[REL] OpenIV (including openFormats)

2,844 replies to this topic
Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Fantaseb @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 15:38)
Please do not discuss xbox360 modding here. OpenIV is made only for PC version of RAGE games. It's just a small side-effect that you can also use it for other platforms (Hope Rockstar will use deferent encryption key on each platform in Max Payne 3).

@GooD ~ They wont use a different version just a updated Rage engine. Nothing that special, so really the encryption key wont be different for each platform they will be the same, or whatever.

The point is, if nts would make openiv to work on console games, he would be supporting console modding, which is "illegal".
Since the encryption keys are the same, you are able to open it, even if .black team don't want it.

MC:LA rpf archives are the same as IV, however, you can't open them since the encryption key is different.

I agree with NTS here, it's not meant to mod consoles, only pc games. I hope as well that MP3 has different keys.

Fantaseb
  • Fantaseb

One Nation, One Love, But Who? ;)

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 14:37)
QUOTE (Fantaseb @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 15:38)
Please do not discuss xbox360 modding here. OpenIV is made only for PC version of RAGE games. It's just a small side-effect that you can also use it for other platforms (Hope Rockstar will use deferent encryption key on each platform in Max Payne 3).

@GooD ~ They wont use a different version just a updated Rage engine. Nothing that special, so really the encryption key wont be different for each platform they will be the same, or whatever.

The point is, if nts would make openiv to work on console games, he would be supporting console modding, which is "illegal".
Since the encryption keys are the same, you are able to open it, even if .black team don't want it.

MC:LA rpf archives are the same as IV, however, you can't open them since the encryption key is different.

I agree with NTS here, it's not meant to mod consoles, only pc games. I hope as well that MP3 has different keys.

How cant I open the MC:LA rpf? I have my own tool to open the RPF archive, and the .img archives, so I dont need to worry about OpenIV not supporting MP3 etc

kuhacl
  • kuhacl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hello, how to edit the files *. WHM? I need to replace the texture.

You have written that it is possible to edit already in version 0.8. But I can not find this feature.

p.s. I use 0,9,4

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

kuhacl, unfortunately this feature is not available in OpenIV anymore. And it can't be implemented anytime soon by some reason.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:10 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 24 April 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Chipsman, yesterday I saw this:

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060928689

How can I encourage you to finish this ?, this is awesome, and I will tell you why:

1. Seeing your maps without going ingame is a wish for every map modder. Constantly going ingame to test your stuff gets frustating.
2. Even if a editor is not possible, I would be happy enough with a viewer. I still use map editor for SA daily, just as a viewer for the SA map, not to edit it.
3. I have a solution for the COL problem:
Make objects that use WBD green when u select them, make objects that has no WBD red when u click them. This indicates wether people can move this object or not.
Also, u could implent a function that extracts all models u have moved, so people can import it easily in max and make their own col.
4. Mapping generics without using 3ds max. Also because u can't import WFT.
5. You could attract more people to GTA IV modding, 3Ds Max is not easy and openiv is very limited without using GIMS.

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Chipsman
  • Chipsman

OpenIV Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:30 PM Edited by Chipsman, 24 April 2012 - 06:32 PM.

@Blaster_nl
I thought about this many times, I started writing mapper four times but later stopped, maybe because I am too lazy or maybe cause it is too much work to do for implement all features which I would like to see in this application, or both)

So i don't know what to answer you about all this..
Too little motivation..

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Chipsman @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 20:30)
@Blaster_nl
I thought about this many times, I started writing mapper four times but later stopped, maybe because I am too lazy or maybe cause it is too much work to do for implement all features which I would like to see in this application, or both)

So i don't know what to answer you about all this..
Too little motivation..

Don't just think about GTA IV, later on you could make it adjustable to work with MP3 and GTAV.
Ofcourse you want many features, that's what we all want. But isn't a viewer at least a start??
I also see it's a seperate program, why not implent it in openiv? Doesn't that make things easier?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl)
later on you could make it adjustable to work with MP3 and GTAV.

Max Payne 3 is not sandbox open world game like GTA or RDR.
About GTA V I believe will have map system like RDR not like IV.
So it means Map viewer/editor is must be made for each game from scratch.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 21:29)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl)

Does this mean gta map modding will end like we know it?

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 21:54)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl)

I'm sure modders will find ways to edit the map, It wouldn't be impossible

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 00:00)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 21:54)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl)

I'm sure modders will find ways to edit the map, It wouldn't be impossible

Ofcourse,

With 'end like we know it' I meant the ide, ipl\wpl, img, col system etc. Basically the base of the file strcutre in GTA3 and GTA4 is the same. You can clearly tell IV's structure is based off gta3, vc and sa...

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 19:29)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl)

Max Payne 3 is not sandbox open world game like GTA or RDR.
So it means Map viewer/editor is must be made for each game from scratch.

They might even end up using BSP trees in Max Payne 3, like in Source or Unreal.

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 08:04)
kuhacl, unfortunately this feature is not available in OpenIV anymore. And it can't be implemented anytime soon by some reason.

What reason?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 03:23)

What reason?

The reason in our resources system. We need to know full structure of resource to have ability change anything in this resource.

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 06:07)
QUOTE (flitskikker @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 03:23)

What reason?

The reason in our resources system. We need to know full structure of resource to have ability change anything in this resource.

Okay. But why did it work before?

By the way, do you still need a Dutch translation for OpenIV? I've made one before, so it would be wasted time if it won't be included.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 20:28)
Okay. But why did it work before?
In earlier versions I'm don't have a modern resource system like now. I've just read and write a complete memory blocks. Because of this, we had a lot of limitations like images sises etc.

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 20:28)
By the way, do you still need a Dutch translation for OpenIV? I've made one before, so it would be wasted time if it won't be included.
Yes, I will include all translations which will be updated to lasted versions of OpenIV and Setup.

Fantaseb
  • Fantaseb

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 20:54)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl)

lol

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

I wonder, what's the difference?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 01:30)

They are (RDR and GTA map systems) is totally not the same.
RDR Map is based on RAGE Recourses, here is no any .dat/.ide/.ipl/.*pl files like in GTA games.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:32 AM Edited by nkjellman, 29 April 2012 - 12:38 AM.

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 22:59)

RDR Map is based on RAGE Recourses, here is no any .dat/.ide/.ipl/.*pl files like in GTA games.

Explain a little more please? How is RDR mapped?
GTA V may have the GTA mapping system. Reason why is it is GTA. Rockstar seemed to stick to that format for their GTA games. However I think the bounds will be increased. Usually different parts of Rockstar develop different games, and the GTA devs are used to the GTA system.

But MP3 I know will have a new map system. Simply because its a game that loads many maps such as levels and MP maps separately. Not one large map.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 00:32)

GTA V may have the GTA mapping system. Reason why is it is GTA. Rockstar seemed to stick to that format for their GTA games. However I think the bounds will be increased. Usually different parts of Rockstar develop different games, and the GTA devs are used to the GTA system.

But MP3 I know will have a new map system. Simply because its a game that loads many maps such as levels and MP maps separately. Not one large map.

Like what I said earlier, I bet MP3 might make use of binary-space partitions as with most first-person or third-person shooters.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 01:31)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 00:32)

Like what I said earlier, I bet MP3 might make use of binary-space partitions as with most first-person or third-person shooters.

Would that be multiple map files? Or is that like the different universe thing like in SA with the interiors?

Chipsman
  • Chipsman

OpenIV Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

In RDR the terrain is separated from other map's models. There are 5 lod-levels in terrain. The whole terrain is divided into parts exactly 50x50 units (every level has different number of tiles for each file).
The map models are in models dictionaries. Each map area has one main file - sectorInfo, which linked to other same files (for city or etc.). SectorInfo - compared to GTA - this is the ide and ipl in one "precompiled" resource.
Something like that.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 01:40)
Would that be multiple map files? Or is that like the different universe thing like in SA with the interiors?

BSPs, as in like the ones found in Half-Life, Doom, Quake, etc, which are map files drawn with an editor and optimised as a level, rather than the GTA-style individual-models-as-objects approach.

Fantaseb
  • Fantaseb

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:51 PM Edited by Fantaseb, 29 April 2012 - 03:59 PM.

QUOTE (Chipsman @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 05:44)
In RDR the terrain is separated from other map's models. There are 5 lod-levels in terrain. The whole terrain is divided into parts exactly 50x50 units (every level has different number of tiles for each file).
The map models are in models dictionaries. Each map area has one main file - sectorInfo, which linked to other same files (for city or etc.). SectorInfo - compared to GTA - this is the ide and ipl in one "precompiled" resource.
Something like that.

Yeh your right, I managed to open these pre-compiled resources, thats why I was asking for your Placement editor source on ICQ other day happy.gif From what I have managed to map out from the files inside the RPF there is even WPL files, and a few IDE I sent the list, with a huge list of Native functions to listener the other day, and I am just finshing of finding out more Natives with my friends help.

Anyway console modding is not allowed, so lets not talk about in his GooD thread, and keep it to pm.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'm interested in a few things and I thought Id ask.

1. Do you know what the gta_cache.dat does?
2. Is it possible to have a 3rd Episode directory added to EFLC? (I would like to do a Dubble Pack but the Trilogy Pack would be nice with the III era game to Rage mods that are out there.)
3. Is it possible to get EFLC to load GTA IV? (With out renaming the Episodes. Add it as a option in the menu.)
4. I see Xbox modders mod the taskparams.dat file. Its in common/data on Xbox, however on PC its in PC/game.rpf (something like it, don't remember) It does nothing when I mod it on PC. Is it possible to mod it on PC?
5. Is it possible to mod the menu colors on TBOGT and TLAD? (Ive done it on Xbox, but on PC it doesn't seem to do anything at all.)
6. Is the parachute portable to GTA IV? Or is there hard coded data that I can't edit.

But I thought that the RDR map system would be like a terrain file. I can agree that GTA V may use that system. RDR's map could easily of been made with one of those terrain tools to make the map. It would be a bitch to model it by hand. On IV they had to do it by hand. I think GTA V may use both map systems as IV's would be easier for cities and RDR's is easier for country and less populated areas.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 04:23)
I'm interested in a few things and I thought Id ask.

1. Do you know what the gta_cache.dat does?
2. Is it possible to have a 3rd Episode directory added to EFLC? (I would like to do a Dubble Pack but the Trilogy Pack would be nice with the III era game to Rage mods that are out there.)
3. Is it possible to get EFLC to load GTA IV? (With out renaming the Episodes. Add it as a option in the menu.)
4. I see Xbox modders mod the taskparams.dat file. Its in common/data on Xbox, however on PC its in PC/game.rpf (something like it, don't remember) It does nothing when I mod it on PC. Is it possible to mod it on PC?
5. Is it possible to mod the menu colors on TBOGT and TLAD? (Ive done it on Xbox, but on PC it doesn't seem to do anything at all.)
6. Is the parachute portable to GTA IV? Or is there hard coded data that I can't edit.

But I thought that the RDR map system would be like a terrain file. I can agree that GTA V may use that system. RDR's map could easily of been made with one of those terrain tools to make the map. It would be a bitch to model it by hand. On IV they had to do it by hand. I think GTA V may use both map systems as IV's would be easier for cities and RDR's is easier for country and less populated areas.

1. Where is this file? I can't find it.
2 & 3: Probably Hardcoded
4. Try to delete it, nothing changes? Then it's one of the many xbox leftovers.
5. In IV it's hudcolor.dat, I guess episodes it's the same.
6. Maybe, u would need: the models, animations, sound, sco code?, act as a weapon? and some of it might also be hardoded if your our of luck.

A IDE\WPL system would be odd for RDR, I never expect to have it running on a gta system, it's not the type of map that would need this system. In IV, it's still the same system as RW, but I must say it's got a lot more messy in IV than it was in RW. Luckily gims and openivs made it very well editable, but still a sh*tload of unresearched resources and unknow values.

pez2k
  • pez2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hope nobody minds me making a little feature request:

Would it be possible in a future version to edit textures embedded in WDR and WFT files using the nice WTD-editing panel? SparkIV allows editing of WDR textures, so it seems to be feasible, but I've not found any tool that works with WFT textures.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (pez2k @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:31)

Would it be possible in a future version to edit textures embedded in WDR and WFT files using the nice WTD-editing panel? SparkIV allows editing of WDR textures, so it seems to be feasible, but I've not found any tool that works with WFT textures.

Zmodeller is the only known tool at the moment that can allow editing embedded WFT textures but it is very glitchy and i deffinatly don't recommend using it too much for anything else other then vehicles.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 20:55)
QUOTE (pez2k @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:31)

Zmodeller is the only known tool at the moment that can allow editing embedded WFT textures but it is very glitchy and i deffinatly don't recommend using it too much for anything else other then vehicles.

Well it works for Weapons too since GIMS IV doesn't seem to make them position correctly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users