Photo

[REL] OpenIV (including openFormats)

2,777 replies to this topic
GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:18 PM Edited by GTARandom, 02 May 2012 - 10:21 PM.

Is there any way to move collision configuration on vehicles from the boat group to train? I've just found out that using the boat type(group) in vehicles.ide will let you walk inside the vehicle's interior freely, and it won't ragdoll in motion... I'm just reporting this because many people wanted train shootouts (inside them) and walking around in any vehicle as it moves and the cols in this type are read precisely (especially tugboat) , by precisely i mean accurate unlike cars, trains and a few others where there's an invisible wall preventing you to enter. tounge.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 14:19)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 04:23)
I'm interested in a few things and I thought Id ask.

1. Do you know what the gta_cache.dat does?
2. Is it possible to have a 3rd Episode directory added to EFLC? (I would like to do a Dubble Pack but the Trilogy Pack would be nice with the III era game to Rage mods that are out there.)
3. Is it possible to get EFLC to load GTA IV? (With out renaming the Episodes. Add it as a option in the menu.)
4. I see Xbox modders mod the taskparams.dat file. Its in common/data on Xbox, however on PC its in PC/game.rpf (something like it, don't remember) It does nothing when I mod it on PC. Is it possible to mod it on PC?
5. Is it possible to mod the menu colors on TBOGT and TLAD? (Ive done it on Xbox, but on PC it doesn't seem to do anything at all.)
6. Is the parachute portable to GTA IV? Or is there hard coded data that I can't edit.

But I thought that the RDR map system would be like a terrain file. I can agree that GTA V may use that system. RDR's map could easily of been made with one of those terrain tools to make the map. It would be a bitch to model it by hand. On IV they had to do it by hand. I think GTA V may use both map systems as IV's would be easier for cities and RDR's is easier for country and less populated areas.

1. Where is this file? I can't find it.
2 & 3: Probably Hardcoded
4. Try to delete it, nothing changes? Then it's one of the many xbox leftovers.
5. In IV it's hudcolor.dat, I guess episodes it's the same.
6. Maybe, u would need: the models, animations, sound, sco code?, act as a weapon? and some of it might also be hardoded if your our of luck.

But I thought that the RDR map system would be like a terrain file. I can agree that GTA V may use that system. RDR's map could easily of been made with one of those terrain tools to make the map. It would be a bitch to model it by hand. On IV they had to do it by hand. I think GTA V may use both map systems as IV's would be easier for cities and RDR's is easier for country and less populated areas.

A IDE\WPL system would be odd for RDR, I never expect to have it running on a gta system, it's not the type of map that would need this system. In IV, it's still the same system as RW, but I must say it's got a lot more messy in IV than it was in RW. Luckily gims and openivs made it very well editable, but still a sh*tload of unresearched resources and unknow values.

Thanks for reply.
1. gta_cache.dat is on the Xbox version. I think it tells the game which files to store in the cache.
2. With some major hacking I think it may be done. I remember ShakingASS saying he had a debug menu accessible from the start menu. I think it was a lie though or I misread it and it really was an idea or something.
3. Might be possible to use IV's menu for 1.0.7.0, but it may check for the DLC being owned.
4. I don't know how this file works on PC. I might have to investigate it more. I think it may be hard coded after a patch. Weird that its not needed on PC. On older patches the task params file was in common/data. Same equivalent spot as IV. But the mod Ive seen them do was one that makes the player spaz out and glitch around the map. I want to try to make something else with it and the retard superman mod is kinda funny. There may be other things in this file that I could do. May not need to though.
Video of it:

But I also wonder what the files in the root of the gta directory do.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:33)

2. Is it possible to have a 3rd Episode directory added to EFLC? (I would like to do a Dubble Pack but the Trilogy Pack would be nice with the III era game to Rage mods that are out there.)
3. Is it possible to get EFLC to load GTA IV? (With out renaming the Episodes. Add it as a option in the menu.)
4. I see Xbox modders mod the taskparams.dat file. Its in common/data on Xbox, however on PC its in PC/game.rpf (something like it, don't remember) It does nothing when I mod it on PC. Is it possible to mod it on PC?
5. Is it possible to mod the menu colors on TBOGT and TLAD? (Ive done it on Xbox, but on PC it doesn't seem to do anything at all.)
6. Is the parachute portable to GTA IV? Or is there hard coded data that I can't edit.

6. Maybe, u would need: the models, animations, sound, sco code?, act as a weapon? and some of it might also be hardoded if your our of luck.

A IDE\WPL system would be odd for RDR, I never expect to have it running on a gta system, it's not the type of map that would need this system. In IV, it's still the same system as RW, but I must say it's got a lot more messy in IV than it was in RW. Luckily gims and openivs made it very well editable, but still a sh*tload of unresearched resources and unknow values.

Thanks for reply.
1. gta_cache.dat is on the Xbox version. I think it tells the game which files to store in the cache.
2. With some major hacking I think it may be done. I remember ShakingASS saying he had a debug menu accessible from the start menu. I think it was a lie though or I misread it and it really was an idea or something.
3. Might be possible to use IV's menu for 1.0.7.0, but it may check for the DLC being owned.
4. I don't know how this file works on PC. I might have to investigate it more. I think it may be hard coded after a patch. Weird that its not needed on PC. On older patches the task params file was in common/data. Same equivalent spot as IV. But the mod Ive seen them do was one that makes the player spaz out and glitch around the map. I want to try to make something else with it and the retard superman mod is kinda funny. There may be other things in this file that I could do. May not need to though.
Video of it:
(Video)

I wasn't lying i did it once.You can be supprised what you research what the files that are unknown do.There's many things to be researched and cracked.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 23:19)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:33)

Thanks for reply.
Video of it:
(Video)

I wasn't lying i did it once.You can be supprised what you research what the files that are unknown do.There's many things to be researched and cracked.

I'm not sure about the menu part. But there is a debug.sco in the script.img. (I want to enable it and see what it does.)
But for the menu thing. Do you mean it was in the menu where you pick the game to play or in the start menu for the game you picked. (where it says Start Options Market Place Back)

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 23:41)
I'm not sure about the menu part. But there is a debug.sco in the script.img. (I want to enable it and see what it does.)
But for the menu thing. Do you mean it was in the menu where you pick the game to play or in the start menu for the game you picked. (where it says Start   Options   Market Place    Back)

It has it's own menu would say debug mode you select it any time you want you can pause game.Also I have gotten the debug.sco enabled working before but like i said i lost the successful files.It is a very useful debug stuff.It could tell about the error of a model has and such.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 23:58)
But for the menu thing. Do you mean it was in the menu where you pick the game to play or in the start menu for the game you picked. (where it says Start   Options   Market Place    Back)

It has it's own menu would say debug mode you select it any time you want you can pause game.Also I have gotten the debug.sco enabled working before but like i said i lost the successful files.It is a very useful debug stuff.It could tell about the error of a model has and such.

I think that was supposed to be for testing out other scripts and having access to all the functions in the game.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 00:16)

I think that was supposed to be for testing out other scripts and having access to all the functions in the game.

It is use to debug everything added or edited in game.There was much more functions and ect.I don't remember all.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 00:28)

It is use to debug everything added or edited in game.There was much more functions and ect.I don't remember all.

I'm going to enable it. I'll try it on all three games on all three platforms, SP and MP. I may even find something that was going to be in the beta.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 00:56)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 00:28)

I'm going to enable it. I'll try it on all three games on all three platforms, SP and MP. I may even find something that was going to be in the beta.

Why not we look at the lods that are in game to see beta buildings.I see all these III era beta mods based of making the beta map on lods and pics which we could do.I always get lods popping in that doesn't make sense maybe it was suppose to be something there.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:10 AM

Just checked. Both consoles have the same amount of debug files for each game. (same debug files) Have not checked PS3. I would like to look. Someone would need to send me a script.img and a script_network.img for IV, TLAD, and TBOGT.

Anyways in GTA IV's script.img and script_network.img I found no debug files. In TBOGT's script.img I found no debug files, but in TBOGT's script_network.img I found one debug sco. For TLAD's script.img I found a few debug files. In TLAD's script_network I also found a few debug files. However these debug files don't look like they do much. They look pritty striped down unless it is a small code that enables it. You would think it would be large code but the file may not do anything. However getting debug mode, you might be able to get some stuff on TBOGT online, but on TLAD you might be able to access more debug content. The code may be the same for all 3 games though.

Lets see what GooD-NTS says.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:20 AM Edited by ShakingASS, 03 May 2012 - 03:26 AM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 03:10)
Just checked. Both consoles have the same amount of debug files for each game. (same debug files) Have not checked PS3. I would like to look. Someone would need to send me a script.img and a script_network.img for IV, TLAD, and TBOGT.

Anyways in GTA IV's script.img and script_network.img I found no debug files. In TBOGT's script.img I found no debug files, but in TBOGT's script_network.img I found one debug sco. For TLAD's script.img I found a few debug files. In TLAD's script_network I also found a few debug files. However these debug files don't look like they do much. They look pritty striped down unless it is a small code that enables it. You would think it would be large code but the file may not do anything. However getting debug mode, you might be able to get some stuff on TBOGT online, but on TLAD you might be able to access more debug content. The code may be the same for all 3 games though.

Lets see what GooD-NTS says.

What you expect the file size isn't gonna show the true access of what it can do.Fire it up proper you will see neat features like i did.

Any ways let's do this by pm kinda filling the room here.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:53 AM Edited by nkjellman, 03 May 2012 - 04:15 AM.

There was barely any code in it however it might just be a small code that toggles it. May trigger something hard coded to read all the scripts so you tell the game what script to load ingame.

Also I think I might know how to crack the menu colors. I think the colors specifyed in the top of the hudcolor.dat need to be changed to crack TBOGT's colors.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 03:53)
There was barely any code in it however it might just be a small code that toggles it. May trigger something hard coded to read all the scripts so you tell the game what script to load ingame.

Could be i haven't looked at the coding on the sco but you will find it good when enabled.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:16 AM Edited by nkjellman, 03 May 2012 - 04:27 AM.

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 03:55)

Could be i haven't looked at the coding on the sco but you will find it good when enabled.

There isn't much coding, but TLAD seems to have the most debug scripts left over. They could work on other games.

Time to test my hudcolor.dat theory.

Edit: IDK if it will work. I have downloaded Xbox mods that had the TBOGT hud colors modded but on PC, they don't seem to change. I have changed some of them, but most of them are still rainbow and purplish pink.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 04:16)

There isn't much coding, but TLAD seems to have the most debug scripts left over. They could work on other games.

good luck.

Chipsman
  • Chipsman

OpenIV Team

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:59 AM Edited by Chipsman, 03 May 2012 - 02:22 PM.

There are precached collisions inside, apparently in the PC version it is not necessary..

QUOTE (pez2k @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:31)
Hope nobody minds me making a little feature request:

Would it be possible in a future version to edit textures embedded in WDR and WFT files using the nice WTD-editing panel? SparkIV allows editing of WDR textures, so it seems to be feasible, but I've not found any tool that works with WFT textures.

here is the video how to edit textures inside the wdr files, wft's aren't editable yet

pez2k
  • pez2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Excellent, thanks, I must have missed that.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 04:18)

good luck.

I got some hud colors to SA. Darker part of slider and loading description.

I don't get why its impossible on PC to mod. Ive seen it done on Xbox.

@Open IV team: Do you guys know how to change the menu colors for TBOGT?

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 22:35)

good luck.

Use EditIV.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 22:49)

good luck.

Use EditIV.

No thats not the problem. I know how to edit the colors, but the TBOGT menu colors are not changeable unless I find how.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 22:53)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 22:49)

good luck.

Use EditIV.

No thats not the problem. I know how to edit the colors, but the TBOGT menu colors are not changeable unless I find how.

No with EditIV you can edit it aswell it will edit hud and the color.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

I got a interesting PM today:

QUOTE (Ridgerunner @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 08:55)
  I was planning on giving the police peds a new look and saw how important making new textures was when I came across this guys post and it gave me pause to wonder if I've overlooked a mistake I may have been making in the past.  This is his post (sorry it's so long).  Do you know what's going wrong?

"Hi All,

I'm facing a very peculiar problem while trying to edit some textures for the regular cop's hat. All I am trying to do is change the insignia on the hat from silver to gold, or maybe even to that used by SFPD on their hats. I've successfully changed the color from silver to gold in Photoshop, and saved the finished texture as a flattened PNG in Fireworks. However, when I load them in the game, the top of the hat turns from its usual blue color to purple! It looks really odd, and I haven't a clue why that color changes, since I've just copy-pasted the edited insignia from the color-changed texture over the old one on the unmodified texture. It also looks fine in the PNG, so I'm not sure why the hat is changing to purple, unless it has to do with renormalizing the colors on the final flattened PNG file.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: OK, I've noticed that the PNG files look fine, but when importing into the game using either SparkIV or OpenIV, the preview image in the programs show a slight purple tint when comparing the before and after screenshots that I took. Thus, it will obviously look purplish in the game, but I don't know why the importing of the texture causes it to have a purple tint. So my files aren't to blame per se, unless I'm missing a crutial setting that somehow preserves the colors of the PNG file and thus leading to the proper results when importing the texture.

EDIT 2: AH! I have found a problem with importing textures! I just found out after looking at my texture mods that when they are imported into the game, they look much worse than they do in the PNG file! I don't know why that's happening, but I'm getting to the bottom of this. When you looked at the previews of my textures on LCPD:FR Forums, they actually look more pixilated and decolored than they really appear...I'm not sure why. Hopefully someone has an answer for me? My hard work will be wasted if upon import, the textures automatically lower in quality! Else, I'm going to do some investigations and see how to churn out even better HD textures, such that they don't lose quality or become miscolored upon importing into the game...

EDIT 3: For your reference, here is an example of what I am talking about: (Left is original texture from the game before importing, right is my texture after importing, WIP armpatch and ranking textures omitted. Both are screenshots of the OpenIV editor window.)

user posted image

As you can plainly and obviously tell, the left image looks much better than the right, although both files look the same as PNG files. I just added new textures to the original files, so nothing else was changed. Hence, I do not know why importing the texture causes this quality loss noticed here. This find can be a huge breakthrough for texture modders like us, explaining why our mods don't look as well as we made them to be. This is why I am trying to get to the bottom of this, because this importing problem basically spells disaster for texture mods, meaning that HD texture pack I was making will have to be put on hold until I can figure this out."

I replied with:

The answer you seek is very simple, Use latest OpenIV, when u import textures it automatically uses DXT5 compression. Do not use any DXT compression, but instead use A8R8G8B8.
Only use this compression if the DXT ones make your texture look bad.

Because I experienced this with the gta3 loading screens.

How does this work exactly? How come when you choose to automatically set a compression, it always sets DXT5? Apparently, it's wrong in some cases.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:32 PM Edited by nkjellman, 13 May 2012 - 06:34 PM.

I thought I would ask this here sense the Open IV team might be able to explain. This isn't a big issue. Once in a while I will start GTA IV and load the game up and it will look like this.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
It doesn't happen very much but has happened before. Also people are only visible when their a good 30 feet away. No radio icons, radar, hud weapon icons, map icons, map, anything. To fix I just restart the game. But I wanted to know if the Open IV team has an explanation,.

yurban
  • yurban

Kindly guy

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 22:32)
I thought I would ask this here sense the Open IV team might be able to explain. This isn't a big issue. Once in a while I will start GTA IV and load the game up and it will look like this.
It doesn't happen very much but has happened before. Also people are only visible when their a good 30 feet away. No radio icons, radar, hud weapon icons, map icons, map, anything. To fix I just restart the game. But I wanted to know if the Open IV team has an explanation,.

+, had a same problem, its interesting why it happens.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:19 PM Edited by GooD-NTS, 17 May 2012 - 03:27 AM.

QUOTE (nkjellman)
QUOTE (yurban )
+, had a same problem, its interesting why it happens.
I'm really don't know why it can be happens, maybe because mods, or because your hardware or because of Rockstar Toronto.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl)
How does this work exactly? How come when you choose to automatically set a compression, it always sets DXT5? Apparently, it's wrong in some cases.

It is work very simple, by file format:
BMP => A8R8G8B8
JPG => DXT1
TGA => DXT5
PNG => DXT5
DDS => From DDS file

user posted image

user posted image

First look at Max Payne 3 files
(Behind the link you can find more information)

flitskikker
  • flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

- Where did you get the icon from?
- Can you show the MP3 fonts?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 00:50)
- Where did you get the icon from?

Here - MaxPayne3/xbox360.rpf:/data/icon.png, but it useless for you.

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 00:50)
- Can you show the MP3 fonts?

Just a bad screens:
user posted image
user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:05 AM Edited by nkjellman, 17 May 2012 - 02:11 AM.

Hmm, looks like MP3 seems to have a GTA IV/EFLC like file structure. Can you show whats inside some of the files?
I noticed common.rpf, xbox360.rpf and playerped.rpf. I also noticed the textures were xtd. So are there files that are importable to IV, or the other way around?

Edit: When, or if Rockstar ports GTA IV and EFLC to the Vita, do you think the files would be the PS3 format, or a new format? (maybe if their really nice they will be PC format lol)

Edit: Could you send me that Playerped.rpf? That is if its possible to play as Max in GTA IV.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 02:05)
Hmm, looks like MP3 seems to have a GTA IV/EFLC like file structure. Can you show whats inside some of the files?
I noticed common.rpf, xbox360.rpf and playerped.rpf. I also noticed the textures were xtd. So are there files that are importable to IV, or the other way around?

Edit: When, or if Rockstar ports GTA IV and EFLC to the Vita, do you think the files would be the PS3 format, or a new format? (maybe if their really nice they will be PC format lol)

Edit: Could you send me that Playerped.rpf? That is if its possible to play as Max in GTA IV.

It is possible.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 20:19)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl)

It is work very simple, by file format:
BMP => A8R8G8B8
JPG => DXT1
TGA => DXT5
PNG => DXT5
DDS => From DDS file

Of course you should use what's best for you, so manually set before importing an image. Quality wise: A8R8G8B8 > DXT1 > DXT3/5 but of course compression wise it goes: DXT1 > DXT3/5 > A8R8G8B8, it's down to if an image has an alpha channel that the game uses, for example, clothing, normally does not, so you can freely use either A8R8G8B8 to preserve as much quality as required, but taking up space, or use DXT1, which compresses the image, but is better quality than DXT3/5. If the image has an Alpha, you can't use DXT1 at all as it doesn't save the alpha channel, so then you'd have to decide between A8R8G8B8 or DXT3/5 and then preview what's best for you. The main difference between DXT3 and DXT5 is just the harshness of the edge detection when compressing, so again, if you want to go into more, you'd have to look at both Main and Alpha channel, if the colours are more direct lines, you'd be better with DXT3 but if it's more curved then DXT5 would be the choice.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users