIMS IV was updated a hour later after OpenIV release.

PS. It would be great if OpenIV can one day be able to work with .wpfl (particles)...

Sorry, but no new features for GTA IV anymore.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

But I can't use GIMS IV because it works only on Max 2012 and not Max 2009.

I need to wait for OFIO which has been updated but someone said that it has bugged normal maps worse than before. I need to wait for Alexander to fix it.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hey Good. Is there a way to not update OpenIV yet until the new 3Ds max Scripts are released? Because if OpenIV updates now, I can't do any modding until those scripts gets updated.

I was holding release for a week, to make sure script will be update as soon as possible.

PS. It would be great if OpenIV can one day be able to work with .wpfl (particles)...

Since .wpfl won't be editable anytime soon or ever, is there a way to make GTA IV load or own particles?
How would one create a new particle?

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

OK Good, thanks for the notification. :)

I also want to know the answer to quechus's question. But from what I know, that is impossible if we can't create our custom WPFL. That's where they store all the information related to the particle.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

This tool may interest who uses openiv:

I dont want be too much pretentious but i have 2 requests:

1 - Be able to control animation playback and timescale in the Animation Viewer and see playback percentage info - The idea is make user able to see what percent of the anim correspond to a certain pose, this is very useful for scripts that need to control animation :).

2 - Add a "wildcard" search style to the Package commands for text files, for example, be able to search for a string that starts with $*polmav*, so, a string that starts with $ and have polmav in the sequence will fit the search, this way we can implement a precise line deletion/replacement for vehicles that need extra lines like helicopters and boats.

something like this: <delete line="%*jetmax*" condition="StartWith"></delete>

Please forgive me if one of those already exists.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Since .wpfl won't be editable anytime soon or ever, is there a way to make GTA IV load or own particles?
How would one create a new particle?

I also want to know the answer to quechus's question. But from what I know, that is impossible if we can't create our custom WPFL. That's where they store all the information related to the particle.

As far I know here is no way to create or edit particles.

1 - Be able to control animation playback and timescale in the Animation Viewer and see playback percentage info - The idea is make user able to see what percent of the anim correspond to a certain pose, this is very useful for scripts that need to control animation :).

Good request, I will think what I can do there.

2 - Add a "wildcard" search style to the Package commands for text files, for example, be able to search for a string that starts with $*polmav*, so, a string that starts with $ and have polmav in the sequence will fit the search, this way we can implement a precise line deletion/replacement for vehicles that need extra lines like helicopters and boats.

Ok, I add this in next version of .OIV format.
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit likes this

Chipsman
  • Chipsman

OpenIV Team

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

• PacketOVerload_x64Bit likes this

croopor
  • croopor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, I have a problem with installing.I download 1.5 version, i pick my language and then when it gets to the screen where i accept the terms and conditions it freezes and not responding.How can I fix this?

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can't wait for GTA V on PC, modding is going to come so quickly. It's already come so far with knowledge from IV/RDR/MP3.

Speaking of MP3, any more progress on exporting or replacing WDR/WDD? You know how much I want it.

Olanov
  • Olanov

Police Officer

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can't wait for GTA V on PC, modding is going to come so quickly. It's already come so far with knowledge from IV/RDR/MP3.

Speaking of MP3, any more progress on exporting or replacing WDR/WDD? You know how much I want it.

I'm also interested in this. A lot.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, I have a problem with installing.I download 1.5 version, i pick my language and then when it gets to the screen where i accept the terms and conditions it freezes and not responding.How can I fix this?

Can you please show the log file to me.
It is located here: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Temp\OpenIV_Setup_Install.log

I'm also interested in this. A lot.

I know you want it people, but we have some unresolved issue here(with cloth and skinning) and we can't make formats before we solve this issue.

Olanov
  • Olanov

Police Officer

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm glad to hear you folks are working on it, take your time. I don't mean to come off as impatient, I was just more curious to hear what's happening with it.

ma5cc
  • ma5cc

Player Hater

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 3 weeks ago

hi , whenever i open animation viewer for eflc i get this error

B6F79839.png

here is the error information

Time: "05:10:59"
Type: "EAccessViolation"
Message: "Access violation at address 00729BB8 in module 'OpenIV.exe'. Read of address 00000000"

Additional information:
[Application Context]
GameID=EFLC (EfLC)
CurrentArchive=C:\Program Files\Black_Box\GTA IV + EFLC\old\EFLC\ (TGameContentArchive)
Platform=pc
Temp=C:\Users\Os1\AppData\Local\Temp\OpenIV_00E97929\

[Application Windows]
TErrorWindow=OpenIV - Application error
TIVAnimViewerWindow=OpenIV Animation Viewer
TMainWindow=OpenIV - game - [Read only mode]
TActionsModule=ActionsModule

Release: 1.6.0.470 10.03.2014
  Address: "0x00729BB8"
  Procedure: "Rage.Resources.IO.TRageResourceFile.ReadSignatureAndHeader"
  Unit: "Rage.Resources.IO.pas", Line: "180"

Stack:
[00729BB8] Rage.Resources.IO.TRageResourceFile.ReadSignatureAndHeader (Line 180, "Rage.Resources.IO.pas" + 3) + $B
[76F171F7] RtlRaiseStatus + $B2
[76F171C6] RtlRaiseStatus + $81
[76EEF982] Unknown function at RtlGetGroupSecurityDescriptor + $2C6
[76F2658F] Unknown function at _wcsnicmp + $C93
[76F2656B] Unknown function at _wcsnicmp + $C6F
[76F17052] KiUserExceptionDispatcher + $A
[00729D7B] Rage.Resources.IO.TRageResourceFile.ReadStreamAndCreateSegments (Line 202, "Rage.Resources.IO.pas" + 1) + $4
[00729807] Rage.Resources.IO.TRageResourceFile.Create (Line 113, "Rage.Resources.IO.pas" + 5) + $4
[00E62B54] Tools.DrawableViewer.GTAIVProcessor.CResource.LoadPtr<gta.Drawable.gtaDrawable> (Line 196, "Rage.Resources.pas" + -44) + $18
[00F21286] Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.ActorClasses.CPed.CreateFromWDRs (Line 317, "Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.ActorClasses.pas" + 4) + $18
[00F3094D] Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.PedAnim.CPedAnimationViewer.LoadPlayerped (Line 370, "Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.PedAnim.pas" + 9) + $9
[00F307A6] Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.PedAnim.CPedAnimationViewer.LoadPedModel (Line 339, "Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.PedAnim.pas" + 5) + $4
[00F2FCC3] Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.PedAnim.CPedAnimationViewer.Create (Line 200, "Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.PedAnim.pas" + 5) + $10
[00F9355D] Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.Render.CDXBaseAnimationRender.ShowPedAnimationViewer$55616$ActRec.$0$Body (Line 244, "Tools.GTAIVAnimViewer.Render.pas" + 4) + $17
[004C4205] System.Classes.TAnonymousThread.Execute + $5
[004C4576] System.Classes.ThreadProc + $42
[004095D8] System.ThreadWrapper + $28
[7447ED5A] BaseThreadInitThunk + $10
[76F337E9] Unknown function at RtlInitializeExceptionChain + $ED
[76F337B9] Unknown function at RtlInitializeExceptionChain + $BD

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah I suppose cloth physics are the biggest hurdle. It wasn't in IV, something fairly new to the engine. 

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do you have any PlayerPed mod installed?

ma5cc
  • ma5cc

Player Hater

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ma5cc, 3 weeks ago.

Do you have any PlayerPed mod installed?

yes i do have the Franklin  protagonist model from gta v as a player model and the other two protagonist are ped model , is that the case i get this error ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also i have another question about : PS3 AWC Decoder for Grand Theft Auto V

could you add support for xbox ? , at least help me to release a mod that am working on

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

yes i do have the Franklin  protagonist model from gta v as a player model and the other two protagonist are ped model , is that the case i get this error ?

Yes it may be the reason of issue. Can you please give me link to this mod.

could you add support for xbox ? , at least help me to release a mod that am working on

The decoder for xbox can't be made as easily as for PS3 because PS3 version uses simple mp3 format and xbox is not.
I think it will be easily for you to get AWC files from PS3 version.

ma5cc
  • ma5cc

Player Hater

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes it may be the reason of issue. Can you please give me link to this mod.

The decoder for xbox can't be made as easily as for PS3 because PS3 version uses simple mp3 format and xbox is not.
I think it will be easily for you to get AWC files from PS3 version.

I MODDED them myself.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why can't I replace the normal maps in .wdr?

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why can't I replace the normal maps in .wdr?

You can. Just export the WDR and replace the DDS file from the normal map. Import the ODR back in. Your normal map should now be replaced.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 days ago

Collected plenty of Max Payne 3 GXT entries by now:

http://pastebin.com/yKJXnqkn

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

PS3 AWC Decoder for Grand Theft Auto V

This small tool allows you to convert GTAV AWC files to mp3 or wav audio. (works only with PS3 version of GTAV.)
30.png

Features:
  • Open single file or process selected folder;
  • Export audio to MP3, WAV or Multichannel WAV (only in streams);
  • Support command line arguments, can be used by other tool or in scritps;
Command line arguments: 
GTAV_PS3_AWCDecoder.exe [/FILE | /FOLDER] input [/MP3 | /WAV | /STERIO_WAV] destination

/FILE		Process single file.
	/FOLDER		Process folder with sub folders.
	input		Specifies the file or folder to be processed.
	/MP3		Export audio channels as separated MP3 files.
	/WAV		Export audio channels as separated WAV files. Converted from MP3, will take more time.
	/STERIO_WAV		Export audio channels as Multichannel WAV (only in streams) files. Converted from MP3, will take more time.
	destination		Specifies the output directory.

Examples:

GTAV_PS3_AWCDecoder.exe /FILE "C:\DATA_V\cargobob.awc" /MP3 "C:\DATA_V\out\"
	GTAV_PS3_AWCDecoder.exe /FOLDER "C:\DATA_V\AUDIO\" /MP3 "C:\DATA_V\out\"

Donwload: http://bit.ly/GTAVPS3AWC

Just to bump this, Chris informed me the other day when trying it out from being curious, you should change the name of this, it also works with the PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption, it appears they used native MP3 for that game to and the exporter works just fine with the awc's from that game. Not tried any other PS3 games yet so don't know if it will also work with Max Payne 3 or Midnight Club LA.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

Collected plenty of Max Payne 3 GXT entries by now:
http://pastebin.com/yKJXnqkn

Thanks for your contribution.

Just to bump this, Chris informed me the other day when trying it out from being curious, you should change the name of this, it also works with the PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption, it appears they used native MP3 for that game to and the exporter works just fine with the awc's from that game. Not tried any other PS3 games yet so don't know if it will also work with Max Payne 3 or Midnight Club LA.

Grand Theft Auto V, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 uses the same audio format, so decoder will work with these games.
But it have only "GTAV_AudioTracks.txt" so for other games you will not get correct track names and multi-channel audio will not be merged.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Interesting to know, I've only been trying the native MP3 exporting as a lot of RDR's stuff is mono anyway (like the Piano Music, etc).

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted A day ago Edited by DrDean, A day ago.

For Max Payne 3/GTA V, cloth skin weights aren't that important right now, are they? Nullify the cloth skin for now and get Max Payne 3 WDR/WDD support with GIMS/OFIO out. :p If anything, I am more interested in blendshapes/morph maps or implementing detail textures than getting cloth simulation working. 

• Frank.s likes this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted A day ago

Interesting to know, I've only been trying the native MP3 exporting as a lot of RDR's stuff is mono anyway (like the Piano Music, etc).

They maybe not mono, you need to know track(channels) names to determine which is mono and which is not.

For Max Payne 3/GTA V, cloth skin weights aren't that important right now, are they?

The are very important, without it we can't create proper openFormats.

If anything, I am more interested in blendshapes/morph maps or implementing detail textures than getting cloth simulation working.

Currently Blendshapes are not researched at all.

How to import/export GTA IV/EfLC vehicles models to 3Ds Max [OpenIV/openFormats/OFIO]

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

They maybe not mono, you need to know track(channels) names to determine which is mono and which is not.

The Piano Saloon stuff is Mono, I've come across some stereo stuff, again, only using MP3 extract here, on tracks like Dead Man's Gun and Far Away, and from what I can tell, apart from the names being gibberish, it usually dumps Left Side first and then Right Side, but I've only checked those two tracks stereo wise first. Dynamic mix stuff is pretty much like GTAV, multiple layers, each having a left and right for each Instrument.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users