[REL] OpenIV (including openFormats)

2,870 replies to this topic
lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

That's unexpected. Now to replace all of Passos' lines with fart sounds...

I was thinking of doing a Downfall parody mod with Max's monologue replaced by Hitler's in Der Untergang, complete with fake subtitles to go along with it.

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Can we do audio replacements in OIV packages? Is there documentation for it now?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

@GamerShotgun thank you for your very useful comment.

The PS3 version of the game uses basic MP3 for Audio, which means it can be exported without the need of converting or even touching it too much, the problem of course is that Stereo streams are interleaved, now this interleave gets applied when converting to WAVE, where it's then dumped out as two mono LPCM tracks, one for LEFT and one for RIGHT (at least that's how LibertyV does it), now what I was wondering, if it's possible to just take and apply the interleave values to the files themselves, I know this would require some work and possible porting of an MP3 joiner into the code, of which there are many open source variants around. I realise this may be a bit of a, ..well, large task for such little payoff, but for those using the PS3 version to check the audio, this would mean they'd be able to get the audio from the game as cleanly as possible with no re-encoding to be done, you'd be getting the files in the exact quality and size Rockstar converted them at for the game, MONO stuff already works fine using this method:

Yes, you are right. In Multi-channel audio streams channels are interleaved. Look, here is a simple schema:
28.png
So as you can see if you trying to decode it linearly you will get "interleaved issue". I think the best way to get proper stereo file on out it: Extract audio data from each channel separately and then mix it into one Multi-channel audio file. This is the way how OpenIV works with audio files.
Unfortunately, personalty I never work with mp3 encoding and my programs don't have support for PS3 awc files.

Can we do audio replacements in OIV packages? Is there documentation for it now?

Yes, you can manipulate with AWC files in OIV packages in same way like with all other files.
Begin from 1.5.5 version OpenIV will edit big archives (like audio.rpf) correctly.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by Ash_735, 11 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Ah ha, so it's that #N Data that's causing the problems in earlier tests. In which case, it could be simple by putting together each part in a row, so all the block #1's get combined and dumped as is and then all the block #2's get combined and dumped as is WITHOUT converting, that way you'd have a clean Left and Right MP3 direct from the game, just a case of merger them and setting each stream as specific LEFT and RIGHT. And voila, clean MP3's direct from the game without the need to convert and transcode even more and losing quality.

edit: Just saw the line about you nt working with the PS3 version, you guys should look into it, audio wise it's MUCH better than the Xbox 360 version, Rockstar went with an odd choice on the PS3 by using MP3 for the audio with quality across the scales, with most music being roughly VBR 144kbps - 160kbps and overall seems better handled, for example there's no clipping issues on SoulWax FM on the PS3 version.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Ah ha, so it's that #N Data that's causing the problems in earlier tests. In which case, it could be simple by putting together each part in a row, so all the block #1's get combined and dumped as is and then all the block #2's get combined and dumped as is WITHOUT converting, that way you'd have a clean Left and Right MP3 direct from the game, just a case of merger them and setting each stream as specific LEFT and RIGHT. And voila, clean MP3's direct from the game without the need to convert and transcode even more and losing quality.

Yes, it almost easy as you say :) But, PS3 AWC files have some additional data in blocks which must be considered while processing. Earlier I did not know about this fact.

edit: Just saw the line about you nt working with the PS3 version, you guys should look into it, audio wise it's MUCH better than the Xbox 360 version, Rockstar went with an odd choice on the PS3 by using MP3 for the audio with quality across the scales, with most music being roughly VBR 144kbps - 160kbps and overall seems better handled, for example there's no clipping issues on SoulWax FM on the PS3 version.

Yes, we have look at PS3 Audio after your previous message, and now we made support for GTAV PS3 audio in .black.
But, good news is now I working on public converter which allows anyone to decode GTAV PS3 Audio AWC files to MP3 or WAV.

29.png

It will support command line arguments, so it can be used by other tool or in automatic scripts.

• Ash_735 and Deadly Target like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

And that I will look forward to getting my hands on, you guys worked fast there. :)

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

PS3 AWC Decoder for Grand Theft Auto V

This small tool allows you to convert GTAV AWC files to mp3 or wav audio. (works only with PS3 version of GTAV.)
30.png

Features:
  • Open single file or process selected folder;
  • Export audio to MP3, WAV or Multichannel WAV (only in streams);
  • Support command line arguments, can be used by other tool or in scritps;
Command line arguments: 
GTAV_PS3_AWCDecoder.exe [/FILE | /FOLDER] input [/MP3 | /WAV | /STERIO_WAV] destination

/FILE		Process single file.
	/FOLDER		Process folder with sub folders.
	input		Specifies the file or folder to be processed.
	/MP3		Export audio channels as separated MP3 files.
	/WAV		Export audio channels as separated WAV files. Converted from MP3, will take more time.
	/STERIO_WAV		Export audio channels as Multichannel WAV (only in streams) files. Converted from MP3, will take more time.
	destination		Specifies the output directory.

Examples:

GTAV_PS3_AWCDecoder.exe /FILE "C:\DATA_V\cargobob.awc" /MP3 "C:\DATA_V\out\"
	GTAV_PS3_AWCDecoder.exe /FOLDER "C:\DATA_V\AUDIO\" /MP3 "C:\DATA_V\out\"

Donwload: http://bit.ly/GTAVPS3AWC
  • Ash_735 and Silent like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:10 PM Edited by jpm1, 12 January 2014 - 07:10 PM.

what i was recently looking for , it's an importer that would allow to import large audio files for PC version . i would like to change some pc version radios that have large files (Beat95,boby konders ..) , and see how the game reacts . unfortunatly AMAI does not allow to do this . i tried to import small files with AMAI but there was always an impact on the FPS , i would like to try with radios that have only one huge file ..

Shingouki2002
  • Shingouki2002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I dont know any other place to ask this information at, so please can you help me?

I have two different texture packs, one from NeoPhyte and another from DKt70, along with a few other mods that edit the same .img files. I would liked to use OpenIV to merge the changes from the other .img files, such as DKT70's into Neophtye's texture packs. But I have no idea how to do it. When I try opening two .img files, in Open IV only one gets shown at a time, and I'm pretty sure that copying and pasting will just overwrite what's there.

Is there a simple way to import the files from one .img to another without having to export their files?

If so can someone tell me step by step how to go about doing this?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

objects textures are set in the ide . if you want to have a specific texture for a particular object you need to create a new wtd and tell the object in the ide where the textures is , what its name is . you have objects ide explaination here

Terreur69
  • Terreur69

C2C - Down The Road

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:39 PM Edited by terreur69, 19 January 2014 - 01:40 PM.

hey good , i have many probleme when i import dds into txd .

Spoiler

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

what i was recently looking for , it's an importer that would allow to import large audio files for PC version . i would like to change some pc version radios that have large files (Beat95,boby konders ..) , and see how the game reacts . unfortunatly AMAI does not allow to do this . i tried to import small files with AMAI but there was always an impact on the FPS , i would like to try with radios that have only one huge file ..

Unfortunately, I don't know any tools to proper edit GTA IV audio files.

Is there a simple way to import the files from one .img to another without having to export their files?

No, here is no easy way. You need extract both .IMG and replace only needed files.

hey good , i have many probleme when i import dds into txd .

Please send to me your .DDS and .WTD files.

Firstyminator
  • Firstyminator

NPK Developer Team

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

Not sure if any of you have encountered this issue :) But have to try to figure out what i am doing wrong :) 

I am getting a crash everytime i try to create myself a OIV package file. And it looks like this |

crash.png

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

Firstyminator, It is odd to have this kind error with Package Installer. Do you always have it?

Anyway, I will try to do something about it in next release.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

i was trying to edit the playerped.rpf (is possible?) and i got this error in my try:

Time: "05:22:17"
Type: "EStringListError"

Additional information:
[Application Context]
GameID=IV (GTA IV)
Platform=pc
CurrentArchive=C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV 1.0.7.0\ (TGameContentArchive)

[Application Windows]
TPackageInstallerWindow=OpenIV Package Installer
TErrorWindow=OpenIV - Application error

Release: 1.5.0.443 22.07.2013
  Address: "0x004B253F"
  Procedure: "System.Classes.TStringList.Delete"
  Unit: "System.Classes", Line: "0"

Stack:
[004B253A] System.Classes.TStringList.Delete + $1A
[00F49230] Tools.PackageInstaller.Classes.TPackageInstaller.AddOrReplaceFile (Line 335, "Tools.PackageInstaller.Classes.pas" + 16) + $7
[00F48EC8] Tools.PackageInstaller.Classes.TPackageInstaller.ProcessArchive (Line 279, "Tools.PackageInstaller.Classes.pas" + 8) + $11
[00F48B03] Tools.PackageInstaller.Classes.TPackageInstaller.ProcessGameContent (Line 200, "Tools.PackageInstaller.Classes.pas" + 66) + $15
[00F48708] Tools.PackageInstaller.Classes.TPackageInstaller.Install (Line 86, "Tools.PackageInstaller.Classes.pas" + 4) + $18
[00F50ADA] Tools.PackageInstaller.Window.TPackageInstallerRenderWindow.BeginInstall$68469$ActRec.$1$Body (Line 1017, "Tools.PackageInstaller.Window.pas" + 8) + $18
[004C40C5] System.Classes.TAnonymousThread.Execute + $5
[004C4436] System.Classes.ThreadProc + $42
[004095D8] System.ThreadWrapper + $28
[77103675] BaseThreadInitThunk + $10
[77DA9D70] Unknown function at RtlInitializeExceptionChain + $61
[77DA9D40] Unknown function at RtlInitializeExceptionChain + $31
the code on assembly.xml is this one:
<content gameID="IV" name="Install 2" description="Install the script">    
  <archive:open path="pc\models\cdimages\playerped.rpf" createIfNotExist="False" type="RPF3">
           <add source="content\Models\to IV\playerped edit\feet_000_u.wdr">feet_000_u.wdr</add>
       </archive:open>
   </content>

also tryed with type RPF2 with same result

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

julionib you need use full file path in RPF archives.
So, if your case it will be:

<content gameID="IV" name="Install 2" description="Install the script">    
  <archive:open path="pc\models\cdimages\playerped.rpf" createIfNotExist="False" type="RPF2">
           <add source="content\Models\to IV\playerped edit\feet_000_u.wdr">/feet_000_u.wdr</add>
      </archive:open>
   </content>

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by julionib, 04 February 2014 - 10:35 PM.

perfect

so, the wrong line dont have the "/" before the inserted file name:

<add source="content\Models\to IV\playerped edit\feet_000_u.wdr">feet_000_u.wdr</add>

correct is:

<add source="content\Models\to IV\playerped edit\feet_000_u.wdr">/feet_000_u.wdr</add>

there is a option to add some kind of Try Except ignoring errors during setup? In some cases i need to check if user has a determined line and then remove, but when the line dont exists i get error

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:42 AM Edited by jpm1, 10 February 2014 - 04:51 AM.

hi Good i canno't export odr . whatever i try to export i get a corrupted file

Edit : there's no problem

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

Hi! I came across with a small issue in OpenIV. I tried openIV .oft import/export option. I noticed that some areas where normal map should be are gone when exporting a car to oft and importing back to wft not even changing anything in the files. Like for example the mirrors, originally they do reflect but after re-import they don't. Diffuse map seems to be ok.

Victim_Crasher
  • Victim_Crasher

1 + 1 = 2 ?

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Have been using OpenIV for a really long time and i love it :)

(Just want to asking)

So yesterday, when i do my usual things, modding IV.... my house power was down when i was rebuild some .img
After some checking afterwards, the .img wouldn't open (Which is no big deal... i have backup)

Since i have to save my HDD
Is rebuilding .img in OpenIV using some temp folder? if yes, where is it?

I'm afraid some leftover from the last rebuild times is still exist and maybe have to be deleted

Any respond will be apreciated

Thanks for advance :)

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:41 AM

there is a option to add some kind of Try Except ignoring errors during setup? In some cases i need to check if user has a determined line and then remove, but when the line dont exists i get error

I will think what I can do here.

Hi! I came across with a small issue in OpenIV. I tried openIV .oft import/export option. I noticed that some areas where normal map should be are gone when exporting a car to oft and importing back to wft not even changing anything in the files. Like for example the mirrors, originally they do reflect but after re-import they don't. Diffuse map seems to be ok.

Probable I know why this happens. Few weeks ago we found big issue in openFormats.
In the .mesh files which represents vertex buffer the fourth component of Tangent value is not used, so after import it always equal zero.
This issue will be fixed in next update.

Check your temp folder: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Temp\
  • Victim_Crasher likes this

Victim_Crasher
  • Victim_Crasher

1 + 1 = 2 ?

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Check your temp folder: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Temp\

Thanks, you have been very helpfull :lol:

Rebuild.jpg

Sorry for pic dumping

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

ATTENTION

In the next release OpenIV - 1.6 the version of *.mesh files in openFormats for GTA IV models will be changed.
This will affect all models - .odr/.odd/.oft
The changes affect TANGENT value in vertexes. The changes are necessary because now it all not work right and we can't fix it without formats changes.

Warning:
* Current version of scripts/tools will not be able to work with new formats. (Updates are required from scripts/tools authors)
* OpenIV will not work with old formats. (You need use updated scripts/tools)

Remember this, because OpenIV will automatically updated to latest version when it arrives.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:26 PM Edited by chasez, 16 February 2014 - 11:29 PM.

ATTENTION

In the next release OpenIV - 1.6 the version of *.mesh files in openFormats for GTA IV models will be changed.
The changes affect TANGENT value in vertexes. The changes are necessary because now it all not work right and we can't fix it without formats changes.

Warning:
* Current version of scripts/tools will not be able to work with new formats. (Updates are required from scripts/tools authors)

Remember this, because OpenIV will automatically updated to latest version when it arrives.

As long as it's working it's fine with me :)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

ATTENTION

Warning:

As long as it's working it's fine with me :)

Yeah, but that would mean waiting for 3Doomer or Alex to update their Max scripts. :/

PingPang
  • PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

ATTENTION

Warning:

Can you explain how this affects the 3d models for the layman?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, but that would mean waiting for 3Doomer or Alex to update their Max scripts. :/

They already work to make updates for their scripts.

The Normal mapping will work on models.
  • PingPang likes this

PingPang
  • PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

I see, thanks for the explanation GooD. :)

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

I thought normal maps work on models even with current openIV or perhaps even older ones?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

I thought normal maps work on models even with current openIV or perhaps even older ones?

Well, they do as far as I observed when I imported a bunch of models back to the game, except for the fact that in some cases they don't show up as they should.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users