Photo

[REL] OpenIV (including openFormats)

2,840 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by nkjellman, 09 July 2013 - 05:59 AM.

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 16:45)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 10:36)
Do you guys think you might be able to implement the ability to view and edit shader files?
Maybe one day in future (I hope) we will have a inbuilt tool to view RAGE Shaders (similar to Rage Shader Info ), but I not sure that editing is ever possible.

I hope editing will be possible. At least to some extent.

The shader modifications I'm interested in making:
-Optimized gtaemensivenight shader. The patch 4 one fixes bugs on 7 but screws up traffic lights. With the 7 shader the traffic lights are fine but the Rotterdam Tower lights and bar lights in Massonet 9 are screwed up.
-Add night shadows to cars. This aught to fix the no car shadows in the booth tunnel. I was driving down there and saw a garbage truck. The guys hanging on the back had shadows. This gave me the idea that might just fix it. Cars should also cast shadows when they go under street lights. The other thing I'm sure others have noticed is night shadows have the fuzzy looking edges like the old/console shadows had. Wonder if this can be changed.

Edit: Can someone post a link to the shader viewer tool? I can't find the link anywhere.

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by folypers, 09 July 2013 - 05:55 PM.

I'm trying to add files to the game root, installation validates but no files are written to the root folder. Permissions have been set correctly... Could someone point me in the right direction? This is my code:

CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package version="1.0">
<metadata>
<name>Install ELS</name>
<author>Dude</author>
<target>
<game>IV</game>
</target>
<description>ELS</description>
<largeDescription displayName="Description">
<![CDATA[ELS, now easily installable via OpenIV package install!]]>
</largeDescription>
<licence>
<![CDATA[blablablabalb]]>
</licence>
</metadata>
<content gameID="IV" name="ELS" description="ELS">
<game:open path="" type="type">
<add source="content\ELS.asi">ELS.asi</add>
<add source="content\ELS.ini">ELS.ini</add>
</game:open>
</content>
</package>

I have also tried setting the path to "\" but no succes... You can find the 'compiled' .oiv here.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 02:44)
Edit: Can someone post a link to the shader viewer tool? I can't find the link anywhere.
Here is the link:
https://googledrive....eShaderInfo.zip

QUOTE (folypers @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:48)
I'm trying to add files to the game root, installation validates but no files are written to the root folder. Permissions have been set correctly... Could someone point me in the right direction? This is my code:
I have also tried setting the path to "\" but no succes... You can find the 'compiled' .oiv here.

You no need to "open" game. Just add files under content tag:
CODE
</content>

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:03)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 02:44)
Here is the link:
https://googledrive....eShaderInfo.zip

QUOTE (folypers @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:48)

You no need to "open" game. Just add files under content tag:
CODE
</content>

Thanks. BTW, do you know which shader controls night shadows?

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:01)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:10)
QUOTE (Limiter @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:04)
A couple months ago there was someone who asked about waterfalls. It was mentioned that they are part of animated UVW so I suppose that they also equivalent to the flashing billboards and advertisements in Star Junction. Is it just animated UVW on a regular WDR or is the format itself different? I am sorry if this was answered here before.

Yes, it's all animated UV's. I explained the waterfall technique to stilldre here.

Thank you Blaster. smile.gif

Hey Blaster, a problem here. I looked at that tutorial of yours and got everything. But there isn't animated texture.

To view animated texture, I just click on my wdr that has it applied I suppose.

But the problem is, where do I import my .oad?? Is it in my .img that contains my .wdr or is it in the .anim??

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 03:22)
QUOTE (Limiter @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:01)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:10)
QUOTE (Limiter @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:04)
A couple months ago there was someone who asked about waterfalls. It was mentioned that they are part of animated UVW so I suppose that they also equivalent to the flashing billboards and advertisements in Star Junction. Is it just animated UVW on a regular WDR or is the format itself different? I am sorry if this was answered here before.

Yes, it's all animated UV's. I explained the waterfall technique to stilldre here.

Thank you Blaster. smile.gif

Hey Blaster, a problem here. I looked at that tutorial of yours and got everything. But there isn't animated texture.

To view animated texture, I just click on my wdr that has it applied I suppose.

But the problem is, where do I import my .oad?? Is it in my .img that contains my .wdr or is it in the .anim??

Export any WAD file and open the OAD with notepad and you'll see. The only thing this file does is loading one or multiple ANIM (ONIM) file(s).
Put the OAD in the img with your WDR. Don't forget to add it to the ANIM section in the IDE.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

Okay, did that, than viewed .wdr and no animated lights.

The material is on sub-object 0 in 3ds max. So I used 0 in the file where you specified.

Then I copied the model's objs line in ide and placed it in anim section as well with the animation dictionary specified and the anim line going according to Rockstar dimensions.

Wonder why it does not work?

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 03:46)
Okay, did that, than viewed .wdr and no animated lights.

The material is on sub-object 0 in 3ds max. So I used 0 in the file where you specified.

Then I copied the model's objs line in ide and placed it in anim section as well with the animation dictionary specified and the anim line going according to Rockstar dimensions.

Wonder why it does not work?

To see your animation, you must go to the animation viewer.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:04 AM Edited by Limiter, 13 July 2013 - 08:08 AM.

Thanks Blaster. smile.gif

I am trying to get animated lights coming down like waterfall. (In fact, like the one GTARandom posted just below your post to Stilldre)

The model has a multi-subobject with only ONE material. So according to you, I must call it <nameofoad>_uv_0. So "0" since Max's first material is IV's "0"

I don't know is this wrong, but my .wdr appears twice in IDE. One in the objs section and one in the ANIM section...Wonder is that correct...

Another thing I was confused to is what is "UV0 Float3 0" or "UV1 Float3 0" that I keep seeing in exported .onim??

EDIT

The animated lights play properly in OpenIV Animation Viewer but does not work in game?? suicidal.gif

SasukeUchiha13245
  • SasukeUchiha13245

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

When adding a wdr and creating a wft to go with it, how come I can't add the new wft as the texture? It has the proper naming and everything

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 13 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 04:04)
The model has a multi-subobject with only ONE material. So according to you, I must call it <nameofoad>_uv_0. So "0" since Max's first material is IV's "0"

Correct.

I don't know is this wrong, but my .wdr appears twice in IDE. One in the objs section and one in the ANIM section...Wonder is that correct...

Remove from OBJS.

Another thing I was confused to is what is "UV0 Float3 0" or "UV1 Float3 0" that I keep seeing in exported .onim??

Afaik, Float3 is for movement and Float4 for rotation. It's just how OpenIV team made ONIM format.

The animated lights play properly in OpenIV Animation Viewer but does not work in game?? suicidal.gif

Yeah, that tends to happen...Try changing the first IDE flag to 1024 (so that's the flag after draw distance (wdr, wtd, wad, drawd, 1st flag, 2nd flag, bounds crap etc.))

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

Setting it to 1024 works now. Thanks Blaster. smile.gif

BTW, do you know why the original flag did not work?

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 04:18)
Setting it to 1024 works now. Thanks Blaster. smile.gif

BTW, do you know why the original flag did not work?

Most flags dont work with animations. In GIMS they are all unknown, so we don't know what is what. 1024 is copied from one of IV's UV animated objects, so that's a safe bet.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Does anoyone know how to check the full dds properties (mipmap level, 2d or cubemap or ... etc textures, dxt... etc), I already have nvidia plugin for photoshop about editing dds formats and there is no options about that?

Before editing I want to know the original properties, so after editing to safe it with the original properties?

Thanks in advance!

Nuka1000
  • Nuka1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by Nuka1000, 19 July 2013 - 10:20 AM.

How much MB can weight mesh file?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by GooD-NTS, 20 July 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Once Upon a Time in Brazil OpenIV 1.5

Here is a long awaited release of OpenIV. Today we bring texture modding to Max Payne 3. You can use the full power of our Texture Editor or take advantage of openFormats for textures. Also for Max Payne 3, you can use OPL text format for editing map WPL files. As for GTA IV, we have done big improvements in Animation Viewer and you finally can use it to view EfLC cut-scenes. Besides viewer, new version of openFormats for GTA IV Animations will bring more usability for animation editing. In addition, we have made many changes in many OpenIV parts, as always you can see more detailed list here on bug-tracker.

Run OpenIV for getting update or go to http://openiv.com/

Some of new features at video here:
- Improved cut-scene player
- Improved Animation Viewer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQc40KRQgk - Custom render background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-wMAlWY1-4 - Improved Placement Search

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by DrDean, 21 July 2013 - 12:48 AM.

sh*t yeah! You're the best, GooD.

Edit:

WHOA WAIT A MINUTE. How did you get the camera up there?

Edit #2:

Aw yeah, this is beautiful. Thanks again.
http://cloud-2.steam...C82952CB2B2B22/
http://cloud-2.steam...AEA7C2EAEF6DFE/
http://cloud-2.steam...D5E24A81206EDC/

Can we edit MP3 textures that are embedded in models as well?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Hot-fix for OpenIV 1.5 (build 441)
- Add Ukrainian language
- Max Payne 3 audio fix
- Some minor bugs fix.

QUOTE (Nuka1000 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 21:49)
How much MB can weight mesh file?
Look at original models.

QUOTE (DrDean @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 01:11)
Can we edit MP3 textures that are embedded in models as well?
No, this feature can be possible only when we will have full researched models formats.

QUOTE (DrDean @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 01:11)
WHOA WAIT A MINUTE. How did you get the camera up there?
I have used a prototype of FreeCam ASI which Alexander made by my request.
Before you ask, I don't know when it will be available for public, currently it don't have a proper quality.

legiz
  • legiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Replaced textures of Giovanna blush.gif

41hc1
  • 41hc1

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

There's an unused model for the Curupira: user posted image
It has some unused audio too, and so does Captain Baseball Bat Boy that suggests they were supposed to be playable in multiplayer.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by nkjellman, 24 July 2013 - 01:35 AM.

I am wondering about something as far as vehicle modding is concerned.

I have tried all the TBoGT vehicle light fixes, and they all have a messed up camera. The camera is too low. Taller vehicles block the view, I have to hold the analog stick so I can see over the top of the car. How can I modify the camera position for the cars? I want to have the lights working and have the camera be like with out the fix/console.

Edit: It seems that there is data in the vehicle wft models that hasn't been looked at.
Data for:
-Camera position/angle. (changes when vehicle light fix is installed.)
-Some vehicle physics. (Custom bikes don't have the wheelie/stopie limit. The Bati custom that came with the vehicle light fix is able to do wheelies and stopies when speeding down the highway. Normally there is a limit as to how far the bike can lean back, but the one with the light fix rolls right over. However, the one that came with the game can't flip over.

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (41hc1 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:49)
It has some unused audio too, and so does Captain Baseball Bat Boy that suggests they were supposed to be playable in multiplayer.

I did an article on these awhile ago when OpenIV was first updated with the model viewer.
http://www.unseen64....c-xbox-360-ps3/

He can be played as again if you edit some text files with OpenIV. Not replacing files, other people will see you as him and hear his taunts.

41hc1
  • 41hc1

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by 41hc1, 24 July 2013 - 06:24 AM.

QUOTE (DrDean @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 21:31)
QUOTE (41hc1 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:49)

I did an article on these awhile ago when OpenIV was first updated with the model viewer.
http://www.unseen64....c-xbox-360-ps3/

He can be played as again if you edit some text files with OpenIV. Not replacing files, other people will see you as him and hear his taunts.

That was a really interesting read, nice job. There's a few things you forgot though.
In the intro for Chapter 7, when Max is speaking to Victor and Marcelo over the phone, the phone is black in the final version, but in trailer 2, the phone is white. It can be seen here: http://www.youtube.c...PRPr15sW0#t=11s
Fabiana looked different, like on the cover art. And here: http://www.youtube.c...F6lgzme-Q#t=44s
The U.F.E looked different.
Max can be seen using Desert Eagles in a few screenshots, in levels they don't appear in.
I know Max's shirt and a few characters can be restored, but maybe more can.

How do you go about playing as them?

Where is the music from the interiors? Like the songs from the strip club, the NY bar, and the home Max goes into in the Favela. I can only find them in the cutscene audio, but some songs play while in game.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 02:56)
How can I modify the camera position for the cars?
Maybe you need try to edit those files:
.\common\data\vehOff.csv
.\TBoGT\common\data\vehOff.csv
.\TLaD\common\data\vehoff.csv

QUOTE (41hc1 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 07:22)
Where is the music from the interiors? Like the songs from the strip club, the NY bar, and the home Max goes into in the Favela. I can only find them in the cutscene audio, but some songs play while in game.
For example here:
audio.rpf:/sfx/ambient_streams/s_fav1_strip_club.awc
audio.rpf:/sfx/ambient_streams/s_nyc_bar_music.awc

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 05:46)
.\common\data\vehOff.csv

For example here:

Thats what I was thinking. But I read somewhere that those are not the way to fix it and that its something in the wft. The vehicle models are the same as original, just working lights, but the camera isn't in the right spot.

41hc1
  • 41hc1

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 01:46)
For example here:

I didn't look hard enough. Thanks Good.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 06:04)
QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 05:46)
.\common\data\vehOff.csv

For example here:

Thats what I was thinking. But I read somewhere that those are not the way to fix it and that its something in the wft. The vehicle models are the same as original, just working lights, but the camera isn't in the right spot.

But where.
There are no dummies for the camera.
I've done car mods.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Only thing that's close to a camera dummy is the sphere and box found when you import a collision model from a San Andreas vehicle DFF.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 10:04)
How exactly do you edit WFT files? And what do you change?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

The Captain Baseball Bat Boy audio was found by me when the game first came out, back when I had to manually import the audio and guess the frequency range, etc, so that audio has been around since day one and I actually made a few posts about it over on the News Wire which Rockstar chose to ignore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users