General OpenIV Discussion and Announcements

4,882 replies to this topic
sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by sjaak327, 17 September 2013 - 06:55 PM.

@ash_735 There is a perfectly good reason for all of this, something about a pc version that might be harder to mod if we start ripping the game to pieces now.

koolk
  • koolk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

@ash_735 There is a perfectly good reason for all of this, something about a pc version that might be harder to mod if we start ripping the game to pieces now.

GTA IV was ripped to pieces, and nothing really changed because of that in GTA 5. Do you think that rockstar isn't aware of the possibility of modding? 

And mods are a good thing for the PC version of the game, and rockstar know it. I doubt that they are going to waste resources in doing major changes to make the modding of the pc version harder.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

GTA IV was ripped to pieces, and nothing really changed because of that in GTA 5. Do you think that rockstar isn't aware of the possibility of modding? 

And mods are a good thing for the PC version of the game, and rockstar know it. I doubt that they are going to waste resources in doing major changes to make the modding of the pc version harder.

Well, it is always good to take the possiblity into account. Remember, MP modding certainly posed a few problems here and there for them.

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Indeed, but when PC version is out, that argument kinda timeouts. The same applies to RDR.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

But you may publish your work results after the pc release. This is a bit inpolite for users to show them screens and tell that this tool won't be released.

I've made my project in that way since it started in 2008, and I show progress to people who what to know, if you don't want just don't watch it.

They should know about work of others. In old times both OpenIV and SparkIV had been developed, now OpenIV/.black and LibertyV.

This is OpenIV topic not place to advertising other project.

In old times both OpenIV and SparkIV had been developed, now OpenIV/.black and LibertyV.

Respect other people and developers, please. Hope that my words are not rude, but seriously think about others.

Back in 2008 when we started, my team and gtaforums team (aru, steve-m, others) we have the save principles and moralities. Thats why now we all work together.
But this new people, does they have any morality any princesses? Let see when this open-source tool will ruin GTA Online in first few days.
We not release out tools to protect game form f*cking cheaters and pirates, this this work pretty long for GTA IV.

But okay guys, now you have the tool, now you have your new hero, so what are you what from me and my project?

Dude, GooDS you're such an ego show off, why should we give a f*ck about you saying how special your little tool is and that no one can have it, you're even passing this off as sh*t you've done all by yourself when I know you've been getting help. You're a con artists, after helping you out when you needed it, don't think I'll ever help you again, go ahead and run away with your precious black. Just look at how upset you got when someone brought up an open source project, you're just a leech, you use people to get what you want and then you ditch them and cut contact whilst taking all the praise for OpenIV.

What? What are you talking about? I've never say that OpenIV is just my achievement, I've always remember peoples who help me and my team.

Can you send some files from V? I already have my own PS3 copy.

I will share some files, later this week, for peoples who don't want do download 17 Gb just to look at few things.

He won't do it, GooDS is only looking out for himself and hiding behind some bullsh*t so he doesn't have to let people use his special tools.

What are you talking about? For myself? I've even not a modder, I'm not make any mods. I've made all this stuff to community.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

And yet we're not allowed to even look at RDR or Midnight Club LA ;) Only you have that ability my friend, such a selfish ass.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

And yet we're not allowed to even look at RDR or Midnight Club LA ;) Only you have that ability my friend, such a selfish ass.

This is not true, here is a tool in the Internet which can open (and maybe edit) RDR RPF Archives. You can find it on XeNTaX Forums for example. I can't release my .black tool by a set of reasons and I have name they many times.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Reasons that are paper thin. ;)

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by GooD-NTS, 18 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Reasons that are paper thin. ;)

Reasons are good enough for me.

Common data files from Grand Theft Auto V

24.png

Here is you can get archive with all GTA V common.rpf files, all extracted and ready to research.
You will find here all you need like handling.dat or gta5.meta. Btw, some of files just was copy from GTA IV and not used by GTA V.

Download files ( 13.7 Mb )

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Basically, just stop with the the videos, do you know how annoying they are WOAH LOOK AT ME I CAN EXPLORE GTAV CONSOLES FILES, but you can't, this is my tool, my tool only, you can't have it. You pulled this sh*t with RDR and you're doing it again, you just like having control! You think we should thank you or some sh*t because you've graced us with the dat files? Get out of here man. :p

listener
  • listener

Monkey with a disassembler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Basically, just stop with the the videos, do you know how annoying they are WOAH LOOK AT ME I CAN EXPLORE GTAV CONSOLES FILES, but you can't, this is my tool, my tool only, you can't have it. You pulled this sh*t with RDR and you're doing it again, you just like having control! You think we should thank you or some sh*t because you've graced us with the dat files? Get out of here man. :p

Sometimes, I wonder, why are so many people begging for things and so few making this things ...

Is it laziness, stupidity or what?

In the last four years, I often heard cries for "MC:LA tools", "RDR tools" and so on. By no one can at least spend 30 minutes to wrote his own unpacker. 

RPF3 is documented: http://www.gtamoddin...x.php?title=RPF

getting the encryption key, now, in 2013 is a trivial task.

What left? Is reading one structure and two arrays from file is a kind of a rocket science?

Looks like most people don't want to do anything. When they see a something interesting, but unreachable, no one says "Cool! It can be done. I'll do it!"

They are shouting "We are dumb! We are lay! We don't want to do something. Give it to us or go away!"

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Looks like most people don't want to do anything. When they see a something interesting, but unreachable, no one says "Cool! It can be done. I'll do it!"

Some people don't like reinventing the wheel too. Writing tools from scratch when there is pretty much perfect software done already sounds a bit pointless. Rewriting makes sense only when all current software sucks IMO.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well guess what guys, people DID go and make their own tools instead of sitting around and being told what to do from you two, enjoy having OpenIV fall into obscurity, you had a chance here to change your ways but GTAV is just too big to simply wait for you.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Basically, just stop with the the videos, do you know how annoying they are WOAH LOOK AT ME I CAN EXPLORE GTAV CONSOLES FILES, but you can't, this is my tool, my tool only, you can't have it.

Look, you got it in a wrong way. This is not "Look at me" video, this is a trailer for future OpenIV. R* release a first trailer for GTA V a years ago, so I also make trailer before release. But, I can't show PC version in this trailer, R* will not love it :D

Some people don't like reinventing the wheel too. Writing tools from scratch when there is pretty much perfect software done already sounds a bit pointless. Rewriting makes sense only when all current software sucks IMO.

It this case the software are "sucks" because it is not public. So now, we have other tools to work with RDR and GTAV and this is great.

Well guess what guys, people DID go and make their own tools instead of sitting around and being told what to do from you two, enjoy having OpenIV fall into obscurity, you had a chance here to change your ways but GTAV is just too big to simply wait for you.

Good luck. I will sit here in obscurity and wait for global modifications for GTA V not just cheats which now we all will have in GTA Online (and thanks god this is not my fault).

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

See, there you go again with the ego, You never released any tools for the console versions of GTA IV and RDR yet people still cheated on those anyway! You're not god of RPF you know! All we wanted was a limited version to view models/textures and listen to the audio, but noooo, you wouldn't let us have that, and now people have made their own stuff that just shows how restricted you were being, we used to support your project man before you became an egotistical ass.

• hc41 likes this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Ash_735, Yes, you got me. I selfish egotistical ass which spend last five year to consolidate work of many people around the work to make the most powerful modding tool for GTA ever created yet.

You never released any tools for the console versions of GTA IV and RDR yet people still cheated on those anyway!

Public OpenIV and SparkIV work fine with console version of GTA IV and you know it. As for RDR, as I say earlier here is a tool for RDR in the Internet.

All we wanted was a limited version to view models/textures and listen to the audio, but noooo, you wouldn't let us have that,

You know I have principles and reasons why I can't release even limited version of .black

...we used to support your project man before you became an egotistical ass.

What are you talking about? You can read original OpenIV topic, http://gtaforums.com...openiv-project/ I'm always was like this.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Face it dude, you dropped the ball, OpenIV isn't important anymore, we wanted you to step up with GTAV, we asked you, and you flat out refused, sitting on your perch claiming that you'll never do it and even got someone to challenge us to make our own tools. Well, PEOPLE DID! You just like being in control of things, don't think I don't know about your special builds, you can manipulate this program exactly how you like, you just won't because then you'll lose control over it, god forbid people have access to files right? 

It's just a shame, you could have done something really nice with this, but to see you act like a kid and throw it back in peoples faces, people who supported you and donated to you, etc, I'll make it known in future next time you do one of your begging PAY ME OR I'LL QUIT rants.

xroc88
  • xroc88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

@Good-NTS

Hello i am interested in the dynamic audio an radio stations of GTA V. Can you tell me info on how to parse these AWC files?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

Face it dude, you dropped the ball, OpenIV isn't important anymore, we wanted you to step up with GTAV, we asked you, and you flat out refused, sitting on your perch claiming that you'll never do it and even got someone to challenge us to make our own tools. Well, PEOPLE DID! You just like being in control of things, don't think I don't know about your special builds, you can manipulate this program exactly how you like, you just won't because then you'll lose control over it, god forbid people have access to files right? 

It's just a shame, you could have done something really nice with this, but to see you act like a kid and throw it back in peoples faces, people who supported you and donated to you, etc, I'll make it known in future next time you do one of your begging PAY ME OR I'LL QUIT rants.

It is his tool not yours.
Let him be and do whatever he wants with it.

I love OpenIV and will support it as it has helped me a lot.

Please leave this topic because you are just commenting something that is none of your business.

Go to that forum and use that tool instead! Doesn't matter if he shares it or not! He was helped the modding community a lot and you should be grateful for that!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

It is his tool not yours.
Let him be and do whatever he wants with it.

I love OpenIV and will support it as it has helped me a lot.

Please leave this topic because you are just commenting something that is none of your business.

Go to that forum and use that tool instead! Doesn't matter if he shares it or not! He was helped the modding community a lot and you should be grateful for that!

How much money did you give to GooD-NTS then on a false promise?

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

@Ash_735 Why don't you make better tool? So me or all of us will give money to you!!! 

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm never was in charge, OpenIV is never was the only one program.

How much money did you give to GooD-NTS then on a false promise?

I'm sorry, but when I promised consoles support or something like this?
I can return to you all your money.

0xArr, Please remove your SPAM links from here.
  • Alexander Blade likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Oxarr, please start a new thread if you want to discuss another project. Your post has been removed.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

The Music of Grand Theft Auto V

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Alexander Blade, 25 September 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Okay guys , leme describe you the way it was with IV and the way it is and will be with V , for everyone whos doubting this and still telling about some other blah-blah-ppl there is a [search] button up there ^ .

At first we had quite a lot of people working with IV when it first arrived in 2k8 , new engine was fascinating and everyone did what is always happening with newly arrived games - dig archives , textures , config files and dump some models geometry , THATS IT . There was nothing more what was done by some any other 3rd party persons which were not involved in gtaf community or were not already doing a lot of modding breakthroughs by that time . That part (at least the biggest piece) , which definitely involves a lot of efforts and time , was bring here by us , aru , boris vorontsov and oleg the author of zmodeller . Don't you dare to say such things for the people who didn't left after the game's hot time was over . And where the f were all of that random cool guyz with their super-ultra-mega-tools when we dig resources and when we needed more hands , such ppl r around only when the game is hot , not after , this is the way modding works for them . 

I'm not saying anything bad about other bug big V tools developers , cuz what I admire in people is their uniq knowledge and ability to use it , which all of us are seeing now while observing like V public research is taking a place . But believe me , they will left their software with limited functional and there will be no one who can continue that tools development . If you want to know why there is no public .black for V then the answer is simple -  we didn't want R* to change the formats and encryption ways if PC version cames out , not mentioning that console modding is not legal , but that was back to the days when we saw insides of V in a first time and there was no other tools , now it doesn't matter but we stand for whatever we said .

You think we don't want competitors or other people in modding who can build tools or whatever ? I mean , do you REALLY think that ? And the answer is - we want all of them here , we want them to build tools , we want them to dig the game as much as possible , we want people who's passioned about modding and coding here , the people who will try to overcome our achievements , who will do what we do and even beyond . Don't you get it ? Now it's not the time for finding and maintaining a place in the modding for a single person or a group , it's about fkn KEEPING GTA MODDING ALIVE

It's getting more and more complicated with each new game generation , it requires more efforts , more skills and more patience . Let's look at VC and SA - it was easy to mod , even a beginner could easily start making new maps and models growing his techniques , almost all of us started on this two , and now look like things are going with IV and what are the quality standards for the tech we are dealing with , it can't be compared . Modding with producing content like maps and models was usually pushed by the young modders generation , and now they either can't do that because they have no appropriate skills , or they will think twice before doing this , because if u have skills even of the average SA modeller you can easily find a job and get the real money instead of some mysterious modder's karma , they won't go both ways at one time . So guess which one will be chosen ? They have no passion for the modding like we had , the passion which wakes up in us now even after so many years .

I pushed the modding when no one in the community knew me , I pushed when no one here cared , I pushed alone and when it was only for myself , I pushed whatever ppl were saying , I pushed ONLY BECAUSE I LUVED THE MODDING , SO DON'T YOU DARE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO .

• Frank.s, Duxfever and j3smoove like this

xroc88
  • xroc88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Thank you so much for providing the audio files!!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Oh look guys, look how special GooD-NTS is, isn't he amazing that he can access all of the audio, and show it off, and yet treat us like dirt and never allow us to use it. Man, GooD-NTS, you're a great scam, erm, modder, yeah yeah, that's the one. It's a shame others are already catching up to that, enjoy your ego boost for now though, mr OH SO GREAT GooD-NTS.

And PS: I don't want the money back, that's not the issue, the issue is how YOU treated your donaters after that, you pleaded for the money and said how you'll be more open and stuff, and after we gave you money, you just cut us all off, that sh*t isn't cool dude, and I'm just making sure others know about it.

• TJGM likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Oh look guys, look how special GooD-NTS is, isn't he amazing that he can access all of the audio, and show it off, and yet treat us like dirt and never allow us to use it. Man, GooD-NTS, you're a great scam, erm, modder, yeah yeah, that's the one. It's a shame others are already catching up to that, enjoy your ego boost for now though, mr OH SO GREAT GooD-NTS.

And PS: I don't want the money back, that's not the issue, the issue is how YOU treated your donaters after that, you pleaded for the money and said how you'll be more open and stuff, and after we gave you money, you just cut us all off, that sh*t isn't cool dude, and I'm just making sure others know about it.

It's hilarious how you're going to get the hate now for telling the truth.. Pretty sad tbh.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

slightly relevant... could someone at least document Max Payne's drawable/bounds formats if OpenIV is probably never going to be able to export them to a workable format?

[email protected]!T
  • [email protected]!T

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

You look like a spoiled child.

You do not think about the consequences.

I saw that there are other, became jealous start whining.

Suppose the program will follow your wishes.

What do you get?

Start parsing resources.

Who would guess that change the configuration files, and here it is an advantage online.

Write changes to disk files

Rockstar again swear by modders who have spoiled them all the plans.

Improve protection, spending their strength, then modders looking for her to get around.

Put a little money, thinking you will be given access to? No!, take the money and do not f*ck all brains. Tired of reading your verbal diarrhea.

After your posts in general there is no desire to do anything. Stop it!

People spend time and nerves on the program, and you have them distract his caustic posts.

Do not worry, be released when the program will be the PC release, it is now not necessary, since the entire GTA modding only on the PC.

Keep calm and have a good day!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users