4,175 replies to this topic
Drkz
  • Drkz

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Red Dead is ehhh dead when it stays on PS3 and Xbox 360

Anyway, how far is the progress in .yft-editing, can the glass of cars now break?

Heh, i would rather see proper weapons (read animated bolts and parts) than 242420498290428942879 imported vehicles but that's implying a lot of things.

jWILL253
  • jWILL253

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

I'm having trouble with installing certain mods.

I have been installing various mods in the game with mixed success. For instance, when I install car mods in the mods folder under "GTAV/mods/x64e.rpf", then try to spawn the car in-game, some modded cars will show up, but others won't.

In particular, I was trying to mod the Banshee into the Dodge SRT Viper. When I open OpenIV, and go to the proper rpf under the "mods" folder, then go to vehicles.rpf and replace the necessary files, I can see the files have been changed successfully. But, when I start the game, and attempt to spawn the modded Banshee, the original will spawn instead of the modded one. Yet, all the modded cars I modded earlier (Dominator -> Ford Mustang, Adder -> Bugatti Veyron) will all show the correct modded version when spawned.

I was also having similar trouble with modded cars installed in the update.rpf, where not only some cars not show the modded version, but the game would crash upon loading. I have somewhat solved the crashing problem (funnily enough, I had to re-paste the original update.rpf, and that somehow didn't affect the modded cars, as I was able to spawn some of them), but the game still fails to spawn all the modded cars in the update.rpf.

I have all the proper ASI Manager plugins installed, and everything is named and pathed correctly in the mods folder. I have the RSSC version, updated to the latest build..

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 6 hours ago

Anyway to get more in-depth logging on V? Getting crashes, and right now I can only see which RPF it's crashing on, if I could see which file it's failing to load that'd be amazing.

Theoretically it is possible.

What issues do you have with exporting embedded textures?
Maybe you mean importing?

No, I mean exporting. Exporting normal maps from a lot of .ydd files is broken, it only exports a full black .dds rather than the normal map. It's been like that for a while.

I don't know about this issue (or I just forgot)
Can you give me examples of those files?

Similarly to how we can create a mods folder for .rpf files, is there a way to place .asi files into a folder, instead of having to install them to the root directory?

ASI Loader support ".\asi\" folder, but not sure if all ASI plugins fill work that way.

I was waiting for the creation of such a topic :)

I just want to announce that we (OpenIV team) have plans to add RDR support into public OpenIV later this year and we will work for a RDR map convertion with the community. 
But it will be later.

Now we are working on GTAV formats research and as next step after it will be done we are going to convert Liberty City.

So stay tuned  :cool:

Any news about this?

Nope, we wasn't productive during the summer, so everything we plan is delayed.

Red Dead is ehhh dead when it stays on PS3 and Xbox 360

Anyway, how far is the progress in .yft-editing, can the glass of cars now break?

Not far.

I have been installing various mods in the game with mixed success. For instance, when I install car mods in the mods folder under "GTAV/mods/x64e.rpf", then try to spawn the car in-game, some modded cars will show up, but others won't.

Maybe the games load car model from update or something not from default x64 archive.

jWILL253
  • jWILL253

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 hours ago

Maybe the games load car model from update or something not from default x64 archive.

Are the game's default cars anywhere else other than x64e.rpf?

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 5 hours ago

Look in patchday DLCs.

jWILL253
  • jWILL253

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 hours ago Edited by jWILL253, 4 hours ago.

Look in patchday DLCs.

Ah. I'll give it a shot.

As an aside, I gotta say... GTAV's file system is a bit convoluted. GTAIV wasn't nearly this difficult, even though it infinitely had more bugs than V.

EDIT: Annnnnnnnnd... found it. Yeah, the file system is a bit redundant at times, for sure.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users