[REL] OpenIV (including openFormats)

2,757 replies to this topic
MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 13:01)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 18:52)
I wonder what will happen, Animated breakables? biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Limiter @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 07:07)
I get it now, it means breakable object thus the epic finale for the Open IV tower. smile.gif
The breakable object was shown in previous video, what is the point to show it again?

Note the word 'animated' in my sentence. I don't believe there is a WFT+WAD combination in IV, is there?
Would it be possible though? I know you have to link the WAD file to a WDR in the IDE, but that isn't enough because the WAD files itself also contains the hash of the WDR.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

OpenIV 1.4

Today, five years after OpenIV starts, we have achieved such incredible results that in the beginning I did not even dream. OpenIV 1.4 – It is result of great work, we done all those years, and believe me we have something to surprise you.

OpenIV 1.4 gives you opportunity to create your own unique animations for peds and objects in GTA IV. Moreover, not just an animations, but custom cut-scenes are possible too. Btw, one of the first custom cut-scene, which was create not by Rockstar Games, you can see in the video above. Be sure to watch it to the end. Many of you have a question, why it is finale, so now I can answer this. OpenIV 1.4 – it is last big release for Grand Theft Auto IV, we have done almost all we wanted for this game, even more than it was possible to imagine at the beginning. Maybe we still will release some new tools or updates for GTA IV, but no more openFormats or global things.

So, what’s new we have in OpenIV 1.4. First, it is certainly openFormats for GTA IV animations; yes-yes, we did it that is what you have all wanted. Second, the unique animation player, which allows you to view peds and map object animations, and of course, it have ability to play game cut-scenes directly in OpenIV. Besides animations very important for us thing is first version of Package Installer, a tool created to make mod distribution and installation much easier than now. I hope it will become a popular tool for OpenIV users. At last the texture editor now have fully new user interface, hope you like it too. Btw, animations it is not the only files, which get openFormats, you will not believe but we finally made a text-based format for GXT files, this is mean now for text editing you need only notepad and OpenIV. Also, please do not forget the long-awaited feature to set file associations with OpenIV, yes now you can open models and textures directly from Windows File Explorer.

Like always, you can see more detailed list of changes here:http://openiv.com/bu...ngelog_page.php

Download OpenIV 1.4

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Jaw on floor.

Amazing. cookie.gif

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

I have been waiting for this ever since creating a custom bed for Niko, I needed to redo his sleeping animation to fit it. Now it seems possible. smile.gif

Thanks Good-NTS. icon14.gif

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

Yay for custom animations! I'm pretty sure someone would muck around with a Kinect and some mocap software for doing custom cutscenes.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

How are we supposed to import and export .onim files to and from 3dsmax? Will that be part of Gims Evo? Or something else?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 06:37)
How are we supposed to import and export .onim files to and from 3dsmax? Will that be part of Gims Evo? Or something else?

Likely so. And we'll have to wait until 3Doomer would release a working build of Evo with support for animations (besides the much-awaited OFT support, of course).

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:02 AM Edited by Frank.s, 04 May 2013 - 08:23 AM.

Yeah, guessed so. I'm gonna mess around with the anim formats before Evo comes out. Gonna fire-up notepad and prepare for hours of pain.

Once again OpenFormats team, great work, you deserve more for what you do. smile.gif

Edit: Tweaked the quaternion rotations on the queens_e.wad: lol.gif

user posted image

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

This is absolutely incredible! I never thought any of this would be possible with GTA IV. I doubt even Rockstar could have released a nicer looking, easier to use modding tool for this game. I'm not much of a modder myself, but I can't thank you all enough for all the hard work. It really surprises me this isn't being posted about all over big gaming sites like gameinformer and kotaku.

I hope there is a PC version of GTAV, just to see what else you all can achieve with it.

Burnout3D
  • Burnout3D

Smokin'

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I am shocked. This is amazing. Thank you. I can certainly think of some ideas now that animation can be edited. Ok, more than some, a ton, lol. Wow this is gonna be great.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I think he tried to hint at V modding future with ending of the video. So OpenV and PC release are incoming, it's good to know.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

GTA V is going to have so much modding potential its not funny.

Possible possibilities:
-Big maps (Perhaps combining all the 3 era maps)
-Unrealistic fun mods...
*Changing the water to flood the map or drive on the ocean floor. Might cause you to see things online like people driving cars on the ocean floor/flying planes and heli's underwater well your diving, driving boats/submarines in the air, possibly having sharks spawn in the water of a flooded map, so it looks like they are swimming around in the air on other people's screen, that or falling out of the sky. I hope you can glitch non water vehicles underwater and drive them like on SA and IV.
*Swapping animations, which may allow you to make your player have animal animations. I saw a mod like that for RDR. It had a woman flapping her arms flying like a bird. Not sure, could of been a glitch.
*Making boats dive.
*Car tuning mods. (Might be able to mod my car's driving on the console version with save modding instead of ISO modding. I guess I could enjoy that well I wait for a PC version, but it will be a while before I'll want to mod the game.)
-GTA IV Complete Edition TC that allows you to play in LC from GTA IV/EFLC with the GTA V enhancements, and switch characters between Niko, Johnny and Luis.
-GTA Trilogy TC (perhaps GTA SOL) that combines all three of the III era maps and you can switch between Claude, Tommy, and CJ.

But one question. When GTA V comes out for PC, will the modding possibilities become avalable faster than they did with IV. Basically, will we be able to have more features for modding the game quicker than IV, as its the Rage Engine? The generic GTA style data file formats could still be intact, and you guys are more experienced now so it could be a little faster.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

very powerful and very easy to use tool . with that tool modding becomes something very attractive for beginners

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:03)
But one question. When GTA V comes out for PC, will the modding possibilities become avalable faster than they did with IV. Basically, will we be able to have more features for modding the game quicker than IV, as its the Rage Engine? The generic GTA style data file formats could still be intact, and you guys are more experienced now so it could be a little faster.

Could be, but that remains to be seen. Same with whether they might make use of stronger encryption in response to cheaters on Live or PSN running hacked games in MP.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hot-Fix 1 for OpenIV 1.4 is just released.
Do not forget to report about all bugs you have seen in OpenIV.

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

U say why?-I say goodbye!!!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

At the end would like to Fix parallax shader in material list.This is the only shader not working properly in the game.I think it is very similar to the tessellation,which at times will improve gta 4 graphics and low poly models.It's a pity that isnt working properly.
P.S.Great work icon14.gif

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Tesselation is quite different from parallax mapping. The latter would make use of shifting or distorting texture coordinates to give more apparent depth to it, while tesselation generally involves shoving more polygons to a model at close detail to add definition to it.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by Frank.s, 05 May 2013 - 05:00 PM.

GooD-NTS, could you add a keyboard shortcut to rebuild the currently open img/rpf? (without any messages or prompts) It would be very convenient.
Adding files to imgs by drag+dropping folders has been disabled in the newest version, can it be re-enabled?

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by B@ND!T, 06 May 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Way Good Stuff Man!

moto_whistle.gif

How make a autoinstall package? Please writing a tutorial!

I want option replace only alpha chanel of texture, not all texture, only alpha or texture

Please fix crash OpenIV with opened gta4.exe, maybe warning instead of an error in the program

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by DrDean, 05 May 2013 - 07:34 PM.

GooD-NTS, do you happen to have old versions of OpenIV prior to 1.3.5 available for download? It's an odd request considering 1.4 finally came out, but the older versions of Open IV were compatible with 3D Ripper DX - meaning I was able to rip Max Payne 3 models directly from your model viewer as .OBJs, but there was a change made in 1.3.5 that made ripping not possible. I've found an installer for OpenIV 1.3, but it automatically updates to 1.4 when I try to install it.

Oh, on a sidenote, I just realized that the OpenIV site still lists 1.3 as the current version at the bottom of the page.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:30)
GooD-NTS, do you happen to have old versions of OpenIV prior to 1.3.5 available for download? It's an odd request considering 1.4 finally came out, but the older versions of Open IV were compatible with 3D Ripper DX - meaning I was able to rip Max Payne 3 models directly from your model viewer as .OBJs, but there was a change made in 1.3.5 that made ripping not possible. I've found an installer for OpenIV 1.3, but it automatically updates to 1.4 when I try to install it.

Oh, on a sidenote, I just realized that the OpenIV site still lists 1.3 as the current version at the bottom of the page.

Out of luck man. smile.gif

I once asked the same question but ever since openIV switched its installation way back around OpenIV 1, there is no way to get old open IV once you install new openIV. GooD-NTS told me that back then.

In short, the openIV installer automatically installs the latest openIV and there is no way to install an older version AND also no way whatsoever to get an old open IV version.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

There is a way, if you would block all internet connections to the application or you weren't online at all, no chance could it check or try to update.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:22)
There is a way, if you would block all internet connections to the application or you weren't online at all, no chance could it check or try to update.

I tried that and it did not work. Even if you use the off line installer and off line instructions provided by Good-NTS.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 20:34)
GooD-NTS, could you add a keyboard shortcut to rebuild the currently open img/rpf? (without any messages or prompts) It would be very convenient.
Here is a shortcut: Shift + Ctrl + R
user posted image
I will not add anything else because Rebuild is not frequently used tool. You no need to rebuild archive after each operation.

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 20:34)
Adding files to imgs by drag+dropping folders has been disabled in the newest version, can it be re-enabled?
Ha-ha, this was fix for another error smile.gif
Wait for next Hot-Fix, I will fix it again smile.gif

QUOTE (DrDean @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:30)
GooD-NTS, do you happen to have old versions of OpenIV  prior to 1.3.5 available for download?
Here is no way to download old versions of OpenIV.

I've found an installer for OpenIV 1.3, but it automatically updates to 1.4 when I try to install it.
The web installer is non specific version it will every time installs the latest OpenIV version.

Fixed wink.gif

QUOTE (Limiter @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:39)

I tried that and it did not work. Even if you use the off line installer and off line instructions provided by Good-NTS.
The off-line installer works only if it has no Internet connection.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Monday, May 6 2013, 07:07)

QUOTE (Limiter @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:39)

The off-line installer works only if it has no Internet connection.

When I say "off line installer not work" I mentioned that it does not work in installing old openIV.

...Unless you say that it has been fixed and we can install old openIV using offline mode. But I don't see how that is going to work if it did not work back then. smile.gif

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

I still have the fowling versons of Open IV as offline installer.

If anyone want, just say, I will post the link.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (B@ND!T @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:25)
How make a autoinstall package? Please writing a tutorial!
Here is .OIV format documentation: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062321877
And here is two very simple example:
http://openiv.com/tmp/SubwayTrain.oiv
http://openiv.com/tm...bwayTrainEx.oiv
Rename to .zip and look inside.

I want option replace only alpha chanel of texture, not all texture, only alpha or texture
The textures are solid, it is not possible here to replace the part of texture.

Please fix crash OpenIV with opened gta4.exe, maybe warning instead of an error in the program

It is not possible right now.

QUOTE (Limiter @ Monday, May 6 2013, 11:37)
...Unless you say that it has been fixed and we can install old openIV using offline mode. But I don't see how that is going to work if it did not work back then. smile.gif
The off-line Installer works only off-line, if any connection here it will work just like regular installer.

QUOTE (direstraits @ Monday, May 6 2013, 21:30)
I still have the fowling versons of Open IV as offline installer.
If anyone want, just say, I will post the link.
Please DO NOT post any links to old version of OpenIV to public.

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Monday, May 6 2013, 17:49)
]Please DO NOT post any links to old version of OpenIV to public.

OK

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

vehicles locater is bugguey , i open a ticket . other than that i've just seen some features have been added/improved , this is great

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Lol, found the video to change animations, and respect for OpenIV, I think it would be appropriate here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users