General OpenIV Discussion and Announcements

4,887 replies to this topic
_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by _CP_, 3 weeks ago.

Ah, I thought that "Line 3" specified as a line number in a file, my bad.

Edit
Angle brackets cannot be used in line parameter.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

any news of ymt editing update?

Look at the roadmap here.

Been checking this daily lmao... Can't wait :)

Take your time lel

elek2008
  • elek2008

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Anyone know how to get openiv to not close when its not selected? If I open a folder or use chrome/firefox/ie or really do anything that inselects openiv it closes.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by nkjellman, 2 weeks ago.

GooD-NTS: By any chance, would you be able to decrypt the peds.ymt file? I need access to it as I have found out how to fix some things in it, like the broken stealth and action mode clip sets on many peds.

Edit: pedpersonality.ymt is another file I want to modify. Even though it was pedpersonality.meta on the Xbox 360, it seems that the format has changed on PC. Not to mention that the file on PC is much smaller than the Xbox 360 version.

• theNGclan, PhillBellic and BlackScout like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 2 weeks ago

GooD-NTS: By any chance, would you be able to decrypt the peds.ymt file? I need access to it as I have found out how to fix some things in it, like the broken stealth and action mode clip sets on many peds.

Edit: pedpersonality.ymt is another file I want to modify. Even though it was pedpersonality.meta on the Xbox 360, it seems that the format has changed on PC. Not to mention that the file on PC is much smaller than the Xbox 360 version.

I second this. I'm eagerly awaiting the ability to modify YMTs but peds.ymt is needed badly right now.

• BlackScout and Member's Only like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

I second this. I'm eagerly awaiting the ability to modify YMTs but peds.ymt is needed badly right now.

If I can edit pedpersonality.ymt, I could fix the action mode and stealth mode animations for all of the human peds. But I hope that the personality can be changed with natives for now.

Edit: I wonder if the PS3 version of the game has a decrypted peds file.

• BlackScout likes this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by NTAuthority, 2 weeks ago.

encrypted != binary PSO (or PSO/RSC, or even RBF which one or two #mts actually are) encoding

encryption is on fiPackfile level and is already handled by OpenIV and legacy tools.

also do note that without modifying the parser (or having every hash resolved - if new fields were added in PC/NG that gets a bit harder) it's impossible to turn a PSO format file into a parseable XML 'meta' given that, well, you wouldn't have the tag/attribute names that match the hashes.

I still wonder why people care about #mt more than the RSC-style parser objects, though, does nobody care about #map/#typ anymore?
  • BlackScout likes this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

does nobody care about #map/#typ anymore?

This team seems to care;

http://openiv.com/bu...oadmap_page.php

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

encrypted != binary PSO (or PSO/RSC, or even RBF which one or two #mts actually are) encoding

encryption is on fiPackfile level and is already handled by OpenIV and legacy tools.

also do note that without modifying the parser (or having every hash resolved - if new fields were added in PC/NG that gets a bit harder) it's impossible to turn a PSO format file into a parseable XML 'meta' given that, well, you wouldn't have the tag/attribute names that match the hashes.

I still wonder why people care about #mt more than the RSC-style parser objects, though, does nobody care about #map/#typ anymore?

Personally, I would rather see ytyp and ymap than ymt. The only reason why I want ymt is so I can fix the broken stealth/action mode animations on a majority of peds in SP. If I get in peds.ymt, I can change the personality on the Freemode Male as I like to play as my Online character in SP. But if I can get into pedpersonality.ymt, I can apply the animations to all the personalities.

But there may be a scripted way to do this. When the game client is in GTA Online mode (whether its actual GTA Online, or a FiveM server), all of the peds use the default stealth/action mode animations. It is possible that this is why animals like birds crash in Online. This is why I would leave the animals action/stealth mode parameter at NULL, and set all the human personalities action/stealth mode parameter to DEFAULT.

• BlackScout and Sweet Bellic like this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Angle brackets cannot be used in line parameter.

They can be, you just need to make it xml encoded.
As I said, it is better to use XML commands instead of TEXT for xml files.

Been checking this daily lmao... Can't wait :)
Take your time lel

I'm kinda sick right now, not able to do anything for few days yet.

Anyone know how to get openiv to not close when its not selected? If I open a folder or use chrome/firefox/ie or really do anything that inselects openiv it closes.

Can you please provide more information on this?

peds.ymt - no, pedpersonality.ymt - no
You need to wait when they will be support in OpenIV.

No. 

That is correct.

does nobody care about #map/#typ anymore?

This team seems to care;
http://openiv.com/bu...oadmap_page.php

I think what NTAuthority is trying to say: people more often ask for some ymt files, but not for #map/#typ which allows to edit map.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BlackScout, 2 weeks ago.

@GooD-NTS Oh, it happens. Hope you get better :).

@NTAuthority There are people who care...

YMAP/YTYP will be very useful to properly restore all of those so polemical removed trees from beta versions...

WATER DRAGON
  • WATER DRAGON

Trick

• Members

Posted A week ago

@GooD-NTS Oh, it happens. Hope you get better :).

@NTAuthority There are people who care...

YMAP/YTYP will be very useful to properly restore all of those so polemical removed trees from beta versions...

Um I care... Every night I'm checking out roadmap to see the progress for the next update. If Rockstar won't bring Liberty City I hope the OpenIV team will. 

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Why quote me? I didn't say nobody care....

And yes, that'd be great. But they said they are working on it... So, let's just wait them to say something.

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Could the option to use the backspace key to return to the previous directory be added? Kinda surprised it's not already there.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Could the option to use the backspace key to return to the previous directory be added? Kinda surprised it's not already there.

You could use "ALT+LEFT" shortcut for now, I will look for backspace key it will be added if it will not conflict with something else.

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Any progress on the video editor thing that i requested?

• Sweet Bellic likes this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 days ago

Any progress on the video editor thing that i requested?

Can you make a special .asi that forces to use custom res for video editor. I like to render 4K 60 fps video's and hate that it's locked to 1080p only.

It is impossible to change video resolution for 4K because GTA V encodes video with Advanced Video Codec ([email protected]) and [email protected] does not support 4K resolution.
We was able to change the game limit but video rendering failed due to not supported resolution.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 3 days ago.

Surprising they use L4.2 when their game was supposedly made to support 4K... What's worse is that it wouldn't be a hard change (for them) to change the level to 5.

Do you also know what they use to encode? CPU, CUDA, OpenCL...?

PlayStation 4
  • PlayStation 4

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Surprising they use L4.2 when their game was supposedly made to support 4K... What's worse is that it wouldn't be a hard change (for them) to change the level to 5.

It'd most likely use the CPU to encode the videos. Highly doubt that they'd use OpenCL for encoding.

• Spider-Vice and Sweet Bellic like this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago Edited by Mr.Arrow, A day ago.

About the nodes format (.YND),is it similar to paths.ipl? Or is it something like navmesh?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A day ago

I don't know. 

About the nodes format (.YND),is it similar to paths.ipl? Or is it something like navmesh?

We didn't fully research this format yet, but it seems easier than navmesh.
  • Spider-Vice and BlackScout like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A day ago

maybe i 'm going to say something dumb, but who never tries, will never succeed. it would be cool if we could import V odr directly into IV. if OpenIV did all the job

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A day ago

it would be cool if we could import V odr directly into IV. if OpenIV did all the job

It would be cool if someone write ODR(V) to ODR(IV) converter. (We can help with this task)
We have no time to bring any new features for GTA IV.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted A day ago

That's irrevalant.

These technologies only matter when speed is concerned and if there's only one video to be encoded, it doesn't matter if it would take 15 or 30 minutes.

I might reverse engineer the YND format when I'll learn GTA V reverse engineering better.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted A day ago

That's irrevalant.

These technologies only matter when speed is concerned and if there's only one video to be encoded, it doesn't matter if it would take 15 or 30 minutes.

Way to jump to conclusions there. All I did was ask the question, I wasn't going to ask anyone to change it or anything. They use something to encode it, IV used CUDA on supported graphics cards as it was faster on some older ones than newer ones, so I don't see the reason for the question being so "irrelevant".

• BlackScout likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 hours ago

it would be cool if we could import V odr directly into IV. if OpenIV did all the job

It would be cool if someone write ODR(V) to ODR(IV) converter. (We can help with this task)
We have no time to bring any new features for GTA IV.

even if totally respect your choice, for me V is still far for having brought me the proof it is better than IV. i'm not fanboying here, this is what i really think. i don't really understand your choices of you and 3doom to abandon IV support, but i respect these choices

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 22 hours ago

latest finding: GTA V has 1024 path files possible.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 19 hours ago

latest finding: GTA V has 1024 path files possible.

latest finding: no shït sherlock, that's what you get if multiplying the grid size
  • BlackScout and RM76 like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users