2,784 replies to this topic
GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 13:07)
But in Open IV, I can't install the new update. It gives an error. Can't start application. CEP-001.
If you are still using OpenIV 1.3.1 you can't update it, and will have CEP-001 error. You need install new version with installer.

Now I have to climb behind my computer to disconnect the Ethernet cable so it can't force me to update every time I want to use the program.
You can just install new version and not climb to any place.

Would be nice to not be forced to update the program.
Forced auto-update is the main feature of OpenIV.

You should include something that can easily switch the EFLC registry for TC's so it can load the DLC folders from other places.
I don't get what you want in this part.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 09:41)
But in Open IV, I can't install the new update. It gives an error. Can't start application. CEP-001.
If you are still using OpenIV 1.3.1 you can't update it, and will have CEP-001 error. You need install new version with installer.

Now I have to climb behind my computer to disconnect the Ethernet cable so it can't force me to update every time I want to use the program.
You can just install new version and not climb to any place.

Would be nice to not be forced to update the program.
Forced auto-update is the main feature of OpenIV.

You should include something that can easily switch the EFLC registry for TC's so it can load the DLC folders from other places.
I don't get what you want in this part.

Ok. I see what you mean.

But for the EFLC Registry thing.
The package installer could include the feature. Basically it makes it user friendly to change the EFLC registry directory.

Why would you want to do this?
Because of the folders TLAD and TBoGT that contain the episode files. They are not read from the game directory. Their read from a specified location in the registry which is set to be in the original game directory. So the problem is, when you make a copy of your normal EFLC to put a TC on it, it reads from the directory that you originally installed the game in. So you constantly have to switch the name of your EFLC directories in the Rockstar Games folder in order to play different mods.

Say you installed EFLC at "C:/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar Games/EFLC".
You download a TC and copy EFLC, and the directory is "C:/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar Games/EFLC (Insert TC Name Here)"

When you run the TC from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar Games/EFLC [Insert TC Name Here]" the game reads the folders TLAD and TBoGT from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar Games/EFLC". Everything else is read from the directory you launch it from.

So you have to rename the folders every time you switch between different installs, so the game you want to play has to be "C:Program Files (x86)/Rockstar Games/EFLC".

The registry thing would basically make it so you add different EFLC directories to your list (by picking the exe you use to launch as some TC's use a custom launcher). Then you have a menu and you pick the one you want to play. The registry is set to the one you pick so the DLC folders are read from the right place.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 18:36)
This object was created in semi-manual mode with notepad and developer version of GIMS Evo.
Even you can to try to make new OFT based on exist model and ODR/OBN export.

So you can basically churn out an OFT if you're intrepid enough.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Nk, write an email to R*. tounge.gif Other than that, how is this a concern for OpenIV? He made a pakage installer, which isn't meant for TC's. The 'normal' user doesn't have OpenIV so whenever he\she wants to play a TC, they shouldn't be bothered with external programs like OIV to change registery paths.

Rockstar sux once again, they could have just read DLC from the folder where you executed EFLC.exe.

Btw NK, hardcore gta modders have installs in root folder of drive.

C:\IVSA
C:\VC2
C:\Gostown

All the way in program files\rockstar games is waaaay too long. tounge.gif

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 22:34)
Introducing "OpenIV Package Installer".
The most easier way to install and distribute released mods.

VQR-xnXkc4E

Additional information about archive format and script language ability will be later.

n1, something like GGMM for SA, now for IV.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 04:23)
Because of the folders TLAD and TBoGT that contain the episode files. They are not read from the game directory. Their read from a specified location in the registry which is set to be in the original game directory. So the problem is, when you make a copy of your normal EFLC to put a TC on it, it reads from the directory that you originally installed the game in. So you constantly have to switch the name of your EFLC directories in the Rockstar Games folder in order to play different mods...
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 08:29)
Rockstar sux once again, they could have just read DLC from the folder where you executed EFLC.exe.

Here is small ASI Module write by Me and Alexander, LocalEposides: http://bit.ly/eflc_loc1
So when you use it EFLC.exe will load episodes from they own local folder, and not care about what is in registry.
And by using it you can have many EfLC copies as you want. You also can use this ASI in your global mods or total conversions.

Also you can check two other my asi:
openCamera: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=547234
HandlingReloader: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=546973

Other than that, how is this a concern for OpenIV? He made a pakage installer, which isn't meant for TC's. The 'normal' user doesn't have OpenIV so whenever he\she wants to play a TC, they shouldn't be bothered with external programs like OIV to change registery paths.
The 'normal' users must have OpenIV to install mods and cars smile.gif

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Friday, Mar 8 2013, 23:13)

Here is small ASI Module write by Me and Alexander, LocalEposides: http://bit.ly/eflc_loc1
So when you use it EFLC.exe will load episodes from they own local folder, and not care about what is in registry.
And by using it you can have many EfLC copies as you want. You also can use this ASI in your global mods or total conversions.

OMG, you don't know how much this makes my life easier, Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Introducing new OpenIV Rebuild tool

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

OpenIV 1.4 - File association

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci Racing
  • Portugal

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

I have a problem,I can't import textures bigger than 2048x2048,Ir resizes automaticaly to 2048x2048.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by GooD-NTS, 29 March 2013 - 04:36 PM.

QUOTE (direstraits @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 14:00)
I have a problem,I can't import textures bigger than 2048x2048,Ir resizes automaticaly to 2048x2048.
This is limitation of your video card and/or video driver/directX.

OpenIV Package Installer

OIV/ZIP file description

So it is time to provide a full description about .OIV - OpenIV MOD Package file (Version 1.0)

.oiv file is a simple .zip archive. OpenIV can install both .oiv and .zip files.
  • .zip - It is better to use while MOD creating and tests
  • .oiv - Use for MOD distribution
You can rename .oiv to .zip and back at any moment.
Note: ZIP archive must be without password protection.

File structure of Package.oiv/zip
  • [content] - Folder with all content of mod
  • icon.png - Icon/logo of mod. Sizes 32x32. Optional.
  • assembly.xml - main file, contain package description and work scripts. Required.
assembly.xml - This is XML file. Root node must be named "package" and have version attribute.
Example:
CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package version="1.0">
</package>

Root "package" node have one required "metadata" node and count of "content" nodes (depends on mod).

metadata
CODE
<metadata>
 <name>Name of the mod package</name>
 <author>Author name</author>
 <target>
   <game>GameID</game>
   <game>GameID</game>
   <!-- Support all current OpenIV games: IV, EFLC, Payne  -->
 </target>
 <description>Small base description of mod package. Two lines max.</description>
 <largeDescription displayName="Description">
 <![CDATA[Large description.]]>
 </largeDescription>
 <licence>
 <![CDATA[The End User...]]>
 </licence>
</metadata>

largeDescription And licence are optional. All other nodes are required.

content
CODE
<content gameID="Game ID" name="Content name" description="Content description, one line">
   <!-- Script command for content installation -->
</content>

One package can contain many content nodes for each game.

Example of assembly.xml file (used in video):
CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package version="1.0">
   <metadata>
       <name>Russian metro train</name>
       <author>Mixazzz</author>
       <target>
           <game>IV</game>
           <game>EFLC</game>
       </target>
       <description>Russian subway train 81-717 aka "Numbered". All model parameters were adapted in order to fit GTA IV trains.</description>
   </metadata>

<content gameID="IV" name="Install" description="Replace subway_hi and subway_lo models.">
       <archive:open path="pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.img" createIfNotExist="False" type="IMG3">
           <replace source="content\subway_hi.wft">subway_hi.wft</replace>
           <replace source="content\subway_lo.wft">subway_lo.wft</replace>
           <replace source="content\subway_hi.wtd">subway_hi.wtd</replace>
           <replace source="content\subway_lo.wtd">subway_lo.wtd</replace>
       </archive:open>
   </content>

<content gameID="EFLC" name="Install" description="Replace subway_hi and subway_lo models.">
       <archive:open path="pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.img" createIfNotExist="False" type="IMG3">
           <replace source="content\subway_hi.wft">subway_hi.wft</replace>
           <replace source="content\subway_lo.wft">subway_lo.wft</replace>
           <replace source="content\subway_hi.wtd">subway_hi.wtd</replace>
           <replace source="content\subway_lo.wtd">subway_lo.wtd</replace>
   </content>
</package>

Video example:

Example of using largeDescription And licence:
user posted image

Script commands

The following command available for work with files:
<add source="File name inside ZIP archive">File name in game or in archive</add>
<replace source="File name inside ZIP archive">File name in game or in archive</replace>
<delete>File name in game or in archive</delete>

The following command available for work with archives:
<archive:open path="archive name in game" createIfNotExist="True" type="IMG3" >
<!-- file commands -->

createIfNotExist - if True OpenIV will create new archive if file is missed.
type - Archive type, for GTA IV: IMG3, RPF2, RPF3; For MaxPayne3: RPF4

<archive:rebuild path="archive name in game" /> - Rebuild archive.

The following command available for work with text files:
<text:open path="File name in game or in archive " createIfNotExist="True">
<!-- text commands -->
</text:open>

<delete condition="StartWith">Line to delete</delete> - Removes line form the file.
condition - StartWith or Equal

<replace line="Line to replace" condition="StartWith">New line</replace> - Replace existed line in file by new line.

<insert where="After" line="Find this line" condition="StartWith|Equal">New line to insert</insert> - Insert new line.

where - Before or After

Example images:
user posted image
user posted image

flitskikker
  • flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'd change the tag "medatada" to "metadata" if possible.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

flitskikker, sure. Thanks for the note.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yo GooD, great work. Cheers icon14.gif

I have a offtopic question which was inspired by your post: you know IV trains? They are made to duplicate the same model 2 or 3 times... _hi is normal model _ lo is LOD

What i want is to have a normal overground train like this:

user posted image

Any ideas on how to achieve?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

GTARandom, I have no idea about IV trains.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:06 AM Edited by nkjellman, 30 March 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Question: Do you guys know how to fix this?
user posted image
Basically when the vehicle gets dirty, the whole thing turns brown. No textures or anything. When this plane gets even dirtier than in the screen, you can't even see the passenger windows, or the paint job on it. Just brown. When clean, this plane is supposed to be mostly white. I think its a missing texture, but I'm not sure if fixing it is as simple as adding a dds into the wtd.

Edit:
Here is what it looks like when it is clean.
user posted image

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

Most of the vehicles have the same UVW Map coordination.
You must try to UVW map the plane to fit the Dirt map from GTA IV to actually make it look good.

This is no Open IV issue.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

OpenIV: Animation viewer - peds [GTAIV/EfLC]

More coming this month...

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Outstanding work there GooD, but it all flies into the water without Doomer's contribution.

What i mean is, don't you think it's time for EGIMS to update as well? Can't be busy forever and some explanation would be reasonable to ask from him.

I mean, i am busy too with RL too at times, but i can always estimate the time i'll be free in future and it's what i ask

Also, don't take it the wrong way: YOU GUYS ARE THE TRUE SAINTS OF MODDING

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

This is f*cking, the farther away the more refined your design.

Very good all in one editor, it is very convenient than divided into a bunch of smaller ones.

I think that when will gta v, you will only slightly modify your program and already you can modify the new game!

At this point, I'm interested in the development of programs in areas such as map editor look like as tool for 3 \ VC \ SA;

Replacing audio and music possible with the built-in converter to any MP3 can be directly through the program convert and paste into the game. And perhaps what or developments on cutscenes.

In any case, thanks for the program, greatly simplifies modification of the game.

Это охуенно, чем дальше тем всё изощрённее твои разработки.

Очень хорошо что всё в одном редакторе, это очень удобно, чем разделять на кучу мелких.

Думаю что когда выйдет gta v, вам останется лишь немного доработать вашу программу и уже можно будет модифицировать новую игру!

На данный момент, мне интересны пути развития программы в направлениях типа редактора карты как было для 3\VC\SA,

Замене аудиофайлов и музыки возможно с встроеным конвертером для того чтобы любой мп3 можно было бы сразу через программу конвертнуть и вставить в игру. И возможно какие либо подвижки в разработках катсцен.

В любом случае, спасибо за программу, очень упрощает модифицирование игры.

123iamking
  • 123iamking

Who am I?

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

Why don't you make a link that contains Zip flie . I mean it would be useful if all of the files are just in 1 folder and we don't have to install , just download and use

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (B@ND!T @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 14:05)
I think that when will gta v, you will only slightly modify your program and already you can modify the new game!

Unfortunately not i'm afraid. MP3 has modified IV formats and it's not editable, only a viewer. I'm not sure how different the xbox formats are, but considering GTA5 isn't even confirmed for PC yet, it could take very long. Think late 2014 or somewhere in 2015.

At this point, I'm interested in the development of programs in areas such as map editor look like as tool for 3 \ VC \ SA;

Same. GIMS kind of makes up for this, but you must have loads of Ram to load a map in and it takes long too.

Replacing audio and music possible with the built-in converter to any MP3 can be directly through the program convert and paste into the game. And perhaps what or developments on cutscenes.

In an ideal world that would be possible. A major setback in this is that a lot of audio is controlled by the metadata. To make that editable together with audio import, will be very hard. For instance, replacing a track in a radio station is totally worthless if you can't edit the metadata (can be found in: pc\audio\config).

As for cutscenes, you can't trigger them without editing the SCO. Now for the average user, this isn't what you call easy. Editing ped animations would be a lot more useful.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Finally animation research is underway. Hope this means we can mod player animations in the future. smile.gif

Good job OpenIV team. smile.gif

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

The mod installer package format does come in handy, but I'll still offer loosely-packed archives for mods just in case.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 15:06)
What i mean is, don't you think it's time for EGIMS to update as well? Can't be busy forever and some explanation would be reasonable to ask from him.
3Doomer is really busy at work now, we hope he will have some time for GIMS during his vacation.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 17:44)
Unfortunately not i'm afraid. MP3 has modified IV formats and it's not editable, only a viewer. I'm not sure how different the xbox formats are, but considering GTA5 isn't even confirmed for PC yet, it could take very long. Think late 2014 or somewhere in 2015.
Max Payne 3 have more common data in resources with RDR than with GTAIV, and GTAV will have almost the same code. And to be really honest, we already have some developer's tests with Max Payne 3 edited textures since December last year, but this is not ready for general public yet.
Also, now we still have GTA IV in priority over Max Payne 3, this explain why here is no big editing yet.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 17:44)
Same. GIMS kind of makes up for this, but you must have loads of Ram to load a map in and it takes long too.
Just give up with this guys, I almost sure you will never see "old style" map editor for GTA IV.

QUOTE (123iamking @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 11:32)
Why don't you make a link that contains Zip flie . I mean it would be useful if all of the files are just in 1 folder and we don't have to install , just download and use
This was discussed many times, OpenIV have web-installer and auto-update feature, and this will not be changed in future.

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 09:42)
The mod installer package format does come in handy, but I'll still offer loosely-packed archives for mods just in case.
I really hope "Package installer" will become one of the most used feature of OpenIV. If you have any suggestion to make it better please tell us.

To all: Thanks for you goodly comments, hope you will also enjoy the following news which coming this month.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Yep, I'll definitely use the package tools for my future mods, especially when 3Doomer finally manages to get the vehicle export working.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Keep up the great work guys. smile.gif

kaffmx
  • kaffmx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

how can I edit the WDR files in GTA 4 with OpenIV? I've searched all over google and found nothing. Can someone explain how to do it??

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (kaffmx @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 19:47)
how can I edit the WDR files in GTA 4 with OpenIV? I've searched all over google and found nothing. Can someone explain how to do it??

Open IV is not a WDR editor

You must use 3DS MAX.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (kaffmx @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 23:47)

Here you can find some useful videos - http://www.youtube.c...A2CED1EBDE51338

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users