• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

now thats what i call helpful stuff smile.gif

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Any hope for Max Payne 3 WTD editing in 1.5, perhaps?

Thanks for implementing the hash search, though.

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

OIV is an awesome tool, this is really unique in the world!

I'm just having a little bit of problems, I can't seem to delete files that are not within an archive..

Here's an example of my code:

<content gameID="IV"name="Map Cleaner"description="Clean">
<delete>/pc/data/maps/jersey/nj_01.ide</delete>
<delete>/pc/data/maps/jersey/nj_01.wpl</delete>
<delete>/pc/data/maps/jersey/nj_01.img</delete>
</content>

Or do I have to go with the archive method, and state <archive:delete path="...">?

Or is there no support for this sort of action?

Thanks for helping out smile.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 04:16)
Any hope for Max Payne 3 WTD editing in 1.5, perhaps?
Maybe smile.gif

QUOTE (folypers @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 17:50)
Or do I have to go with the archive method, and state <archive:delete path="...">?
Or is there no support for this sort of action?
Here is example:
CODE
<content gameID="IV" name="Name" description="Description">
<delete>pc\data\maps\east\bronx_w2.img</delete>
<delete>pc\data\maps\east\brook_n.img</delete>
<delete>pc\data\maps\east\queens_w.img</delete>
</content>

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by DrDean, 02 June 2013 - 03:31 AM.

I am excited! I have a lot of ideas for texture replacements in MP3. Thought I'd let you know that I released a mod for Max Payne 3 using the OIV packages! Very happy with how easy it is, it will make future mods I have planned much easier to distribute.

On an unrelated note, I'm trying to make a different mod that is crashing OpenIV if I try to install it with this error:
user posted image

Here is the assembly.xml I am using:
CODE

<content game ID="Payne"name="Content Name"description="Content description in one line.">
 <archive:open path="pc\models\cdimages\playerped.rpf" createIfNotExist="False" type="RPF4">
  <replace source="content\empty.wdr">decl_000_u.wdr</replace>
 </archive:open>
</content>

Not sure what's happening considering it was working yesterday. It is also doing this for other archives and different assembly.xmls, although oddly enough not with the mod I released above. I don't have MP3 or OpenIV processes running before trying to install it.

EDIT:

I managed to get it to stop crashing by taking some stuff out, but now it seems to be stuck installing. Real trouble with this mod, and all I'm trying to do is replace a single file. Here is the .OIV if you need to take a look at it.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/test.oiv

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by DrDean, 01 June 2013 - 05:11 AM.

Oops, double post. Sorry.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 05:05)
Thought I'd let you know that I released a mod for Max Payne 3 using the OIV packages! Very happy with how easy it is, it will make future mods I have planned much easier to distribute.
Glad to see mods released with OIV packages.

On an unrelated note, I'm trying to make a different mod that is crashing OpenIV if I try to install it with this error:
Not sure what's happening considering it was working yesterday. It is also doing this for other archives and different assembly.xmls, although oddly enough not with the mod I released above. I don't have MP3 or OpenIV processes running before trying to install it.
It is very strange.

I managed to get it to stop crashing by taking some stuff out, but now it seems to be stuck installing. Real trouble with this mod, and all I'm trying to do is replace a single file. Here is the .OIV if you need to take a look at it.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/test.oiv
For RPF archives you need use full path even when file is in archive root folder.
Will not work:
CODE
      <archive:open path="pc\models\cdimages\playerped.rpf" createIfNotExist="False" type="RPF4">
          <replace source="content\empty.wdr">decl_000_u.wdr</replace>

Will work:
CODE
          <replace source="content\empty.wdr">/decl_000_u.wdr</replace>

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Friday, May 31 2013, 14:59)
Here is example:
CODE
<content gameID="IV" name="Name" description="Description">
</content>

I tried to make a map cleaner with all .img, .ide, .wpl, .xpl entries exactly as your example but it doesn't work. Even when I try only your three lines, the installation fails on me..

CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package version="1.0">
<metadata>
 <name>map cleaner</name>
 <author>folypers</author>
 <target>
     <game>IV</game>
     <game>EFLC</game>
 </target>
 <description>Map cleaner test</description>
 <largeDescription displayName="Description">
    <![CDATA[]]>
 </largeDescription>
 <licence>
    <![CDATA[]]>
 </licence>
</metadata>
 <content gameID="IV" name="delete" description="deletes map">
 </content>
 <content gameID="EFLC" name="delete" description="deletes map">
 </content>  
</package>

Thanks for the feedback you give in this topic, will do .oiv adaptation rate good! I also plan on releasing my total conversion with an .oiv install. The code I write now could serve as the base for other total conversion .oiv installers. And yeah, great work cookie.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (folypers @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 02:12)
I tried to make a map cleaner with all .img, .ide, .wpl, .xpl entries exactly as your example but it doesn't work. Even when I try only your three lines, the installation fails on me.
Probable Package Installer can't delete file with "Read only" attribute.
I will check it and if so it will be fixed in upcoming release.

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Thanks! Maybe, support for deleting folders? blush.gif

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Could you add a simple copy command for OIV packages in the next update, please? I'd really like a way to make backups of original files before modding them. At least if you don't intend to add a more sophisticated backup system like backing up the specific files being replaced instead of the whole image.

eg. Something like <archive:copy path="pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.img" type="IMG3">pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.imgBACKUP</archive:copy>

Might be able to have other uses other than backing up as well, I'm sure.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (folypers @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 19:59)
Thanks! Maybe, support for deleting folders?
Maybe, I will think about it.

QUOTE (DrDean @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 05:57)
Could you add a simple copy command for OIV packages in the next update, please? I'd really like a way to make backups of original files before modding them. At least if you don't intend to add a more sophisticated backup system like backing up the specific files being replaced instead of the whole image.
We are have plan to make an automatic backup system in future for Package Installer.

Recently I have add one small useful option into OpenIV configuration:
user posted image
Now you can change the background color of 3D Viewers windows:
user posted image

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Now it looks like 3ds Max. tounge.gif 'Original' is like Maya, I like it.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 00:39)
Now it looks like 3ds Max. tounge.gif   'Original' is like Maya, I like it.
You can choose any color you want:

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Can you make it changing the car colors?

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 21:26)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 00:39)
Now it looks like 3ds Max. tounge.gif   'Original' is like Maya, I like it.
You can choose any color you want:

You know what would be awesome?
Light support in OpenIV viewer. biggrin.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (direstraits @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 23:52)
Can you make it changing the car colors?
At the current time no.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 21:24)
You know what would be awesome?
Light support in OpenIV viewer. biggrin.gif
Sometimes Chipsman are working on improved shaders for OpenIV like bump, specular and other light effects. But currently we don't have a proper quality of it.
BTW, OpenIV Viewers have light, two sources, you see those dark spaces because of it:
user posted image

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Bump maps in the viewer would be amazing, I hope Chipsman gets it all worked out.

I've been using Open IV a lot lately and have come across some things I think you should look into. Transparency doesn't seem to work on pedestrians/playerped parts in the Max Payne 3 model viewer, as meshes that use transparency are invisible unless you disable the textures that they use by default. Weapons do not have UVs in the Max Payne 3 model viewer, either. I think you know about that issue already, but I don't know if you just forgot about it or couldn't figure out a fix for it, etc. When you finish installing a mod package, it says "Run game and check what you just get". I think you meant to say "Run game and check what you just got" or "Run game and check what you just installed". I also wouldn't mind having a button to go back to the install selection screen. If I have a few alternate install methods, currently I have to close the OIV package and open it up again to install something else. Not an important addition, but it would be convenient.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 03:33)
Transparency doesn't seem to work on pedestrians/playerped parts in the Max Payne 3 model viewer, as meshes that use transparency are invisible unless you disable the textures that they use by default.
The model viewer for Max Payne 3 is still in very beginning. We have a lot of bugs here. I hope we will have some improvements here after 1.5 release.

Weapons do not have UVs in the Max Payne 3 model viewer, either. I think you know about that issue already, but I don't know if you just forgot about it or couldn't figure out a fix for it, etc.
Both of it, it will be great if you point me at it again after 1.5 release or even better to have a ticket in bug-tracker.

When you finish installing a mod package, it says "Run game and check what you just get". I think you meant to say "Run game and check what you just got"...
Yes I mean "Run game and check what you just got".

I also wouldn't mind having a button to go back to the install selection screen. If I have a few alternate install methods, currently I have to close the OIV package and open it up again to install something else.
It looks like you misunderstand the idea of alternative installations. This is alternative installations of one package. This is mean when uninstall feature will be presented you will no able to install one package more than one time.
For example, if you have TEST pack and two alternative installation: TEST_ONE and TEST_4
When you install it with TEST_ONE then if you try to install it again you will not able to do it. So first you will need to uninstall TEST_ONE and then install TEST_4.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

is there a tag search feature . if there was a tags backup option it would be nice , in case when an update goes wrong (unfortunately it happens sometimes) , to be able to do a backup to xml or txt .. . an option to remember the game version when the splash screen appears , would be nice too . in modding each thing that is time saving is important

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

nasty bug tonight . i changed the livery of a car , rebuilt then crash . and guess what it took my img file "file empty" mercie_blink.gif . now i have 2 vehicles.img files one empty and one temporary that i'm unable to open . thank God i have 3 backup HDD but that was hot bored.gif

gta.bullet
  • gta.bullet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

is there any offline installer with update disabled? it always fails update itself for me. sometimes it stops downloading, sometimes manages to update, but then it asks for update again next start.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (gta.bullet @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 12:04)
is there any offline installer with update disabled? it always fails update itself for me. sometimes it stops downloading, sometimes manages to update, but then it asks for update again next start.

uninstall it , run ccleaner . reinstall . if the problem persists check if your FW isn't blocking in the background

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 02:37)
is there a tag search feature
Not yet, I hope to do some work with tags in future releases.

if there was a tags backup option it would be nice , in case when an update goes wrong (unfortunately it happens sometimes) , to be able to do a backup to xml or txt
You can backup it manually, tags are here:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\New Technology Studio\OpenIV\pc\[GameID]\Tags.xml

an option to remember the game version when the splash screen appears , would be nice too
I think I do not understand what you request here. Can you make a better explanation? (Maybe a simple paint image if it possible)

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 03:04)
nasty bug tonight . i changed the livery of a car , rebuilt then crash . and guess what it took my img file "file empty"  mercie_blink.gif . now i have 2 vehicles.img files one empty and one temporary that i'm unable to open . thank God i have 3 backup HDD but that was hot  bored.gif
Strange crash. Backup is still necessary here.

QUOTE (gta.bullet @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 15:04)
Here is no offline installer, but it can be created with current installer. And update will be ever enabled.
If you have issues with update I need to see at your OpenIV files.

openFormats I/O by Alexander Blade and MIXAZZZ

Release topic: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=560813

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

I was playing GTA IV the other day and I noticed something.

I have exported a land and placed it south of Liberty City using old GIMS and Old OpenIV 0.9.2. If I ever visit that plot of land even once, and go back to Liberty City and play as normal, the map of Liberty City slowly becomes invisible around 15 mins later bit by bit until Niko is basically walking in thin air. But if I don't visit that plot of land and play in Liberty City, nothing is wrong.

I remember you guys saying OpenIV 0.9.2 have a bad openFormats that uses up many memory regarding its .odr. I am not sure is this because of this or not. Can anybody tell me does this have anything to do with old Openformats?

Thanks guys.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

i was talking of avoiding this . for someone like me that plays only IV the 2 others options are useless

user posted image

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by DrDean, 17 June 2013 - 12:46 AM.

What? Why are you using such old versions, Limiter? The point of having new versions and updating them is so that bugs can be fixed and new features can be added. Open IV 0.9.2 is a long time ago.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 00:42)
What? Why are you using such old versions, Limiter? The point of having new versions and updating them is so that bugs can be fixed and new features can be added. Open IV 0.9.2 is a long time ago.

I have my reasons. biggrin.gif I've said it before as well.

GooD, can you tell me is what I said in my previous post a result of the bad openFormat? Or is it unrelated.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:36)
QUOTE (DrDean @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 00:42)

I have my reasons. biggrin.gif I've said it before as well.

GooD, can you tell me is what I said in my previous post a result of the bad openFormat? Or is it unrelated.

You may have your reasons but I don't think you will get much technical support due to you being on the stone age.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users