General OpenIV Discussion and Announcements

5,431 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Problem is, specifically with the MP map, it leads to memory issues like glitched invisible buildings (probably due to the script forcing the game to load two maps at the same time) and crashing if you have any OIV mods like custom cars installed.

I'm pretty sure the game crashes because your reach one of the limit (for example, RPF archives) not because it have any incompatibility with OpenIV mods.

I bet it is that. When I merge my add on cars into the Rockstar DLC files, no RPF's are added. My game is completely stable, and I have 100 add on cars, and I am using the MP Map.

So there are a number of ways that the OpenIV team can fix this issue both with the map, and other add on mods.

-Merge it with one of Rockstar's DLC packs.

-Create a DLC pack that can have content added to it. It has a limited amount of RPF's. So if you wanna install a map or a car, you run the tool and it adds the data to the equivalent files. Where ever possible, don't actually use RPF's. Just use folders. I am not sure if it is possible to simply not use RPF's inside the RPF, but find a way to cut it down. If you can't have the files in folders, maybe have folders in their RPF's. For example, in the RPF for vehicles, have folders for the vehicle files, and mod kit files. But if you can't do that, maybe come up with a prefix naming scheme. So for example, with LC, have the prefix be the name of the folder it was in for GTA IV. So all of the files in manhat01 would have file names that start with manhat01_[name].ydr, manhat01_[name].ytd, manhat01_[name].ydd, manhat01_[name].ymap, manhat01_[name].ytyp, etc...

-Crack the RPF limit to allow more RPF's. I should  point out that in the next update for GTA Online, Rockstar may have to do this, especially if it is a large DLC. It is ether that or have the files organized in a way that minimizes the number of RPF's.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:37 PM Edited by Claude_Lib, 17 February 2017 - 01:30 AM.

I encountered a bug in OpenIV and successfully reproduced it on two machines. It appears that Search (and maybe other functions) doesn't work properly when there's a Model Viewer window minimized. At least in GTA V. Steps I used to reproduce the bug:

Spoiler

Bad Company
  • Bad Company

Player Hater

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:21 AM

@GooD-NTS

already fix it,because antivirus block it

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:39 AM

when will the 2.9 most likely released?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:46 AM

I encountered a bug in OpenIV and successfully reproduced it on two machines. It appears that Search (and maybe other functions) doesn't work properly when there's a Model Viewer window minimized. At least in GTA V. Steps I used to reproduce the bug:

Thank you for the report. I can reproduce it, will look how to fix.

already fix it,because antivirus block it

What antivirus do you have?

when will the 2.9 most likely released?

When it's done.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

This issue will be fixed in the next release.
  • Claude_Lib likes this

FawkesMcCloud
  • FawkesMcCloud

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

Hello everybody, I've been trying to mod Max Payne 3 special_effects sounds and have the same problem over and over, any little change in those will cause MP3 to be stuck with a black screen just after all the copyright stuff.

Anyone who knows more about modding those sounds in max payne, I would appreciate some help, since I really lack the knowledge to figure what is the problem. Maybe there's work around? Perhaps have something to do with config folder in audio.rpf?

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:41 PM Edited by rollschuh2282, 19 February 2017 - 02:41 PM.

only 2 tasks are left for the next release :happy:  :happy:

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

Here is one good thing for you at the end of the year. Folders drag and drop will finally works properly.

03.gif

Huh, I kinda got used to the current behavior. Will there be a key I have to hold down while drag'n'dropping for it to work the old way?

Yeah, the current behaviour, while odd, is useful for stuff like LA Roads that have a lot of folders for different RPFs. An option to switch would be nice if possible.

Well, in this case I have to add an option for that.

The following option has been added: (disabled by default)
02.png
  • reditec likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:24 AM

Maybe make it less vague, something like "Only paste the contents when drag'n'dropping a folder.", but overall great, thank you.

jWILL253
  • jWILL253

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:06 AM Edited by jWILL253, 23 February 2017 - 06:09 AM.

I'm pretty sure the game crashes because your reach one of the limit (for example, RPF archives) not because it have any incompatibility with OpenIV mods.

Nah, the author for the mod suggested as much himself: https://www.gta5-mod...n-all-interiors

ATTN: If you get a scripthook error, try one of the following: 
1. Go to the OpenInteriors.ini file and change loadMultiplayerMap=1 to loadMultiplayerMap=0 
2. Remove any OpenIV mods you have because this mod is incompatible with them. 
3. If all else fails, download version 4 of OpenAllInteriors here: 
https://files.gta5-m...llInteriors.rar

But its no biggie, just wanted an idea of what was possible with the new map tech. I can deal with it.

EDIT: To clarify, I only have about 4 add-on cars installed atm because I'm still trying to learn how to create my own dlc packs. I still run into the scripthook issues with MP map, tho. But, maybe it's a bug that's unique to my copy of GTAV.

ArTuRMV
  • ArTuRMV

Time moves forward. Nothing changes.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:07 PM Edited by ArTuRMV, 26 February 2017 - 08:39 PM.

So, you guys did a basic video about how make custom models to max payne 3, since an import and export tool was launched I'm trying to make a custom model for Max or any ped, but no success. You guys can explain how the Niko mod was made?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

@ArTuRMV I think you need to try look at GTA IV and GTA V tutorials how to make PED, not sure there is any Max Payne 3 tutorials.

The Niko mod was made before we had any tools for 3Ds MAX, it was created in semi-manual way.

ArTuRMV
  • ArTuRMV

Time moves forward. Nothing changes.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

@ArTuRMV I think you need to try look at GTA IV and GTA V tutorials how to make PED, not sure there is any Max Payne 3 tutorials.

The Niko mod was made before we had any tools for 3Ds MAX, it was created in semi-manual way.

uhn.. yes, I'm not expert in 3dmax, but I know a couple things, for example, create extra vertex at the model but the MP3 just crash idk why. At the openiv model viewer everything is corret but in the game nope. I tried to find tutorials about this in the internet and simply do not have, you guys are the only who have knowledge about this haha. I'm only ask for a simple tutorial how to modify correctly the peds model of MP3, I will be very grateful if you help!

juantjie
  • juantjie

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:20 PM Edited by GooD-NTS, 07 March 2017 - 11:14 AM.

I do hope I'm posting in the right place! I'm receiving an error during a package install,:

Type: "EAccessViolation"
Message: "Access violation at address 0088CA84 in module 'OpenIV.exe'. Read of address 00000099"

Spoiler

I have installed Scripthook, all the ASI plugins, am using a fresh install of GTA V, and followed the troubleshooter on the GTA V website. Any suggestions on this problem? Thanks in advance!     - Juan

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Thug

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:18 PM Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE, 06 March 2017 - 01:20 PM.

Can somebody help me ? I got OpenIV crash right after successfull ( according to OpenIV message ) VisualV mod install, here is error information:

Spoiler

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:35 AM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 07 March 2017 - 10:33 AM.

Any hints if you're going to make a .ysc compiler? Seems like you can't really use vehicles.meta to make add-on cars act as a taxi ( the taxi missions are stored in scripts )

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:20 AM Edited by GooD-NTS, 07 March 2017 - 11:21 AM.

I do hope I'm posting in the right place! I'm receiving an error during a package install,:

Can somebody help me ? I got OpenIV crash right after successfull ( according to OpenIV message ) VisualV mod install, here is error information:

You both have the same issue. This is OpenIV UI issue and it already fixed in new version.
As workaround: After "Select location" dialog was shown in Package Installer make a click on any place in the window before using mouce wheel or keyboard.

Any hints if you're going to make a .ysc compiler?

Currently, we don't have any plans to make .ysc compiler.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:16 PM Edited by _CP_, 07 March 2017 - 12:17 PM.

Only two features weren't added yet for 2.9. When they will be finished? Doesn't look so deamanding in comparsion to earlier ones like in-build text editor etc. How long will you want to stop V modding?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

Only two features weren't added yet for 2.9. When they will be finished? Doesn't look so deamanding in comparsion to earlier ones like in-build text editor etc. How long will you want to stop V modding?

The 2nd one down doesn't look too hard, but the top one may take some time.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

Believe me, I’m the one who want to release it as soon as possible.
But, sometimes I can’t work on OpenIV every day because of reasons not related to modding.

• nkjellman and kalleKompura like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:06 AM Edited by nkjellman, 13 March 2017 - 05:51 PM.

Believe me, I’m the one who want to release it as soon as possible.
But, sometimes I can’t work on OpenIV every day because of reasons not related to modding.

Right. On GTA 5 Mods, after you release, we will see good map mods and not those maps that use Map Editor.

• kalleKompura likes this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:42 PM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 11 March 2017 - 04:17 PM.

At this point, I will give it a full year before a significant progress is made by the modders. Sure delays are something to be expected but just think about it, isn't 2.9 was supposed to came out last December? Right now it's almost mid march, and what we're doing now has already been done to death ( hence, the stagnant in GTA V mods).

You can just ignore my post, I kinda move on from this game ( that and Rockstar with their encryption system makes everything a hassle to modders). I'm still optimistic regarding the modding potential in GTA V, but with some realistic expectations.

Sorry if I'm being too cynical, I recently have seen some sh*t in my life.
  • _CP_ and WATER DRAGON like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:05 PM Edited by _CP_, 11 March 2017 - 06:02 PM.

If I can say something, it would be good for modding community when you could divide your work, release what you've done already and push an update with editing embeeded textures later. Mr. Arrow is right, stagnacy is too damn long. Take it into consideration.

• nkjellman, theNGclan, BlackScout and 1 other like this

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

OpenIV is the greatest tool for gta games, since 6 or more years or maybe less, I don't know.

But I'm wondering will you ever make something about .fxc (compiled shaders) files or here is the time for the comfortable word 'impossible'?!! 

reditec
  • reditec

DEV / SocialMediaManager / Translator / 18

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:58 PM Edited by reditec, 14 March 2017 - 12:58 PM.

OpenIV is made by like 3 people. That's not enough to release updates on such a big project frequently. Additionally I'm pretty sure that GooD said that they'd make core changes in OpenIV 2.9 so that's why it's so delayed (correct me if I'm wrong). However, instead of hiring people for OpenIV, open-sourcing major parts or releasing nightly builds, he's like "Please be patient" and prefers delaying updates up to 5 months (and counting).
Btw: This is what I mean when I talk about monopoly in GTA modding...
  • kalleKompura likes this

jWILL253
  • jWILL253

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

There's no point in complaining about release schedules or the nature of OpenIV's code.

No one is getting paid for this, and he's expected to deliver for the modding scene while living a normal life. Let's give GooD & the OIV team a break. And be grateful that he's dedicating his time and efforts.

• gunziness and vitalik2187836 like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

@GoodNTS

I was wondering, do you think it may be a possible way to make branches on trees bend? By that I mean the actual branches and not just the leaves?

Now hear me out, because I have a small feeling that it may be possible. I got a few ideas.

-More of the tree could be made to be like cloth so it could move more. I'm not sure if this would look right but if the amount that the cloth can move can be altered, it could be done so they move a little. Combined with the movement of the leaves, it could create a realistic effect.

-In several of the businesses in GTA Online, the office chairs move different parts. Is it possible that they are actually animated? if so, this may be another way to make tree branches move.

-I have also noticed in cut scenes in story mode, some furniture interacts with the characters. For example, there are a few cut scenes where characters are sitting on Michael's couch. The couch cushions actually compress in the cut scene. So it looks like there are ways to animate static objects. So this gives me a little more reason to believe that it could be possible to  animate tree branches?

What do you think? I think that if we could do that, it would make trees look more natural, and much better in thunderstorms. Heck I remember that wind bent trees in GTA Vice City a little bit.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

OpenIV 2.9

00.png

We are happy to announce the release of OpenIV 2.9! This release includes new tools, map editing features for Grand Theft Auto V and numerous improvements and bug fixes in the different areas of OpenIV.

Important note
It was almost a year since last major OpenIV release, because of that, we decided to delay some features, move them into future versions and make release with current state. This is means our original schedule for the first half of 2017 will be slightly changed. Instead of one OpenIV 2.9.1 release, we are going to have several 2.9.X versions before OpenIV 3.0. Unfortunately, this also means our Liberty City in GTA V modification also behind the schedule, but we still hope to release first beta around late spring. We hope you can understand our decision.

Text Editor
OpenIV now have brand new inbuilt Text Editor, which allows you to edit XML, META and other text files directly in OpenIV without exporting them from archives. New Text Editor has have many useful features like syntax highlighting, customizable search, code folding and more. We will continue to our work on text editor improvements and new features, please report any issues or suggestions you have.

Grand Theft Auto V
For Grand Theft Auto V we have long awaited editing capabilities for map files, such as .ymap, .ytyp and _manifest.ymt. Now you are able to export those files into META/XML format or edit them directly in new OpenIV Text Editor. We also provided support for carcols.ymt and levels.ymt, you will be able to edit those files as well. We will continue our work to support more .ymt/.ymf files in the future releases.

openFormats for Grand Theft Auto V
We also have made numerous changes and improvements to both models (YDR/ODR) and collisions (YBN/OBN) openFormats for Grand Theft Auto V. With those changes you will have more features in models and collision editing.

The mods folder support
The mods folder became important addition to Grand Theft Auto V modding and we continue to improve your experience with it. We added new options, which gives you more control of editing game files.

Tools improvements
Besides new Text Editor we made some changes in other OpenIV tools. For example, in the Search tool you now will be able to select area where you want to make search. It can be game or mods folder only or both of them.

Other important changes
We also made many other changes and tried to fix some annoying bugs. As always, you can find full change log here.

UI Localization
Finally we have written an instruction how to translate OpenIV into your own language and we are calling for you to do so. You can find the localization guide here on GitHub. As for existing localizations you can find list of differences between 2.8 and 2.9 here.

downloadOIV.png

• JoonasPRKL, Claude_Lib, Mr.Arrow and 9 others like this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

i would Kiss you if I could :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users