Photo

[REL] OpenIV (including openFormats)

2,570 replies to this topic
GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:34)
I remember you guys saying OpenIV 0.9.2 have a bad openFormats that uses up many memory regarding its .odr. I am not sure is this because of this or not. Can anybody tell me does this have anything to do with old Openformats?
Yes it is because of bugs in OpenIV/openFormats. This issues was fixed on one of 0.9.4 version, so all version before auto-update have this bug.

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:40)
i was talking of avoiding this . for someone like me that plays only IV the 2 others options are useless http://s21.photobuck...b12dd2.jpg.html
You can use OpenIV command line params, like this:
OpenIV.exe -core.game.select:false
or
OpenIV.exe -core.game:IV

Also you can just edit Core.xml file and set "select" attribute in "games" element to "false".

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:27 AM Edited by Limiter, 17 June 2013 - 07:31 AM.

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:50)
QUOTE (Limiter @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:36)
QUOTE (DrDean @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 00:42)
What? Why are you using such old versions, Limiter? The point of having new versions and updating them is so that bugs can be fixed and new features can be added. Open IV 0.9.2 is a long time ago.

I have my reasons. biggrin.gif I've said it before as well.

GooD, can you tell me is what I said in my previous post a result of the bad openFormat? Or is it unrelated.

You may have your reasons but I don't think you will get much technical support due to you being on the stone age.

I am not asking for technical support. I am asking is what I am experiencing due to bad openFormats. Because if it is not, it means my GTA install is screwed up. biggrin.gif

BTW Thanks GooD for the reply. So I take it you mean that what I am experiencing is indeed memory problems from bad openFormats. This means with OIFO I can use Max 2009 with new openFormats support. Thus I can finally use brand new OpenIV. smile.gif

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

AUIRB2U HD War Kitties 4 1-Up -1 Filtering Edishun

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 22:43)
QUOTE (Limiter @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:34)
I remember you guys saying OpenIV 0.9.2 have a bad openFormats that uses up many memory regarding its .odr. I am not sure is this because of this or not. Can anybody tell me does this have anything to do with old Openformats?
Yes it is because of bugs in OpenIV/openFormats. This issues was fixed on one of 0.9.4 version, so all version before auto-update have this bug.

quietly deletes his version of 0.9.2 and goes back to look at the reason's his GTA installation crashes at random times. nervous.gif blush.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

i made a bat , it works perfectly . thanks Good

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:30 AM Edited by jpm1, 19 June 2013 - 07:29 PM.

i have a weird bug . i mean i've be doing this dozens of times but first time i have this . i imported a texture but the program does not update . and in game the car has still the old texture

user posted image user posted image

EDIT : this is not a bug the plate is assigned to the wft , weird mercie_blink.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Improved animation viewer

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Finally, a way to search. It was a pain to go through those animations before.

Speaking of pain, Max Payne 3 was just released on Mac OS. If GTA V gets a Mac release, would you consider a Mac version of Open IV or is it completely out of the question?

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

GooD, isn't it an idea to be able to open WAD files directly? Without going through the animation viewer.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

The EFLC cutscene viewer is going to be very useful! I was getting tired of having to guess which animations to extract. icon14.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 03:41)
Speaking of pain, Max Payne 3 was just released on Mac OS. If GTA V gets a Mac release, would you consider a Mac version of Open IV or is it completely out of the question?
I will no support OS X in any cases.
But as far I know Max Payne 3 uses Cider to run on OS X, I think resources will be the same and probable OpenIV for windows can manage it.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 04:06)
GooD, isn't it an idea to be able to open WAD files directly? Without going through the animation viewer.
No, because I need to know what animation it is opening and what model need to be assigned to it.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 08:03)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 04:06)
No, because I need to know what animation it is opening and what model need to be assigned to it.

It would be nice for viewing simple in-game anims (single actor) and not cutscenes with multiple actors. And if you wanna go one better: also add a message box that pops up to select the model when viewing map objects. icon14.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:00)
It would be nice for viewing simple in-game anims (single actor) and not cutscenes with multiple actors. And if you wanna go one better: also add a message box that pops up to select the model when viewing map objects. icon14.gif
Before I start making the public version of Animation Viewer I thought a lot how exactly I must to implement it. Just like others viewers (when you open a single file) or like complete tool (like it works and looks now). It the first way we have many issues to solve, for example what model need to be assigned do animation, what kind current animation is (for ped, for map objects, UV map animation etс). So I decide to make it in second way, because it is have smoother user experience. You no need to set models every time just click and play.

If you need to view simple single actor animation just put it into anim.img, because anyway you need to put it somewhere to make OpenIV possible to open it.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:53)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:00)
Before I start making the public version of Animation Viewer I thought a lot how exactly I must to implement it. Just like others viewers (when you open a single file) or like complete tool (like it works and looks now). It the first way we have many issues to solve, for example what model need to be assigned do animation, what kind current animation is (for ped, for map objects, UV map animation etс). So I decide to make it in second way, because it is have smoother user experience. You no need to set models every time just click and play.
Understandable, i respect your decision.

If you need to view simple single actor animation just put it into anim.img, because anyway you need to put it somewhere to make OpenIV possible to open it.
Yep, that's what i've been doing. icon14.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

user posted image
Good News, Everyone!
It looks like we just fixed Max Payne 3 UVs issues:
user posted image
user posted image

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

AUIRB2U HD War Kitties 4 1-Up -1 Filtering Edishun

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Really awesome work you guys have done. Any chance you're working on importing audio to interiors in GTA IV?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 02:40)
Any chance you're working on importing audio to interiors in GTA IV?
As far I know you can set audio for interiors in IDE files.
As for audio files editing for GTA IV - it will not be implemented in OpenIV.

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 20:28)

user posted image

Awesome! Now revert back to the old model viewer that you used a few versions ago so I can rip models from the model viewer again. tounge.gif

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 04:29)
QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 20:28)

user posted image

Awesome! Now revert back to the old model viewer that you used a few versions ago so I can rip models from the model viewer again. tounge.gif

He deliberately added it so we can't do that, it has nothing to do with the viewer itself if that's what you thought.

I guess we have to wait for ODR export.

@PacketOVerload_x64Bit, you can't add music to interiors.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

A couple months ago there was someone who asked about waterfalls. It was mentioned that they are part of animated UVW so I suppose that they also equivalent to the flashing billboards and advertisements in Star Junction. Is it just animated UVW on a regular WDR or is the format itself different? I am sorry if this was answered here before.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:04)
A couple months ago there was someone who asked about waterfalls. It was mentioned that they are part of animated UVW so I suppose that they also equivalent to the flashing billboards and advertisements in Star Junction. Is it just animated UVW on a regular WDR or is the format itself different? I am sorry if this was answered here before.

Yes, it's all animated UV's. I explained the waterfall technique to stilldre here.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:10)
QUOTE (Limiter @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:04)

Yes, it's all animated UV's. I explained the waterfall technique to stilldre here.

Thank you Blaster. smile.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Improved cut-scene player

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Wow! I was going to suggest adding freecam to the cutscene viewer a few weeks ago, but I didn't think it was possible. Another very useful feature! icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

One little thing I'm wondering about. Not like its important but I'm wondering, is there any differences between the folder lay out and file formats of the PC and Mac version of Max Payne 3?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 11:32)
One little thing I'm wondering about. Not like its important but I'm wondering, is there any differences between the folder lay out and file formats of the PC and Mac version of Max Payne 3?

As I say on the previous page: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062664648
QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:03)
QUOTE (DrDean @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 03:41)
I will no support OS X in any cases.
But as far I know Max Payne 3 uses Cider to run on OS X, I think resources will be the same and probable OpenIV for windows can manage it.
So, probable it have the same folders and resources.
Personally I do not have any Apple devices and I don't have any way to check OS X version of Max Payne 3. Only people who got this version can answer to your question correct.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

So I'm not sure if this is possible or not but I'll ask anyways.

Do you guys think you might be able to implement the ability to view and edit shader files? This is something I would like to be able to do. With this ability, people could edit the Rage shaders easier and make better graphics mods.

With the ability to edit shaders, it will open up several possibilities.
-May allow people to compare and contrast the old shader system to the new shader system. Which may allow someone to port the old shader system to the new patches and EFLC. That will bring more people to the multiplayer. Those are the people who claim to have better performance with the old shaders. It should also allow ICEnhancer to look as good on newer patches as it does on old.
-Might allow people to program new shaders into the game. This will allow people to add new shaders to make the game look better. On top of that, it will be native. A few examples of things people can add are sky lighting, the fake ceiling effect that is in Watch Dogs on sky scraper windows, etc...
-Adjust shaders to the atmosphere they are trying to create.
-Fix graphics bugs with the shaders. To include thee gta_emensivenight shader that is screwed up on 1.0.7.0. Also improve the night shadows too. vehicles don't have night shadows. This should fix the no car shadow in the Booth Tunnel.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 06:36)
So I'm not sure if this is possible or not but I'll ask anyways.

Do you guys think you might be able to implement the ability to view and edit shader files? This is something I would like to be able to do. With this ability, people could edit the Rage shaders easier and make better graphics mods.

With the ability to edit shaders, it will open up several possibilities.
-May allow people to compare and contrast the old shader system to the new shader system. Which may allow someone to port the old shader system to the new patches and EFLC. That will bring more people to the multiplayer. Those are the people who claim to have better performance with the old shaders. It should also allow ICEnhancer to look as good on newer patches as it does on old.
-Might allow people to program new shaders into the game. This will allow people to add new shaders to make the game look better. On top of that, it will be native. A few examples of things people can add are sky lighting, the fake ceiling effect that is in Watch Dogs on sky scraper windows, etc...
-Adjust shaders to the atmosphere they are trying to create.
-Fix graphics bugs with the shaders. To include thee gta_emensivenight shader that is screwed up on 1.0.7.0. Also improve the night shadows too. vehicles don't have night shadows. This should fix the no car shadow in the Booth Tunnel.

I agree with you.
About time is to have someting to edit these annoying compiled shaders ... the modders can fix/improve the game by them.
Keep up with good work GooD-NTS icon14.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 10:36)
Do you guys think you might be able to implement the ability to view and edit shader files?
Maybe one day in future (I hope) we will have a inbuilt tool to view RAGE Shaders (similar to Rage Shader Info ), but I not sure that editing is ever possible.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

We are close to 1.5 release of OpenIV.
So, here is a release note.

openFormats for GTA IV Animations
Version of OAD/ONIM files was changed, so current 3Ds Max scripts will not able to import/export new formats.
But changes, not so big, I hope new version of 3Ds Max scripts will come short after OpenIV 1.5.
Be ready, OpenIV 1.5 will not import old version of OAD/ONIM.

Package Installer / .OIV Format
We have full compatibility with all currently released packages. You no need worry here.
But, here is new thing:
user posted image
You can use link and linkTitle attributes in largeDescription and licence section to make clikable links.

Configuration
Configuration is redone, so you need to configure your OpenIV again for all games you use.

Many minor and major changes
We have made many changes in all openiv systems, so it can behave wrong, please report about any issues.

Release data
We will release OpenIV 1.5 as soon as we fix some bugs in main 1.5 feature.

Stay tuned.

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

And Max Payne 3 texture importing, right? smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users