General OpenIV Discussion and Announcements

5,257 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Problem is, specifically with the MP map, it leads to memory issues like glitched invisible buildings (probably due to the script forcing the game to load two maps at the same time) and crashing if you have any OIV mods like custom cars installed.

I'm pretty sure the game crashes because your reach one of the limit (for example, RPF archives) not because it have any incompatibility with OpenIV mods.

I bet it is that. When I merge my add on cars into the Rockstar DLC files, no RPF's are added. My game is completely stable, and I have 100 add on cars, and I am using the MP Map.

So there are a number of ways that the OpenIV team can fix this issue both with the map, and other add on mods.

-Merge it with one of Rockstar's DLC packs.

-Create a DLC pack that can have content added to it. It has a limited amount of RPF's. So if you wanna install a map or a car, you run the tool and it adds the data to the equivalent files. Where ever possible, don't actually use RPF's. Just use folders. I am not sure if it is possible to simply not use RPF's inside the RPF, but find a way to cut it down. If you can't have the files in folders, maybe have folders in their RPF's. For example, in the RPF for vehicles, have folders for the vehicle files, and mod kit files. But if you can't do that, maybe come up with a prefix naming scheme. So for example, with LC, have the prefix be the name of the folder it was in for GTA IV. So all of the files in manhat01 would have file names that start with manhat01_[name].ydr, manhat01_[name].ytd, manhat01_[name].ydd, manhat01_[name].ymap, manhat01_[name].ytyp, etc...

-Crack the RPF limit to allow more RPF's. I should  point out that in the next update for GTA Online, Rockstar may have to do this, especially if it is a large DLC. It is ether that or have the files organized in a way that minimizes the number of RPF's.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Claude_Lib, 2 days ago.

I encountered a bug in OpenIV and successfully reproduced it on two machines. It appears that Search (and maybe other functions) doesn't work properly when there's a Model Viewer window minimized. At least in GTA V. Steps I used to reproduce the bug:

Spoiler

Bad Company
  • Bad Company

Player Hater

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 2 days ago

@GooD-NTS

already fix it,because antivirus block it

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 days ago

when will the 2.9 most likely released?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 2 days ago

I encountered a bug in OpenIV and successfully reproduced it on two machines. It appears that Search (and maybe other functions) doesn't work properly when there's a Model Viewer window minimized. At least in GTA V. Steps I used to reproduce the bug:

Thank you for the report. I can reproduce it, will look how to fix.

already fix it,because antivirus block it

What antivirus do you have?

when will the 2.9 most likely released?

When it's done.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted A day ago

This issue will be fixed in the next release.
  • Claude_Lib likes this

FawkesMcCloud
  • FawkesMcCloud

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted A day ago

Hello everybody, I've been trying to mod Max Payne 3 special_effects sounds and have the same problem over and over, any little change in those will cause MP3 to be stuck with a black screen just after all the copyright stuff.

Anyone who knows more about modding those sounds in max payne, I would appreciate some help, since I really lack the knowledge to figure what is the problem. Maybe there's work around? Perhaps have something to do with config folder in audio.rpf?

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 hours ago Edited by rollschuh2282, 4 hours ago.

only 2 tasks are left for the next release :happy:  :happy:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users