2,757 replies to this topic
GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

In future OpenIV 1.2.5 will be used updated installation tool.
I've tried to make it max easer.

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

the previous one was faster but it is still nice.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

I was told by Blaster_Nl on the GIMS thread that open IV creates mipmaps automatically.

So it must mean when I import otd into wtd, it creates mipmaps for all the maps in it. (Including models without otd meaning the textures are included).

The problem is, I read an article somewhere that said creating mipmaps for normal maps require great care. Because normal maps are unlike regular maps, ie the colors represent depth and numbers add up to equal 1 or something like that... This means that any transform of the map down just to create mipmap produces a wrong normal mipmap.

The mipmap for normal maps must also be normalized. In other words, you can't just scale the original down in succession to create mipmap for normal maps.

I want to ask you Good-NTS, are the auto mipmap generating of Open IV also create normalized mipmap? wink.gif

flitskikker
  • flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Friday, Oct 19 2012, 23:00)
In future OpenIV 1.2.5 will be used updated installation tool.
I've tried to make it max easer.

[...]

Please revert the background with the yellow swash (Office 2013 installer is ugly).

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 00:59)
I was told by Blaster_Nl on the GIMS thread that open IV creates mipmaps automatically.

So it must mean when I import otd into wtd, it creates mipmaps for all the maps in it. (Including models without otd meaning the textures are included).

The problem is, I read an article somewhere that said creating mipmaps for normal maps require great care. Because normal maps are unlike regular maps, ie the colors represent depth and numbers add up to equal 1 or something like that... This means that any transform of the map down just to create mipmap produces a wrong normal mipmap.

The mipmap for normal maps must also be normalized. In other words, you can't just scale the original down in succession to create mipmap for normal maps.

I want to ask you Good-NTS, are the auto mipmap generating of Open IV also create normalized mipmap?  wink.gif

Why not test yourself? Pick any LC normal map, extract it as DDS and one as PNG. Open the DDS in any mip map editor.
Now import the PNG to any WTD, let openiv create the mipmaps. Extract it as DDS and also open that one in the editor.

Try to notice any difference with the eye, if you cant, use a byte check to see if they are identical.

The only issue with this test could be is if there is quality loss when converting DDS to PNG.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Of course I know to test it myself. bored.gif

There is a reason I need Good-NTS to answer this question. Because a normal map with a mipmap generated improperly cannot be detected by comparison.

In short, just because the mipmaps look like the regular normal map doesn't mean it is any good. The colors on a normal are chosen to represent values and are therefore critical to be renormalized even with the slightest transform and rescale because stretched or unstretched maps during transform blurs certain colors, thus creating wrong spectrum and numbers. Unless I am wrong in the above statement, I don't think it would hurt to have the authors of Open IV give me an insight on this. monocle.gif

So I need Good-NTS to answer since he made Open IV and would know it first handedly did he implement an algorithm that accounts for normal maps as well. smile.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (aacclapd @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 02:44)
the previous one was faster but it is still nice.
I've made it slower when I record the video. It makes video more smoother.

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 04:59)
Please revert the background with the yellow swash (Office 2013 installer is ugly).
The background is excess here.

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 02:59)
I want to ask you Good-NTS, are the auto mipmap generating of Open IV also create normalized mipmap?  wink.gif
QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 08:48)
So I need Good-NTS to answer since he made Open IV and would know it first handedly did he implement an algorithm that accounts for normal maps as well.  smile.gif
I've not makes MipMap levels in OpenIV, DirectX do it. So I don't know what algorithms it uses for it. But I think it work in the same way for all textures. So, I recommend using DDS textures in all cases.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (aacclapd @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 18:15)
W.T.F? this thing appears in northwood after i finish the last mission ("out of commission)

GooD, can you explain me why the f*ck this stuff apears from nowhere.
i think it's openiv's fault cuz i had not this problems when i wasn't using it. also i couldn't create models, maps and stuff but it doesnt matter,
is this really openiv's fault?

OF COURSE, THIS is not the first time it happens, after a while (3-4 moths later) bug dissapear, but i dont think this one will.

PICS
http://i.imgur.com/IzMgB.png
http://i.imgur.com/mk99b.png
http://i.imgur.com/UOW9K.png

This is a common bug in the game that I have noticed. When ever you modify the map, it will appear.

When you mod the map things that get destroyed in the game's story line get messed up. At their location, the place will be normal (not destroyed), but a destroyed version of the object will randomly appear somewhere around the map.

I think it might have something to do with the game lining up ide or ipl object counts to determine which object to replace with the destroyed object. Here is a list of objects that change during the story line that have this bug occur to. Some things may be missing. Spoiler tags are used because this technical info could contain story spoilers.

GTA IV:
-Roman's Taxi Garage
-Broker Safe House
-Garage in Bohan
-Gas factory in Northwood

TLAD:
-Roman's Taxi Garage
-Broker Safe House
-Garage in Bohan
-Lost MC Club House

TBOGT:
-Roman's Taxi Garage
-Broker Safe House
-Garage in Bohan
-Lost MC Club House
-Sexy time yacht
-Crane in Algonquin

I've also seen an identical bug to this in GTA VC with the coffee shop in the North Point Mall and with the warehouse in Little Haiti.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:10 PM Edited by nine30, 20 October 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Hi Good !

One question, can i use open IV without GTA IV cause i dont have mine with me (am soooo far from my home) and i need to creat IMG files... and take some buildings from IV for my new map... I dont want to download the game and if i could my internet connection is soooo bad...So Is there a solution ? you can reply PM if you want.

1000 Thx

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 23:10)
Hi Good !

One question, can i use open IV without GTA IV cause i dont have mine with me (am soooo far from my home) and i need to creat IMG files... and take some buildings from IV for my new map... I dont want to download the game and if i could my internet connection is soooo bad...So Is there a solution ? you can reply PM if you want.

1000 Thx

You can, you just need to have the GTAIV.exe with you because OpenIV has to read the encryption code from it. Browse the folder with that exe , and you're all set to use OpenIV without the rest of game data

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 21:25)
QUOTE (nine30 @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 23:10)
Hi Good !

One question, can i use open IV without GTA IV cause i dont have mine with me (am soooo far from my home) and i need to creat IMG files...  and take some buildings from IV for my new map... I dont want to download the game and if i could my internet connection is soooo bad...So Is there a solution ? you can reply PM if you want.

1000 Thx

You can, you just need to have the GTAIV.exe with you because OpenIV has to read the encryption code from it. Browse the folder with that exe , and you're all set to use OpenIV without the rest of game data

Thx, i google it !! i will test this day, my problem now is models... but i will try to use other models cause i dont have choices sad.gif

thx again

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 22:01)
QUOTE (aacclapd @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 18:15)
W.T.F? this thing appears in northwood after i finish the last mission ("out of commission)

GooD, can you explain me why the f*ck this stuff apears from nowhere.
i think it's openiv's fault cuz i had not this problems when i wasn't using it. also i couldn't create models, maps and stuff but it doesnt matter,
is this really openiv's fault?

OF COURSE, THIS is not the first time it happens, after a while (3-4 moths later) bug dissapear, but i dont think this one will.

PICS
http://i.imgur.com/IzMgB.png
http://i.imgur.com/mk99b.png
http://i.imgur.com/UOW9K.png

This is a common bug in the game that I have noticed. When ever you modify the map, it will appear.

When you mod the map things that get destroyed in the game's story line get messed up. At their location, the place will be normal (not destroyed), but a destroyed version of the object will randomly appear somewhere around the map.

I think it might have something to do with the game lining up ide or ipl object counts to determine which object to replace with the destroyed object. Here is a list of objects that change during the story line that have this bug occur to. Some things may be missing. Spoiler tags are used because this technical info could contain story spoilers.

GTA IV:
-Roman's Taxi Garage
-Broker Safe House
-Garage in Bohan

TLAD:
-Roman's Taxi Garage
-Broker Safe House
-Garage in Bohan
-Lost MC Club House

TBOGT:
-Roman's Taxi Garage
-Broker Safe House
-Garage in Bohan
-Lost MC Club House
-Sexy time yacht
-Crane in Algonquin

I've also seen an identical bug to this in GTA VC with the coffee shop in the North Point Mall and with the warehouse in Little Haiti.

Thanks for the detailed explanation smile.gif , after restaring the game, the object have dissapeared.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

I have some problems to use web installer, is there any place where i can get the manual installation because i cannot install it, it takes me 3 hours but still showing me it is installing, i have a very low connection.

Can i have a link for manual installation ???

Please.

Thx

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 21:14)
Here is no manual installation for OpenIV.

But you can create your own offline installation, use this option in current installation tool:
user posted image
It will download all necessary files and make single-file offline installation package. Then you can try to install it, but you need to disconnect from Internet otherwise it will try to download files again.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 17:30)
QUOTE (nine30 @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 21:14)
Here is no manual installation for OpenIV.

But you can create your own offline installation, use this option in current installation tool:
user posted image
It will download all necessary files and make single-file offline installation package. Then you can try to install it, but you need to disconnect from Internet otherwise it will try to download files again.

thx its workin !!!

i appreciate your help, really, thx !

sometime i have to open my eyes before asking smile.gif

one question, will you one day in association with 3DOOMER or alone make a tool for IV cars, i mean we cannot mod cars with 3ds max, using open IV and gims...

So now i will see my models in your genius tool !! thx again !!!

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

@nine30

From my guess, they are already in the process of figuring out cars since it has to do with oft.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 22:15)
one question, will you one day in association with 3DOOMER or alone make a tool for IV cars, i mean we cannot mod cars with 3ds max, using open IV and gims...
QUOTE (Limiter @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 23:48)
From my guess, they are already in the process of figuring out cars since it has to do with oft.
Yes, there will be openFormats (oft) for wft but in future. No one is working on it right now.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 21:29)
Yes, there will be openFormats (oft) for wft but in future. No one is working on it right now.

cool happy to read that cause i always wanted to mods vehicules or creat mixing IV and existing vehicules...

now am workin on midnight club IV, its difficult to have all the map with 3d ripper, some time it collaps in every direction

i tested open iv and change some textures... it works perfectly.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 21:29)

Thats what I meant. biggrin.gif In the process of figuring out but not working on it yet. biggrin.gif

Its been awfully quiet in the GIMS thread, wonder are there any big things coming up over there or over here for OpenIV. smile.gif Or maybe Doomer is just busy. smile.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:43 PM Edited by jpm1, 28 October 2012 - 09:39 PM.

i have a weird bug . i have a car texture with a strange extention and it works fine in game . but when i try to mod it , to change it with another (lighter) one open iv crashes . not immediatly but if i try to open car wft or wtd it crashes

user posted image

edit : the bug appears with replace only if you use import it works fine

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

i have a really weird bug , i installed manually a car mod just to test it quickly and now i can't browse the vehicles.img . WTD don't open and WFT CTD . reports were automatically sent . i'll test again later restarting the PC . i checked the tasks list and GTA was correctly closed whatsthat.gif

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

maybe you have to run OpenIV as admin.
BUMP

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

OpenIV 1.2.5 – new episode of OpenIV history

Download OpenIV

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Good updates. cookie.gif

Any insider news on 3doomers .onv progress? He doesn't answer if people ask in his topic and won't give information updates on his .onv progress.
If 3doomer never adds .ovn exporting to gims, would you guys (OpenIV team) make a 3dsmax script to import/export .onv using 3dsmax instead?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 02:13)
Any insider news on 3doomers .onv progress? He doesn't answer if people ask in his topic and won't give information updates on his .onv progress.
3Doomers does not have a much free time to work on GIMS, also he have some issues with PC hardware now.

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 02:13)
If 3doomer never adds .ovn exporting to gims, would you guys (OpenIV team) make a 3dsmax script to import/export .onv using 3dsmax instead?
I hope he will back to work on GIMS soon....

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Very nice update icon14.gif i watched the video and i have one qustion is it possible to change shader parametres, or to export them in some easy format them import them back?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (T-ru @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 12:11)
Very nice update  icon14.gif   i watched the video and i have one qustion is it possible to change shader parametres, or to export them in some easy format them import them back?

You can export WDR and WDD models to openForamts ( ORD, ODD ) and then open it in notepad and you will able to see and edit shader parameters.
After all, you can import openForamts back.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 08:14)
Very nice update  icon14.gif   i watched the video and i have one qustion is it possible to change shader parametres, or to export them in some easy format them import them back?

You can export WDR and WDD models to openForamts ( ORD, ODD ) and then open it in notepad and you will able to see and edit shader parameters.

So you can basically come up with your own toolset for parsing or editing OpenFormats files, most especially if you're using a 3D authoring suite other than Max.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:16)
QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 08:14)

So you can basically come up with your own toolset for parsing or editing OpenFormats files, most especially if you're using a 3D authoring suite other than Max.

Yes, but it's difficult, and why would one need a alternative for 3ds max?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Small hot-fix is released for OpenIV, just restart it for getting update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users