- - - - -

General OpenIV Discussion and Announcements

5,134 replies to this topic
41hc1
  • 41hc1

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 12:29)
The Captain Baseball Bat Boy audio was found by me when the game first came out, back when I had to manually import the audio and guess the frequency range, etc, so that audio has been around since day one and I actually made a few posts about it over on the News Wire which Rockstar chose to ignore.

They usually try to avoid anyone talking about removed content.

And where's 9 Circulos? The song that plays in the intro for Chapter 7. I can't find it in ambient_streams. I can only find it in audio.rpf:/sfx/cutscenes_final/07_01_fav1_seq_center.awc

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

This update is fantastic! The cutscene viewer and animation search makes everything so much more convenient. Also having lots of fun editing textures in MP3! Thank you!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 13:20)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 10:04)
Thats what I was thinking. But I read somewhere that those are not the way to fix it and that its something in the wft. The vehicle models are the same as original, just working lights, but the camera isn't in the right spot.
How exactly do you edit WFT files? And what do you change?

The people who made the light fixes said they used Z-Modeler.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

nkjellman, so maybe it is zModeler bug. Can you please send one of those "fixed" file to me.

QUOTE (41hc1)
And where's 9 Circulos? The song that plays in the intro for Chapter 7. I can't find it in ambient_streams. I can only find it in audio.rpf:/sfx/cutscenes_final/07_01_fav1_seq_center.awc
Some of sounds presented only in cutscenes audio files.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by City_Poke912, 27 July 2013 - 06:45 PM.

Few cutscenes from TLAD and TBOGT can't be seen, first frame of cutscene is presented.

Length of music - 3:60?
user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 16:43)
nkjellman, so maybe it is zModeler bug. Can you please send one of those "fixed" file to me.

QUOTE (41hc1)
Some of sounds presented only in cutscenes audio files.

The light fix can be found here.
http://www.gta4-mods...hicle-fix-f6310

I read that its a z modeler bug. It looses the camera data, and the data for doing wheelies and stopies on bikes. It just topples over, and you can do stopies well accelerating.

Edit: He didn't fix the APC. The program had issues with the APC.

Nikich76
  • Nikich76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 21:11)
sh*t yeah! You're the best, GooD.

Edit:

WHOA WAIT A MINUTE. How did you get the camera up there?

Edit #2:

Aw yeah, this is beautiful. Thanks again.
http://cloud-2.steam...C82952CB2B2B22/
http://cloud-2.steam...AEA7C2EAEF6DFE/
http://cloud-2.steam...D5E24A81206EDC/

Can we edit MP3 textures that are embedded in models as well?

Good texture)
Can you give a link to this texture?

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by DrDean, 31 July 2013 - 08:42 PM.

GooD-NTS, would you be able to add support for mod packages to import/replace .wtd textures with something smaller like .jpgs? I'm packing up the tropical shirt texture I showed earlier and it will have to be at least 30 MB if I have to used pre-imported .wtd files. That's not a terrible size, but I imagine OIV packages could get quite hefty in size if you were to replace more than a couple of textures. If I were able to use jpgs instead, I could get nearly identical quality and have the size only 10% of what it was if I were to keep edited .wtds in the packages. It would be a nice gesture for size optimization.

Edit:
Oh wait, it was 8 MB and not 30 MB. Oops., although I think my point is still valid.

41hc1
  • 41hc1

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by 41hc1, 31 July 2013 - 09:58 PM.

QUOTE (DrDean @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 16:36)
GooD-NTS, would you be able to add support for mod packages to import/replace .wtd textures with something smaller like .jpgs? I'm packing up the tropical shirt texture I showed earlier and it will have to be at least 30 MB if I have to used pre-imported .wtd files. That's not a terrible size, but I imagine OIV packages could get quite hefty in size if you were to replace more than a couple of textures. If I were able to use jpgs instead, I could get nearly identical quality and have the size only 10% of what it was if I were to keep edited .wtds in the packages. It would be a nice gesture for size optimization.

Edit:
Oh wait, it was 8 MB and not 30 MB. Oops., although I think my point is still valid.

Nice to see you're releasing it. You did a really good job. I remember seeing that on one of the first few screens, and it was a much lower quality than the one you did, but that's probably because it was an early version of the game.
user posted image
What is the file(s) that changes what weapons spawn? The desert eagle only appears a few times in singleplayer with very limited ammo, but in a bunch of screenshots, it can be seen, even in levels it's not in.

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by DrDean, 01 August 2013 - 03:38 AM.

I hope you don't mind me releasing the mod here, there aren't really any dedicated Max Payne 3 mod sites

Beta Tropical Shirt Mod for Max Payne 3

DOWNLOAD (Wuala)
MIRROR #1 (ModDB)
MIRROR #2 (Sendspace)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
This is a custom texture made to represent the beta red tropical shirt that Max was seen wearing in a couple of screenshots of Max Payne 3 a few months prior to release. It will replace all variations of his outfit used throughout the storyline as well as his multiplayer deathmatch avatar. Will not appear in pre-rendered cutscenes, obviously.

And I think the weapon spawning stuff might be in the .SCO files somewhere, 41hc1. I don't think it can be accessed, at least as far as I looked. A weapon spawner like in GTA IV might be possible if Alexander Blade sorts out an .ASI loader or something.
  • ZT- likes this

41hc1
  • 41hc1

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:17 AM Edited by 41hc1, 03 August 2013 - 06:48 AM.

QUOTE (DrDean @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:45)
I hope you don't mind me releasing the mod here, there aren't really any dedicated Max Payne 3 mod sites

Beta Tropical Shirt Mod for Max Payne 3

DOWNLOAD (Wuala)
MIRROR #1 (ModDB)
MIRROR #2 (Sendspace)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
This is a custom texture made to represent the beta red tropical shirt that Max was seen wearing in a couple of screenshots of Max Payne 3 a few months prior to release. It will replace all variations of his outfit used throughout the storyline as well as his multiplayer deathmatch avatar. Will not appear in pre-rendered cutscenes, obviously.

And I think the weapon spawning stuff might be in the .SCO files somewhere, 41hc1. I don't think it can be accessed, at least as far as I looked. A weapon spawner like in GTA IV might be possible if Alexander Blade sorts out an .ASI loader or something.
Thanks for releasing this. Some keep things like this to themselves, but I shouldn't really get into that. I prefer this shirt more than the one in the final release, it suits Max more.
user posted image
user posted image
Yes, I do think the spawning is somewhere in the .SCO too. I think they're not readable.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

I got a favor to ask the developers. Sense you guys have Black, I was wondering if you could give me a few things from the console version of EFLC (preferably Xbox 360). I need them to help me with my PC Bug Fix mod.

I need the following extracted as OFT/ODR. (Need dds, mesh files, everything that's extracted out)
-apc.xft (In TBoGT vehicles.img): So I can fully optimize APC shaders so the head lights show through the panels on the front.
-hk_strip_mh3.xdr (In manhat03.img for EFLC): I need the dds files too. The parts with missing textures are ploygons covering the building. I believe it's an overlay and the PC is missing the texture. I don't want to remove polygons covering it because I think they are supposed to be there.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 08:26)
I got a favor to ask the developers. Sense you guys have Black, I was wondering if you could give me a few things from the console version of EFLC (preferably Xbox 360). I need them to help me with my PC Bug Fix mod.

I need the following extracted as OFT/ODR. (Need dds, mesh files, everything that's extracted out)
-apc.xft (In TBoGT vehicles.img): So I can fully optimize APC shaders so the head lights show through the panels on the front.
-hk_strip_mh3.xdr (In manhat03.img for EFLC): I need the dds files too. The parts with missing textures are ploygons covering the building. I believe it's an overlay and the PC is missing the texture. I don't want to remove polygons covering it because I think they are supposed to be there.

Maybe you can buy .black, for...

But in all seriousness, why won't you just try some other shader? There are only a dozen gta_vehicle shaders.
  • GTARandom likes this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 20:55)
Few cutscenes from TLAD and TBOGT can't be seen, first frame of cutscene is presented.
Which exactly cutscenes?
QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 20:55)
Length of music - 3:60?
http://i.imgur.com/lO3ukwl.png
Will be fixed in next release, thanks for the report.

QUOTE (DrDean @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 00:36)
GooD-NTS, would you be able to add support for mod packages to import/replace .wtd textures with something smaller like .jpgs?
I had this idea a long time ago (a few years back when I just start to think about making Package Installer). But now I want to make Package Installer maximum game-independent, but the WTD edited is very game-specific functionality. Maybe I do this later, but I can't promise anything. And 8 Mb is not a big size to care about.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 02:41)
I read that its a z modeler bug. It looses the camera data, and the data for doing wheelies and stopies on bikes. It just topples over, and you can do stopies well accelerating.

Edit: He didn't fix the APC. The program had issues with the APC.
I still think you no need to edit mesh data to fix light issues.
And can you please show me two screens with the same car where one is fixed and one is original. I just don't know what you are fixing.
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 10:26)

We don't have any openFormats for any other games expect PC version of GTA IV. So I can't extract OFT/ODR from XBOX version of GTA IV.
Only PC version of GTA IV have all this cool features like openFormats or cool models viewers and others. Consoles versions don't have this stuff.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

nkjellman is talking about .black.

You once said that it does game consoles and has all the good features of openiv plus more since openiv spawns from it.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 23:26)
nkjellman is talking about .black.
I know about he is talking.

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 23:26)
You once said that it does game consoles and has all the good features of openiv plus more since openiv spawns from it.
Okay, I think a need a little explanation here.

So, begin:

First, OpenIV and .black is the same program and it is compiled from the same source code. But .black simply have more files than OpenIV. This is mean .black have all features form OpenIV, but OpenIV don't have features from .black. And of course you can't transform OpenIV to .black because OpenIV just don't have all code inside. Also black have load extended config files which is not included in public OpenIV release.

user posted image

Second, each platform and game have many specific things. For example, compression: In PC version is zlib, in XBOX is LZX, so .black can use LZX because of specific DLL file which we got from XBOX SDK, this file is can't be published with OpenIV. (This is one of the reasons why we can't release "view only" version for consoles games). Games have differences in code and structures. So for made some feature we need to write a game and platform specific code for it. For example, openFormats: To make it we need to describe all structures which is used in model file. This structures/classes are platform specific. So, we start make openFormats after PC release, this is mean we make it for PC, because we need to release it to community. This is mean we don't have openFormats for xbox because we don't make it just for us because we will not use it anyway. Yes, we have all technologies and knowledge to do this, but we will not do it just for us, we always want to make more useful things for the community.
Also consoles version required a very specific code for rendering (to tell the truth we need to decode all GPU specific data like textures or vertex buffer in models), this is mean we don't have model viewer for XBOX version of GTA IV. (But we probable have it for other consoles games)

Since Max Payne 3 is released we try to make .black/OpenIV more universal in many ways, but still PC version is in priority. For example in Max Payne 3 we have textures and collision viewer work for PC and XBOX, but Models viewer and Texture editor is implemented only for PC version.

I'm sure GTA V will have more features for XBOX because we will have much more time for researching it before PC release. But it will helps us a lot to bring this features faster for PC community.

As a summary: Yes .black can open consoles games, and yes it have all features from OpenIV, but not all of this features available for consoles games.
user posted image

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Dang, you guys got Grand Theft Auto V already? tounge.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

I see what your getting at.

You could make it so with Black, you have to locate an ISO.

But, I might be able to get the data I need with a Hex Exditior.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

So isn't there any free LZX implementation so you could get rid of the hot DLL?

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 23:33)

That's the thing, it's compressed, you can't look up such data (I believe u are referring to the APC?), it would need to be uncompressed first.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 21:42)

That's what I'm thinking, too. Then again if a freely-licensed LZX library is available, it would probably make OpenIV more of a Pandora's Box for multiplayer users who are already fed up with hackers. But alas, they've been messing up MP games in the first place so what gives?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

OpenIV 1.5.5 - Favorites

QUOTE (DrDean @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 01:07)
Dang, you guys got Grand Theft Auto V already? tounge.gif
No, it is just placeholder for now. (As you can see here is no any platform in the list)

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 01:33)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 02:39)
That's the thing, it's compressed, you can't look up such data (I believe u are referring to the APC?), it would need to be uncompressed first.
You can get WFT file from xbox RPF (it is easy since OpenIV is work for all GTA IV RPFs don't matter which platform is). You can even decompress WFT file to raw data (You just need to find the way how to).
But, decoding vertex buffer it is not so easy and it is required a strong knowledge how AMD graphics cards work (some of this can be found on AMD's website).

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 01:42)
QUOTE (lpgunit @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 03:36)
That's what I'm thinking, too. Then again if a freely-licensed LZX library is available, it would probably make OpenIV more of a Pandora's Box for multiplayer users who are already fed up with hackers. But alas, they've been messing up MP games in the first place so what gives?
Yes it is exist, we even use one of this back in 2008, it was terrible smile.gif . But the LZX is not the only thing, we also have other which can't be replaced.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thought I'd ask, are Max Payne 3 natives known?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 18:54)
Thought I'd ask, are Max Payne 3 natives known?
Here is the list:
http://openiv.com/re...ne3_Natives.txt

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by SilentPL, 17 August 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Thanks smile.gif Are they in order they appear in the EXE (assuming their handling is similar to IV)?

EDIT:
Hey guys, it looks like I managed to dump GXT entries from a running game using a simple ASI script, appending new entries to OpenIV GxtList.txt:

user posted image

I'll be playing with this ASI now and it'll be dumping entries as I play - when I get a nice amount of texts, I'll send the file back to you guys, as 2300 entries is way too few smile.gif

EDIT:
Got 600 texts already smile.gif

Although clues seem to call CText::Get on weird entries...
CODE
EI_MSG_sclb_FabsDress
EI_MSG_sclb_SoccerBody
EI_MSG_sclb_ClubFlyer

And so on. Any idea if they're valid GXT entries?

EDIT2:
GxtList.txt has over 4000 entries now! That's coming along smooth, no performance hit and such (although I got 3 infinite loops already, guess the code has a minor glitch somewhere) smile.gif

EDIT3:
Any idea why the hell texts are duplicated two, three or even five times in the GXT? wow.gif

EDIT4:

CODE
0x2AC17781 = ~z~I had a liver like a French goose and skin like red leather.
06_07_OFF_24 = ~z~I had a liver like a French goose and skin like red leather.
0x0CABA547 = ~z~I had a liver like a French goose and skin like red leather.

That's really weird. No idea why so many texts are duplicated dozingoff.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 00:23)
Are they in order they appear in the EXE (assuming their handling is similar to IV)?
Nope, they are sorted by name in this list.

I'll be playing with this ASI now and it'll be dumping entries as I play - when I get a nice amount of texts, I'll send the file back to you guys, as 2300 entries is way too few smile.gif
This is will be great to have all this keys.

Any idea why the hell texts are duplicated two, three or even five times in the GXT? wow.gif
This is Rockstar style smile.gif

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Silent working on rage engine games?

Awesome! biggrin.gif

Mr. Leisurewear
  • Mr. Leisurewear

Get that cooch !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

GooD-NTS any update on max payne 3 .wdr export ?

DrDean
  • DrDean

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

Are those natives for use with ASI plugins?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (DrDean @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 20:37)
Are those natives for use with ASI plugins?

If there were any, yeah. Not sure what progress Alexander Blade has with RE but afaik it's quite tough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users