• European-Union

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

works fine here http://openiv.com/We...guest.php?get=1

Fuzkeren
  • Fuzkeren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

My anti-virus picks that up as a threat, so just to confirm: The file is completely safe?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

of course it's safe man . Open IV is one of the best and powerful modding tool i ever saw ;)

Fuzkeren
  • Fuzkeren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by Fuzkeren, 24 October 2013 - 04:34 PM.

Ah.. I thought you were linking to a mirror-download, not the official site. I'll try to calm my antivirus down so I can download it properly and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: It worked! The whole problem was Avast blocking the download/site.

Thanks!

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hi , in the songs browser there should be a duration column

Capture_zps754317cc.jpg

This is not song browser it is file browser. Unfortunately, I'm not able to add "Song Duration" as a column because it will ruin all universality and it required to read all files in archive which also will affect performance.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

ok Good , not very important as once you have modded the radios you won't come to it again . it would have been a small + but not a big deal :)

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi Good-NTS

Do you happen to know why spot lights shine through objects? Omni Lights and corona have this problem but I never know why spot lights will shine through objects as well??

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

if we could have a preview even static of the vehicles in vehicles.img , if would be cool . like this

Capture_zps14264389.jpg

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

if we could have a preview even static of the vehicles in vehicles.img , if would be cool . like this

Capture_zps14264389.jpg

It's possible, theoretically, but that would take some pre-caching (i.e. doing a quick render of all the vehicles/peds/etc.).

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by jpm1, 29 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

i know that's why i said that maybe the solution would be a static image , why not a screenshot of the vehicle front . the idea is to find quickly the Mustang you've recently modded to replace it by the one better you've just found you know . but it's not a priority cause i discovered a thing i do not use often myself .. and maybe i should , it's the tags . you can tag the cars , and you're done

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Do you happen to know why spot lights shine through objects? Omni Lights and corona have this problem but I never know why spot lights will shine through objects as well??

I have no idea why it may be. But, it is happen with all objects or only with custom?

http://s21.photobuck...264389.jpg.html

I really hope to make the preview feature in one of the next versions.

It's possible, theoretically, but that would take some pre-caching (i.e. doing a quick render of all the vehicles/peds/etc.).

i know that's why i said that maybe the solution would be a static image , why not a screenshot of the vehicle front . the idea is to find quickly the Mustang you've recently modded to replace it by the one better you've just found you know.

Of course it will be static image (for models), and it will be created and cached when user try to preview file in the first time. And it will be updated in cache if file is changed.

Hi , in the songs browser there should be a duration column
http://s21.photobuck...4317cc.jpg.html

The audio files also will have preview feature.

it's the tags . you can tag the cars , and you're done

Btw, your case with tags will be fixed in next update.

Some news: Now OpenIV have new official twitter account: https://twitter.com/OpenIV

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by jpm1, 30 October 2013 - 07:32 PM.

@Ash_735 Why don't you make better tool? So me or all of us will give money to you!!! 

i have to agree with that . nobody forced Good to do his tool . anything coming from him is like consacrated bread for me . even if he did what he said to stop the development if the cash goal wasn't reached , we would still have a very optimized tool for an outstanding game . when i used to play often FS 2004 i saw lot of payware that didn't reach OIV ankle

@ Good : thanks for the bug fix

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Don't bring up that argument again, GooDS has proved his point, he doesn't want anyone to have access to his special versions because f*ck you.

I've pointed out ways around the problems he's had, and he refuses to accept it, ways which would make the program available to everyone without the need of any problems, he's had offers from people on this to help him, etc, and his public stance on this was "oh I must have forgot" and the refuses to do or mention it again.

I'm happy that you're happy with a limited tool, but GooDS and his band of merry men have access to a much more profound tool that works across multiple games and platforms. Which he refuses to share with the world, even those that do help don't get to keep it in most cases.

So screw him and OpenIV, I withdrew my support for the project, if people want an open source alternative for GTAV they can check out LibertyV, which GooDS considers spam only because it proves there is a way to distribute console viewing support around his bullsh*t paper thin reasons.

• GamerShotgun, TJGM and rjuds82 like this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:57 AM Edited by lpgunit, 02 November 2013 - 05:57 AM.

http://s21.photobuck...264389.jpg.html

I really hope to make the preview feature in one of the next versions.

i know that's why i said that maybe the solution would be a static image , why not a screenshot of the vehicle front . the idea is to find quickly the Mustang you've recently modded to replace it by the one better you've just found you know.

Of course it will be static image (for models), and it will be created and cached when user try to preview file in the first time. And it will be updated in cache if file is changed.

Some news: Now OpenIV have new official twitter account: https://twitter.com/OpenIV

I almost forgot to note that 3DS Max does have that feature in their project load/save dialogue boxes, where they show a thumbnail of the scene.

As for the Twitter account, it shows up as suspended on my end. :(

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

I look forward to reviewing this tool heavily when I get home from work today.

Curious though, does this tool (or any that you're aware of) have the ability to open .XMT filetypes?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

Don't bring up that argument again, GooDS has proved his point, he doesn't want anyone to have access to his special versions because f*ck you.

I'm sure I not said "f*ck you" as the reason because.

I've pointed out ways around the problems he's had, and he refuses to accept it, ways which would make the program available to everyone without the need of any problems, he's had offers from people on this to help him, etc, and his public stance on this was "oh I must have forgot" and the refuses to do or mention it again.

What people you talking about?

I'm happy that you're happy with a limited tool, but GooDS and his band of merry men have access to a much more profound tool that works across multiple games and platforms.

What you expect from .black? You think it can do all things just like OpenIV? But, no, it can't.
You know funny fact why OpenIV is so special - because of quality and support. And other consoles games in .black do not have this quality and do not have support. In this case .black is a limited tool, not OpenIV.

So screw him and OpenIV, I withdrew my support for the project, if people want an open source alternative for GTAV they can check out LibertyV, which GooDS considers spam only because it proves there is a way to distribute console viewing support around his bullsh*t paper thin reasons.

I personally do not believe in open-source, but this my position is not related gta modding.
Back in 2008, SparkIV was open-source too, but if you look now at progress in OpenIV you will see that "open-source" is not mean anything. And btw, Aru (the creator of SparkIV) have access to .black.

...which GooDS considers spam only because...

Listen, I not come to LibertyV topics and forums and not post links/reference to OpenIV, so I expect same from it.

As for the Twitter account, it shows up as suspended on my end. :(

Yes, working on this issue.

Curious though, does this tool (or any that you're aware of) have the ability to open .XMT filetypes?

You mean .XMT from GTAV? They can't be open in properly way yet, but format is under researching now.
  • Pico likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm not getting into it again GooDS, but you're still proving my point "I personally do not believe in open-source". You've been sat on an RDR Texture and Audio viewer for nearly two years now, and refuse to release it for reasons that the LibertyV team have got around. Face, you have your reasons but don't act like you're NOT holding back for power reasons, .black could be used by PC Users to at least take a dive into the files of MCLA and RDR, games which will never see a release on PC, and instead, well, you know the story, we've gone over it enough times.

• GamerShotgun, nabo45, rjuds82 and 1 other like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:20 PM Edited by jpm1, 06 November 2013 - 12:20 PM.

i believe in open source myself but i also believe that any open source user that have a bit of common sense should consider the donation option sometimes . open source are not freeware , there are fees for anything in this world but with open source you replace the size of the container by the quantity of containers , and thus the weight of each container

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

when you rename you get this

Sanstitre1_zpsd1bc4af3.jpg

i think it would be better if we had this

Sanstitre2_zps56e975f5.jpg

• DrDean likes this

hc41
  • hc41

The Project

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:48 PM Edited by hc41, 14 December 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Looks like you released the Red Dead soundtrack. I already have all the Red Dead audio extracted anyway. Dialogue too.

https://www.youtube....mK_q-oDbcPUdCK_

Just saying.

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

GooD and I suppose 3Doomer, have you looked into model import/export for Max Payne 3? I'd imagine the model versions are very similar to GTA V as compared to IV. Maybe work on .ODR for Max Payne 3, huh? Might be quicker to get ODR for V PC when it comes out if you have a newer base to work off of than GTA IV. 

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I just thought I'd ask about this. As we know Rockstar is going to make it snow in GTA Online on Christmas, which sticks to the ground. I have it early because I connected to a custom DNS server.

So I thought I'd ask. How is it being done? Is everything retextured, or is it some type of shader being applied? My bet is its a shader because I noticed some bugs with fences and there seems to be less snow under my car where ever I go.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

when you rename you get this
Sanstitre1_zpsd1bc4af3.jpg

i think it would be better if we had this
Sanstitre2_zps56e975f5.jpg

Agreed, but we made it just like in Windows File Explorer, without popup dialog:
25.png

GooD and I suppose 3Doomer, have you looked into model import/export for Max Payne 3? I'd imagine the model versions are very similar to GTA V as compared to IV. Maybe work on .ODR for Max Payne 3, huh? Might be quicker to get ODR for V PC when it comes out if you have a newer base to work off of than GTA IV.

The Max Payne 3 models right in the middle between GTA IV and GTA V. So yes, if we will have formats for Max Payne 3 it will be easily to bring it to GTA V, this is the one of the ideas why we support Max Payne 3.

I just thought I'd ask about this. As we know Rockstar is going to make it snow in GTA Online on Christmas, which sticks to the ground. I have it early because I connected to a custom DNS server.

So I thought I'd ask. How is it being done? Is everything retextured, or is it some type of shader being applied? My bet is its a shader because I noticed some bugs with fences and there seems to be less snow under my car where ever I go.

Of course they don't re-texture everything. I think this is some kind of filter for textures or/and shaders. I'm sure they can control it through weather tuning.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

I have a problem with openFormats script for 3DS Max. It gives me an error: "Maxscript heap size is less than 256MB", I am unable to find the solution for this on the internet. Is there something wrong with my version of Max? I'm using 2010 by the way.

Chipsman
  • Chipsman

OpenIV Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Murray Bunyan,

To prevent this error you should go to Customize menu -> Preferences... -> MAXScript tab and increase "Initial heap allocation" value

001.png

• Deadly Target and Murray Bunyan like this

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

Thanks.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:10 AM

OpenIV 1.5.5 for Max Payne 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV

We’re proud to announce that OpenIV 1.5.5 has been released. This release allows you to edit Max Payne 3 audio files (.awc) by using new openFormats. Also new Favorites feature makes using OpenIV even better. Improved vehicles viewer have new ability to hide separated car parts. Besides new features and visible improvements, we also made many changes inside OpenIV code, all this will help us to make new features and support new games in New Year.

• XEPOMAHT007 and jackusCTB like this

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

That's unexpected. Now to replace all of Passos' lines with fart sounds...

• lpgunit and Deadly Target like this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:13 PM Edited by GamerShotgun, 08 January 2014 - 07:13 PM.

@GooD-NTS: Whether you believe in open-source softwares or not, if you have a project that isn't going to be released publicly, you should shut the f*ck up about it and not showing your e-penis here. Like seriously... you are advertising the sh*t out of .black, even though no one's going to get it besides your team.

That, my friend is something I could call you an asshole for... 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

OK, I'm going to ask you guys this because I'm not sure if you've already done this, but just in case:

The PS3 version of the game uses basic MP3 for Audio, which means it can be exported without the need of converting or even touching it too much, the problem of course is that Stereo streams are interleaved, now this interleave gets applied when converting to WAVE, where it's then dumped out as two mono LPCM tracks, one for LEFT and one for RIGHT (at least that's how LibertyV does it), now what I was wondering, if it's possible to just take and apply the interleave values to the files themselves, I know this would require some work and possible porting of an MP3 joiner into the code, of which there are many open source variants around. I realise this may be a bit of a, ..well, large task for such little payoff, but for those using the PS3 version to check the audio, this would mean they'd be able to get the audio from the game as cleanly as possible with no re-encoding to be done, you'd be getting the files in the exact quality and size Rockstar converted them at for the game, MONO stuff already works fine using this method:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/mono_solo_01.mp3

Where as STEREO stuff obviously has the interleave problem:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/too_late_for_goodbyes.mp3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users