[REL] OpenIV (including openFormats)

2,679 replies to this topic
Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

English isn't your first language is it? And by all means you've not been here for the long haul, GooD-NTS has hinted and promised at certain things in the past, which never came to be, he pleaded at one point and acted like a child himself by refusing to work on OpenIV if people didn't give him money for it! What is the use of these videos? Think of that, apart from showing off and inflating his ego, he did the same thing for Red Dead Redemption and he NEVER released those tools, all he did was use it to prove a point that he CAN do it and then laughed at others.

Ask yourself this, how about Midnight Club LA and RDR, both are near enough dead games online wise on consoles, and yet GooD-NTS still refuses to let people have access to those tools, cheating happens online anyway, so one of his main reasons is out of the window, his other reason is pure lies, a little help with reverse engineering or asking people to get that information themselves could have been done instead, but no, he sits there and refuses to do so as others have now gone all open about it and made extremely fast progress.

Ask yourself this to, why does he always refer to competition as SPAM? He see's these open source and programs without his limits as lesser thans, again, his ego coming into play. GooD-NTS is a horrible and terrible person, not denying that he's done a lot, but in recent years all of that has gone to his head and turned him into a nasty and controlling person mad with power.

Remember who got you there in the first place GooD-NTS, remember those who promoted your basic OpenIV tools at the time all those years ago, remember those who gave you money when you needed it, etc, the way you have gone on to treat those people has been nothing short of a disgrace.

• TJGM likes this

Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:52 AM Edited by Alt, 26 September 2013 - 03:55 AM.

@ Ash

As I see there's no point to prove/explain you anything so let's just listen to Toni

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by GooD-NTS, 26 September 2013 - 06:43 PM.

slightly relevant... could someone at least document Max Payne's drawable/bounds formats if OpenIV is probably never going to be able to export them to a workable format?

Don't worry I will back to work on regular OpenIV releases and Max Payne 3 features in the next month.

Man, GooD-NTS, you're a great scam, erm, modder, yeah yeah, that's the one.

I'm not a modder, I'm a software engeneer.

And PS: I don't want the money back, that's not the issue, the issue is how YOU treated your donaters after that, you pleaded for the money and said how you'll be more open and stuff, and after we gave you money, you just cut us all off, that sh*t isn't cool dude, and I'm just making sure others know about it.

English isn't your first language is it? And by all means you've not been here for the long haul, GooD-NTS has hinted and promised at certain things in the past, which never came to be, he pleaded at one point and acted like a child himself by refusing to work on OpenIV if people didn't give him money for it! What is the use of these videos? Think of that, apart from showing off and inflating his ego, he did the same thing for Red Dead Redemption and he NEVER released those tools, all he did was use it to prove a point that he CAN do it and then laughed at others.

I'm never promis anything for consoles version. If you show to me when and where I promise that I will release it right now.
I say it again: I make this project in this way since May of 2008.

Ask yourself this, how about Midnight Club LA and RDR, both are near enough dead games online wise on consoles, and yet GooD-NTS still refuses to let people have access to those tools, cheating happens online anyway, so one of his main reasons is out of the window, his other reason is pure lies, a little help with reverse engineering or asking people to get that information themselves could have been done instead, but no, he sits there and refuses to do so as others have now gone all open about it and made extremely fast progress.

You have a tool for RDR, You have tool for consoles version of GTAV.
So what are you want from me? If you don't like my videos then don't watch it. If you don't like my tools, do not use it.

You know why I not release tools for consoles version? Because we have some rules here, and if following the rules it bad thing so I'm horrible and terrible person.

Ask yourself this to, why does he always refer to competition as SPAM? He see's these open source and programs without his limits as lesser thans, again, his ego coming into play. GooD-NTS is a horrible and terrible person, not denying that he's done a lot, but in recent years all of that has gone to his head and turned him into a nasty and controlling person mad with power.

Because this topic is about OpenIV.
  • Alexander Blade likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

And there you go people, if his post above proves anything, it's that he's a selfish jerk. :p I hope you remember this GooD-NTS the next time you start begging people for money "or else I'll stop working on OpenIV".

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

NTS works closely with more Russians there, i'm sure he isn't the only one involved. 

However, stupidity of seeing only him post makes the other people overshadowed by him and taking all the fame.

The Janitor
  • The Janitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

First look at Grand Theft Auto V files

Could you explore the weapon sounds? I'm hoping to make a gun sound replacement pack for GTA V, I have some really good sounds prepared.

If you find them; are they mono or stereo? And are the automatic guns looped or singleshot?

I just think the GTA V guns sound so weak I'm desperately hoping I can replace them :p

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by Deadly Target, 02 October 2013 - 08:12 AM.

GooD, have you researched CLI files for the GTA IV video editor? I noticed animations still play in clips, even after I remove that specific animation from the game. Is this because clip capture records ALL movements, turns them into animations, and stores them in CLI so the video editor can play without anim.img?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

GooD, have you researched CLI files for the GTA IV video editor? I noticed animations still play in clips, even after I remove that specific animation from the game. Is this because clip capture records ALL movements, turns them into animations, and stores them in CLI so the video editor can play them without anim.img?

Not sure that without anim.img everything will work in the video editor in a proper way , but all bone positions are being recorded and stored in the CLI because this is much easier than all tasks/events recording and reproducing .

• Deadly Target likes this

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:12 AM Edited by CarLuver69, 29 September 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Couldn't help but drop by this thread and notice all of the hate GooD is getting for holding back OpenIV for GTA V/RDR/MCLA on consoles.

What the f*ck is wrong with you people? It's quite simple: console modding tools do not exist simply for the fact that the PC version is not out yet (because that's where the modding mainly is) and secondly, it's mostly due to morals. GooD does not want to be known as someone that helped console modding gain traction. It doesn't matter if RDR or MCLA are console-only, it's the right of GooD to not release his team's tools.

"But he shows off to everyone!"

Yeah, it's a programmer thing. I'm saying this because I'm in a similar situation right at the moment, and when you get so much work done on something, you can't help but feel proud about it, and show it to other people. I've loaded tons of data from a particular game series (won't advertise here), and have released to the public only one experimental tool that does nothing except show some information useful to programmers and a tree-view with a bunch of nodes that can be extracted. Other than that, it serves no purpose. On the other hand, I have more developer tools than I can count with my fingers that are for research use only. Sound like .black?

But I was still proud of it anyways, just like GooD was proud of his teams tools for RDR and MCLA and what not. You guys need to lay off of him and stop being a bunch of whiny-ass entitled punks. Try to be in the position of a programmer with a lot of power. One decision you make and it can cause a never-ending domino effect. In this case, GooD releasing console modding tools for RDR/MCLA would leave a bad note on his part, which I respect just as much as anyone else should. He has not signed a contract that says "All of your work are belong to GTAForums", in fact, he doesn't have to show any of you ungrateful pricks ANYTHING. He could just get up and walk away from here and never come back. Because he has that right.

Learn to show some respect, guys. I think GooD is owed an apology for this mistreatment and lack of respect for all of the work he's done. It's not an ego, it's called pride in your work. I have it and I'm not afraid to show it for my work, so good on Mr. NTS for doing the same.

OpenIV is and always will be the best tool - closed source or what-have-you. Haters gonna hate, I guess...

• Seemann likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Ok, but look at it from my point of view, where were you when GooD was begging for donations and throwing a tantrum saying he'll stop working on OpenIV if he doesn't get any money for it, etc? I was one of the people who gave him money, and more important, GooD has control over this program to the exacts, he could easily just release a version of OpenIV that allows Audio playback and texture viewing for RDR and MCLA but lack any actual ability to edit those.

Besides, GTARandom also pointed out earlier, the way he presents this, is as if it's all his work, when really there's a huge bulk of team behind it who do not get credit or the donations.

Fact is, yes, OpenIV is a great program, but it's also very restricted, locked off, and treats it's users like morons, and GooD's ego is to blame for that along with his shady actions. That's the reason here, how he treated people who donated to him in his time of need. Not to mention those of us who helped promote the tool and program back in the early days.

Again, Carl, no offense, but just like the other guy, you don't know the history behind this, I'm not some random guy having a moan here, I've helped promote OpenIv back when it was just a small program in testing, I've donated money to GooDs just to keep this project alive when it needed to be. And in return, as the years went on, he's got more and more restricted and arrogant and let his ego take over, don't let his "reasons" fool you, there are ways around them, he's just being a power mad jerk, which is a let down to see as he didn't used to be like that years ago.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'd like to see proof of this "begging" and "throwing a tantrum" because that sounds like an exaggeration to me. And if the team who works on OpenIV had a problem with GooD being the one that advertises the work, they probably would have left by now. Maybe they don't care that their names aren't on the front page? It's not like GooD has them under his leash or something like that. They could very easily walk away if they were dissatisfied with the way things work. Clearly they're not.

You should back up what you're saying, because seeing as how you're the one blatantly attacking him in his own thread, he's held himself together quite well.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

You want proof, THIS VERY SAME THREAD, go back a year or so, and you'll see the threats he made "If I don't reach the target, I'll stop working on OpenIV forever!".

As for other members, how can they walk away, once contributed, GooDS near enough cuts people off once he's got what he's wanted. Again, you're sticking up for him when you don't even know the full details, how long have you been using OpenIV? Do you know how much work we put in and promoted his tool to the mass GTA audience back in the early days? He's basically disrespectful, ironic enough, the exact thing you accuse us of being towards him, no, he's disrespectful to those who have helped him over the years.

As for yourself, you should be thanking me and the other people who donated, after all, if it wasn't for us, GooDs would have stopped working on OpenIV a long time ago!

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

You want proof, THIS VERY SAME THREAD, go back a year or so, and you'll see the threats he made "If I don't reach the target, I'll stop working on OpenIV forever!".

As for other members, how can they walk away, once contributed, GooDS near enough cuts people off once he's got what he's wanted. Again, you're sticking up for him when you don't even know the full details, how long have you been using OpenIV? Do you know how much work we put in and promoted his tool to the mass GTA audience back in the early days? He's basically disrespectful, ironic enough, the exact thing you accuse us of being towards him, no, he's disrespectful to those who have helped him over the years.

As for yourself, you should be thanking me and the other people who donated, after all, if it wasn't for us, GooDs would have stopped working on OpenIV a long time ago!

So, is this what you're talking about?

OpenIV It is the biggest and ambitious project we’ve ever made. And we enjoy it. We like that fact OpenIV have run more than 7 thousands of times every day. We really enjoy developing OpenIV and seeing how GTA IV modding is become better and better every day. But now we really need your support. If you want to see new cool features for GTA IV modding, if you want to see Max Payne 3 modding alive, now it is time to support OpenIV.

You think this is being egotistical?  :miranda: 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

OK, look, you're the newbie in this conversation, you don't really have a say in this, my argument is with GooDS, once you've helped him promote his tools for years and even invested your own money into the tools, THEN you can have say in how we are dealing.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

GooD, have you researched CLI files for the GTA IV video editor?

No, I did not look much on this files.

...GooD has control over this program to the exacts, he could easily just release a version of OpenIV that allows Audio playback and texture viewing for RDR and MCLA but lack any actual ability to edit those...

Again, for opening textures and audio files from any XBOX version of RAGE game .black/OpenIV uses illegal parts from leaked XBOX SDK, I can't release program with this parts. If I remove this parts it will not able to open it. So it is not so "easily" as you may think.

I was one of the people who gave him money, and more important...

I sent your money back through PayPal, check it.

Besides, GTARandom also pointed out earlier, the way he presents this, is as if it's all his work, when really there's a huge bulk of team behind it who do not get credit or the donations.

I promote it like only my work? Really? Let's look at this year release messages for example:
http://openiv.com/?p=892
http://openiv.com/?p=849
http://openiv.com/?p=766
http://openiv.com/?p=759

You may notice there always used "we", like "we proud to release", "We make new version", "we have fix", "we have achieved". Here is no "I did it all".

Ok, but look at it from my point of view, where were you when GooD was begging for donations and throwing a tantrum saying he'll stop working on OpenIV if he doesn't get any money for it, etc?

Look, back in may when I ask for donation support, I ask it not for myself. I ask it for paying hosting bills. Because servers where you can download OpenIV they are not free. And all previous times this was paid by us. Every single man in my team (yes, yes even such egoistic man like me) was paid for it sometimes ago.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

GooD-NTS - Why you pay attention to  Ash_735 this smartass which probably doesn't have life and doesn't assess the work.

I have one question, is it possible to be created .asi file which reload edited .fxc (shaders) files, my thinking is hex editor can change them and if there is some .asi file (like TimecycReload.asi) we can see the changes without exiting the game?

Thanks in advance! 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:29 PM Edited by Ash_735, 02 October 2013 - 03:32 PM.

GooD-NTS, you think I care about the money, I don't want the money back, and I refuse to accept it, the issue is how you've gon on to treat people, an issue you still refuse to acknowledge and change for the better.

@ T-ru : coming from the guy with "amazing performance and graphics" in his sig which links to yet another ENB config, I wouldn't doubt my knowledge of GTA modding. Plus, erm, you know the whole promotion thing, yeah, I help control that modding website, so if I don't have a life, you probably don't mind being banned from posting stuff. :) Yes I just played the power card.

And just to clarify, I don't like doing that but I am sick of people trying to join into this convo and throwing their opinion down of me or GooD-NTS when they don't know the full story, it just makes you guys look like ass kissers.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well, I certainly don't know the whole story, and I actually don't care about it either way.

I do however understand and support the position that is being taken on console modding on here. Which indeed leads to openIV not being available now but only when the PC version is released.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

GooD-NTS, you think I care about the money, I don't want the money back, and I refuse to accept it, the issue is how you've gon on to treat people, an issue you still refuse to acknowledge and change for the better.

@ T-ru : coming from the guy with "amazing performance and graphics" in his sig which links to yet another ENB config, I wouldn't doubt my knowledge of GTA modding. Plus, erm, you know the whole promotion thing, yeah, I help control that modding website, so if I don't have a life, you probably don't mind being banned from posting stuff. :) Yes I just played the power card.

And just to clarify, I don't like doing that but I am sick of people trying to join into this convo and throwing their opinion down of me or GooD-NTS when they don't know the full story, it just makes you guys look like ass kissers.

These amazing stuff are not ENB. Instead ideas, you whining. Where is your gta modding tool!?

I'm not ass kisser, i just care for the future of this work and you keep up smartassing! You know that part of your body where to stick this power card,  i don't care about this web even if you're the modder.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 02 October 2013 - 05:00 PM.

These amazing stuff are not ENB. Instead ideas, you whining. Where is your gta modding tool!?

I'm not ass kisser, i just care for the future of this work and you keep up smartassing! You know that part of your body where to stick this power card,  i don't care about this web even if you're the modder.

Just stay out of it.. both parties here have a pretty good argument and I doubt you getting involved will help either of them.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Just stay out of it.. both parties here have a pretty good argument and I doubt you getting involved will help either of them.

Yes, you are right, i was a bit angry.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by Limiter, 02 October 2013 - 09:27 PM.

@ Good-NTS

Just want to ask, have the OpenIV team been looking at the ability to open and edit .wpfl files? You know, those ones that contains the actual particles?

Also...Is there a way to disable automatic report sent by OpenIV every time the program encounters an error?

listener
  • listener

Monkey with a disassembler

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

I have one question, is it possible to be created .asi file which reload edited .fxc (shaders) files, my thinking is hex editor can change them and if there is some .asi file (like TimecycReload.asi) we can see the changes without exiting the game?

Thanks in advance! 

In theory, this is possible. In fact, all .fxc are loaded at start of the graphics subsystem, and it must be restarted to reload .fxc

You need really large changes in the game initialization and main loop. 

Or we can stop the renderer, reload .fxc and re-create all shader-related objects (includiong shader groups in loaded model). 

Both ways are too hard.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by nkjellman, 02 October 2013 - 10:06 PM.

The radio format looked a little simpler IV. I wonder if it will be easier to edit the radio (like in III and VC).

I want to make a full song mod for some of the good radio stations. Many songs (with every GTA) are cut off early.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

If you don't care about money why you mention it in almost every your message?
I still don't get what I must change? I never promise consoles support, I was against it every time.

Okay, tell the story from your side. Here is my version:

I start making OpenIV more than five years ago, in May 2008. And when I have some success some people ask me to accept the rules and not share programs for consoles version. And I accept it because the ideas for this rules was similar to my morals (not help to pirates, cheaters, etc).
You can look at original OpenIV topic and you will see, I shown the progress with console version but release OpenIV only after PC version has arrive.
Then, when the Max Payne 3 was released I also show "the first look" video with console version but the public release was for PC. In this time I also made a explanatory post, to explain people why OpenIV is not support consoles.
Next, in this May, I ask community for help with paying hosting bills, in exchange I promise to continue work on OpenIV and bring new features for it. Again I never talk about consoles support.
And now the GTAV is released.

Just want to ask, have the OpenIV team been looking at the ability to open and edit .wpfl files? You know, those ones that contains the actual particles?

The .#pfl files are contains all necessary data for particles effects like textures, models and the particles information about effects. The models and textures are researched for us, but the particles information is a little bit complicated, it have researched in some way but it is not enough for making formats and editing. Unfortunately I have no plans to make formats for it.

Also...Is there a way to disable automatic report sent by OpenIV every time the program encounters an error?

No... actually yes, you can tell me how you get the errors and I will try to fix it.

The radio format looked a little simpler IV. I wonder if it will be easier to edit the radio (like in III and VC).

You talking about GTAV? Yes it is easier to edit this audio files.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Why do I bring it up? Oh man, you really have no social concept do you? I bring it up because it was something I did for you, as well as a few others, you needed our help, and we gave it to you in good faith, we helped you when you needed it, and us lot especially, as we've been promoting and making people know about OpenIV ever since the early days when it couldn't do much.

Your morals are questionable, you say it's not NOT support piracy or Cheating, but again i point to you, both RDR and MCLA are near enough dad on the consoles online wise, RDR still has cheaters, and these games will NEVER see the light of day on the PC. Now, you also cite the Xbox SDK being a requirement here, yet I know for a fact you've had offers from various people to chip in here and help you out with an alternative method, one which you always turned down as it would mean making the program have the ability to view these consoles files WITHOUT the need of the full SDK. In sense, the ONLY thing holding that back is YOU, for no real good reason other than bragging rights. And I also know for a fact you can tailor and customise these versions to your choice, so it is completely doable for you to do at least a texture and audio viewer for these games without actual RPF modding ability, what's stopping you there? NOTHING, except your ego and fear that other people will have access to those files you guard so closely.

Again, you say not to help Pirates and Cheats, but those reasons have been blasted out of the water, and what you're left with is just you saying you refuse to do because, well, f*ck you, it's my special .black!

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

@GooD-NTS - Can you please share the loading screens? It would be nice for, like, wallpapers and stuff.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by nkjellman, 03 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Great. I can't wait for this game on PC. I have a feeling its gonna be easier to mod, and have more abilities simply because Rockstar made it expandable for GTA Online.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Nk: in response to your report. In the editor, hit the little light switch in the upper left corner to see the BB code. In this case, your post is:

[size=11][background=#f7f7f7]Great. I can't wait for this game on PC. I have a feeling its gonna be easier to mod, and have more abilities simply because Rockstar made it expandable for GTA Online.[/size][/background]

You may have inadvertently added a BG color to your wrapper in your CP, or just mistakenly for this post.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by GooD-NTS, 04 October 2013 - 02:25 PM.

@GooD-NTS - Can you please share the loading screens? It would be nice for, like, wallpapers and stuff.

You can download loading screens here: http://openiv.com/pu...adscreens_v.zip

Great. I can't wait for this game on PC. I have a feeling its gonna be easier to mod, and have more abilities simply because Rockstar made it expandable for GTA Online.

Well... we will have more security and protection because of GTA Online.

it was something I did for you, as well as a few others, you needed our help, and we gave it to you in good faith, we helped you when you needed it, and us lot especially, as we've been promoting and making people know about OpenIV ever since the early days when it couldn't do much.

And I appreciate it.

Your morals are questionable

My morals and principles not questionable for me.

Now, you also cite the Xbox SDK being a requirement here, yet I know for a fact you've had offers from various people to chip in here and help you out with an alternative method, one which you always turned down as it would mean making the program have the ability to view these consoles files WITHOUT the need of the full SDK.

Maybe I just forgot, but I do not remember any offers like this.

And I also know for a fact you can tailor and customise these versions to your choice, so it is completely doable for you to do at least a texture and audio viewer for these games without actual RPF modding ability, what's stopping you there?

Do you want to know truth?
.black has no edit abilities, except identical with OpenIV.

• Alexander Blade likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users